hibs.net Messageboard

Ratings v Motherwell

I wasn't there, so for people that were, what rating would each player get?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wasn't there, so for people that were, what rating would each player get?
    Out of ten -

Stack 5 (Poor at goal even if might have been obstructed)
    Wotherspoon 6
    Murray 9
    Hogg 8
    Bamba 7
    Zemmama
    Miller 9
    McBride 8
    Nish 8
    Riordan 8

Galbraith was effective when he came on as was Benji who held the ball up well. Rankin looked like he had been stung into action a wee bit too.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PickYouUp
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Handling View Post
    Out of ten -

Wotherspoon 6
    Murray 9
    Hogg 8
    Bamba 7
    Zemmama
    Miller 9
    McBride 8
    Nish 8
    Riordan 8

Galbraith was effective when he came on as was Benji who held the ball up well. Rankin looked like he had been stung into action a wee bit too.
    Only 10 players

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Handling View Post
    Out of ten -

Wotherspoon 6
    Murray 9
    Hogg 8
    Bamba 7
    Zemmama
    Miller 9
    McBride 8
    Nish 8
    Riordan 8

You're missing Stokes

Was his performance that forgettable ?

Miller and Zemmama were the standouts by a stretch. Everyone else put in a good shift too.

It wasn't Wotherspoon's best game and he got a tough time against O'Brien, but he stuck to his task admirably and was more solid second half. Stack looked at fault for the goal, but was given no help from the referee at corners where the Motherwell players weere obstructing him at opportunity.

I was also really impressed by Motherwell's right back who looks like a really good player. Strong and quick as well, we got no change out him all afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shugster View Post
    Miller and Zemmama were the standouts by a stretch. Everyone else put in a good shift too.

It wasn't Wotherspoon's best game and he got a tough time against O'Brien, but he stuck to his task admirably and was more solid second half. Stack looked at fault for the goal, but was given no help from the referee at corners where the Motherwell players weere obstructing him at opportunity.

I was also really impressed by Motherwell's right back who looks like a really good player. Strong and quick as well, we got no change out him all afternoon.
    O brien was taken off, well done Wootherspoon!

Quote Originally Posted by FraserHFC View Post
    You're missing Stokes

Was his performance that forgettable ?
    Apologies - was needin' ma tea and the current Mrs Handling was at ma shooder!

Stokes - 7

Quote Originally Posted by Borders Hibby View Post
    O brien was taken off, well done Wootherspoon!
    I was surprised at O'Brien being taken off as he looked positive and their only real threat. I'd imagine young Wotherspoon was glad to see the back of him.
    Not that he done much wrong, but a wee bit indecisive (as was Hoggy) at the build up to the corner that gave them their goal.

First Team Breakthrough wee hay's Avatar
    Stack 6 Would like to see there goal again

Wotherspoon 7 Woked hard could be a great full back
    Hogg 8 strolled through the game
    Bamba 8 Same as Hogg
    Murray 8 Same as hogg

Zouma 10 Different klass
    Miller best player on park
    Mcbride 7 Played well
    Riordan 8 Played well

Nish 9 what a game he had
    Stokes 7 played well

@hibs.net private member
    Stack 5 poor at crosses we still need a keeper

Wotherspoon 6 play well but will take time to adjust that role
    Hogg 6 much better but struggled in first half
    Bamba 6 won lots of headers but still need to think more about his positioning
    Murray 7 great shift, LB is his best position

Miller 8 excellent
    McBride 7 work very hard never misplaces a ball
    Zemama 9 just fantastic
    Deeks 7 worked very hard scored a great goal

Nish 7 best I have seen him play
    Stokes 6 worked his socks off

Galbraith 6 did well when he came on
    Benji 5 unlucky not to score
    Rankin 2 late sub

Yogi 8

Ref 4 tried to spoil the game

Stack-6 I would like to see their goal on TV before making too much comment but I thought he struggled with crosses.

Wotherspoon-7 Put in a good shift at the back and also showed confidence when going forward.
    Hogg-7 Eased through the game, looked very comfortable throughout.
    Bamba-7 Same as Hogg, much better than Tuesday night.
    Murray-8 Excellent shift. We need to get his contract extended.

McBride-7 I thought he did another good job today. Played lots of sensible passes and rarely wasted possession.
    Miller-9.9 Absolutely outstanding performance. If he plays like that for the rest of the season, we will score a lot of goals. He was my man of the match.
    Zemmama-9.8 Only outdone by Miller's masterclass. He was a constant thorn in Motherwell's side and it was capped off by a stunning free kick. If we can keep him and Miller fit and on form, we will be some team.

Nish-7 Really pleased for him that he got his goal today that will hopefully keep the doubters off his back for a few weeks (maybe not, though...). Other than his goal, I thought his general play today was very good by linking play to the two more mobile strikers.
    Stokes-7 I thought he had a good game today without threatening to score too much.
    Riordan-9 Fantastic. Did a lot of tracking back to help out in defence and Derek did what Derek does best...he scored yet another goal.

I thought Galbraith and Benji did well when they came on although I suppose it is easier to come on and play well when the team has played well and is leading.

All in all, it was a very good performance today. It was up there with anything that I saw under Mowbray (particularly in the second half) and the players have now set a standard and they have shown what they are capable of. I just hope that we can put in a similar performance next week against Dundee Utd.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    We all know what Zemmama can do and today was sublime, as others said, as good as Latapy. And if Liam Miller can perform the rest of the season like he did in the 2nd half then we have an exceptional player.

The only think that worries me a bit is that Motherwell seemed like they were playing in slippers - hardly made a challenge all game. It won't be like this every week.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Stack 5 poor at crosses we still need a keeper

Wotherspoon 6 play well but will take time to adjust that role
    Hogg 6 much better but struggled in first half
    Bamba 6 won lots of headers but still need to think more about his positioning
    Murray 7 great shift, LB is his best position

Miller 8 excellent
    McBride 7 work very hard never misplaces a ball
    Zemama 9 just fantastic
    Deeks 7 worked very hard scored a great goal

Nish 7 best I have seen him play
    Stokes 6 worked his socks off

Galbraith 6 did well when he came on
    Benji 5 unlucky not to score
    Rankin 2 late sub

Yogi 8

Ref 4 tried to spoil the game

Brilliant - a 7 for the best game of his hibs career! says it all really

Testimonial Due Ravelston Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    We all know what Zemmama can do and today was sublime, as others said, as good as Latapy. And if Liam Miller can perform the rest of the season like he did in the 2nd half then we have an exceptional player.

The only think that worries me a bit is that Motherwell seemed like they were playing in slippers - hardly made a challenge all game. It won't be like this every week.
    Fair do's HN.

I know what you mean. However, I think that we will be even better than we were today!

@hibs.net private member
    Stack - 5 - Does not look comfortable. I hope he comes good.

Wotherspoon - 7 - Better at right mid, but still put in a good performance.

Hogg - 8 - Best game he has played for a long time.

Bamba - 7 - Strolled through the match. No scary moments.

Murray - 8 - Excellent performance. Agree with person who says we need to sort his contract out.

McBride - 7 - Good performance. Passed the ball well.

Miller - 9 - Superb. Ran the midfield. Will be a great player for us.

Zemmama - 9.5 - Absolute joy to watch. Man of the match.

Riordan - 8 - Worked hard and showed again he is the best finisher in the SPL.

Stokes - 7 - Worked really hard, but still looks like he needs a few games.

Nish - 8 - As a big Nish critic, I will admit he had a great game. Scored and his overall link up play was good.

Stack - 5 Seriously needs to learn to command his box!

Wotherspoon - 6 Massive potential as an attacking full back. Needs time to fully learn the defensive side of the role but I think he's up to the task!

Hogg - 7 Still disorganised defending set pieces and yet it was Bamba and Murray shouting instructions rather than our captain.

Bamba - 8 Pretty solid game defensively but you can see how much he wants to be back in midfield - he was charging up to the halfway line to make challenges a bit too often. Would get caught out against better counter-attacking sides.

Murray - 7.5 Great coming forward and some strong defending but took a forthnight to get back every time he came forward leaving Riordan filling in at left back.

Zemamma - 9.9 Absolutely outstanding! Obviously thrived off the stick he was getting from that band of unwashed pillocks in the corner...soon shut them up didnt he!!?? (even the pr!ck who launched whatever that was at his head - let's see some action taken, SFA, shall we...?) Would be M.O.M. on any other day with that kinda performance - unless Miller plays like he did again!

McBride - 7 A bit of a passenger at times but he's doing the un-glamourous job so not noticing him for long periods doesnt mean he didnt play his part!

Miller - One of the best midfield performances I've ever seen!! Still dont reckon he's completely match-fit and am practically drooling at the prospect of what he might be like when he is...!!!

Stokes - 6 Good link up play but didnt look as much of a threat as usual.

Nish - 7 Managed to hold the ball up well a couple of times but only when it was played in waist height - still cant win headers!

Riordan - 8 You can tell how much he loves playing with guys like Miller and Zemamma - he can make runs and take up positive positions knowing those players can find a pass from anywhere and nowhere!

Subs:

Galbraith - 6 Positive running and a few good positions. Needs to work on finishing but is a very useful player to bring off the bench.

Benji - 6 Has such a natural understanding with Zemamma! Have no doubt he would have scored if he'd played a wee bit longer.

Rankin - 3 Never really been a fan and he showed exactly why he was a sub with his little 'skillful swivel' which resulted in him having no clue where the ball had gone and losing possession in a good area of the field.

All in all, easily our best performance of the season thus far but I wonder how we would've got on against a team with a bit more fight and physicality...'Well stood off and let us play more often than most other sides will.