hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes 5th, I knew they were doing fairly well, I'm only going by what I've seen re championship matches this season, not as good as you'd think IMO.

and now 3rd with a performance tonight against derby that real madrid and barcelona combined couldn't have lived with :)

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    and now 3rd with a performance tonight against derby that real madrid and barcelona combined couldn't have lived with :)
    I've only seen Leeds once this season and it was last week's cup game, I thought they were average, any other championship games I've seen I thought were OK but not great, maybe just watched the wrong games :)

I've only seen Leeds once this season and it was last week's cup game, I thought they were average, any other championship games I've seen I thought were OK but not great, maybe just watched the wrong games :)
    Nah, I suppose you could say the guy is just getting a bit Leeds United! :-)

Coaching Staff
    Other than Derek, I can't recall a player in recent times as prolific and as good outside or inside the box - we'd be crazy, crazy to sell him before promotion - and he'll get us promoted.

The boy scores tap ins, headers, long range strikes, '1 on 1s', free kicks - he's nowhere near as technically gifted as Derek but tell you what, he's as priceless to our team.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Other than Derek, I can't recall a player in recent times as prolific and as good outside or inside the box - we'd be crazy, crazy to sell him before promotion - and he'll get us promoted.

The boy scores tap ins, headers, long range strikes, '1 on 1s', free kicks - he's nowhere near as technically gifted as Derek but tell you what, he's as priceless to our team.
    Couldn't agree more.

I like Cummings but also happy to be critical of him - he was correctly dropped imo and I thought bringing Boyle in worked.
    Seems to have done him good and now he's back in the team up front - again rightly - and we have two players who both look like an asset to the team.

Fair play to Lennon - I think that's good management.

As far as selling him goes it has to be a no at the moment surely?
    Any transfer in is a risk of not scoring goals or taking time to get up to speed and is likely to cost more than they should with it being January and us having a big transfer fee in our pocket.

Also, money in the bank isn't likely to score us many goals on matchday.

One thing we have to be better at is selling early in a window if we're going to sell or at least ensuring we've lined up all the targets in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    QPR manager says they have to bring players in on loan, can't afford to buy. Obviously as Lennon says " no bids"
    My friend who supports them says QPR are selling everyone they can which includes their best player!! He views someone like JC as a "free option" as downside on selling him if it doesn't work out is "dwarfed" by the upside if they get get lucky (like Southampton have been with Van Dijk).

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post

He's taken a lot of flak, much of it justified. I think he got a bit carried away with his success with Mowbray and when things got a bit edgy after Collins, he started trying a bit too hard.

It's taken a while, but he's stopped the rot with LD, and whether admitted to or not, he will have had a big say in both Stubbs and Lennons appointments. I don't thinkmory he's ever sold the club short...or ever will.
    Sadly Rod's legacy will be as our least successful chairman of Gibson in living memory. His mismanagement took a top 4 SPL club into the second division for 3 seasons. My lowest point in 55 years of watching Hibs. It took a 8 month long, fan-led campaign and the threat of relegation before he finally agreed to recruit LD as chief executive.

Nothing against the guy personally. He bleeds green like other Hibees. But from the John Collins fiasco onwards through to relegation it was a long, slow, painful decline that he was simply clueless to arrest. We all lived through it and the fact that he still didn't have the honour to resign following that lengthy period of mismanagement I still personally find astonishing.

I have no doubt that LD won't sell. Fairly sure that he would have.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Sadly Rod's legacy will be as our least successful chairman of Gibson in living memory. His mismanagement took a top 4 SPL club into the second division for 3 seasons. My lowest point in 55 years of watching Hibs. It took a 8 month long, fan-led campaign and the threat of relegation before he finally agreed to recruit LD as chief executive.

Nothing against the guy personally. He bleeds green like other Hibees. But from the John Collins fiasco onwards through to relegation it was a long, slow, painful decline that he was simply clueless to arrest. We all lived through it and the fact that he still didn't have the honour to resign following that lengthy period of mismanagement I still personally find astonishing.

Couldn't agree more but I think STF sees something in him.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    Couldn't agree more but I think STF sees something in him.
    STF trusts him, simple as that.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

that's the reason i very seldom watch EPL games, championship games just seem to have a little more excitement i think

Testimonial Due

We also won the League Cup and the Scottish Cup during his time as chairman.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    We also have a training facility and stadium that is superior to all except Celtic.
    The difficult part is done now with the set up in place.

His biggest mistake was hiring Butcher, who most Hibs fans were shouting for at the time.

Blog Entries

I'm no fan of RP's but you can't have it both ways. If he was responsible for our relegation then he was also responsible for our previous promotion & our 2 cup wins, along with us being a top 4 SPL club. And along the way we built 4 new stands & a training complex. His record of appointing managers is poor but FWIW I thought nearly all were excellent appointments at the time. For my sins I thought TB was a great appointment!!
    Last edited by brog; 15-01-2017 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    If true I reckon Cummings would jump at the chance.

QPR is about the best club he could possibly hope for as they are a fairly big club playing in London's West End with an absolutely minted owner so you'd imagine the wages will be very decent.

If it's true I reckon Jason will want away , just hope that it's not until the end of the season.

edit - Just noticed that website says the rumour was started by the Daily Record which means it's *****.
    Not quite the West End but I love the idea that it might be

Quote Originally Posted by West lower View Post
    We also have a training facility and stadium that is superior to all except Celtic.

His biggest mistake was hiring Butcher, who most Hibs fans were shouting for at the time.
    Yup. The fans were calling for Butcher. Petrie delivered what the fans wanted and it was a disaster

Quote Originally Posted by West lower View Post

I was so happy when we signed him, horrible moment when it popped up along with the pictures I uploaded on the facebook memories thing.

*shudder*

Blog Entries
    QPR have £1.3m bid for Rotherham striker Danny Ward rejected!

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    And built the training ground and redeveloped Easter road.

Hardly a complete failure

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I'm no fan of RP's but you can't have it both ways. If he was responsible for our relegation then he was also responsible for our previous promotion & our 2 cup wins, along with us being a top 4 SPL club. And along the way we built 4 new stands & a training complex. His record of appointing managers is poor but FWIW I thought nearly all were excellent appointments at the time. For my sins I thought TB was a great appointment!!
    Exactly. At the time I was well chuffed we got butcher, and Hughes, and mixu, and Collins. OK the guy has his faults but he doesnt have a crystal ball.

Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    Exactly. At the time I was well chuffed we got butcher, and Hughes, and mixu, and Collins. OK the guy has his faults but he doesnt have a crystal ball.
    Like a lot of us I thought they were all great choices.

Thread has been hijacked severely. I blame Petrie and this time I'm not joking.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    QPR have £1.3m bid for Rotherham striker Danny Ward rejected!
    Who the f#ck is Danny Ward? The answer is 37 goals in 231 games...