hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

Taking cartons of juice off three year old girls

Well done to the steward who confiscated my three year old's carton of juice at today's game - a job well done

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well done to the steward who confiscated my three year old's carton of juice at today's game - a job well done
    What's his username on here?

First Team Breakthrough HTD1875's Avatar
    It makes you think,what law this is breaking ?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_Hibs View Post
    What's his username on here?

i'm positive neither the steward or a 3 year old will have a username on here

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    At least your 3 year old now knows they're not allowed and can put you straight the next time you think about allowing your child to take something that is not permitted into the ground.

total Jobs worth

Quote Originally Posted by sodje18 View Post
    It makes you think,what law this is breaking ?
    Law! Everyone knows carton or vessels containing liquid that can be used as a missile when full is not permitted surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Law! Everyone knows carton or vessels containing liquid that can be used as a missile when full is not permitted surely?
    Unless you pay about £3 for one once you're inside. Then it's fair game

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    At least your 3 year old now knows they're not allowed and can put you straight the next time you think about allowing your child to take something that is not permitted into the ground.
    They sell them inside though so no reason for them to be banned

Quote Originally Posted by MehHFC View Post
    Sorry I thought all drinks were dispensed into a cup in the ground, am I wrong?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Tosser, see post 23 on here - http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?2...03#post4108903 I know who I'd prefer. Once drove 320 miles for a midweek game in the late 90's, arrived 30 minutes early, bought my ticket, handed it over and as I got pushed from behind, unbelievably I and the guy behind both got through at the same time.

The ticket guy in the booth was onto his next "customer" and didn't want to know but the steward decided I had sneaked in - even though I had a ticket stub! As he was always going to win the debate he defaulted to my response being aggressive so I got lobbed out by the cops - Went straight round and got a ticket for another part of the ground! Sadly it remains the case that stewards are at 2 extremes - those that take juice cartons of kids in the name of stewarding / security and those who just feel they have to do somebody, anybody for something to make their day. Meantime banned activity goes on all around them.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Really? I have only ever seen coke bottles being poured into cups inside the ground, I have never seen cartons of juice and have had one removed by a steward previously who explained the reason why hence my response.

So is entering a stadium drunk, but when do you see stewards enforcing that? Little girl with a carton of Ribena - can't be having that.

That would be the last straw for me wouldn't be able to concentrate on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MehHFC View Post
    Or the golf ball with a nail through it in your pocket they've not seen! I'd rather have a three year old throw the juice carton than get splat with one of those seagulls. Sometimes you need a wee bit common sense with these things. Rules though!

Blog Entries
    Nonsense - cartons ARE allowed...have been taking them for years. In fact today I was told I could not take my Greggs Coffee in...I politely insisted I could / would / had been for years as it was not a prohibited container (to say nothing of there being no black coffee available in ground) and carried on...

There were a lot if not most stewards who were new today so cut them some slack...they will be learning. Was embarrassed to see one fan berate a steward who was politely trying to get him to go to pods with his cash for a ticket (to ease the queues for those with cards) rather than stand in TO queue ..... he totally missed point and angrily waved ticket he then bought at steward saying...'see your a liar I could buy one here'....... not Hibs Class

Yep they sell cartons of juice and have done for years. No liquids are allowed in to the ground.

So is entering a stadium drunk, but when do you see stewards enforcing that? Little girl with a carton of Ribena - can't be having that.
    Drunk is debatable, the actual presence of a carton is not, I guess that makes an easy target whatever the age.

Really? I have only ever seen coke bottles being poured into cups inside the ground, I have never seen cartons of juice and have had one removed by a steward previously who explained the reason why hence my response.
    They sell Ribena and Capri suns in the ground which aren't put in to cups.

Fans should be allowed to bring in their own cartons, the rules don't state they are banned

Quote Originally Posted by oconnors_strip View Post
    They sell Ribena and Capri suns in the ground which aren't put in to cups.

Fans should be allowed to bring in their own cartons, the rules don't state they are banned

It is an offence under the Criminal Law (Consolidation) (Scotland) Act, 1995 to enter, or attempt to enter the Ground:
    a) Whilst in possession of a controlled container which is or was capable of holding liquid and which, if thrown would be capable of causing injury to another person

Yes they do!

Girl in front of me, about 4 or 5, had a bottle of ribena at a game at the end of last season. Steward went and got a cup from the kiosks, poured the drink in and took the empty bottle away, problem solved.

A bit common sense should have been the order of the day surely.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    Nonsense - cartons ARE allowed...have been taking them for years. In fact today I was told I could not take my Greggs Coffee in...I politely insisted I could / would / had been for years as it was not a prohibited container (to say nothing of there being no black coffee available in ground) and carried on...

There were a lot if not most stewards who were new today so cut them some slack...they will be learning. Was embarrassed to see one fan berate a steward who was politely trying to get him to go to pods with his cash for a ticket (to ease the queues for those with cards) rather than stand in TO queue ..... he totally missed point and angrily waved ticket he then bought at steward saying...'see your a liar I could buy one here'....... not Hibs Class
    She had another one in her bag anyway so it wasn't the end of the world.

[/B]

It is an offence under the Criminal Law (Consolidation) (Scotland) Act, 1995 to enter, or attempt to enter the Ground:
    a) Whilst in possession of a controlled container which is or was capable of holding liquid and which, if thrown would be capable of causing injury to another person

Yes they do!
    Sorry my bad! But then why do they sell cartons of Ribena at games?

Bought one today for my laddie at £1.90 a pop!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oconnors_strip View Post
    Sorry my bad! But then why do they sell cartons of Ribena at games?

Haven't got a clue mate.

Blog Entries
    [/B]

Yes they do!
    You are quoting correct law but missing the important capable of causing injury to another person
    cartons are not considered to be capable of that - thus why they are sold in ground....and are / have been allowed for past 15 years I have taken my girls with them...we had 4 cartons with us today (as well as my coffee) which we showed steward with the usual 'nope no cans or bottles...just cartons' line to which a polite thanks was returned

[/B]

Yes they do!

Aye, that would be a sore one, getting hit by a carton of Ribena thrown by a three year old.

Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    You are quoting correct law but missing the important capable of causing injury to another person
    cartons are not considered to be capable of that - thus why they are sold in ground....and are / have been allowed for past 15 years I have taken my girls with them...we had 4 cartons with us today (as well as my coffee) which we showed steward with the usual 'nope no cans or bottles...just cartons' line to which a polite thanks was returned

If I threw a full carton of ribena at you and it hit you in the eye it could ****** blind you!!! Is that injury enough? It's down to lack of training but as a steward if you know the law then you interpret it as you see it.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Yes but the three year olds might have been full of Semtex or the abola virus. You never know !!!!!

If I threw a full carton of ribena at you and it hit you in the eye it could ****** blind you!!! Is that injury enough?

Get of your high horse mate, it was a three year old!