hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Niall McGinn

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You really don't like Barker do you? You find it really difficult to say anything complimentary about him at all. Shame, I think he's an exciting player to watch but each to his own.
    I have nothing against him, I just don't see what he offers and why he is getting so many appearances. He doesn't score, rarely assists, never runs in behind, doesn't link up with Lewis much offensively or defensively. Boyle is twice the player IMO.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I have nothing against him, I just don't see what he offers and why he is getting so many appearances. He doesn't score, rarely assists, never runs in behind, doesn't link up with Lewis much offensively or defensively. Boyle is twice the player IMO.
    You not watch the game against rangers? He did everything but score. I don’t want him ‘linking up with lewis’ I want lewis to stay well out the way and not overload his area leaving him one on one with the right back where he can either outrun him or skin him like Tavernier.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Its taken a while for the supporters to warm to Boyle, Barker has shown recently very good glimpses of what he can do.

Personally i think Barker will contribute a lot in the 2nd part of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    You not watch the game against rangers? He did everything but score.
    That's kind of the problem with him though - not much in the way of end product.

I think there is a player in there but it's extremely frustrating when he doesn't really have much to show for the good things he does.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    That's kind of the problem with him though - not much in the way of end product.

I think there is a player in there but it's extremely frustrating when he doesn't really have much to show for the good things he does.
    He was very unfortunate not to score against the rangers, each post and a foot above the crossbar.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

I agree completely with your last paragraph. If he was a permanent Hibs player I'd feel differently as we'd get the benefits of his ongoing development.

My concern with the him is that he's still too raw and if/when he matures he'll be ping fine from ER.

I only want loan players at Hibs if he are ready for the first team and can produce on regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    You not watch the game against rangers? He did everything but score. I don’t want him ‘linking up with lewis’ I want lewis to stay well out the way and not overload his area leaving him one on one with the right back where he can either outrun him or skin him like Tavernier.
    I was at the game against Rangers, sure he played well. What about all the others game in which he has offered very little? How can Lewis stay out the way when Barker stands on the halfway line waiting for a ball to feet instead of running in behind?

Barker played a big part in the Derby win (the 1st of 4 wins in a row), he had a good game and got the assist for Murray's goal.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Barker played a big part in the Derby win (the 1st of 4 wins in a row), he had a good game and got the assist for Murray's goal.
    So that's 2, both if which I agree with. Otherwise he has been pretty poor IMO. He was poor in the other 3 of those wins.

We're all entitled to our opinions but I'm pretty sure opposition managers are not as relaxed as you are about the threat Barker poses. There have been quite a few games this year where I've thought he's been our major attacking threat - until the opposition start doubling up on him. That ought to give us opportunities elsewhere though.

Martin Boyle has many qualities and his pace is helpful but I've yet to see an opposing team double up on him.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post
    We're all entitled to our opinions but I'm pretty sure opposition managers are not as relaxed as you are about the threat Barker poses. There have been quite a few games this year where I've thought he's been our major attacking threat - until the opposition start doubling up on him. That ought to give us opportunities elsewhere though.

Martin Boyle has many qualities and his pace is helpful but I've yet to see an opposing team double up on him.
    ... and Aberdeen realised this on Saturday, when they pressed really quickly and got tight on Barker & Boyle particularly as soon as they got in possession anywhere across the half way line. That and their general pressing on all our midfielders, and our lack of any quality on the ball (and some terrible individual mistakes) led to our demise last Saturday.

So, in summary, the Dons sussed out Barker & Boyle are our real danger men, and did something about it. Very effectively.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    So that's 2, both if which I agree with. Otherwise he has been pretty poor IMO. He was poor in the other 3 of those wins.
    Set up the goal at Hamilton with a great run. I like him and he has the beating of most full backs and personally dont think he or Boyle are helped by pretty average striker movement when they do put a cross in. His performance against Rangers was exceptional and hopefully more to come from him in the rest of the season.

@hibs.net private member TheGreenMan's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: N/A
    As predicted - signed for Aberdeen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42505019

Disappointed but not surprised

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMan View Post
    As predicted - signed for Aberdeen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42505019

Disappointed but not surprised
    Thats why they will remain second Its an indication of what can be achieved But yet they still can't win anything
    But staying second allows them to make the kind of signings that in this case we cant yet attract

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Not too bothered about McGinn. Must be off his head as far as I'm concerned being happy at being located in the Granite City rather than this beautiful city and joining the biggest club who boss the derbies and going for ten in a row. He'd rather settle for what he knows than a new challenge in a bigger more beautiful city. Good riddance.

@hibs.net private member
    Frustrating, would have been a very good signing for us.