hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Attendance

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Just seen that Hull V Swansea, FA cup had 6500 today.

Yes, 6500 !!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just seen that Hull V Swansea, FA cup had 6500 today.

Yes, 6500 !!
    In fairness, I think Hull fans were staging a stay away type protest due to the way the club is being run........

@hibs.net private member
    I know Hibs have the early bird scheme for season ticket holders but we should be trying to sell season tickets now, for next season.

Maybe offering new season ticket holders something in return for early sign up and season ticket holders who renew maybe something too. Don't ask me what as I don't know but we should be milking this feel good factor for all its worth to get as many season ticket holders as possible for next season.

And for the pessimist yes we don't know what league we will be in but we can obviously do something that will make fans want to be part of this new adventure in out history.

GGTTH

Young Arab fan told me earlier that he'd never heard such loud fans as ours on Friday

He was astonished at the response to SJM coming on also

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IWasThere2016 View Post
    Young Arab fan told me earlier that he'd never heard such loud fans as ours on Friday

He was astonished at the response to SJM coming on also
    The roar when he scored was incredible. You would have thought it was the winning goal in the 92nd minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    The roar when he scored was incredible. You would have thought it was the winning goal in the 92nd minute.
    Like this one you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Like this one you mean?

Aw man, still get goose bumps.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    I know Hibs have the early bird scheme for season ticket holders but we should be trying to sell season tickets now, for next season.

Maybe offering new season ticket holders something in return for early sign up and season ticket holders who renew maybe something too. Don't ask me what as I don't know but we should be milking this feel good factor for all its worth to get as many season ticket holders as possible for next season.

And for the pessimist yes we don't know what league we will be in but we can obviously do something that will make fans want to be part of this new adventure in out history.

GGTTH
    Doesn't matter what league we are in, we are currently one of the most expensive teams to follow at home.

Just noticed we were c500 short of the biggest spfl attendance all season, outside of Glasgow.

(19263, Dons V The Rangers, sept 16)

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinho View Post
    Just noticed we were c500 short of the biggest spfl attendance all season, outside of Glasgow.

Hopefully we will beat that figure soon.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Hopefully we will beat that figure soon.
    If we had been able to get in the south stand we would've.

Quote Originally Posted by Earlydelivery View Post
    If we had been able to get in the south stand we would've.
    No feedback from the club on how it was handled and what would happen should a similar situation arise?

GGTTH
    I'd be tempted to offer any new ST holders get into the remaining fixtures for this season. Any existing ST holders get a voucher or similar to Facebook he club shop.

Wouldn't be the most popular idea, but the more Hibs fans in the ground the better!!

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    No feedback from the club on how it was handled and what would happen should a similar situation arise?
    Are you expecting Hibs to make an announcement on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Are you expecting Hibs to make an announcement on this?
    Not expecting but either hoping some official clarification or unofficial feedback........for many including myself i would have liked the extra seats to go to Hibs and have the south split and potentially have had a bigger crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinho View Post

So I presume that this was the highest attended game without either side of the OF in many a year??

@hibs.net private member

GGTTH
    Think March/April is early enough. Already paying one direct debit. Next will just follow on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dibben View Post
    So I presume that this was the highest attended game without either side of the OF in many a year??
    quite possibly outwith Hibs v Hearts - and in the championship too. Probably unlikely to be beaten in the championship for the foreseeable future as Aiden Smith articulated in his Scotsman article.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    Not expecting but either hoping some official clarification or unofficial feedback........for many including myself i would have liked the extra seats to go to Hibs and have the south split and potentially have had a bigger crowd
    There were plenty empty seats in the East & FF so I don't see the need to keep banging on about opening up the South for us.

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    There were plenty empty seats in the East & FF so I don't see the need to keep banging on about opening up the South for us.
    oK. I respect your opinion but I must say a little surprised. I guess all Im saying is lets make sure we maximize hibs supporters at games in the future if there is a way to do that. Seems to be two schools of thought on this one.

@hibs.net private member
    I know folk have said ( in reply to my getting season tickets now for next season) that it's in some cases do able in other cases folk are still paying DD for this season. All I was trying to do is milk the feel good factor at the moment.

The more we sell at present the more that folk undecided want to come to the games. Let's just make sure we make ER next season our out and out highest season ticket sales and see where it takes us.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    A few, yes, but plenty, absolutely not.

Last 3 home games of season..

Queen of the South
    Raith
    St Mirren (currently bottom - may be relegated - hopefully so nothing to play for)

If we had a chance to win league by then I could easily see the stadium full of Hibs fans and a low amount of away fans.

Would love to break the 20,000 mark this season. That should be the Hibs marketing for the run in if we are still top..

First Team Breakthrough
    There were lots of information given prior to the Utd game to season tickets holders that could not attend, to contact the ticket office and release their seats.
    I was in the FF upper and there 2 vacant seats beside me. The club need to directly make aware to all season ticket holders, that if they cannot attend any game, that they contact the office ASAP to release the seats.
    This is defo needed for season tickets holders that don't monitor threads on .net leading upto and on the day of the game.
    Last edited by Gogs07; 08-01-2017 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Its only been an agreement between hibs and hearts in previous seasons, im not sure it'd be the same next year. Hearts have ST holders in the roseburn now so nobody can be given the full roseburn in the league. The reason we got it last year was that it was the cup game and so their STs weren't valid and the clubs came to the agreement to give hibs the full roseburn. If we arent given the full roseburn next season they shouldnt be given the full south stand IMO.
    fully agree. you are correct

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Regarding Hibs Hearts games, Personally I would rather both clubs give an entire end to visiting fans, given the choice, than just say half an end. Makes the atmosphere much better IMO. Many derbies in England have been ruined atmosphere wise due to restricting away team numbers, hope we dont follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    It will be interesting, however, to see if the crowds are as good when we do go up (and I'm not yet assuming that's this season). IMO this season's excellent attendances are largely due to a) the feelgood factor post May 21st, b) every game being a meaningful one and c) watching a winning side, albeit in a lower division. Would attendances be as good if we're mid-table in the Premiership? It's an open question; I really don't know.
    ok,so what would you expect if we do get promoted as winners? a half empty stadium for the first match at ER? no feel good factor if we go up that way? c'mon be real. add in the fact that we'd be playing 6 definite (or add in A/deen) say 8 , seriously noisy games at ER next season if we do go up.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    A few, yes, but plenty, absolutely not.
    Not thousands no but there were certainly quite a few wee pockets of empty seats. There was a fairly big empty block quite high up in the East sort of in line with the penalty spot at the FF end.

Agreed, not aware of anyone who could have attended missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Regarding Hibs Hearts games, Personally I would rather both clubs give an entire end to visiting fans, given the choice, than just say half an end. Makes the atmosphere much better IMO. Many derbies in England have been ruined atmosphere wise due to restricting away team numbers, hope we dont follow suit.
    Depends on how Hearts treat us on our next visit to play them at Tynecastle.

If they give us the full Roseburn, they get the full South stand at ER.

If not then we should be looking at restricting their numbers if we have enough demand from Hibs fans.