hibs.net Messageboard

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    You can't just sweep the systematic failure to properly register players over a sustained period under the carpet.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... not to mention the Truth Commission where alleged atrocities were investigated and confessions made by the perpetrators.

... kind of like an Independent Enquiry!!
    Well, apart from that I mentioned it, aye!

First Team Breakthrough
    Tinhat and padded bra on but am I the only one that agrees with the decision taken by Hibs.
    I cannot see any benefit in chasing a fruitless case that's been flung out more times than a ball out of the Jambos net.
    I think the money to pay legal eagles is wasted here and agree its better spent on the future of the club.
    Why should only Hibs take it forward?
    I hate Rangers(Hearts as well) financial doping as much as the next guy, Integrity is very important I understand that but ships have sailed and lines must be drawn.
    Maybe if someone could explain what your expectations would be and albeit at what cost i might have a different take on things.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ads913 View Post
    Tinhat and padded bra on but am I the only one that agrees with the decision taken by Hibs.
    I cannot see any benefit in chasing a fruitless case that's been flung out more times than a ball out of the Jambos net.
    I think the money to pay legal eagles is wasted here and agree its better spent on the future of the club.
    I hate Rangers(Hearts as well) financial doping as much as the next guy, Integrity is very important I understand that but ships have sailed and lines must be drawn.
    Maybe if someone could explain what your expectations would be and albeit at what cost i might have a different take on things.

Good afternoon DJ

I think i'll just find something else to spend my time and money on. Will I be missed? Probably not but I hope enough people feel the same way to make them notice.

Those who feel strongly enough could arrange a boycott.

No outspan oranges or cricket tours until they see the error of their ways. Freedom!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ads913 View Post

No you're far from being the only one with common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Tell you what, you appeasement apologists aren't half a smug bunch.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    You can't just sweep the systematic failure to properly register players over a sustained period under the carpet.
    See here, not sure getting the advice of senior QC to see if it can be challenged is sweeping under the carpet?

"Gerry Moynihan Q.C. has confirmed that:- (i) the breaches of Scottish FA and SPL Rules and Regulations arising from the failure of Rangers OldCo to make the required notifications in relation to registrations and contract disclosure requirements are now closed and cannot be re-opened by the SPFL nor can the Commission or a new Commission now impose further or different sanctions. The SPFL has no power in law to re-open these issues and the Commission has no power in law, assuming it wished to do so, to modify or supplement the sanction previously imposed"

Read more at https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl...dUwlK7LyQKg.99

Testimonial Due
    I think it might help if the club released the legal advice they received - it might help explain why the board was unanimous. If there really is so little prospect of redress then focussing on other stuff going forward is the right thing to do.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    I think it might help if the club released the legal advice they received - it might help explain why the board was unanimous. If there really is so little prospect of redress then focussing on other stuff going forward is the right thing to do.
    I think they are referring to the legal advice the SPFL received previously.

See full coverage of it here:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-press-release-84/

I think it would be a far more useful discussion if folk knew the limits of what they were asking for!

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    The club didn't receive any legal advice. They're relying on the advice given to the SPFL.

According to their statement, that advice was similar to that given to the SFA.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Absolutely. Constant insults all day. I get really offended as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So athletics can declare cheating athletes retrospectively didn't win competitions.
    Cycling can declare cheating cyclists retrospectively didn't win competitions.
    Swimming can declare cheating swimmers retrospectively didn't win competitions.
    Baseball can declare cheating batters retrospectively didn't win competitions.

... but there's nothing to be done in Scottish football? Ok then.
    How much did individual cyclists or baseball players fork out to reach these all important "declarations" though? If Rangers were to be stripped of their EBT titles and cups and those same titles and cups awarded retrospectively to the runners up, what would Hibs get? 1 whole league Cup? (Assuming we don't indulge in massive whataboutery and analyse every loss to them over a 20 year period.

I don't think declarations and inquests and God knows what else are required for each and every one of us to feel vastly superior to that mob, now and forever.

I support and focus on Hibs, the future of Hibs and only Hibs as far as Scottish football goes.

All the rest is just white noise, especially when we're talking about boardroom matters. I just couldn't give a **** tbh.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I think what we want is for the enquiry to reveal that Regan, Petrie and a few others colluded to allow Rangers to do what they liked.

This will force their resignations and ensure that Scottish football can move on safe in the knowledge that this could never happen again.

If Rangers get stripped of titles then that's a bonus.

I can't see what other outcome could satisfy People?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Respect your opinion and I rarely allow my passion for Hibs to get into the boring but necessary stuff I did for a living.

All I can say is if the first and "authoritative" legal advice I got was taken as gospel and never tried I'd be destitute.

As a generality I'd say about 60% of what the advice at the outset was in line with how the issue ended. You can definitely get "advice" tailored to your needs. Often works in the short term if the people you are looking to deter haven't got the cash to fight.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I agree with all this.

I think the clubs and authorities are hiding behind the legal advice, and this was probably designed in from the 5 way agreement.

It is astonishingly easy to get legal advice that supports the clients view!

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    It might be next year, or 5 years or maybe 10 years or more but there will come a time when we have another football 'scandal' and people will point fingers at the SFA and question how this happened and who is to blame, question those in charge of running our game and wonder if they are really running it for the benefit of the fans or for the benfit of themselves and a select few. I am not sure what the scandal or incident will be and when it will happen, it may never happen, but if it does then we can look back at the last few days and say we had our chance to do something, and we chose to do nothing at all.

A massive opportunity wasted - it goes far beyond Rangers and stripping them of titles, it was an opportunity to review the way the game is administered in the country and make changes for the better. I think we will look back and see this is a missed opportunity in years to come.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    I think what we want is for the enquiry to reveal that Regan, Petrie and a few others colluded to allow Rangers to do what they liked.

This will force their resignations and ensure that Scottish football can move on safe in the knowledge that this could never happen again.

If Rangers get stripped of titles then that's a bonus.

I can't see what other outcome could satisfy People?
    Public flogging of Craig Thomson

Leigh to be forced back to ER

The outing of Marinello59 as the club's mole on Hibs.net

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Are we now at the stage of insinuating that a group of fans don't have common sense because they don't think the same way?

The hypocrisy and hilarity of that is people either didn't have common sense or were aware of the cheating Rangers did when it was in full flow. We are talking about more than EBT and Rangers as far as I'm concerned. This was a matter for the fans of Scottish Football to decide and it seems no club has consulted with the fans.

Its maybe just my lack of common sense but if this them and us approach to key aspects of Scottish Football continues then the lifeblood of Scottish Football will dwindle again - the fans that is. Scottish Football takes a boom bust approach to everything, everything is on the rise so all clubs are spending more. A few dreary seasons of Old Firm domination and I can assure you we'll be back at square one with cheating and lack of competition at the top. Let's just move on and look to that fairer, brighter future though!

Moving towards fan ownership where HSL say nothing unless they want money, Hibs hold off on a statement that could dwindle ST sales, our fan representatives say nothing and no fans were consulted on the stance the club should take. I'm finding it a real struggle where fan ownership comes in? I've denied it for a long time but I can see where the Ponzi Scheme stuff came from. Fans will always be dealt with at an arms length while mismanagement is rife within Scottish Football.

Again my common sense is a bit poor.

I'd be 100% behind either outcome if Hibs fans voted with the board on this matter. They did not get a chance and that's what I'm annoyed at. We were, in my eyes, purposely excluded.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    See here, not sure getting the advice of senior QC to see if it can be challenged is sweeping under the carpet?

"Gerry Moynihan Q.C. has confirmed that:- (i) the breaches of Scottish FA and SPL Rules and Regulations arising from the failure of Rangers OldCo to make the required notifications in relation to registrations and contract disclosure requirements are now closed and cannot be re-opened by the SPFL nor can the Commission or a new Commission now impose further or different sanctions. The SPFL has no power in law to re-open these issues and the Commission has no power in law, assuming it wished to do so, to modify or supplement the sanction previously imposed"

Read more at https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl...dUwlK7LyQKg.99

You are being very naive with this comment.

The bigger the 'thing' you need to sweep under the carpet, the bigger the names you hire to make it happen.

How anyone can read the LNS Commission conclusion and still have absolute faith in the probity of the legal system is beyond me.

Left by mutual consent!
    I've noticed that too. Along with insults. Yet they will say it's the other causing bother.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    How much did individual cyclists or baseball players fork out to reach these all important "declarations" though? If Rangers were to be stripped of their EBT titles and cups and those same titles and cups awarded retrospectively to the runners up, what would Hibs get? 1 whole league Cup? (Assuming we don't indulge in massive whataboutery and analyse every loss to them over a 20 year period.

I don't think declarations and inquests and God knows what else are required for each and every one of us to feel vastly superior to that mob, now and forever.

I support and focus on Hibs, the future of Hibs and only Hibs as far as Scottish football goes.

All the rest is just white noise, especially when we're talking about boardroom matters. I just couldn't give a **** tbh.
    Would be nice! And then when we're finished with Der Hun we could go after all the other cheats. So That's a 2012 SC from the Poppy Thieves and a 2004 League Cup from that horrible we plasticy club, Livingston, just to get it right up Alan Preston.

Oh, and then we'd have to retrospectively contest the 2006 SC final with Gretna... Wait a minute, they're deid anaw... But we could play Gretna 2008 in a winner takes all game at the old Civil Service strollers ground.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    You are being very naive with this comment.

The bigger the 'thing' you need to sweep under the carpet, the bigger the names you hire to make it happen.

How anyone can read the LNS Commission conclusion and still have absolute faith in the probity of the legal system is beyond me.
    In my day job I'm no stranger to the law and so it is not naïve, it is realistic.

A senior QC has given an opinion on the rules in place at the time and the limit of the law in re-opening judgements that have already been made.

It is pretty conclusive as far as these things go.

If you consider that Celtic would have quite deep pockets and have motivation - they haven't been able to challenge this aspect and their statement notes that they aren't looking to pursue this.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    I've noticed that too. Along with insults. Yet they will say it's the other causing bother.
    Have to admit that's how I see some not all. Very smug indeed and speaking like everyone who wants to take it further are idiots.

If you don't want to or don't care fine, but I for one don't like cheating at any level and if more can be done then I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post

Just void the competitions. Every competition won by cheating Rangers replaced in the record books with "* - trophy withheld."

You can't re-award the cups anyway as every club beaten by Rangers along the way would have as good a claim. You could recalculate the leagues (presumably they'd all go to Celtc) but it's a can of worms. Whose to say how things would have panned out with different points gaps between the teams at various stages etc.

In my view, that should just be done now at a cost of next to **** all.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Have to admit that's how I see some not all. Very smug indeed and speaking like everyone who wants to take it further are idiots.

If you don't want to or don't care fine, but I for one don't like cheating at any level and if more can be done then I'm all for it.
    To be fair there has been some poor stuff from both sides of the argument but in the main, despite the passion generated, people have kept things respectful. It would be a shame to lose sight of that.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Ironic that you mention insults quoting someone calling some posters appeasement apologists.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    To be fair there has been some poor stuff from both sides of the argument but in the main, despite the passion generated, people have kept things respectful. It would be a shame to lose sight of that.
    I agree, just a shame when it goes to sly digs or being smug when there really is no need! If folk don't care fine ignore it. Those who do care maybe can look at other avenues to see if more action can be taken.

One thing I will say, I'd never stop going to ER on a sat to support them, I don't blame the teams for this so I'd hoped others would back the boys and show the board up in other ways. So many good things have gone on the past 3 years and this really has been a massive blow to a lot of fans who put their trust into the Hibs board again.

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    Ironic that you mention insults quoting someone calling some posters appeasement apologists.
    Yeah, that was my dig. I was riled by the smugness.

Uncalled for and I'm sorry.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Yeah, that was my dig. I was riled by the smugness.

Uncalled for and I'm sorry.
    Fair play for that.