hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    My Uncle is the reason I am a Hibby. He is a proud Leither but I have never stayed in that sunny town. I took a look recently though and Easter Road has always been closer to where I live than the PBS.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hibs family

My father was a Rangers fan (a decent, fair-minded one I might add); he took me and my elder brother to see Hibs play Rangers in 1961. They beat us but my brother and I became Hibs fans that day. which our dad accepted in good part. Now I go to the games with my son and grandson. It is a great family club and family can be anywhere. I've seen Hibs cheated by other teams, I've seen them cheated by officials, seen them dismissed by the media, seen them win against the odds, I've seen starships off Orion's Belt...where am I going with this? Oh yes, I've seen Hibs lose out to lesser teams and all the worst elements of Scottish football but I have never felt that anyone was better than Hibs. I appreciate that there are millions of football fans who feel the same way about their teams but very few with more good reasons. Play the Hibs way.

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Growing up I wasn't really a fan of any team. My granddad, who I adored, was a hun, so I'd look out for their results. I moved to Drummond high in 97, and not long after started going to hibs games. I have two mates to thank for putting me on the right road; Iain Denniston and Stewart Robertson - hibs class!!

Quote Originally Posted by tomf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My father was a Rangers fan (a decent, fair-minded one I might add); he took me and my elder brother to see Hibs play Rangers in 1961. They beat us but my brother and I became Hibs fans that day. which our dad accepted in good part. Now I go to the games with my son and grandson. It is a great family club and family can be anywhere. I've seen Hibs cheated by other teams, I've seen them cheated by officials, seen them dismissed by the media, seen them win against the odds, I've seen starships off Orion's Belt...where am I going with this? Oh yes, I've seen Hibs lose out to lesser teams and all the worst elements of Scottish football but I have never felt that anyone was better than Hibs. I appreciate that there are millions of football fans who feel the same way about their teams but very few with more good reasons. Play the Hibs way.
    Great post

My dad was born and bred in Grove Street, grew up a Jambo but didn't go to the games. My uncle, however, lived in McDonald Road and was a regular at Easter Road and thankfully, he rescued my brother and I and the rest is history. I also had the misfortune to grow up in Hearts area and attend a school populated by them during the Miller years....

The nearest claim I have to Leith is being born in the Elsie Inglis but it matters not a jot. GGTTH.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Why would folk have a go at you? Unlike other teams, we are not niche nor focussed upon a certain element/s within society! As you know, we are a far reaching family and community club who stretch to reach out to many with an inclusive approach.

like you but as a 48 year old, I learned about Hibs at my local primary school
    I'm surprised you were still able to attend your local primary school as a 48 year old!

Have never lived in Edinburgh but grew up if Fife and had an uncle that lived in Easter Rd who took me to get a lift over the turnstiles Never looked back after that ,and when I moved to the West coast aged 19 ,still supported Hibs .Never had any problem except when I was 15 someone mistook me for someone that was in the Young Leith Team ( whoever you are I took a doing for you )
    Love Leith and always feel at home there when visiting .

Sorry lads I did indeed have a few sherbets last night and apologies if anyone was offended.

Non Edinburgh Hibee and proud of it.

GGTTH.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    Sorry lads I did indeed have a few sherbets last night and apologies if anyone was offended.

GGTTH.
    Nah, you got a good wee thread going!

It's inspired me to write to Hibs telling them that since the missus and me were born in Leith, lived our very early lives there and were also married in the Assembly rooms we are bloody annoyed that the club haven't been in touch about putting some statues of us up outside the ground.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

For someone who has never lived in Edinburgh I consider the area around ER my spiritual home and I have many pre and post match memories both good and bad.

Nothing will ever beat walking down London Road onto Easter Road then Albion Road.

GGTTH.
    Don't think anyone was offended. Glad to have you and many more like you on board for the ride.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Testimonial Due
    Brought up in Joppa. Dad is a hibby and my uncle was (died young but we'll known amongst the casuals I believe, I look a bit like him and been approached many times asking if I'm related)

Both my grandads were hibbies with one being good mates with Tom Hart. He is still going strong at 93.

Father in laws first question was "what football team do you support" (that's 3PMs dad)

Now have two girls one is 4 and one 6 months old. 4 year old been to her first game against Dumbarton this year and loves them.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Hibs are the best thing there has ever been. Nothing will ever compare. Proud to be part of it all

Left by mutual consent!
    I grew up in West lothian to Glaswegian parents and started following Hibernian in 1984 thanks to my Hibee schoolmate.

Have a go at me. Insult me for not being a Leither and have a dig all you want but as a 45 year old man I will love Hibernian FC as much as any of you Edinburgers will.

I will always be proud to say I support Hibernian.

GGTTH.
    My club, you're club... A'bdys club

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Hibs are the best thing there has ever been. Nothing will ever compare. Proud to be part of it all
    Even better than millionaire shortcake? I think we're getting a bit carried away now

:D

Has he sobered up yet?

Left by mutual consent!
    Grew up in Gorgie but the loyalties of me & my family were never in doubt.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I was born in Longstone and my Dad supported Celtic. I chose Hibs over Hearts purely at random.

Do I win?

Great post!

I grew up in West lothian to Glaswegian parents and started following Hibernian in 1984 thanks to my Hibee schoolmate.

Have a go at me. Insult me for not being a Leither and have a dig all you want but as a 45 year old man I will love Hibernian FC as much as any of you Edinburgers will.

GGTTH.
    Many a good Hibbie came out of West Lothian. We traveled on the Bathgate and District Hibs Supporters Club bus run by Willie Kay. Calling at Uphall, Bathgate , Armadale etc on a bus out of Harthill . All aboard ! Hun central in those days.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ben johnson View Post
    Many a good Hibbie came out of West Lothian. We traveled on the Bathgate and District Hibs Supporters Club bus run by Willie Kay. Calling at Uphall, Bathgate , Armadale etc on a bus out of Harthill . All aboard ! Hun central in those days.

i think billy passed away a couple of years ago, i think i've saw billy junior at ER a couple of times but not saw him around town lately so not sure if he's even still in the area these days

I was born in Elsie Inglis at Abbeyhill and lived in Meadowfield/ Willowbrae so technically I'm not a Leither - does that mean I qualify for half loyalty points????

The strange thing is I don't ever remember anyone referring to Hibs as from Leith until about the late 80s. Am I imagining that?

EZ

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    True story: My Grandad was a Rangers fan, he took my dad and his brother to see Hibs v Rangers in 1961, and my dad decided to follow Hibs.

I now take my son with me and my dad to Easter Road.

Happy Christmas!

Talking

GGTTH.
    Relax! I am Uber Hibby. I grew up a mile fae the ground in a family of generations of Hibbies.

I decree that your Hibbyness is authentic and cannot be refuted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Pft!

Think you've got problems?

I'M ENGLISH!
    I know the feeling, and Im not even English! Hibiness exists beyond nationality, creed or any other identity. I think I even know some Hearts fans, who, deep in their souls are Hibees.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Is it possible to buy some as I was born in Leith and have hardly got any!
    They are easy to get on the black market.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    My name is Keith and that rhymes with Leith so I am uber from England.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    My name is Keith and that rhymes with Leith so I am uber from England.
    My name is Dave which doesn't rhyme with PBS so I'm ever more uber and I live in England.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by eezyrider View Post
    I was born in Elsie Inglis at Abbeyhill and lived in Meadowfield/ Willowbrae so technically I'm not a Leither - does that mean I qualify for half loyalty points????The strange thing is I don't ever remember anyone referring to Hibs as from Leith until about the late 80s. Am I imagining that?EZ
    My dad was born in Elsie Inglis too and is the reason me and all my extended family support our beloved club. He used to take as many as 6 of us and more to Hibs Kids games and always seemed to be able to get us tickets for most of the big games.He was brought up in West Pilton and he never considered them a Leith club.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    My name is Dave which doesn't rhyme with PBS so I'm ever more uber and I live in England.
    Why do they call you Dave.........Rodney

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Why do they call you Dave.........Rodney
    How long have you had that brush?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!