hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There was nothing of note in the discussions for them to fall through. Hibs offered to buy Hunter's Hall, maintain the Community Centre there as well as building a dedicated training ground for the club and the council knocked it back straight away even though they were actively trying to bring in a private owner at the time.
    I was told something at the time but it was all pretty vague.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    It is naive if you think facilities upgrade without passing in those costs to their customers. It may not cost hertz all the money required for upgrades but it will impact in their costs to use the upgraded facility.
    Probably, but it wouldn't cost them a massive financial hit regardless and they get to use upgraded facilities that probably neither club could afford without it being funded by someone else.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Aye but we don't get to pretend that we own it and in some instances even brag about it and end up looking like bellends when some hobo asks for evidence of said ownership.

Most of the downsides to owning EM are in the past in my opinion, and however we look at it is an asset on the (legendary) balance sheet,something we own and paid for. Riccarton, for the thieves is all in the cash out column.
    The best one is when they say that the hibs under 20s team play their games at OUR training centre. If it’s theirs why do their under 20s travel miles to play their games? It’s the hearts way, they’re the Hyacinth Bucket of Scottish football.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee16 View Post
    Probably, but it wouldn't cost them a massive financial hit regardless and they get to use upgraded facilities that probably neither club could afford without it being funded by someone else.
    Hearts obviously saw it differently at the time as the training centre was due to be a joint venture which Hearts were going to fund equally with HWU, but they backed out at the last minute and became tenants (tenants that didn’t pay) with limited access to facilities.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Hearts obviously saw it differently at the time as the training centre was due to be a joint venture which Hearts were going to fund equally with HWU, but they backed out at the last minute and became tenants (tenants that didn’t pay) with limited access to facilities.
    They had no choice.

Has there been instances of the players not doing training because they are in line with everyone else? Haven't they already got a full size indoor pitch at Riccarton?
    They don’t have a full size indoor pitch, and there’s been numerous occasions when they haven’t been able to train.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    They had no choice.
    ....as they had spent all the money SMG had given them for the training centre funds on (three) players.

They had no choice.
    Did they back out for the same reason as I’ve had to back out from buying the new Bugatti.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    I was told something at the time but it was all pretty vague.
    Could bet your bottom dollar if that had been heard the council would have been all for it

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    I suppose you can use the comparison of buying or letting a house. When you buy you have an asset that increases in value over the ownership period, yes you have the extra costs with maintenance, but they are up keeping that asset and making it worth more. Letting is great, you get the same facilities as a home owner, you don't, depending on the lease need to invest to upgrade or maintain the property, but your rent will increase year on year and at the end of it all you don't own what you have been paying into for years and you have no say in the upgrading or expansion of the property. Hibs owning their own training centre is a long term investment for the betterment of the club, hertz are paying into a training centre they do not control or have any say in upgrading.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Has there been instances of the players not doing training because they are in line with everyone else? Haven't they already got a full size indoor pitch at Riccarton?
    No, Hearts training centre is not in the Oriam. They rent the pitches out the back and a smaller indoor hall. It’s a decent facility but nowhere near as good as EM. If they want to hire the Oriam it’s £189 an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    I suppose you can use the comparison of buying or letting a house. When you buy you have an asset that increases in value over the ownership period, yes you have the extra costs with maintenance, but they are up keeping that asset and making it worth more. Letting is great, you get the same facilities as a home owner, you don't, depending on the lease need to invest to upgrade or maintain the property, but your rent will increase year on year and at the end of it all you don't own what you have been paying into for years and you have no say in the upgrading or expansion of the property. Hibs owning their own training centre is a long term investment for the betterment of the club, hertz are paying into a training centre they do not control or have any say in upgrading.
    Add to that only 1/3 of the land at East Mains is developed. The rest can be developed or sold off depending on future circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    ....as they had spent all the money SMG had given them for the training centre funds on (three) players.
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Did they back out for the same reason as I’ve had to back out from buying the new Bugatti.
    As I posted before, the project was dependant on a SportScotland grant. Hearts were a financial basket case (remember, this was roughly the same period that they agreed to sell Tynie to Cala) and didn't meet the minimum criteria to receive a grant (ie. being solvent), therefore HWU binned HMFC from the financial montage and did it themselves.

I don't mind Maclean but it's an absolutely stinking signing for them and should dampen the Jambo delusion that they'll brush us aside next season. I won't get too high and mighty just yet as I wouldn't be surprised if we gave Kenny Miller a deal if he leaves The Rangers. Lennon has form for signing aging strikers. Holt for us, Heskey and Gudjohnson for Bolton. For what it's worth if we can't get both Maclaren and Kamberi signed up, I think Miller could do an effective job

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ToffeeCabbage View Post
    I don't mind Maclean but it's an absolutely stinking signing for them and should dampen the Jambo delusion that they'll brush us aside next season. I won't get too high and mighty just yet as I wouldn't be surprised if we gave Kenny Miller a deal if he leaves The Rangers. Lennon has form for signing aging strikers. Holt for us, Heskey and Gudjohnson for Bolton. For what it's worth if we can't get both Maclaren and Kamberi signed up, I think Miller could do an effective job

I hope not. Old players are usually poor value for money.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    No, Hearts training centre is not in the Oriam. They rent the pitches out the back and a smaller indoor hall. It’s a decent facility but nowhere near as good as EM. If they want to hire the Oriam it’s £189 an hour.

Cool, cheers.

@hibs.net private member
    What overall benefit does that bring?
    Just as an example, I was down at HTC a couple of hours before Ross County game just before Christmas, and Whitty was in the gym on his own working his way back from injury.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Just as an example, I was down at HTC a couple of hours before Ross County game just before Christmas, and Whitty was in the gym on his own working his way back from injury.
    Fair enough but most clubs have gym facilities available to them also.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    who happened to turn out to be a good solid reliable stop-gap tbf, i'm sure we've had worse
    Who was part of team of useless nomads who took us down...hardly solid and reliable mate

Fair enough but most clubs have gym facilities available to them also.
    You didn’t contribute to “what did the Romans ever do for us”by any chance?

I think you've all got it wrong. There was an article in the Evening News recently where they were boasting about building a new stand* at their training centre**.

* Not built or paid for by Hearts

** Not built or paid for by Hearts

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    You didn’t contribute to “what did the Romans ever do for us”by any chance?
    Nope.

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    I just googled Oriam and there is no mention of Hearts. Certainly nothing about them having priority use of Scotland’s national performance centre for sport. SRU and SFA are mentioned though

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    The Jambo in my office has gone at the start of the week from telling me they were going to sign Dylan to telling me today on the back of the McLean news that next year will be transitional. Bunch of delusional fuds, every single one of them

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Not sure if it says much but sections of Oriam are plastered with Hearts branding so it would seem like they are a bit more than just another customer who has to wait in line

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Not sure if it says much but sections of Oriam are plastered with Hearts branding so it would seem like they are a bit more than just another customer who has to wait in line

Not necessarily.

If they can lay claim to single handedly winning two worlds wars and claim to be the first fan-owned club in Scotland, I wouldn't put it past them to also claim ownership of a sports centre they never paid a penny towards building.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Not necessarily.

If they can lay claim to single handedly winning two worlds wars and claim to be the first fan-owned club in Scotland, I wouldn't put it past them to also claim ownership of a sports centre they never paid a penny towards building.
    I’m not talking about Hearts claiming anything.

Im saying that given there is a strong Hearts presence in certain sections of the Oriam that it can be suggested that their relationship goes beyond being just another passive customer that has to wait it’s turn.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I’m not talking about Hearts claiming anything.

Im saying that given there is a strong Hearts presence in certain sections of the Oriam that it can be suggested that their relationship goes beyond being just another passive customer that has to wait it’s turn.
    If I was paying £450,000 annual rental, if that’s what they pay, I’d be expecting some flexibility too

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    If I was paying £450,000 annual rental, if that’s what they pay, I’d be expecting some flexibility too
    Agreed. There seem to be a few on here that think Hearts are just a big standard customer like any other member of the public though

Agreed. There seem to be a few on here that think Hearts are just a big standard customer like any other member of the public though
    They’re clearly have more priority than anyone walking in and trying to book, but once it’s booked, they have to wait their turn. There was an occasion a couple of years ago when wanted priority over a university booking and were knocked back. It was during the time that Locke was the manager. When we build our full size indoor pitch it will ours whenever we need it.

United we stand here....