hibs.net Messageboard

Page 18 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Clearly as you consider it a pub League it’s not much to deteriorate from is it?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you read his article he says he is a right footed right back. He played left back for the *cumbos as they were short in that position at that time.
    The news article on the Hibs website says he's a left sided defender
    http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8348

For any of you that bases a player based on his fifa stat here are our new signings

Bain - 65
    Rherras - 67
    MacLaren - 73
    Florian Kamberi (trialist) - 64

In comparison to players we already have

Marciano - 65
    Stevenson - 62
    Whittikar - 70
    Mcginn - 66
    Stokes - 66

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenttwo View Post
    Winning the cup cup was and is in the past and as for winning a pub league like the championship please!!!! My point is we have deteriorated since then with record ST sales. Can you really say you are excited about the signings this Window
    And have you not worked out that it is virtually impossible to get decent quality in January without paying stupid money?

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Totally agree We the fans have been forking out our hard earned cash in Season Tickets,Hospitality etc etc. Been saying this for a while as soon as you get near our stadium it’s money money What have we got in return. Not a lot I say OK we are fourth in a poor league but overall we have not a good team. When last did we win a game convincingly and the signings lately seem very poor.
    Sorry mate, thought you must be referring to Edinburgh's wee stadium there. I understand that they fleece their support left, right and centre - and they're still behind us.

After some time, I think I have now got the hang of Hibs.net: if we win against a bottom six team, some complain that we wouldn’t beat a better team performing like that, if we beat a top six team we are certs for the title. Get beat by anyone though, and we have the worst manager and a poor team. It really is sad reading some stuff on here. We got beat by Hearts for the first time in 10 games FFS. We were doing well until 3 tough games in a week - which other team has had a similar run of tough fixtures? In fact, we are still doing well -unless of course we go with the ifs and buts brigade and we will lose our next 5 games! It does go the opposite way guys, what IF we win 2 or 3 of these games?
    Last edited by Wee Effen Bee; 22-01-2018 at 09:03 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    To be fair, there was nothing about Rherras before he signed. He just randomly appeared as a new signing. Not one person got that scoop.
    Fair point.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    After some time now, I think I have now got the hang of Hibs.net: if we win against a bottom six team, some complain that we wouldn’t beat a better team performing like that, if we beat a top six team we are certs for the title. Get beat by anyone though, and we have the worst manager and a poor team. It really is sad reading some stuff on here. We got beat by Hearts for the first time in 10 games FFS. We were doing well until 3 tough games in a week - which other team has had a similar run of tough fixtures? In fact, we are still doing well -unless of course we go with the ifs and buts brigade and we will lose our next 5 games! It does go the opposite way guys, what IF we win 2 or 3 of these games?

Christ, you'll never last.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    I suspect the ER recruitment section is currently like a duck.
    Nothing much appearing to be going on above the surface however, the legs below the waterline will be working like hell.
    I sincerely hope they are.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Christ, you'll never last.
    😁

After some time, I think I have now got the hang of Hibs.net: if we win against a bottom six team, some complain that we wouldn’t beat a better team performing like that, if we beat a top six team we are certs for the title. Get beat by anyone though, and we have the worst manager and a poor team. It really is sad reading some stuff on here. We got beat by Hearts for the first time in 10 games FFS. We were doing well until 3 tough games in a week - which other team has had a similar run of tough fixtures? In fact, we are still doing well -unless of course we go with the ifs and buts brigade and we will lose our next 5 games! It does go the opposite way guys, what IF we win 2 or 3 of these games?
    Stop talking sense, there's no place for that here

Right people ITK....who we linked with?

Regarding Tam McManus tweet about wondering if another ex hearts player is joining.

Heard it could be Tony Watt. Personally hope not as think he is a idiot
    Last edited by Unseen work; 22-01-2018 at 09:44 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Obviously the previously lauded recruitment system should also be doubted.

When it gets really bad we’ll start wondering why we pay so much for a training centre as well.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

Regarding Tam McManus tweet about wondering if another ex hearts player is joining.

Tony Watt...please no...we are honestly going backwards. Why are we suddenly going back in to Butcher and Fenton type recruitment?

I really hope this isn’t the case.

How the hell do we make better signings when we are down a division? I cannot understand this, we get McGeouch, McGinn, Holt, McGregor etc. We get promoted and the recruitment has been bizarre so far...

We don’t have a right back and we sign Rherras who is a left back...mental stuff
    Last edited by madhatter; 22-01-2018 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Tony Watt...please no...we are honestly going backwards. Why are we suddenly going back in Butcher and Fenton type recruitment?

It’s most likely rubbish or a yam mate on the wind up because of his Celtic/Lennon past.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    We’ve got those 3 fixtures coming up shortly again. Hold onto yer hat.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Tony Watt...please no...we are honestly going backwards. Why are we suddenly going back in to Butcher and Fenton type recruitment?

How the hell do we make better signings when we are down a division? I cannot understand this, we get McGeouch, McGinn, Holt, McGregor etc. We get promoted and the recruitment has been bizarre so far...

We don’t have a right back and we sign Rherras who is a left back...mental stuff
    Except Rherras played right back for his club this season and is right footed.

Promising Youngster
    Anyone heard Ziggy Gordon’s on the move?

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Ok, I’ll accept that. Surely there are more suitable right backs though? Is our scouting network really that limited? Tons of talented youth down in championship this year. Surprised we aren’t looking at those...

I honestly thought Peter Grant at Falkirk would be a young CB worth looking at. Don’t really need a CB at the moment and he’s not the best example of decent players down there but you get my point.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Tons of talented youth down in championship this year. Surprised we aren’t looking at those...

I honestly thought Peter Grant at Falkirk would be a young CB worth looking at. Don’t really need a CB at the moment and he’s not the best example of decent players down there but you get my point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I’ll accept that. Surely there are more suitable right backs though? Is our scouting network really that limited? Tons of talented youth down in championship this year. Surprised we aren’t looking at those...

No I don’t really.Does he play for the Falkirk who regularly get humped?

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    No I don’t really.Does he play for the Falkirk who regularly get humped?
    I guess big Dave, Whittaker and Swanson were all coming from Champions League winning sides?

I suppose they have a better pedigree but I don't think that really matters when it comes to crocks and flops.

Boyle couldn't get a game for Dundee and is now a guaranteed starter for us. Judging a player solely on what they've done in past is a mistake we've made many times before.

Sign players with pedigree soon becomes sign journeyman with serious injury issues. Is Whittaker looking like he will play anytime soon? Liam Craig was great for us, eh?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Totally agree We the fans have been forking out our hard earned cash in Season Tickets,Hospitality etc etc. Been saying this for a while as soon as you get near our stadium it’s money money What have we got in return. Not a lot I say OK we are fourth in a poor league but overall we have not a good team. When last did we win a game convincingly and the signings lately seem very poor.
    What a crock, the championship is a pub league and the top league is poor what nonsense. The premier league is stronger than it has been in years and we are doing well up to now and should have more points. Some perspective needed.

Testimonial Due

Indont understand people getting humpty about Rherras. We are effectively trying to sign a 3rd choice right back, and according to jambos i know he was decent, if not brilliant pkayer (and he played out of position for them at left back). That is exactly what it looks like, a fairly cheap, slightly panicked buy for a postion where we already have two established, top players.

Im much more concerned about a replacement for Stokes... because we need something up top badly.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    Indont understand people getting humpty about Rherras. We are effectively trying to sign a 3rd choice right back, and according to jambos i know he was decent, if not brilliant pkayer (and he played out of position for them at left back). That is exactly what it looks like, a fairly cheap, slightly panicked buy for a postion where we already have two established, top players.

Im much more concerned about a replacement for Stokes... because we need something up top badly.
    If Stokes is leaving we need similar quality to replace him.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post

Two established, top players? Gray and Whittaker have spent more time injured than anything else this season. Both are unlikely to be back before March/April...

Hibs should have assessed Whittaker's injury, they dont appear to. Gray has had a long term issue with injuries and yet we sign Whittaker with a chronic injury issue...that is crazy. Now we sign another right back on loan (said left sided defender on the website). How about getting initial recruitment right rather than recruiting twice for every position?

So we've now got 3 right backs and 1 left back...guess Hibs are fairly confident that Stevenson will remain fit. Or just happy to move the playing "out of position" over to that side.

Two established, top players? Gray and Whittaker have spent more time injured than anything else this season. Both are unlikely to be back before March/April...

Hibs should have assessed Whittaker's injury, they dont appear to. Gray has had a long term issue with injuries and yet we sign Whittaker with a chronic injury issue...that is crazy. Now we sign another right back on loan (said left sided defender on the website). How about getting initial recruitment right rather than recruiting twice for every position?

So we've now got 3 right backs and 1 left back...guess Hibs are fairly confident that Stevenson will remain fit. Or just happy to move the playing "out of position" over to that side.
    Rherras can play and cover in both full back positions. Whittaker injury has obviously worsened to say we signed him knowing he has or had a chronic injury issue on a 3 year deal is obviously nonsense. Gray has been unlucky with injuries these things happen.

Testimonial Due

I take your point on injuries, but we cant have it both ways. Building a squad isnt just about signing the best players for every position, but signing the best, available players within a budget.

Gray will be a high earner, as will whittaker - maybe we shouldn't habe signed whittake, i dont know if he has a chronic injury. But Rherras as cover for both right and left back is not the problem here - he seems like a good january, mid season signing to cover two positions where the squad is thin.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    If Stokes is leaving we need similar quality to replace him.
    Agree. Or a big mixu / brewster type who can add a different dimension to our game. Or both, preferably...!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

Heard it was Ryan McGowan