hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Allan ?

Scott Allan ?

Dundee Utd & Hibs are keen to re-sign Scott Allan if he can negotiate his release from Celtic. Neilson (MKDons) & Cathro (Hearts) interested

https://twitter.com/hfctransfernews/...94379520:flag:

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby soldier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dundee Utd & Hibs are keen to re-sign Scott Allan if he can negotiate his release from Celtic. Neilson (MKDons) & Cathro (Hearts) interested

here we go again another SA thread starts.....

Yaasss!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    here we go again another SA thread starts.....
    Now that you bring it up does anyone think Deeks could still do a job for us?

@hibs.net private member BigKev's Avatar

That's the same twitter account that told folk QPR had bid a 7 figure sum for Cummings last week. They tweet pish. I wouldn't read anything into it.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar

I'd welcome a Hibs return for Scott Allan with less enthusiasm than us signing Rudi Skacel....
    At least Gonzo Skacel was paid by a rival team to try and screw us. That hun rat bassa Allan chose to do it. ****'im! He can rot as far as I care.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    I'd welcome a Hibs return for Scott Allan with less enthusiasm than us signing Rudi Skacel....
    At least Gonzo Skacel was paid by a rival team to try and screw us. That hun rat bassa Allan chose to do it. ****'im! He can rot as far as I care.
    I agree with you and tbf it's a natural reaction to how he rejected playing for us when we desperately required all of our players to be fully committed to helping us get promoted. He caused a glitch at a time of need.

I fully appreciate there is a division among us with those like me and brianmc who would be set against having him back if it was to happen and those of us who would welcome him back.

But in saying that if he was to return and play like he can and commit to us for the foreseeable future he could earn himself some respect back but cannot see it unfortunately.

Hey ho.

Glory Glory
    Last edited by northstandhibby; 18-01-2017 at 07:31 PM.

Imagine you played for a club but Hibs came along with an offer and you wanted to go... Would you not hand in a transfer request. I would take him back. We all welcomed deeks, murray and thomson back and its much less ridiculous than their moves!
    Last edited by Paloschi; 18-01-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KSA Hibee View Post
    Now that you bring it up does anyone think Deeks could still do a job for us?
    Yes.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Agreed, would rather sign Woody.

Testimonial Due
    Why don't they just call that page read it on .net news or spouting bollocks news.

Would love it to be true, however most likely isn't.

Can't see him signing for us or united after what's went on.

Would be a very good signing for Aberdeen and suprised he hasn't been mentioned

Fingers crossed!! Allan and Mcginn. Yes please.

Aaarrrggghhh!!!!!! Please make it stop!!!!

Coaching Staff
    My principles tell me he's not welcome back under any circumstances but he's a decent player. I've been known to change my principles when it suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Paloschi View Post
    Imagine you played for a club but Hibs came along with an offer and you wanted to go... Would you not hand in a transfer request. I would take him back. We all welcomed deeks, murray and thomson back and its much less ridiculous than their moves!
    We didn't all welcome Deeks, Murray and KT back at all!
    Riordan was most widely accepted back but IM and KT were very divisive figures. You just need to look back at some of the threads on here about them - or check out the embarrassing attendance at Murray's testimonial.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Allan is the best midfielder I've seen at Easter Road barring Brown. He can come back whenever he wants, don't care about his past behaviour.

After his petted behaviour,I wouldn't let him even sell programmes for us!

No thanks.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

Talk about covering the bases might as well have lobbed in the Dons as well...
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    My principles tell me he's not welcome back under any circumstances but he's a decent player. I've been known to change my principles when it suits.
    I'd take him.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Allan playing in the role Shinnie and then Commons played in would be good. I'm happy to back Lennon's judgement either way. This season is all about getting out of this league. If fans have to hold their noses if we sign Allan then they should. There are still Hibs fans with nothing positive to say about Lennon which shows you're never going to please everyone.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Can't see it happening either. but I'd love to see him back playing alongside John McGinn. Imo we've missed a player like him who can thread a pass through a packed defence.

One of the best players I've seen in a Hibs jersey in the past few years.

I have no time for how Allan acted in his final weeks at ER.

However what I ultimately care about most is Hibs getting back into the Premiership. If Neil Lennon feels Allan would improve our squad (and I'd struggle to argue Shinnie is a better option) then I'd be happy enough to see him back.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Breakthrough
    Re-sign him and give him the chance to dump on us from a great height again?

No thanks!

I'd take him back but would rather sign Liam Henderson if possible.

I don't want us to sign Scott Allan either but that's just taking things too far!

I despise Rudi Skacel with an absolute passion, I don't dislike any other football player as much as him.

We didn't all welcome Deeks, Murray and KT back at all!
    Riordan was most widely accepted back but IM and KT were very divisive figures. You just need to look back at some of the threads on here about them - or check out the embarrassing attendance at Murray's testimonial.
    Yep. Some of the posts regarding KT from prominent posters on here were disgraceful. A guy who cares hugely about our club. Murray was the same. Allan getting the same sort of vile stuff now. Things are not always black and white. Careers are short and influences are everywhere.
    I was disappointed when he left but he was a fantastic football player for us and that doesn't change just because his head was turned by his childhood team.
    Would love him back. Appreciate others have different views but I find some of the comments being made not really hibs class.

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    Do folk actually still believe anything that comes from that "HFC Transfer News"?

Total slaver. Just makes things up. Pretty sure it was him who started the term "breaking rumour"