hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Working Together - Ticketing

Looks like there's something brewing at last.

The Club are looking to put a small working group together made up of Club Staff, Supporter Directors and supporters to look at club ticketing, processes and procedures.

As members of Working Together, you regularly come together to meet and work with the club to ensure we collectively share ideas to help the club continue to move forward in all areas. As this is a specific area the club are looking to progress at the moment, we would like to invite those who would be interested in getting involved to put their names forward for consideration, and, to meet at the stadium at 6pm ahead of the next Working Together Meeting on 29th October.

We are looking at a concise smaller group to take this project forward and it will involve a commitment to meet at 6pm weekly each Monday, for up to 4-6 consecutive weeks immediately thereafter, starting on 5th November. We are looking at involving a maximum of four supporters in this group.
    From the wording it looks like they might be drawing from existing Working Together members (for want of a better description) but there are few on here who always have an opinion on ticketing who should consider getting involved.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Seems a good time for a "bump".

@hibs.net private member
    Will the remit include some form of Loyalty Scheme. If not there isn't much point imo. You may be able to get better than the appalling eticketing offering and just as bad telephone service but it will end up with a lottery and huge numbers of fans wasting their time. Time is quite important to many of us and most of us would like to avoid the emotional roller coaster that is derby day ticket day. I have always got a ticket either pre or post loyalty so have not been disadvantaged but it still p's me off about the amount of time wasted and my mates missing tickets despite going to more away games than me

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will the remit include some form of Loyalty Scheme. If not there isn't much point imo. You may be able to get better than the appalling eticketing offering and just as bad telephone service but it will end up with a lottery and huge numbers of fans wasting their time. Time is quite important to many of us and most of us would like to avoid the emotional roller coaster that is derby day ticket day. I have always got a ticket either pre or post loyalty so have not been disadvantaged but it still p's me off about the amount of time wasted and my mates missing tickets despite going to more away games than me

With such strong views, you really should go to the meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post

From the wording it looks like they might be drawing from existing Working Together members (for want of a better description) but there are few on here who always have an opinion on ticketing who should consider getting involved.
    Could they look at the catering the PA system / tannoy also to help improve match day experience ?

Whatever is decided with regards to a loyalty point system it would be good for the club to let it be known how much it costs and if they expect it to result in lower season ticket sales. That way people’s opinions one way or another would be more informed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    I’d like to get involved (particularly if Away attendees and some points system are on the agenda) but 6pm on a Monday night is too tight for me.
    I will be at the AGM on Wednesday though.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Whatever is decided with regards to a loyalty point system it would be good for the club to let it be known how much it costs and if they expect it to result in lower season ticket sales. That way people’s opinions one way or another would be more informed.

I’m sure Hearts could tell us - they run theirs quite successfully. Maybe just a better communication up front would lessen the costs - I’ve yet to hear a Hearts fan that doesn’t understand how it works.

@hibs.net private member
    The meeting is about all ticketing matters. It is not a one off meeting so do not expect a resolution on the day.

It will take about 5-6 weeks of meetings and commitment from the fans involved. I doubt a perfect solution will be found so please don’t have a go at anyone who has tried and given up their time trying to get one.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    The meeting is about all ticketing matters. It is not a one off meeting so do not expect a resolution on the day.

It will take about 5-6 weeks of meetings and commitment from the fans involved. I doubt a perfect solution will be found so please don’t have a go at anyone who has tried and given up their time trying to get one.
    I’d have liked to attend too, but 2 of the few 3 weeks it’s on, we have Development games in the afternoon at Kilmarnock

@hibs.net private member

Correct. Hopefully there’s a good turnout otherwise I suspect the club might say everyone’s happy with the arrangements as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Correct. Hopefully there’s a good turnout otherwise I suspect the club might say everyone’s happy with the arrangements as they are.
    I doubt that will be an issue. The working together group designed the last LP system and are keen to see it back. That’s not a dig btw.
    Whatever is decided needs communicated properly though.

Where was this message published ?

It would be nice to have some engagement from the fans reps on this.

I doubt that will be an issue. The working together group designed the last LP system and are keen to see it back. That’s not a dig btw.

When loyalty points were initially discussed on here it was with a view to rewarding walk up supporters at ER who were spending money at our own club but got no ticket priorities. They were totallly ignored. Hopefully somebody speaks up for them this time.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member

Correct - communication is vital so folk understand it and aren’t pestering the club.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Where was this message published ?

It would be nice to have some engagement from the fans reps on this.
    I got an email - think I’m on the mailing list from a few years ago.

Working Together - Ticketing

1. Get the loyalty points back for next season. Keep it very simple (like Hearts’)

If they can’t do 1. they need to get the ‘queuing’ on the ticketing system fixed. People were trying to get tickets at the back of 12 and never but others logged in after 2pm and got seats together. Clearly doesn’t work.

Having the LP back in place would solve most of the queuing issues

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    1. Get the loyalty points back for next season. Keep it very simple (like Hearts’)

If they can’t do 1. they need to get the ‘queuing’ on the ticketing system fixed. People were trying to get tickets at the back of 12 and never but others logged in after 2pm and got seats together. Clearly doesn’t work.

Having the LP back in place would solve most of the queuing issues

Today wasn’t a distribution problem, it was a major techical **** up. The last couple of sales at Tynie went relatively smoothly compared to today.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Today wasn’t a distribution problem, it was a major techical **** up. The last couple of sales at Tynie went relatively smoothly compared to today.
    Depends on your view of smoothly. Every time I have went to get tickets via eticketing when you log in appears to be irrelevant to when you are served. It is akin to walking up to the front of the queue at Tesco the minute you are finished shopping while others are held at the back waiting for an opportunity to join the queue regardless of when they finished their shopping. The system is appalling when at its best

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    With such strong views, you really should go to the meeting.
    i was hoping to get an answer to whether Loyalty Points will be included in discussions. If they are then I would consider it. If not then then club have already partially made their mind up and decided loyalty and supporter's views are secondary and business is what comes first. No point going imo unless there is an open discussion to include all options for ticketing.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post

Publicity stunt to take heat off at AGM. Fans were trying n this before have been invited back. They wanted loyalty scheme. Have been told loyalty scheme isn’t coming back. Wasting time. Club surely no how to improve current e ticket system

Left by mutual consent!
    i was hoping to get an answer to whether Loyalty Points will be included in discussions. If they are then I would consider it. If not then then club have already partially made their mind up and decided loyalty and supporter's views are secondary and business is what comes first. No point going imo unless there is an open discussion to include all options for ticketing.
    Bombard Dempster saying not buying season ticket next year if LP isn’t the installed. That approach worked last time, when it was scrapped

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancehibs View Post
    Bombard Dempster saying not buying season ticket next year if LP isn’t the installed. That approach worked last time, when it was scrapped
    I'll buy a season ticket regardless. To me LD was unbelievably weak if that was the reason she stopped the scheme, as were those threatening not to buy one. The only thing that would stop me getting a ST would be inability to go to games. That happened when the kids came along and my wife worked weekends. Not likely now and I was here before LD had a brain fart about ticketing and will be here after she has went on to further her career. She has been wonderful for the club but ticketing is a vital component where she is failing miserably.

Depends on your view of smoothly. Every time I have went to get tickets via eticketing when you log in appears to be irrelevant to when you are served. It is akin to walking up to the front of the queue at Tesco the minute you are finished shopping while others are held at the back waiting for an opportunity to join the queue regardless of when they finished their shopping. The system is appalling when at its best
    I have had to use online ticketing for longer than most due to my location , physical queuing was not an option. It has always worked much better than today. I’m an old man so I guess I’m a bit more patient about waiting to get served. Some were throwing tantrums at 12:20 today.

Which Director's brief covers ticketing?

They should head up the WT meeting and not stick one of the fans reps up front to take the flak.

Leading from the front, and all that.

@hibs.net private member
    Tracey (fan director) says on twitter that this group will not be discussing LP coming back but a group to review ticketing.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    How would I do it, I would go for a hybrid AST/loyalty points scheme. Our lowest seat availability is Ibrox(approx 900 tickets)so I would go for -
    AST - get 300
    Loyalty Points- 300 to the highest loyalty Points excluding AST members
    Season ticket holders-300 excluding the above categories
    General sale- for any tickets left
    The amount of tickets available to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th categories would change depending on the amount of tickets available for each away game. I would certainly try to have at least 33% available for the 3rd category

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    How would I do it, I would go for a hybrid AST/loyalty points scheme. Our lowest seat availability is Ibrox(approx 900 tickets)so I would go for -
    AST - get 300
    Loyalty Points- 300 to the highest loyalty Points excluding AST members
    Season ticket holders-300 excluding the above categories
    General sale- for any tickets left
    The amount of tickets available to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th categories would change depending on the amount of tickets available for each away game. I would certainly try to have at least 33% available for the 3rd category
    Loyalty points would make the away season ticket scheme irrelevant and it could be scrapped.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    What has come over from this and various other threads is that people have different ideas as to what should qualify for loyalty.

I wish it was easy to state what did. No matter what is arranged we will still have people complaining. All over 3-4 games a season.

@hibs.net private member
    What has come over from this and various other threads is that people have different ideas as to what should qualify for loyalty.

I wish it was easy to state what did. No matter what is arranged we will still have people complaining. All over 3-4 games a season.
    Copy and paste the hearts one - works well and they all understand it. Be clear on what’s included and what’s not.