hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jamie MacLaren

Jamie MacLaren

Says in Scotsman that there is a clause in his contract that kicks in if his German team gets relegated. They are second bottom 3points behind with 3 games left. Could be here next year with Flo. Spotted the pair walking together towards Easter Road yesterday.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hart RIP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Says in Scotsman that there is a clause in his contract that kicks in if his German team gets relegated. They are second bottom 3points behind with 3 games left. Could be here next year with Flo. Spotted the pair walking together towards Easter Road yesterday.
    Fingers crossed. Really like the both of them

Getting Kamberi signed could be the key to getting Maclaren too. Would like us to take up the option to sign Kamberi asap, which presumably is as soon as the transfer window opens.

Can someone paste the article here? The Scotsman's website is incompatible with my phone

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    If they go down I suspect that they will be looking to offload as opposed to cash in.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    Can someone paste the article here? The Scotsman's website is incompatible with my phone
    You can’t cut and paste, but article says there’s a clause

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Maclaren has not given up on prolonging his stay in Leith, though. “I’d love to keep the partnership with Flo going. I’ve enjoyed it thoroughly here. Myself and Flo have hit it off. It seems to be that when he doesn’t score I do. We complement each other and I want to continue that. But there’s four games to go and that’s all I’m contracted to Hibs for. That’s all I can think about. It might come down to Damstadt’s position. If they’re relegated, a clause kicks in but it’s outwith my control.”

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...ltic-1-4728408

Quote Originally Posted by Nevi_SOL View Post
    Maclaren has not given up on prolonging his stay in Leith, though. “I’d love to keep the partnership with Flo going. I’ve enjoyed it thoroughly here. Myself and Flo have hit it off. It seems to be that when he doesn’t score I do. We complement each other and I want to continue that. But there’s four games to go and that’s all I’m contracted to Hibs for. That’s all I can think about. It might come down to Damstadt’s position. If they’re relegated, a clause kicks in but it’s outwith my control.”

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...ltic-1-4728408
    Straight from the horses mouth, good stuff

Straight from the horses mouth, good stuff
    Lennon being cagey on Kamberi though

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Lennon being cagey on Kamberi though
    Well it would be silly to say anything before it's confirmed

TheCat seems to be confident that he'll stay so Will be keeping my hopes up :)

Good display from MacLaren particularly as he had been ill.Lennon is right to be cagey.Don’t want to put all your cards on the table at the outset.

Well it would be silly to say anything before it's confirmed

TheCat seems to be confident that he'll stay so Will be keeping my hopes up :)
    Or maybe making sure Flo doesn’t switch off, which is unlikely anyway

Your wish is granted.

Jamie Maclaren almost missed out through illness but by the end of proceedings it was Celtic feeling sick. The Australian got himself into the right place at the right time to net the opening goal as Hibs won 2-1 at Easter Road and forced Celtic to place the title champagne back on ice.

The triumph also advanced the Leith club’s hopes of catching and leapfrogging Aberdeen and Rangers for second place, keeping them within three points of the Pittodrie side and level with Graeme Murty’s men, who play this afternoon.

But Maclaren, who has been a success since joining Hibs on loan in January, revealed he was a major doubt for the head to head. “I didn’t travel with the boys to the team hotel because I was sick, I had a stomach bug. But I was in touch with the staff, saying don’t rule me out. I really wanted to play in this game and I woke up on Saturday morning and went for a walk. I felt a little bit better but I had no energy from the start. I wasn’t well but adrenaline kicks in.

“I was honest with the manager before the game. He didn’t want me to let myself or my team-mates down so I told him I’d give him everything for as long as I could. He gave me trust and I gave it back.

“It’s important to have a manager who believes in you and Neil does with me. He gives everyone a sense of belief, whoever you’re playing against. Celtic will be champions but we were the better side today. We know what’s at stake now and it’s important we keep winning, especially at home.”

The victory makes the Hibs challenge impossible to ignore, while the form of both Maclaren, who has now netted in victories over Rangers, Celtic and derby rivals Hearts, and his strike-mate Florian Kamberi have elevated their gaffer’s desire to tie them up on longer-term deals.

Both men arrived in the winter transfer window and while there is an option on the Swiss player’s deal, there is no such clause they can activate in the Aussie’s contract. Which is a disappointment to both manager and player.

“We have an option on Kamberi and the more he plays the more we want do it,” said Lennon, delighted with the input from all his players on the day and well aware of the part played by the January signings in providing the clinical finish that had been lacking earlier in the campaign. “Maclaren could be a difficult one because he’s contracted to Darmstadt. We’re very pleased with what he’s brought – the two of them have been excellent as have the stalwarts.

“Stevenson and Hanlon were excellent as was Ambrose, he seems to play his best games against Celtic. I could not fault any of them and that’s what you need.

“I would imagine there will be a lot of interest in Kamberi but we have the option and at the minute we’re in control of that situation. There’s a set fee. It’s something we’d like to look at but we’ve got four games to go and that will depend on how the season finishes as well, that will dictate how much money we can and can’t spend.”

The 24-year-old has plenty to occupy him while matters are decided, assisting Hibs to finish on a high and securing his place in the Aussie World Cup squad for Russia. “If my performances are good, good things will happen. This could be the biggest few months of my career.”

Apologies for hijacking a Jamie thread but the Flo situation sounds very similar to the position we were in with Griffiths if I’m reading the Scotsman quote correctly?
    Don’t know the amount of the fee involved (assuming that’s what is holding us back from taking up the option early) but ‘once bitten, twice shy’ as the saying goes. Let’s hope it doesn’t come down to an odd £100K as to whether we sign or don’t sign Flo. I understand financially it has to be right but it must be worth the risk given how he has played so far?

Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Apologies for hijacking a Jamie thread but the Flo situation sounds very similar to the position we were in with Griffiths if I’m reading the Scotsman quote correctly?
    Don’t know the amount of the fee involved (assuming that’s what is holding us back from taking up the option early) but ‘once bitten, twice shy’ as the saying goes. Let’s hope it doesn’t come down to an odd £100K as to whether we sign or don’t sign Flo. I understand financially it has to be right but it must be worth the risk given how he has played so far?
    Hibs have said that they are happy with the fee in question

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Surely the fee and everything is agreed in advance in this kind of deal and it will now be a case of getting a suitable contract negotiated with Flo for him to stay on a permanent basis. He has done himself no harm in those talks by the way he has been playing and we must surely be looking to tie him in to a 3 or 4 year deal.

I don't recall us ever agreeing a fee for Griffiths though.

Maybe so, but my point was, were we not happy with the Griffiths fee but just didn’t/couldn’t pay it. Ended up being an error of judgement shall we say. Just wouldn’t want to see history repeating itself when we hold the cards.

Hibs are rightly playing down the Kamberi option.

It will be an option to buy him from his club at a set fee.

If Kamberi gets more and more publicity between now and end of season then what stops him wanting to sign for another club for more money.

Maclaren’s club do look like they are odds on to go down given only 3 games to go and in relegation place and 3 points behind. Wouldn’t surprise me if we can secure a deal in early stages of window. Again if he goes on and scores a few and is called up to World Cup squad our chance get slimmer.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Maclaren hasnt been a regular in Germany, in a struggling side, I'd say if Darmstadt got relegated, as seems likely, they will want to offload. Whether he ends up with us is another question of course but I'd be amazed if he made another appearance for Darmstadt.

Maybe so, but my point was, were we not happy with the Griffiths fee but just didn’t/couldn’t pay it. Ended up being an error of judgement shall we say. Just wouldn’t want to see history repeating itself when we hold the cards.
    As far as I know there was never a fee for a transfer in the Griffiths loan deal.The situation here is totally different.A transfer fee is already agreed and the question is whether an acceptable deal can be arranged between Hibs and the player which means we’re in a poker phase.

If Hibs have an option for Flo then it will be agreed with Grasshoppers and Kamberri himself. If it’s not, then the option is not worth the paper it’s written on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the Griffiths fee was out of our reach, where as the Kamberi one isn’t

What we don’t know is what sort of wage he’s on with his current club, does it fit in with our wage structure

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Hibs are rightly playing down the Kamberi option.

It will be an option to buy him from his club at a set fee.

If Kamberi gets more and more publicity between now and end of season then what stops him wanting to sign for another club for more money.
    His contract.

If he does get hyped up so much that a major club wants to throw silly money at us to take him off our hands (and by extension, unsettling Flo so he doesn't want to play for little Hibs no more), then won't we be able to win something by exercising the option and selling on instantly? We don't necessarily get a player, but we do get free money instead (albeit Grasshoppers probably gets a cut if we sell Flo on at a profit).

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    As far as I know there was never a fee for a transfer in the Griffiths loan deal.The situation here is totally different.A transfer fee is already agreed and the question is whether an acceptable deal can be arranged between Hibs and the player which means we’re in a poker phase.

Come on now. We all know the fee was £150k and Wolves even took Petrie out on the lash to persuade him to do the deal but the moustachioed one refused out of sheer stubbornness. FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Come on now. We all know the fee was £150k and Wolves even took Petrie out on the lash to persuade him to do the deal but the moustachioed one refused out of sheer stubbornness. FACT.

You’re right.I know that because I’ve read it on here many times.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

Not a FACT, it is a Hibs-net FACT!

Bet he's glad he picked us over Hearts. He must be doing his chances of getting in the Socceroos world cup squad a lot of good. A cheeky wee brace next week against Killie would go down a treat.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    We were never offered Griffiths.

It's an internet myth.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    It's almost the opposite from the Griffiths situation. With Griffiths the situation was that Wolves had an option to extend his contract for a year, which they took up. By doing so it meant he wasn't available to us any longer as they wanted a 7 figure sum to sell. Here the fee is already agreed between all parties, it's will be the individual player's negotiation still to come.

Even the article above, where MacLaren is talking about how Neil motivates and trusts the players, leads me to believe Flo will know exactly where we stand and negotiations will be quick. He himself talked about how grasshopper showed him disrespect but its very different here.