hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Confirmed Celtic will get the full south stand due to lack of time to arrange otherwise.
    Does that mean with time, the Sevco allocation will be getting cut?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hopefully people now back the club up and snap up the tickets in the home stands quickly once on sale to make it a no brainer.

"Given the lack of time given to plan arrangements and sell tickets, Celtic will occupy the full South Stand. A decision will be made on splitting the South Stand for the Kilmarnock and Rangers game based on demand and sales in the coming week."

I wonder if the fans reps had input into this decision?

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    I think the issue is that the South Stand has always been seen as the Away stand, that could be from about 90 supporters from the likes of Hamilton to a full stand for Celtic, rangers and hearts. It’s only been fairly recently that we have had to open to home fans. It is a tough choice when it comes to old firm as they generally sell out the away end, meaning more cash for us. How much do we loose for segregation? I have no idea.

So I can see both points of view , sell out more cash. Segregation more Hibs fans .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Donald Duck the Full fats !

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    I think the issue is that the South Stand has always been seen as the Away stand, that could be from about 90 supporters from the likes of Hamilton to a full stand for Celtic, rangers and hearts. It’s only been fairly recently that we have had to open to home fans. It is a tough choice when it comes to old firm as they generally sell out the away end, meaning more cash for us. How much do we loose for segregation? I have no idea.

So I can see both points of view , sell out more cash. Segregation more Hibs fans .

As long as the Hibs part of the South is pretty much filled then the seats lost to segregation will be worthwhile.

I personally think that segregating the South Stand probably does have economic downsides that make the club (rightly) cautious of doing it, however I think it's also very good publicity that can maybe offset any loss with people buying tickets for future games and even season tickets hopefully.

Given that the game against Rangers is going to be on TV, and the East side of the South Stand is visible on TV when the ball's down that end of the ground, it would be a real eye-opener for fans of other clubs (and random potential punters for that matter) if Hibs - who used to barely muster 10,000 home fans against the Old Firm - were now having to cut a Rangers allocation to squeeze in even more of our own fans.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    We havent had the demand we have now for decades. This isnt the Hibs of 5, 10, 20 , 30 years ago, this is a new era. Average attendances over 17,500, can any of us have imagined that a few year ago? We put fans in the South stand against the likes of Hamilton (with all due respect to Hamilton) why on earth wouldnt there be a demand against the likes of Rangers or resurgent Kilmarnock post split? (understand the reasons why this couldnt be arranged for the Celtic match). Im hoping in future no one gets more than half the south apart from Hearts with our reciprocal agreement.

The small loss of seats for segregation will be justified if the bigger home support helps us gain a place in the table. Money wise it's a big jump between 4/3/2

With a police monitoring systems, cctv etc in the stadium, the fact that in England Liverpool v Everton/ United , Spurs v Arsenal, City v United etc etc are seperated by a mere line of stewards there is no real need for banks and banks of empty seats for segregation. Fans mouth off, but fighting in the stadium? Do we seriously think it would kick off? Its not 1990.

Huns are foaming at the mouth, and it’s absolutely glorious: https://www.followfollow.com/forum/t...tickets.25764/

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post

It’s not necessarily a recent thing given the South was quite often split in the McLeish era if not before and afterwards.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    It’s not necessarily a recent thing given the South was quite often split in the McLeish era if not before and afterwards.
    And the Mowbray era.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle1875 View Post
    Huns are foaming at the mouth, and it’s absolutely glorious: https://www.followfollow.com/forum/t...tickets.25764/
    That thread is actually comedy gold.

Left by mutual consent!
    User:semperparatus. Has a really good and interesting thought on it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    User:semperparatus. Has a really good and interesting thought on it all.
    Yep, very insightful response 😂😂

Yep, very insightful response 😂😂
    It’s amazing how reading through just half a dozen posts on that despicable site makes your stomach churn in reminding you just what a horrible horrible organisation they are.

Scotland’s shame and the **** of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    It’s amazing how reading through just half a dozen posts on that despicable site makes your stomach churn in reminding you just what a horrible horrible organisation they are.

Scotland’s shame and the **** of the earth.
    Rangers Media had an even more insightful thread, dubbed ‘Embra Tarriers.’ The seethe is a joy to behold.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/315070-embra-tarriers/

Left by mutual consent!
    Rangers Media had an even more insightful thread, dubbed ‘Embra Tarriers.’ The seethe is a joy to behold.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/315070-embra-tarriers/
    Embra Tarriers, sounds like some sort of ice hockey team.

This is beautiful.

Do these clowns realise that we currently get around 2% of the capacity of Ibrox for games through there?

We usually give them around 20% of our stadium's capacity and I highly doubt that if we do reduce their allocation in a few weeks, it will be anything like as small as the allocation they give to our fans.

It's regrettable that we are not doing the same for the Celtic game but I'm sure that if we continue with the current level of sales into next season, their allocation will be reduced too.

I love that we are upsetting Rangers fans so much it is a wonderful feeling and long may it continue.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This is beautiful.

Do these clowns realise that we currently get around 2% of the capacity of Ibrox for games through there?

We usually give them around 20% of our stadium's capacity and I highly doubt that if we do reduce their allocation in a few weeks, it will be anything like as small as the allocation they give to our fans.

It's regrettable that we are not doing the same for the Celtic game but I'm sure that if we continue with the current level of sales into next season, their allocation will be reduced too.

I love that we are upsetting Rangers fans so much it is a wonderful feeling and long may it continue.
    It is rather good they are not happy add that to Celtic getting the full amount.

Only downside is I do not want us to be seen favouring Celtic as I dislike them as well but we understand the time and logistics was to short to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    It is rather good they are not happy add that to Celtic getting the full amount.

Only downside is I do not want us to be seen favouring Celtic as I dislike them as well but we understand the time and logistics was to short to do anything.
    Yeah i hate that we are perceived to have some kind of affiliation with Celtic but if it adds to the anger of Rangers fans then who am I to judge?

As I said I'm sure the Celtic allocation will be reduced next season assuming we continue to attract our own fans in large numbers.

They really hate us 😂😂😂

The feelings are mutual Huns

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    They really hate us

The feelings are mutual Huns

It would be even better if their hatred was because we generally beat them when it matters but religion and their "culture" is more important than that, sadly.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post

It would be even better if their hatred was because we generally beat them when it matters but religion and their "culture" is more important than that, sadly.

It's not even accurate.

They'll hate me based on doctrinal differences within a religion that most of them are ignorant about, and yet like them I was raised Church of Scotland. And as an atheist I probably attend the kirk as often as they do.

It's ridiculous that adherence to primitive superstitions can give rise to such strong emotions about someone they've never met.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    It's not even accurate.

They'll hate me based on doctrinal differences within a religion that most of them are ignorant about, and yet like them I was raised Church of Scotland. And as an atheist I probably attend the kirk as often as they do.

It's ridiculous that adherence to primitive superstitions can give rise to such strong emotions about someone they've never met.

Us atheists never did understand religion. Just like most of the huns really

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

The wailing and gnashing of teeth is even more hilarious when you can find multiple lengthy threads where they demand Celtic's ticket allocation at Ibrox be cut. How dare us presumptuous wee Hibees act the same way they do!

Surely some scope for them to push on with a late surge for the ‘Club Statement League’ .

I think my favourite is “ pissed off with how we are getting treated by these animals.”

Can literally hear the tears splashing off the keyboard. 😂😂

I think my favourite is “ pissed off with how we are getting treated by these animals.”

Can literally hear the tears splashing off the keyboard.
    They're very silly boys, up to their knees in indignation. They should channel their energy positively into a Klub 1872 statement or something of that type?

Sir Matt Busby