hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe Rod said that they decided to release the statement because of pressure the fans reps were under and they kept bringing it up at board meetings?
    Frank then said the majority of fans were in favour of moving on?
    Which one is it? Is someone telling porkies?
    Can someone who was at the meeting confirm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think the majority of the pressure to get a statement out came from you.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

Not every Hibs fan is a member of a club though

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    If there were only 40 members there tonight then he appears to be right.
    It doesn’t sound like the turnout was surprising given it was members only, on a weeknight with only a weeks notice. I’m sure there would have been far more in attendance, myself included, if it was open to season ticket holders (for example) and scheduled the day of a Hibs game.

I’m not a member of any supporters clubs, and never have been. I’ll wait until more details of the meeting come out, but if i’m honest the cynic in me does wonder, whether accurate or not, how much of this is a calculated PR exercise by the club. Limiting it to members only, where the chances may be that it would be faces they are familiar seeing and who might not question as forceably as might happen if opened to the wider support. I may be wrong, and I don’t mean to question any of those that did give up their evening to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I think the majority of the pressure to get a statement out came from you.
    Fair point.
    Can anyone say if anything was said tonight regarding ffp going forward? Do Hibs have a position on this or are we going to just let it all happen again?
    I’d be much more inclined to move on if I thought we had taken steps to prevent it happening again.

Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post
    It doesn’t sound like the turnout was surprising given it was members only, on a weeknight with only a weeks notice. I’m sure there would have been far more in attendance, myself included, if it was open to season ticket holders (for example) and scheduled the day of a Hibs game.

I’m not a member of any supporters clubs, and never have been. I’ll wait until more details of the meeting come out, but if i’m honest the cynic in me does wonder, whether accurate or not, how much of this is a calculated PR exercise by the club. Limiting it to members only, where the chances may be that it would be faces they are familiar seeing and who might not question as forceably as might happen if opened to the wider support. I may be wrong, and I don’t mean to question any of those that did give up their evening to attend.

Its a turnout in line with what I'd expect, and I think your cynicism is well warranted, the club are simply going through the motions here, clearing the decks to 'move on'.

@hibs.net private member BigKev's Avatar
    I believe Rod said that they decided to release the statement because of pressure the fans reps were under and they kept bringing it up at board meetings?

Who did Frank speak to to get the impression the fans were happy to move on? I've not met a Hibs fan who was happy at the club's statement.

I must be mixing with the wrong crowd...

Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post

The club didn't limit this to members only. That was a decision taken by the HSA for reasons of their own. Even so the attendance is still disappointing given the efforts made to make this meeting happen.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

The club didn't limit this to members only. That was a decision taken by the HSA for reasons of their own. Even so the attendance is still disappointing given the efforts made to make this meeting happen.
    Considering most Hibs fans couldn’t get in, the attendance was pretty good.

If it was only 40 then that's just a bus load. How many members does the HSA have?

First Team Breakthrough
    If it was only 40 then that's just a bus load. How many members does the HSA have?
    Don't know , but here's a season ticket holder who was looking forward to going until the hsa club denied me the right

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I went down and wasn’t allowed in.

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ajf View Post
    Don't know , but here's a season ticket holder who was looking forward to going until the hsa club denied me the right
    Not sure it was your "Right". Any club can refuse entrance to non members for any reason. Just like a pub can refuse to serve you without having to give you a reason.
    Unfortunately thats the law.

Would be interested to hear the motive behind the HSA making this members only. Surely opening it up to the wider support would have been to their advantage. I'm a ST holder and was planning on attending before finding out it was members only.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    Would be interested to hear the motive behind the HSA making this members only. Surely opening it up to the wider support would have been to their advantage. I'm a ST holder and was planning on attending before finding out it was members only.
    Hibs club holds a couple of hundred, we have 13000 STs - although I appreciate all would not want to attend, it couldn't possibly be a free for all.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

I hope people remember that when the next elections come along, that is just bull****.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    Who did Frank speak to to get the impression the fans were happy to move on? I've not met a Hibs fan who was happy at the club's statement.

I must be mixing with the wrong crowd...
    Conversely I've not met a single Hibs fan who doesn't want to move on. They tend to be like me , only interested in the fortunes and welfare of their own team.

The SFA will be loving this.
    Our club has done nothing wrong.
    The fans reps have done nothing wrong.
    The HSA have done nothing wrong.
    Rather than turning fire in on ourselves it should be directed at the guilty party, the SFA. Until fans of all clubs unite properly behind that and move on from merely whinging on the internet nothing will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Conversely I've not met a single Hibs fan who doesn't want to move on. They tend to be like me , only interested in the fortunes and welfare of their own team.

Correct

If our teams plays in a rigged league is there any point?

@hibs.net private member
    Rather than turning fire in on ourselves it should be directed at the guilty party, the SFA. Until fans of all clubs unite properly behind that and move on from merely whinging on the internet nothing will change.

The SFA are the original guilty party - the fans reps are the current guilty party along with the board, The reps come out of this as "yes men" to the board when they should be "yes men" to the majority view of the supporters. If we continue with fan reps then these two simply have to go.

The SFA is the clubs. If you want to change the SFA you have to change the outlook of your club.

Our fortunes are being hampered by other clubs being able to buy players they otherwise can’t afford using offshore money.

@hibs.net private member
    That is why I said the vote should have been split. I know there are fans who want to move on even though I don’t go to the matches with them.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I hope people remember that when the next elections come along, that is just bull****.
    Frank can't stand again anyway, so that will keep you happy I assume.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member BigKev's Avatar
    Only being interested in your own team?

How about Rangers probably doing Hibs out of money by their cheating? Knocking us out of cups with players illegally registered? Taking our manager with promises of riches? Signing our players with increased sponsorship and prize money?

No? Let's just move on, it was all ok 😩

With fans meekly accepting Rangers and their tainted titles Scottish football will remain under the thumb of a clueless regime and the same thing will happen again.

Funny where we have had HSA putting out statements, to be met with "they don't speak for the support", they then hold a meeting for members, and non members complain about not gaining access.....Haha priceless

Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    Only being interested in your own team?

How about Rangers probably doing Hibs out of money by their cheating? Knocking us out of cups with players illegally registered? Taking our manager with promises of riches? Signing our players with increased sponsorship and prize money?

No? Let's just move on, it was all ok 😩

With fans meekly accepting Rangers and their tainted titles Scottish football will remain under the thumb of a clueless regime and the same thing will happen again.
    So we keep hounding OUR Club??

Why not focus attention at the governing body.

Let's focus on the positive things Hibs are doing.....

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Agreed, my group of around 10 were all quite happy with the statement and the intention of moving on.

In fact the general feeling around the meeting last night was "really?!?!?" And if only 40 showed up, that seems to be the general feeling.

People are saying that there's no way the general feeling that Frank got was that most people wanted to move on....well, a question.... did anyone actually go and find Frank to tell him they weren't happy? I've not seen anyone say they have.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    So we keep hounding OUR Club??

Why not focus attention at the governing body.

Let's focus on the positive things Hibs are doing.....
    As said above, the clubs are the governing body. And our chairman is one of its key henchmen.