hibs.net Messageboard

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree. However, he is quite often on the side of opinions of people who feel they don't have to back up their opinions to anyone. I've asked people why they think this outcome is good for Hibs and haven't had one response explaining why they think that it is. It's all "shut up and move on".
    Behave. I have some opinions and speak to them. That's it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Behave. I have some opinions and speak to them. That's it.
    I've asked for the reasoning behind some of your opinions before while providing some of my own and you've never done so. That's your choice of course. But it would be nice to try and understand difference perspectives, which is impossible to do without any reasoning.

I have nothing against you on here, you're entitled to your views. It would just be nice to gain an understanding of them, that's all.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    Which is at best tiresome and at worst pathetic.
    There's just no need for this. I'm just discussing things in a civil manner.

Seems to be beyond some others.

I agree. However, he is quite often on the side of opinions of people who feel they don't have to back up their opinions to anyone. I've asked people why they think this outcome is good for Hibs and haven't had one response explaining why they think that it is. It's all "shut up and move on".
    Has there been a single poster who has said 'shut up and move on' to you or are you making more stuff up?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

It's really not worth it mate. You haven't broken any rules, but they will still threaten to ban you if you get a little too close to the bone. If they had nothing to hide, then they'd have nothing to worry about and no reason to threaten you with a ban.
    Are you saying that there's an admin cover up going on?

Coaching Staff
    I've asked for the reasoning behind some of your opinions before while providing some of my own and you've never done so. That's your choice of course. But it would be nice to try and understand difference perspectives, which is impossible to do without any reasoning.

I have nothing against you on here, you're entitled to your views. It would just be nice to gain an understanding of them, that's all.
    That's nonsense. I think I'm very clear on my reasonings. If you don't follow them then fair enough.

Really don't understand why some have chosen this issue to try and rip into each other and the positive feeling around the club just now. It's pathetic.

It's really not worth it mate. You haven't broken any rules, but they will still threaten to ban you if you get a little too close to the bone. If they had nothing to hide, then they'd have nothing to worry about and no reason to threaten you with a ban.
    Why don't you enlighten us all then, on what you think the Admins have to hide ?

I disagree with a lot of Andy's posts but he always provides a reason for his views.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    I've asked people why they think this outcome is good for Hibs and haven't had one response explaining why they think that it is.
    I don't really buy the board's "we'd rather spend our time and energy on building Hibs' future than on contributing to an enquiry into Scottish fitba's governance" line. I don't see any reason why both couldn't be done concurrently, and am uneasy with the official Hibs statement.

The only way that I can see an enquiry operating against Hibs' interests is this. If something in RP's SFA past turned out to be so murky that he felt obliged to resign from not only the SFA but also from Hibs, then STF's involvement with Hibs might be compromised. I doubt whether RP himself is a corrupt guy, but it's always possible he's turned a blind eye to something bad (perhaps during Campbell Ogilvie's time at the SFA). Not sure what effect STF's walking away from Hibs at short notice might have - would we suddenly have to repay his soft loans, which I think we currently pay at £500k/annum, in a oner?

You would never get banned for telling the truth. You are making serious allegations now with no basis in fact. Back it up now it withdraw it.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Jesus.

Give me an opinionated poster any day, even if I totally disagree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Why don't you enlighten us all then, on what you think the Admins have to hide ?
    Just to be clear, I have not accused the admins of anything and I'm not sure why I'm involved. I was only pointing out that the admins should not be calling other posters names.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    I don't really buy the board's "we'd rather spend our time and energy on building Hibs' future than on contributing to an enquiry into Scottish fitba's governance" line. I don't see any reason why both couldn't be done concurrently, and am uneasy with the official Hibs statement.

The only way that I can see an enquiry operating against Hibs' interests is this. If something in RP's SFA past turned out to be so murky that he felt obliged to resign from not only the SFA but also from Hibs, then STF's involvement with Hibs might be compromised. I doubt whether RP himself is a corrupt guy, but it's always possible he's turned a blind eye to something bad (perhaps during Campbell Ogilvie's time at the SFA). Not sure what effect STF's walking away from Hibs at short notice might have - would we suddenly have to repay his soft loans, which I think we currently pay at £500k/annum, in a oner?
    Posted in more depth on another thread but maybe Petrie's motivations are to avoid making a fuss now so he is in a position to take the top job at the SFA when Regan goes and to drive change from inside?

pushing for an SFA enquiry could put him out of favour when the time comes when its unlikely that the enquiry will happen anyway.

I suspected for a long time that, given postings on the Holy Ground, High-On-Hibs was a Unionist funded mole deliberately discrediting the Indy movement. Starting to think they've been bunged a few extra quid to on behalf of the SFA & Huns.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    You would never get banned for telling the truth. You are making serious allegations now with no basis in fact. Back it up now it withdraw it.
    I posted up a previous post of yours from a few weeks ago, which was already setting the stage for the statement to be released. I won't withdraw it, because anyone who cares to look themselves can find it and other posts in the Rangers thread.

The fact that you're all getting so upset over it however doesn't look good. If it was a load of nonsense, you'd be able to just laugh it off as being just that. But instead you're getting yourselves worked up over it. Why is that? If it's just a load of rubbish i'm spouting, then why the unease?

You don't get truth on forums, you get opinions and it's my opinion that certain posters on here knew in advance what the statment was going to be about and posted accordingly in an attempt to dull the mood on the matter before the public release.

You're entitled to disagree, but i'm well within my right to hold this view. You can break your own rules by banning me, but again, it's doesn't look good.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

I posted up a previous post of yours from a few weeks ago, which was already setting the stage for the statement to be released. I won't withdraw it, because anyone who cares to look themselves can find it and other posts in the Rangers thread.

The fact that you're all getting so upset over it however doesn't look good. If it was a load of nonsense, you'd be able to just laugh it off as being just that. But instead you're getting yourselves worked up over it. Why is that? If it's just a load of rubbish i'm spouting, then why the unease?

You don't get truth on forums, you get opinions and it's my opinion that certain posters on here knew in advance what the statment was going to be about and posted accordingly in an attempt to dull the mood on the matter before the public release.

You're entitled to disagree, but i'm well within my right to hold this view. You can break your own rules by banning me, but again, it's doesn't look good.
    admit it, you own a tin-foil hat dont you?

I never knew anything in advance of the statement being made and wish hibs had never made one.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar

This could be the proverbial 'last straw'.....................

Ah! It was.
    Last edited by oldbutdim; 13-09-2017 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Too slow.................

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    Posted in more depth on another thread but maybe Petrie's motivations are to avoid making a fuss now so he is in a position to take the top job at the SFA when Regan goes and to drive change from inside?

pushing for an SFA enquiry could put him out of favour when the time comes when its unlikely that the enquiry will happen anyway.
    Makes sense, though I think Celtc will push and push and might yet achieve some sort of probe.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I never knew anything in advance of the statement being made and wish hibs had never made one.
    I agree. It was only ever going to stir up a hornets nest of those who are genuinely angry about this as well as those with an axe to grind.

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post

I see this a lot about Petrie. That he's playing the long game and that he will come good. Never happens. Sometimes you just have to accept that someone is not right for the role.

You can break your own rules by banning me, but again, it's doesn't look good.

Take a closer look at the rules

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Just to be clear, I have not accused the admins of anything and I'm not sure why I'm involved. I was only pointing out that the admins should not be calling other posters names.

I was responding to HighonHibs.

Just catching up as I've been really busy tonight. Obviously disappointed in Hibs but not surprised.
    Took me a while to read through the whole thread but have to say I'm very impressed with how quickly the 'move on' guys mobilised and the number of posts they have on the thread considering it's a subject they claim they have no interest in. It's almost as if it's co-ordinated. Impressive.

I can't speak for No7 so I'll only answer the conspiracy bit.
    high on hibs certainly picked up on your comment above as justification for his lies. If that's not what you meant I'm happy to accept that.

high on hibs certainly picked up on your comment above as justification for his lies. If that's not what you meant I'm happy to accept that.
    How do we know you're *not* #7? The truth is out there ...

My post can be taken in isolation and interpreted literally.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

I see this a lot about Petrie. That he's playing the long game and that he will come good. Never happens. Sometimes you just have to accept that someone is not right for the role.

As painful as it was at the time watching some dreadful players and managers on the park Petrie's penny pinching ways helped us not only survive through financial turmoil but come out the other end in a far better position with one of the very best infastructures in scottish football which we are starting to capitalise on now, ten years later.

Maybe if you took the time to read what people actually said in their posts rather than what you think they have said then you wouldn't come out with nonsense like this.
    On which ****ing planet would I be privy to inside knowledge from the club? Anybody that knows me will know how ridiculous that is.

For the record there's my response to you above. Aye, taking myself too seriously right enough.
    Calling you out for making up allegations with no basis in fact makes me guilty. Oh dear.
    Last edited by marinello59; 13-09-2017 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    How do we know you're *not* #7? The truth is out there ...
    I wasn't given a cool number