hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought we already had one, albeit not full size. Been some videos on hibs tv etc where they’ve done challenges indoor.

Also if it’s indoor and full size it could be rented out to other teams etc.
    The shed at east mains is horrendous.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I'd take the opportunity to get the pitch built.

The training centre is now being used properly, almost every player that has arrived at the club over the last three or four seasons has visibly improved, strength and fitness are better than ever and the team has been getting better and better.

Having a full size pitch readily available around the clock is a significant advantage for the team, I'm confident that if we built it, it would be money well spent.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I’m happy for Hibs to invest the cash on whatever they see fit, be that players or infrastructure. You certainly don’t need to spend a fortune on players to succeed. We have managed to recruit relatively cheaply and develop players into fantastic assets.

Coaching Staff
    [QUOTE=Liam978;5464757]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Circa
    They have been quoted £800.000 to cover the 4g pitch. IE a roof and sides along the lines of the east stand.
    Just wondering - could we get a grant from the lottery or sportscoland, as this is contributing using to a national sports development programme?

[QUOTE=GloryGlory;5465550]
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam978 View Post

Just wondering - could we get a grant from the lottery or sportscoland, as this is contributing using to a national sports development programme?
    Club are already looking into all this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;5465561]
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post

Club are already looking into all this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=60yearahibby;5465565]

[QUOTE=60yearahibby;5465566]Too early for me. Pressed wrong button twice.
    Anyway doubt lottery or sportscotland money available for such a project given their investment in Prism. Worth a try.
    When Hibs were building East Mains I was told at the time that RP had agreed to a concrete foundation strip being included right round the perimeter of the outdoor synthetic pitch. This would allow a future cover to be created at a later date without possible damage to the pitch from excavator, concrete or mud. If true well done Rod. Celtic were I'm told offered the same design but didn't take up the offer.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Full size indoor pitch every time for me. The winters can be quite brutal here at times and we need facilities our players can train in all season long. I'm sure STF said many years ago that he was looking at building this in the future, well the future is here and now and if can do it then, GET IT DONE. Use some of the transfer fee from SJM then when we sell Mallan in 3 years time, all that money can go to attracting new and better players.

[QUOTE=60yearahibby;5465573]
    Quote Originally Posted by 60yearahibby View Post

Too early for me. Pressed wrong button twice.
    Anyway doubt lottery or sportscotland money available for such a project given their investment in Prism. Worth a try.
    When Hibs were building East Mains I was told at the time that RP had agreed to a concrete foundation strip being included right round the perimeter of the outdoor synthetic pitch. This would allow a future cover to be created at a later date without possible damage to the pitch from excavator, concrete or mud. If true well done Rod. Celtic were I'm told offered the same design but didn't take up the offer.
    ‘Mon the ‘Tache! :P

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Naw. He was at Hearts , subsequently released before joining Lothian Thistle HV and then eventually joined Hibs. If he was a product of our youth system how many goals did he score at that level for us?
    I know all that. He scored bucket loads for the Hibs Development side didn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Thought we already had one, albeit not full size. Been some videos on hibs tv etc where they’ve done challenges indoor.

Also if it’s indoor and full size it could be rented out to other teams etc.
    It's not great. It was a barn that was converted with a synthetic pitch and impact boards and not much more. The lighting is poor. Us two and our mates would probably have a decent game of 5s or 6s on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    I know all that. He scored bucket loads for the Hibs Development side didn't he?
    He played a few months in the development team before making his first team debut,prior to that he had absolutely no involvement with our youth setup. It would be stretching it to say he was a product of our youth system.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    He played a few months in the development team before making his first team debut,prior to that he had absolutely no involvement with our youth setup. It would be stretching it to say he was a product of our youth system.
    But could he have came into our first team straight from HV? Or did he come on leaps and bounds in the period was here? I don’t know the answer btw.

Agreed. But I'm happy stretching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Agreed. But I'm happy stretching it.

Youth product or not, it can certainly be argued that he improved as a player here, and that improvement subsequently led to him being sold for a significant sum., after achieving success with Hibs.

my tuppence worth, I’m content to let the club, led by LD, to make the decision towards what we use funds on.

if we plough all the money into the squad, what happens if we take a downturn in fortune and then need to fund upgrades to infrastructure, when we don’t necessarily have the relative luxury of multiple million £’s coming in for a single player sale?

Also, as to the argument about whether EM has served its purpose, it’s not there just to produce young up-and-coming players, it’s there to help develop first team players’ abilities also. I think it’s also fair to ask, does anyone think the likes of SJM, McGeouch, Rocky, SDG, Stubbs, Lennon, etc, would have still come to Hibs if we were still training on public parks covered in dog ****?

We’re a very professionally run club, which in part entails maintaining and enhancing infrastructure, which also helps and encourages the staff. For example, my work has in the last couple of years installed a gym onsite, there was no need or requirement to, but how much more motivated and valued do the staff feel, and how much of an attraction is it having a gym in a handy location at little personal cost to the staff? Happy and valued staff means better performing staff. As has been said on this thread already, if the players and coaching staff want this, and we have the financial wherewithal to do it, as well as the project brave implications, then it seems to be an ideal time to do it.
    Last edited by McD; 15-07-2018 at 01:33 PM.

The indoor facility is a requirement of Project Brave Elite Status, and by achieving that we’ll get more funding from the SFA through the new structure. How much that is I’m not sure, but I believe it’s a fairly substantial sum each year.

Hibs target is to produce one player each year who can move into the first team squad and regularly make the match day squad - if that player then goes on to be transferred elsewhere for money then that’s a bonus. We’ve got Oli Shaw there now, and Ryan Porteous and Fraser Murray on the cusp of it which is not a bad return since George Craig came in.

The indoor pitch will make a return for the club IMO, not necessarily in direct pound notes but as others have already said the ability to use an indoor facility that we own in winter will make a huge difference - not only to the first team but to all groups at all ages in their development, which can only be a good think in the short and long term.

i know we like to laugh about how every signing at one point used to be pressganged into saying how wonderful East Mains is, but don’t underestimate how big a factor that is in players joining us. And a full sized indoor pitch will only add to that.

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Youth product or not, it can certainly be argued that he improved as a player here, and that improvement subsequently led to him being sold for a significant sum., after achieving success with Hibs.

my tuppence worth, I’m content to let the club, led by LD, to make the decision towards what we use funds on.

if we plough all the money into the squad, what happens if we take a downturn in fortune and then need to fund upgrades to infrastructure, when we don’t necessarily have the relative luxury of multiple million £’s coming in for a single player sale?

Also, as to the argument about whether EM has served its purpose, it’s not there just to produce young up-and-coming players, it’s there to help develop first team players’ abilities also. I think it’s also fair to ask, does anyone think the likes of SJM, McGeouch, Rocky, SDG, Stubbs, Lennon, etc, would have still come to Hibs if we were still training on public parks covered in dog ****?

We’re a very professionally run club, which in part entails maintaining and enhancing infrastructure, which also helps and encourages the staff. For example, my work has in the last couple of years installed a gym onsite, there was no need or requirement to, but how much more motivated and valued do the staff feel, and how much of an attraction is it having a gym in a handy location at little personal cost to the staff? Happy and valued staff means better performing staff. As has been said on this thread already, if the players and coaching staff want this, and we have the financial wherewithal to do it, as well as the project brave implications, then it seems to be an ideal time to do it.

Agreed although it could add strength to the argument in that he re-started his life as a pro footballer with Hibs, leaving the full time non-footballing employment he had elsewhere..

On topic the club will certainly know better than any of us. And you are 100% about the training in dug *****.