hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Testimonial Due

Autism facilities at ER

I know a number of grounds now have a 'quiet' sensory space for fans with autism/Asperger's - does this include ER?

I've emailed the disabled Hibs fans group but haven't yet heard back from them - but I'm in Edinburgh the week of the 2nd Euro qualifying round and if we make it I'm thinking of taking my youngest who has Asperger's. Anyone know the answer?

Thanks.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know a number of grounds now have a 'quiet' sensory space for fans with autism/Asperger's - does this include ER?

I've emailed the disabled Hibs fans group but haven't yet heard back from them - but I'm in Edinburgh the week of the 2nd Euro qualifying round and if we make it I'm thinking of taking my youngest who has Asperger's. Anyone know the answer?

Thanks.
    As far as I’m aware, it’s something that’s in the works but isn’t in place just yet. @TamHibs would be the best man to answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TamHibs PSN ID: tamhibs22
    From my understanding, Hibs can't find a place for it inside the stadium which looks onto the pitch & Hibs don't want it turning into a creche type area for kids to be left whilst the parents go to watch the game.

Pretty poor from Hibs imo but what can you do

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Are the old hospitality boxes in the FF used for anything these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Galahibby View Post
    Are the old hospitality boxes in the FF used for anything these days?
    Good shout. This is something I’d expect hibs to be pursuing.

Young lad that sits in front of me with his parents has Aspergers, generally sits with headphones over his ears listening to music during the game as it shuts out the noise of the crowd, seems to work just fine but I understand there's various levels that need more than just headphones.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TamHibs View Post
    From my understanding, Hibs can't find a place for it inside the stadium which looks onto the pitch & Hibs don't want it turning into a creche type area for kids to be left whilst the parents go to watch the game.

I think the club are quite right. Parents expect someone at the club to look after their bairns whilst they watch the game?? Aye right then.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    I think the club are quite right. Parents expect someone at the club to look after their bairns whilst they watch the game?? Aye right then.
    Apologies if I missed it but where is it said that parents expect the club to watch the bairns whilst the parents watched the game ?

Gamer IDs

Clearly you know very little regarding a sensory room then. Nobody is asking Hibs to provide an area to leave their children to be looked after by someone else.

Fans with kids who have additional needs are looking for a sensory room to be installed so that their children can attend games & be able to see the game whilst not being overloaded with noise within the stadium, all in the presence of their parents. A sensory room is also to allow the child a safe haven to dull the noise if it gets too much for them whilst in their seat.

I for one am a parent of a child with Autism & all I want is to be able to take my son to the games and know that he doesn't have to be worried about sensory overload & that there is somewhere I can take him if it does get too much for him rather than "expecting someone at the club to look after my bairn"

Testimonial Due
    Clearly you know very little regarding a sensory room then. Nobody is asking Hibs to provide an area to leave their children to be looked after by someone else.

Fans with kids who have additional needs are looking for a sensory room to be installed so that their children can attend games & be able to see the game whilst not being overloaded with noise within the stadium, all in the presence of their parents. A sensory room is also to allow the child a safe haven to dull the noise if it gets too much for them whilst in their seat.

I for one am a parent of a child with Autism & all I want is to be able to take my son to the games and know that he doesn't have to be worried about sensory overload & that there is somewhere I can take him if it does get too much for him rather than "expecting someone at the club to look after my bairn"
    Thank you. Well said.

First Team Regular

You need to speak to Ann Brown at the club who is heading all this up. She's only in part time but she also runs an autism charity so she will be able to direct.

For anyone who does have an autistic child who's Interested in football Team Utd are a great charity and the programme has grown massively over the lothians in the past 12 months. I only know this as someone who works specifically with them to deliver to your local community.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JIm View Post
    You need to speak to Ann Brown at the club who is heading all this up. She's only in part time but she also runs an autism charity so she will be able to direct.

For anyone who does have an autistic child who's Interested in football Team Utd are a great charity and the programme has grown massively over the lothians in the past 12 months. I only know this as someone who works specifically with them to deliver to your local community.
    This is where the info re the sensory room & the fact there is nowhere for it to be placed came from at the open day a couple of weeks ago.

I will definitely have a look at Team Utd though, thanks for that

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    I’d be very much in favour of Hibs having an autism room developed at Easter Road.

In you’re earlier post you stated it was pretty poor from Hibs that they couldn’t find a place for in in the stadium at the present time. If it was up to you, where would you have the room?

First Team Regular
    This is where the info re the sensory room & the fact there is nowhere for it to be placed came from at the open day a couple of weeks ago.

I will definitely have a look at Team Utd though, thanks for that
    No probs. I don't know personally what's happening In terms of a sensory room but we regularly take the kids along to games and just sit in comfy seats in west. That being said it's all about individual as you know and most who attend seem to cope. Good luck.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I’d be very much in favour of Hibs having an autism room developed at Easter Road.

In you’re earlier post you stated it was pretty poor from Hibs that they couldn’t find a place for in in the stadium at the present time. If it was up to you, where would you have the room?
    As previously mentioned the old boxes in the FF, at least one could be used to be turned into a sensory room.

The East stand could also have been built with, not just a sensory room in mind, boxes that could be used to maximise revenues. People have complained regard BTG closing (although I believe that it has or is being opened temporarily in the FF), the East could have been also incorporated that when built.

We have got fans reps for this type of thing. Sure they will be in touch to help sort this out

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    We have got fans reps for this type of thing. Sure they will be in touch to help sort this out
    Pretty sure Tracey in particular has been involved in the comma with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Hibs build an exclusive lounge for folk who say things without engaging their brains or who appear not to have any sense of empathy then you'd qualify.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    If Hibs build an exclusive lounge for folk who say things without engaging their brains or who appear not to have any sense of empathy then you'd qualify.
    I thought that was what the four stands were for.

Hibs don't want it turning into a creche type area for kids to be left whilst the parents go to watch the game.

This is what I was referring to folks - the club’s view which I happen to agree with.

Nothing to do with autism or Aspergers.

This is what I was referring to folks - the club’s view which I happen to agree with.

Nothing to do with autism or Aspergers.
    Who says it’s the clubs view. Sounds like hearsay to me. You’re also ignoring the posts clarifying the point that parents wouldn’t expect hibs to look after their kids.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    I thought that was what the four stands were for.

You’ve had an absolute mare here.

Obsessed with the Hibees son of haggart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post

Thanks.
    PM me with details of when you are up, mate - I am back in Scotland permanently . Can't remember if I've told you before but my wife runs a charity supporting adults with autism/ aspergers into employment, it might be useful to meet up

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Rarely has anything else.

As previously mentioned the old boxes in the FF, at least one could be used to be turned into a sensory room.

The East stand could also have been built with, not just a sensory room in mind, boxes that could be used to maximise revenues. People have complained regard BTG closing (although I believe that it has or is being opened temporarily in the FF), the East could have been also incorporated that when built.
    That would have been a great opportunuity. Unfortunately, the "fans" view was it should be a single tier stand so that's what we got

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    My 7yr old son is Autistic and often asks to go to football. I remember this being mentioned about a year ago but then nothing. If I remember correctly Rangers have done it and it looks great.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Such an ignorant post, maybe best stay out of things you clearly don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    Who says it’s the clubs view. Sounds like hearsay to me. You’re also ignoring the posts clarifying the point that parents wouldn’t expect hibs to look after their kids.
    Geez. The ONLY point I’m making is in reply to be poster who talked about parents leaving kids in an area like a crèche.

That’s it. That’s all I’m responding too. I agree with the club, if that’s their view, as the poster stated.

I never said parents would do that. I never said that’s the club’s view. I even asked he point as a question and didn’t make a statement.

You all just read what you want to read though.
    Last edited by WhileTheChief..; 10-07-2018 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Yeah its not going well!!!