hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Their new main stand

Reading the latest yam statement about the difficulties arranging a match at short notice with all the building (Meccano) works going on, it got me thinking. Tough luck, everything they are doing is so they can don't have to reduce their match day capacity - maximising revenue. This also goes for their request to have a big chunk of their fixtures away from home at the start of next season to allow completion.

Surely with sporting integrity (an unheard of phrase down that way) that would leave them with quite a nice run of home fixtures at the crunch end of the season. Think Euro ties when its better to play at home last...

They could shut the stand for us playing their last week reducing our revenue but they won't do it their self.

I remember ER having sides closed during matches while we renovated, its the way it needs to be. Maybe let them request an way fixture at the start of the next season, but, they should get no special treatment just play at home with 3 stands.

2. Log in to remove the advert

No danger they'll need 4 stands.open for wednesday. Complaining about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No danger they'll need 4 stands.open for wednesday. Complaining about nothing.
    All their stands are open on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Lots of rumbly mumbles emerging from down Gorgie way at the moment about the practicalities of building that stand and getting rid of the old one. While I'm not claiming to be completely ITK, I'm hearing whispers that the contractors are getting a bit nervous about certain fundamental aspects of the job. If I was them, I'd also be concerned about the financing. While it's public knowledge that Mrs B has declared a shortfall, there doesn't appear to be any clear strategy either for raising those funds or getting the building to a functioning standard. The word 'shambles' has been mentioned in dispatches.

I'm mostly concerned with the request to stack all their home games to the second half of next season.

mind you it would be hilarious if the unexpected difficulties with the new build means they run out of cash.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Went and read the statement from the budgie woman.

Funniest bit for me being a programme collector is that they are not printing a programme for the game as there isn't enough time.

BUT they will print one retrospectively.

Might be the only programme ever to have a match report of the game in it.

Ye couldnae make it up.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Regarding the fixtures, whilst it would be tricky they could be sorted during the first round of games. Would absolutely expect them to be sorted by the end of the second round of games. So there will be no advantage as they fight for a top 6 place in the third round of fixtures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post
    Lots of rumbly mumbles emerging from down Gorgie way at the moment about the practicalities of building that stand and getting rid of the old one. While I'm not claiming to be completely ITK, I'm hearing whispers that the contractors are getting a bit nervous about certain fundamental aspects of the job. If I was them, I'd also be concerned about the financing. While it's public knowledge that Mrs B has declared a shortfall, there doesn't appear to be any clear strategy either for raising those funds or getting the building to a functioning standard. The word 'shambles' has been mentioned in dispatches.
    Think they are missing a trick by not moving the cup derby ( if they beat RR ) to Murrayfield ..... even taking into account the cost of hiring the stadium I could see a pile of cash to be made from a 40 to 50 thousand crowd which I'm convinced would turn up. A lot of people would be attracted by the novelty of a derby match being played there and as I pointed out on another thread the combined average for both clubs is topping 30,000 this season making a crowd well over that highly likely.

To be honest I cant see any problems for the Yams so far as building the stand over the current death trap goes .... its a fairly basic design and has been done before at other grounds ..... once the shell is up can they afford to finish it? only Budgie knows the answer to that one, but I can see another trip around the fans with the begging bowl coming up. The question is of course, how long will it be before the bucket comes up empty after being lowered to the bottom of that particular well

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    I doubt the SRU would give permission to play the tie at muddyfield. While Scotland are away in France that weekend it is mid 6 Nations and they probably don't want to risk damage to the pitch.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    I doubt the SRU would give permission to play the tie at muddyfield. While Scotland are away in France that weekend it is mid 6 Nations and they probably don't want to risk damage to the pitch.
    What are you suggesting? You think some fans might somehow become exuberant and go on the pitch?
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    What are you suggesting? You think some fans might somehow become exuberant and go on the pitch?

If and it is a big if, it would be purely down to exuberance with no malice at all.

But in all seriousness I can't see them giving over the stadium to the beautiful game when they are mid egg chasing tourny, I would however prefer it to be at muddyfield just so I can get a ticket.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Reading the latest yam statement about the difficulties arranging a match at short notice with all the building (Meccano) works going on, it got me thinking. Tough luck, everything they are doing is so they can don't have to reduce their match day capacity - maximising revenue. This also goes for their request to have a big chunk of their fixtures away from home at the start of next season to allow completion.

Surely with sporting integrity (an unheard of phrase down that way) that would leave them with quite a nice run of home fixtures at the crunch end of the season. Think Euro ties when its better to play at home last...

They could shut the stand for us playing their last week reducing our revenue but they won't do it their self.

I remember ER having sides closed during matches while we renovated, its the way it needs to be. Maybe let them request an way fixture at the start of the next season, but, they should get no special treatment just play at home with 3 stands.
    Talking about when we had our new stands built.Did we ever play a midweek game with an afternoon kick-off?

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    Talking about when we had our new stands built.Did we ever play a midweek game with an afternoon kick-off?
    Two that I can think of.

Falkirk and Motherwell

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Two that I can think of.

Falkirk and Motherwell
    Cheers I was convinced we had played midweek with afternoon or early kickoff.

Two that I can think of.

Falkirk and Motherwell

I was at that game and there was a crowd of 5,000, pretty decent for a Wednesday at 3pm

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    So with them building the new stand around the old one, does this mean that they are keeping the same seats etc that they currently use?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    So with them building the new stand around the old one, does this mean that they are keeping the same seats etc that they currently use?

No, they're just building the outer frame of the new stand around the current stand, then they're going to remove the current structure when the outer frame is finished.

IIRC, Liverpool did something similar.

EDIT: Here's a LINK to an article on the Liverpool Stand, with some photos that show how it was done.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 24-01-2017 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Not a hope - once they steal all of the old seats, it will be like having brand new living room furniture for the yak fans.....

So it's a smaller stand than the east. But with more seats. Is that right?

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I was at that game and there was a crowd of 5,000, pretty decent for a Wednesday at 3pm
    I remember having to skive school for that one!

Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    So it's a smaller stand than the east. But with more seats. Is that right?

Do you mean the height of the East Stand at ER?

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    I wonder if - and it's a big if - they beat Raith there is any scope for having their old stand at least partially open?

I'm also guessing a Derby will be moved from 3pm on the Saturday for TV purposes...

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Do you mean the height of the East Stand at ER?

I'm thinking it will be overall in total dimensions smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    I'm thinking it will be overall in total dimensions smaller.

I think it's going to be the same height as their other three stands, so the gradient of the seating area will have to be lower, but yeah, the capacity is going to be about 1k higher than the East Stand at ER.

Revenue is going to become an increasing issue for Hearts, so if they could get Muddyfield for a song from the SRU, they would dive at it. I suspect the SRU will have there ideas though and we'll see frantic council shenanigans resulting in the battering of Yam lungs with asbestos one more time.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Not a hope - once they steal all of the old seats, it will be like having brand new living room furniture for the yak fans.....
    Does that include the one covered in what looks like bird crap that someone posted somewhere earlier?

Well I hope its bird crap though I do accept that quite a few of the regulars down there aren't toilet trained yet.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Think they are missing a trick by not moving the cup derby ( if they beat RR ) to Murrayfield ..... even taking into account the cost of hiring the stadium I could see a pile of cash to be made from a 40 to 50 thousand crowd which I'm convinced would turn up. A lot of people would be attracted by the novelty of a derby match being played there and as I pointed out on another thread the combined average for both clubs is topping 30,000 this season making a crowd well over that highly likely.

To be honest I cant see any problems for the Yams so far as building the stand over the current death trap goes .... its a fairly basic design and has been done before at other grounds ..... once the shell is up can they afford to finish it? only Budgie knows the answer to that one, but I can see another trip around the fans with the begging bowl coming up. The question is of course, how long will it be before the bucket comes up empty after being lowered to the bottom of that particular well
    Doubt they'd get permission to move it to Murrayfield. Wanting to make more cash isn't one of the reasons why a tie can be moved, and doubt tincastle would be any less safe than it was last weekend.
    ​#PERSEVERED

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Two that I can think of.

Falkirk and Motherwell
    We played the old Rangers on a Wednesday afternoon at ER in the mid 70's I think, but can't remember why.....................

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    We played the old Rangers on a Wednesday afternoon at ER in the mid 70's I think, but can't remember why.....................
    Maybe during the general strike with all the power cuts etc.?
    ​#PERSEVERED

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    Maybe during the general strike with all the power cuts etc.?
    Yep, I remember that. The 3 day week
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.