hibs.net Messageboard

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!

Maclaren's plans for after the season?

As far as I can see, the consensus on here seems to be that he will pretty much definitely be going back to Germany. Did he say that or is that just what people think will happen? He's not had a huge amount of game time to judge him fully on but I like what I see so far and him and Kamberi are looking decent together, I'm definitely open to him staying if he's keen. Thoughts so far?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As far as I can see, the consensus on here seems to be that he will pretty much definitely be going back to Germany. Did he say that or is that just what people think will happen? He's not had a huge amount of game time to judge him fully on but I like what I see so far and him and Kamberi are looking decent together, I'm definitely open to him staying if he's keen. Thoughts so far?
    For me too early to decide. Think he’s got another year left at his club
    I’m sure NL will have a chat with him near the end of the season, as we’ll be staring to plan for next season

Apparently his German coach didn't want him to come on loan to us, or anyone, but he'd made his mind up due to lack of 1st team action and an eye on the world cup.

So not likely, but you never know. Him doing well at WC should he make it would probably rule it completely out.

Sure he's got another 2yrs left on his deal with them too..

Quote Originally Posted by RoscoHibby View Post
    Apparently his German coach didn't want him to come on loan to us, or anyone, but he'd made his mind up due to lack of 1st team action and an eye on the world cup.

So not likely, but you never know. Him doing well at WC should he make it would probably rule it completely out.

They’ve got France, Denmark and Peru in their section
    Soceroos will be lucky to get a goal, never mind a point

Left by mutual consent!
    He’s on very good wages. If anything he will be sold on probably down South. His missus doesn’t like Germany much because of the language and they know nobody.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    I think he needs to offer a bit more before I’d be happy for him to stay. Really liking the look of Kamberi. If we finish 3rd and sell a load of season tickets again then hopefully we’ll be able to bring in a real quality striker.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    They’ve got France, Denmark and Peru in their section
    Soceroos will be lucky to get a goal, never mind a point
    The socceroos will beat Peru and might well take a point from Denmark. That might just be enough to get through their group.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post

The German 2nd Div is akin to the English Championship, the wages will be comparable and I'd think he'd be on a decent wedge ( £ 8-14K ), he only signed for his team at the beginning of the season, the one thing going for us is they're sitting second bottom of Bundesliga 2, if they get relegated we might have a chance, it depends on his ambition.

I am in the minority and think MacLaren is a better player than Kamberi.
    Makes clever runs and is a predator. I think he is now up to full MATCH fitness after a slow start.

Quote Originally Posted by RoscoHibby View Post

IF they didnt want him to go on loan they wouldn't have let him.
    FWIW I'd love to keep him

@hibs.net private member
    A lot will depend on Darmstadt, they’re toiling just now and if they get back to back relegations then they will have to release players so we may well have a chance. I like him and would be happy to keep him and Kamberi as they seem to be a decent partnership.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Makes clever runs and is a predator. I think he is now up to full MATCH fitness after a slow start.
    I think he looks very good as well. His movement is great and he looks like he will score a lot of goals for us. I like the look of Kamberri as well and we have an option to keep him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I think he looks very good as well. His movement is great and he looks like he will score a lot of goals for us. I like the look of Kamberri as well and we have an option to keep him.

I think we’ll keep Kamberi and get him signed long term. I like MacLaren as well but don’t think we can afford him. Be great to keep both as they work very well together. Kamberi like it here as well.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    If MacLaren makes the World Cup squad & plays well then I doubt we’ll have any chance of keeping him unfortunately.

I do hope we sign Kamberi permanently though, I’ve been very impressed with him.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

@hibs.net private member
    The start of his Hibs career he has been a predator without teeth. He has been in the right place countless times but snatched at chances. The Hearts game he had two very tricky chances - scored one and forced a fantastic save. I get the feeling he will finish the season well and be out of our price range.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee16 View Post
    He’s on very good wages. If anything he will be sold on probably down South. His missus doesn’t like Germany much because of the language and they know nobody.
    Hopefully she loves Edinburgh & wants stay

Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    Hopefully she loves Edinburgh & wants stay

Happened with Rocky's wife

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee16 View Post
    The language? The Germans speak better English than most Brits!
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    https://www.globalsportssalaries.com/GSSS%202016.pdf

This document suggests that Darmstadt's average wage in 2016, while they were in Budesliga, was about £6k a week, they have since been relegated probably impacting on how much they pay and MacLaren was signed after relegation.

At Brisbane roar MacLaren was probably earning about £3k or £4k a week max.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    His natural poaching was evident for Scott’s goal. He was the only one that really followed the shot through, in case there were any spillages.

Think he’ll score another 7 goals for us.

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    https://www.globalsportssalaries.com/GSSS%202016.pdf

This document suggests that Darmstadt's average wage in 2016, while they were in Budesliga, was about £6k a week, they have since been relegated probably impacting on how much they pay and MacLaren was signed after relegation.

At Brisbane roar MacLaren was probably earning about £3k or £4k a week max.
    Darmstadt have smaller crowds than us and are about to get relegated. It’s possible they will be happy for him to move on.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Darmstadt have smaller crowds than us and are about to get relegated. It’s possible they will be happy for him to move on.

He seems to be enjoying life at Hibs, he's getting into the Oz squad while with us and if his missus prefers Edinburgh to Germany that could be enough motivation for him to make the move permanent even if it isn't as financially rewarding as some other options.

I've been impressed with McLaren so far.

I remember the criticism of Cummings being that if he wasn't scoring he wasn't contributing.

Kamberi and McLaren don't need to score to make massive contributions.

Our current front 2 contribute a lot more than just goals, and as a result we're starting to see a few more goals from elsewhere.

I really like this team. It would be amazing if somehow Neil Lennon could talk them all into staying for just one more year, because I reckon they could achieve something really special together.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

I remember the criticism of Cummings being that if he wasn't scoring he wasn't contributing.

Our current front 2 contribute a lot more than just goals, and as a result we're starting to see a few more goals from elsewhere.

I really like this team. It would be amazing if somehow Neil Lennon could talk them all into staying for just one more year, because I reckon they could achieve something really special together.
    I wasn’t knocking him in my earlier post, just need to see more of him before I know if he can do it for a season
    Can’t fault his work rate, and he gets into the box all the time
    Lot will depend on what NL’s plans are for the likes of Shaw and Murray, but would be nice to have some stability going into next season

With you brother 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Completely agree.

If you look at this season and think about the daft points we've shipped -
    Hamilton loss at ER in August
    Shipping 2 goal leads against Motherwell and Killie
    The Shaw goal against the Yams
    Outplaying sevco at ER

Now I know other clubs will point out where they've slipped up and we've probably got away with a few ourselves but that's 13 points we posibly should have had. Which would leave us 3 points off the top of the table.

Keep that team together and add some depth and things could get very, very good.

Would take a bit of a miracle sadly but you can always dream ;)

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar

[QUOTE=Thecat23;5341657]I think we’ll keep Kamberi and get him signed long term. I like MacLaren as well but don’t think we can afford him. Be great to keep both as they work very well together. Kamberi like it here as well.[/QUOTE. Two excellent different style strikers! Midfield as good as Scotland has to offer! I would love if all signed but SJM deserves his move. Money in like for like, & retain 3/4 from midfield/forwards & I’m liking that.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    The language? The Germans speak better English than most Brits!
    Depends which part.

I personally know one Aussie player, who despite having a German mother and father struggled with language in Dresden, before eventually moving to England.

Coaching Staff
    Darmstadt will be toiling if relegatedto the r third teir, but I know from reports here that Jamie is on excellent money there.

If he stars in the World Cup, then I’m sure there will be offers for him at a higher level, if he doesn’t and the Oz campaign fizzles or he isn’t selected to go, then it really depends on his club, as to what happens.

I could be very wrong...but I don’t see him being at Hibs next season.....his club are not going to give him away, but time will tell.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Depends which part.

I personally know one Aussie player, who despite having a German mother and father struggled with language in Dresden, before eventually moving to England.
    I Usually try to guard against sweeping generalisations ;)
    Was going to qualify it with apart from perhaps cities in the East but given its Darmstadt and it's where the European Space Agency is (almost worked there) I reckoned there to be good English speaking population. Austria similar we'd have our school exchange where the kids would all come over and correct our English grammar ;)

I worked with a guy from Dresden (he'd be around 40 now) he always seemed to shy away where he was from in Germany. of course the bombing of Dresden wasn't our finest hour and although we move on it's not that long ago. I think if probably wanted to spare himself the stuff he'd heard a 100 times.
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 12-03-2018 at 11:23 PM.