hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Looking at the table, we have the second least number losses behind Celtic and the third highest number of draws. If only we’d have converted just less than half of those draws into wins, we’d be a point ahead of The Rangers in second with a game in hand.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    We're not going to win all our remaining games.

St Johnstone next week will be another real test because they've started to find some form

It would be goid for us if Celtic have already won the league when we play them otherwise it'll be very difficult to get the points.

Hearts at tiny is a tough game too although if we beat them there it would put the icing on a very good season.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're not going to win all our remaining games.

St Johnstone next week will be another real test because they've started to find some form

It would be goid for us if Celtic have already won the league when we play them otherwise it'll be very difficult to get the points.

Hearts at tiny is a tough game too although if we beat them there it would put the icing on a very good season.
    We won't be playing Hearts again this season I think.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Looking at the table, we have the second least number losses behind Celtic and the third highest number of draws. If only we’d have converted just less than half of those draws into wins, we’d be a point ahead of The Rangers in second with a game in hand.
    Yep.

And if Ross County had won all their games, they'd be top.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    We will. Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Considering Motherwell's remaining fixtures, I just don't see them overtaking Hearts. They had a huge chance yesterday against Hamilton and blew it.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    We will. Definitely.
    Definitely maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    Definitely maybe
    Mibbes aye.

Can anyone me how many points Aberdeen were in front of us earlier in the season I thought it was 12/15 points at 1 point?

I'm happy with 4th, Would be over the moon with 3rd and 2nd would be an unbelievable achievement. If we go into the split 2 behind Aberdeen 4 Behind Rangers giving us a chance I would be happy, Its been a great season Trip to Hampden The gap between us and hearts and top it off with a European place will be great. We just keep getting better and better

Would have taken 4th at the start of the season, but to be within a few points of The Cheating Huns and Dons at this stage is an outstanding effort by Hibs. Getting into Europe would exceed expectations.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Aberdeen honk and have been punching above their weight for long enough I'm confident we will catch them. Watching them turn on Derek McHunnis has been great entertainment.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Considering Motherwell's remaining fixtures, I just don't see them overtaking Hearts. They had a huge chance yesterday against Hamilton and blew it.
    St Johnstone are still capable of catching them too.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    St Johnstone are still capable of catching them too.
    But they will have to beat us Bingo, and we certainly don’t want that

Would be nice to see Partick beat Hearts in Saturday, nothing to do with top 6, just be nice to see their fans imploding if this happened😎

It's been a while since we won at Tynecastle so I'd love to see us do that after the split.

I think finishing 3rd is possible but 2nd is probably a bit too much to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    It's been a while since we won at Tynecastle so I'd love to see us do that after the split.

If we win on Friday we have a chance. 4 points behind plus they'll hopefully be putting all their focus into their cup semi now that the title is all but over.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    We are the more likely of the 2 to finish 3rd in my eyes. If you consider our upcoming fixtures, plus the standard of our performances versus the top tier of teams, it would be slightly disappointing not to finish above Aberdeen.

Really looking forward to another European tie. This might seem like unjustified confidence based on our, and other Scottish teams’, recent European history, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see us picking up a couple of wins. Even against Brondby, when Lennon had only been here a short time, we impressed and were unlucky to go out. With his style of management, and with it being his Hibs side now, I’m definitely excited. Maybe getting a bit ahead of myself though.

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    We are the more likely of the 2 to finish 3rd in my eyes. If you consider our upcoming fixtures, plus the standard of our performances versus the top tier of teams, it would be slightly disappointing not to finish above Aberdeen.

Really looking forward to another European tie. This might seem like unjustified confidence based on our, and other Scottish teams’, recent European history, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see us picking up a couple of wins. Even against Brondby, when Lennon had only been here a short time, we impressed and were unlucky to go out. With his style of management, and with it being his Hibs side now, I’m definitely excited. Maybe getting a bit ahead of myself though.
    I think you’re probably right in getting ahead of yourself... We have no idea what the team will look like next season. Both our strikers are on loan, so is Barker, and there are questions surrounding McGinn, McGeouch and Scott Allan. Definitely optimistic about us finishing strongly at the end of this season, but there might be some rebuilding to do in the summer. Unfortunately, the July start in Europe will probably be too early to get up to speed and do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    It’s a cliché but we really need to just take one game at a time and try to play to the best of our abilities. Every game will be difficult as teams are starting to fight against relegation and have their own targets.

Whilst aiming to get more points than Aberdeen we need to keep our feet on the ground and a watchful eye on the resurgent Kilmarnock.
    Exactly. One game at a time, no matter who, starting on Friday. Over the piece, our form and points gained v. top six has been VG. It's the points dropped v. bottom six teams which sees us currently 4th instead of 2nd where we should be.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Thought the Kilmarnock Aberdeen game tonight in the cup would have been on the box. As thought the rule about not clashing with the champions league had changed. I see Brentford are playing Cardiff on Sky.

Hope Aberdeen win to make 4th place more likely to get europe through cup. I see Killie are at Ibrox at the weekend so 3 points Friday would put us in a very good position. Think Saints will be tougher than they were against Rangers a few weeks back especially after gubbing Dundee away 4 0.

I think we will finish above Aberdeen now. Huns will likely be second but it’s not done yet.

Certainly all to play for and we are a team in form. Bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Thought the Kilmarnock Aberdeen game tonight in the cup would have been on the box. As thought the rule about not clashing with the champions league had changed. I see Brentford are playing Cardiff on Sky.

Hope Aberdeen win to make 4th place more likely to get europe through cup. I see Killie are at Ibrox at the weekend so 3 points Friday would put us in a very good position. Think Saints will be tougher than they were against Rangers a few weeks back especially after gubbing Dundee away 4 0.
    You're correct, it has. Not being shown for whatever reason, but Sky or the BBC would be within their rights to show it tonight.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    You're correct, it has. Not being shown for whatever reason, but Sky or the BBC would be within their rights to show it tonight.
    If rangers or Celtic had been playing, it would have been on
    Shame this one isn’t, would fancy watching this, rather than CL

Testimonial Due
    So if Aberdeen win tonight we just have to finish above Killie to get a European place?

No, we need them to beat Motherwell in the semi as well. I think we will finish above them in the league anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor refereeing decisions and throwing away 2 goal leads have cost us second place

Quote Originally Posted by cam75 View Post
    Can anyone me how many points Aberdeen were in front of us earlier in the season I thought it was 12/15 points at 1 point?
    Biggest gap was 10, but it was 8 only three games back

Quote Originally Posted by SJNB Hibby View Post
    Biggest gap was 10, but it was 8 only three games back
    Cheers 💚

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

Eh?

Our 4 games pre-split are St Johnstone (A), Thistle (H), Accies (H), Ross County (A). All winnable albeit St Johnstone seem to have finally got their act together.

The New Huns have Killie (H), Well (A), Dundee (H). I could see them dropping points in the first 2.

They are favourites, but if we get to the split 4 points behind them and beat them it's very much game on.

@JeMeSouviens

My thoughts exactly, Even if we don't make up ground before the split on Aberdeen or Rangers, Although disappointing it would be considering our run in and both theirs i would be more than happy going into split the way things stands and puts us right in the mix the race for 2nd and 3rd will be quite an entertaining one