hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lewyhfc
    Would love to get myself a ST again but because of my job I just can't commit.

HibsTv it will be again.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibeeleicester View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would love to get myself a ST again but because of my job I just can't commit.

HibsTv it will be again.
    Hibs should really think about you guys who attend infrequently.
    Im sure they could do you a block of tickets say 6 that you can use whenever, there are plenty empty seats.
    You could always swap the seat ticket if you wanted to sit with pals.

Quote Originally Posted by TRIALIST View Post
    Im sure they could do you a block of tickets say 6 that you can use whenever, there are plenty empty seats.
    Excellent idea and one any football club should look to implement. Season tickets are costly and a lot of people can't commit but that sort of deal could attract a lot of people

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn2015 View Post
    Excellent idea and one any football club should look to implement. Season tickets are costly and a lot of people can't commit but that sort of deal could attract a lot of people
    Would certainly get me bought in..I often get wee guilt pangs that I can commit to a year..I do HSL for the moment just so I feel part of whats being created..

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lewyhfc
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIALIST View Post
    Would 100% go for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    Would certainly get me bought in..I often get wee guilt pangs that I can commit to a year..I do HSL for the moment just so I feel part of whats being created..
    I'd love to contribute to the HSL but committed to instalment plan for the ST so will have to hang fire. Wife would kill me until I die from it

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Just renewed mines and got colleague from work to get his first ever season ticket...

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    Just renewed mines and got colleague from work to get his first ever season ticket...
    this is the way.

it would be great if the club could use one of our early games for an 'bring the 150K back to ER' campaign, either with reduced ticket price or deducting ticket off future season ticket purchase, with the aim of letting folk bring work colleagues/ acquaintances along for a taster. not everyone will want to jump right into a season ticket (obviously superb if folk do though).

the goodwill is there for the Club to be creative, i think.

Testimonial Due
    Good points.

Why cant you also select the games you want to attend? Yeah sure most would select thw derby and maybe aberdeen, but so what. Why cant you sell everygame now or do a cat A package or something like that? Surely cant be that difficult with e-ticketing?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    Good points.

Why cant you also select the games you want to attend? Yeah sure most would select thw derby and maybe aberdeen, but so what. Why cant you sell everygame now or do a cat A package or something like that? Surely cant be that difficult with e-ticketing?
    The last time I looked, Hibs were not down to play Hearts or Aberdeen next season.

Having a Category A season ticket, for when Hibs are promoted, doesn't make a lot of sense to the club as they will involve matches that are easier to sell to walk-ups, at higher prices that a season ticket holder would pay.

A cheapo Category B season ticket would make more sense. I had one back in the mid-2000s. It covered all matches bar Hearts and the uglies. The seats could be situated in the east side of the South Stand which is empty for all matches not involving Hearts, Rangers, and Celtic.

There might be a case for a reduced match season ticket package aimed at long distance supporters who cannot commit to travel for every home match. Celtic did this very successfully in the early Fergus McCann era. This was aimed at their Irish support base. This could involve one match a month focussing on weekend matches with the most attractive matches included.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    A 'Category A' game for me is any game involving Hibs. I'll get 18 'Category A' games with my 2016/17 season ticket.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    well done to everyone who has renewed and all the folk that have bought a season ticket for the first time in a while, i know due to work/family/financial commitments that not everyone can go to the games

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    The last time I looked, Hibs were not down to play Hearts or Aberdeen next season.

Having a Category A season ticket, for when Hibs are promoted, doesn't make a lot of sense to the club as they will involve matches that are easier to sell to walk-ups, at higher prices that a season ticket holder would pay.

A cheapo Category B season ticket would make more sense. I had one back in the mid-2000s. It covered all matches bar Hearts and the uglies. The seats could be situated in the east side of the South Stand which is empty for all matches not involving Hearts, Rangers, and Celtic.

There might be a case for a reduced match season ticket package aimed at long distance supporters who cannot commit to travel for every home match. Celtic did this very successfully in the early Fergus McCann era. This was aimed at their Irish support base. This could involve one match a month focussing on weekend matches with the most attractive matches included.
    Of course youre right about hearts and the dons, i was thinking ahead!

What you say about cat a may be true if there was limited supply, but thats not the case and so a bitd in the hand and all that - less money banked is more valuable than the possibilty of more in the future. And as i say, we can easily accomodate both.

Another problem it might help to solve is complacency. At the moment, a swithering fan knows they can decide at last poasible moment. If we start creating more demand, it might help to drive a bit of a virtuous cycle where fans know they have to buy earlier amd earlier.

The perceptiob that you might miss out is, IMO an important one for drivinf sales

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    We will smash 10k no problem.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn2015 View Post
    We've made suggestions like this before (I'm all for it - I suggested a 10 match ticket) but the counter argument which is fair enough, is that people may buy this instead of a season ticket, reducing the ST numbers.

There latest post on twitter says we are on 7835 season books sold

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    We've made suggestions like this before (I'm all for it - I suggested a 10 match ticket) but the counter argument which is fair enough, is that people may buy this instead of a season ticket, reducing the ST numbers.
    People who have decided to buy a ST will still buy one,this sort of offer should go ahead in my opinion,it will attract far more people than it discourages ST sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Season books? You've not had one for a while have you?

Me and the auld man renewed last month

Buzzing for the new season

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    With surely more to come

Seriously. If you could get your child a £25 season ticket anywhere in the ground if you buy a regular season ticket i reckon loads more will pay up. Even in the side strips of the east and west where its traditionally last to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Seriously. If you could get your child a £25 season ticket anywhere in the ground if you buy a regular season ticket i reckon loads more will pay up. Even in the side strips of the east and west where its traditionally last to sell?
    Why not pay the going rate for premium seats? I have. Why would Hibs sell the best seats at £25? Theres already a section behind the goals for cheap seats but still folk want everything for nowt....Hibs are not a charity.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Not sure it would work out to be honest. At the moment what are they £75 or something? You'd need to sell three times as many kids tickets to break even on it.

I don't think the kids tickets are expensive enough that lower prices would make quite that much of a difference.

Yes well it is expensive to buy two tickets and some people would have to take their kids. Even if it was raised a bit more from £25 to something Hibs would accept. This is the future fanbase also.

5 tickets renewed today

2 Season Tickets bought earlier today! First time for a few years!

Think 10k is achievable.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Free kids ticket with a paying adult.

First Team Breakthrough
    Over here in Vancouver the Whitecaps offer season tickets, half season tickets and 5 match packs - which I think is a great idea.

Slightly off topic but something else they do really well here is create an amazing atmosphere in a 53,000 seater stadium when the average attendance is 21,000. The stadium is split into the upper and lower tiers (or bowls). They zone off the entire upper bowl with a huge branded tarpaulin, which blocks the view of the upper bowl and the empty seats so you feel like you're in a more intimate capacity stadium. They also do the same in the bottom tier by covering the back 8-10 rows of the lower bowl with tarp (giving the lower bowl a capacity of 21,000) - and take it off for bigger games (increasing the capacity to 27,000).

I always felt they should do this at Easter Road for run of the mill games. They could cover the top 8-10 rows (or more) with branded tarp in the Famous Five, East and South Stands to create a better atmosphere for those games. I also think they should put something similarly visual over the transparent ends of the stands - they always make the stands look more empty and less atmospheric.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    We will smash 10k no problem.
    Hope so, I've still to renew my three 👍