hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

i love scottish football

if a scottish game was on sky sports 1 and a premiership game was on sky sports 2. am i the only one in scotland who would watch the scottish game?
    i love scottish football

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Yes. You are alone.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs2006 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if a scottish game was on sky sports 1 and a premiership game was on sky sports 2. am i the only one in scotland who would watch the scottish game?
    i love scottish football
    Most probably :
    Last edited by Richard Scott; 02-08-2009 at 05:02 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875-Sean-1875 View Post
    Yes. You are alone.
    why does every1 hate scottish football its much faster than premier ship

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    i love scottish football
    Nope mate, i'm with you! I hate the love-in that alot of people have with the English Premiership! Its so over rated its unreal! I support Scottish football, because im from Scotland!
    I dont even think our league is as bad as alot of folk make it out to be! Sure we may be going though a bad spell at the moment, but i dont think its half as bad as some make out! Theres been some cracking games last season and the seasons before! Keep in mind we live in a country which has a population of just over 5 Million, compaired to Englands 55 odd million. We do quite well IMO!

Mon the Scottish fitbaw!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HailHail1875 View Post
    Nope mate, i'm with you! I hate the love-in that alot of people have with the English Premiership! Its so over rated its unreal! I support Scottish football, because im from Scotland!
    I dont even think our league is as bad as alot of folk make it out to be! Sure we may be going though a bad spell at the moment, but i dont think its half as bad as some make out! Theres been some cracking games last season and the seasons before!

Mon the Scottish fitbaw!
    absolute legend mate

Quote Originally Posted by HailHail1875 View Post
    I dont even think our league is as bad as alot of folk make it out to be! Sure we may be going though a bad spell at the moment, but i dont think its half as bad as some make out! Theres been some cracking games last season and the seasons before! Keep in mind we live in a country which has a population of just over 5 Million, compaired to Englands 55 odd million. We do quite well IMO!

Mon the Scottish fitbaw!

i would watch a scottish game everytime.

Faxed Back to Kaunas

Being fast doesn't mean it's any good. I'd pick the Premiership game over the Scottish game every time except when Hibs are involved in the Scottish game. Even then, if you've ever watched a Hibs game on Setanta and flicked over to Sky to check the score in the English game the difference in quality and atmosphere is like night and day. I must admit I've sometimes given up on the Hibs game and stuck with the English match.

First Team Breakthrough BigBamba's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HIBEE09
    I Prefer to watch scottish football its alot more exciting IMO.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Ai but the premiership is full of higher quality players who personally i would rather watch than St Mirren v Hamilton for example...

First Team Breakthrough scottp1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee78
    i love scottish football
    depends on whos playing and not mentioning the big teams. cant say i would watch killie-accies over spurs-villa

The premiership has better football but watching it you always feel like you're watching a bunch of whores running about for a bunch of plastics transmitted to via the sky propaganda machine.

"SUPERDDOOPERCALIFRAGALISTIC SWOLLEN SMASHING SUNDAY" where liverpool and chelsea play out yet another nil nil draw...

The big 4 in particular are tarts who sell themselves at any opportunity for a quick buck.

Scottish football might be rank, but at least it's not divorced from reality. **** the premiership, they are welcome to it.

Scottish game for me every time.
    Not fussed about the plastic, progressively soulless EPL, or the starf***ers from outwith england who get all moist about it. It all just serves to demean out own game.

Suppose there will be plenty who would rather watch EPL than SPL, but how you could consider yourself a Hibs fan when you'd rather watch another match when there is a Hibs game on (no matter how bad) is beyond me.

First Team Breakthrough
    hm, depends how good a game it was... i watched aston villa v hull city last year and it was possibly one of the worst games i have ever seen. although i watched liverpool v chelsea at the end of last season and it was proably the best! there isnt too may outstading games in the spl to be honest!

actually i'd say spl coz i'm scottish n obv prefer it but there is some crackers in the premiership.
    Last edited by libernian; 02-08-2009 at 05:27 PM. Reason: mon the spl!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    the scottish game almost every time watched a total of TWO EPL games on setanta the whole of last season(relegation games at the end)

RIP setanta UK

i love scottish football
    I would too

@hibs.net private member Hibby_Paul's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tompo View Post
    The premiership has better football but watching it you always feel like you're watching a bunch of whores running about for a bunch of plastics transmitted to via the sky propaganda machine.

"SUPERDDOOPERCALIFRAGALISTIC SWOLLEN SMASHING SUNDAY" where liverpool and chelsea play out yet another nil nil draw...

The big 4 in particular are tarts who sell themselves at any opportunity for a quick buck.

Scottish football might be rank, but at least it's not divorced from reality. **** the premiership, they are welcome to it.
    Agree mate!

And the Champions League going that way too, same teams playing each other - which is usually Liverpool and Chelsea again!

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    i love scottish football
    I hate the fact that Edinburgh pubs have meaningless Premiership games on t.v. when their are Scottish ones on.

As a country, we are No1 at putting ourselves down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby_Paul View Post
    Agree mate!

And the Champions League going that way too, same teams playing each other - which is usually Liverpool and Chelsea again!
    Slags, the lot of them. Tarts.

In fact it's the champions league that's to blame for a lot of it. Like you say it's boring these days too. Bring back a knockout style european cup and solve all the problems.

@hibs.net private member Hibby_Paul's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In fact it's the champions league that's to blame for a lot of it. Like you say it's boring these days too. Bring back a knockout style european cup and solve all the problems.
    So does that rule out a live game to watch next time we visit ya in London!? Maybe we can make an exeption!

or maybe drop down a division or two instead!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

I love the Champions League - my only criticism is that it gets a little stale at times, but even then - the big European CL nights can be outstanding.

(would rather watch the Hibs, mind you.)
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    i love scottish football
    with you to an extent, I do like the premiership and enjoy match of the day on a saturday night, but I would always watch the SPL if picking between two live games. in scotland we talk up the EPL and talk down the SPL, some responsibility for this lies with the people on the inside, ie players/managers etc and the fact that they would all jump ship to England at the first opportunity.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyS View Post
    with you to an extent, I do like the premiership and enjoy match of the day on a saturday night, but I would always watch the SPL if picking between two live games. in scotland we talk up the EPL and talk down the SPL, some responsibility for this lies with the people on the inside, ie players/managers etc and the fact that they would all jump ship to England at the first opportunity.
    If it was a choice between watching Man U v Arsenal, or Hibs v anyone; I'd pick the Hibs game every time. If it was Man U V Arsenal or the OF derby, I'd watch the EPL game.

If it was something like Wigan v Fulham, or Dundee Utd v St Mirren, I'd probably not bother with either.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First Team Breakthrough RigRoars's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicky Ranks View Post
    Being fast doesn't mean it's any good. I'd pick the Premiership game over the Scottish game every time except when Hibs are involved in the Scottish game. Even then, if you've ever watched a Hibs game on Setanta and flicked over to Sky to check the score in the English game the difference in quality and atmosphere is like night and day. I must admit I've sometimes given up on the Hibs game and stuck with the English match.
    Blasphemy

I'll watch the EPL everytime unless its Hibs that are on.
    Last edited by RigRoars; 02-08-2009 at 07:39 PM. Reason: editing

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875-Sean-1875 View Post
    Ai but the premiership is full of higher quality players who personally i would rather watch than St Mirren v Hamilton for example...
    See though, thats the problem right there. If people would have a better attitude and watch more Scottish football, our league would generate more money, and teams would benefit from it, and then we would all be able to bring in better quality players.

Just as someone said earlier though, we're good at putting things down in this country, its in alot of Scottish peoples blood to do so.

Moan moan moan

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CENNYDD
    Quote Originally Posted by kano View Post
    i would watch a scottish game everytime.

Without a doubt

Depends whos playing. Hibs first and foremost, then Man U, then if there is something good/entertaining/important on.

I would rather watch Chelsea v Arsenal over Rangers v Celtic.

Rather watch Everton v Aston Villa over Hearts v Aberdeen

Prefer Middlesborough v West Brom v Hamilton v St Mirren

if you catch my drift. The games down south don't interest me more than SPL games, but would prefer to watch slightly better quality players.

TBH, I can't think of many SPL games ive ever watched all the way through that don't involve Hibs.

I would watch the SPL game unless it involved the OF against someone other than Hibs, when I'd read a book.

Depends who was playing.

Scottish game, i wouldnt have much interest in footie if DUFC went out of business and probabaly wouldnt watch any football except Scotland games

EPL doesnt interest me, for a start most of the time the games are rank, its unbelievably overrated, they are paying a lot of average players big bucks, dont understand the fascination, infact people who have english teams i feel a bit embarrassed for but each to their own.