hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So because we aren't shifting a lot Quickly in the South they must be considering keeping the option open of giving Aberdeen more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last game against them at ER, they only sold tickets for half of section 27 as well, to keep a no-mans land between the fans. They must be planning on doing the same this time.

As an aside, how do most of the west coast Hibbies travel to games? Do you meet up beforehand? It'd be a nice change not to be going through on my own, as per usual :-)

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    So because we aren't shifting a lot Quickly in the South they must be considering keeping the option open of giving Aberdeen more

Aberdeen has sold out their allocation, so maybe they're just dishing out more tickets block by block.

First Team Breakthrough madhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    The last game against them at ER, they only sold tickets for half of section 27 as well, to keep a no-mans land between the fans. They must be planning on doing the same this time.

As an aside, how do most of the west coast Hibbies travel to games? Do you meet up beforehand? It'd be a nice change not to be going through on my own, as per usual :-)
    Lots of us travel but not together for home (i.e. Edinburgh) games. We usually only meet up at away games. Are you a member of the Westies Facebook page? There is where the contacts are made.

Vinni is your man but buses only tend to be run for further away trips
    I am in Arran but traveling back to Paisley Friday night to go to a concert and will be getting train through from Glasgow Will see if I can find out what Train the guys are getting
    Vinnie if you see this reply on here as when i e mail it doesn't seem to get to you

Quote Originally Posted by Aim Here View Post
    Aberdeen has sold out their allocation, so maybe they're just dishing out more tickets block by block.
    They will sell the South so that there is half a section between the Home and Visitor fans until the bottom is filled. One filled they will start selling upstairs again keeping at least half a section as a buffer and ensuring no opposing fans sit above the others fans. Makes sense but means you lose out on ptentially 500+ sales
    Last edited by hibbyfraelibby; 13-02-2018 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    They will sell the South so that there is half a section between the Home and Visitor fans u til the bottom is filled. One filled they will start selling upstairs again keeping at least half a section as a buffer and ensuring no opposing fans sit above the others fans. Makes sense but means you lose out on pitentially 500+ sales

Worth it to dilute their attendance, and to have Hibees on all four sides of home!

I cannae make the game on Saturday as I'm on holiday. I normally give it to a friend but totally forgot. How do I let the club know to release my seat to sell on?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam Miller View Post
    I cannae make the game on Saturday as I'm on holiday. I normally give it to a friend but totally forgot. How do I let the club know to release my seat to sell on?
    Send an email to the below address, giving your seat and client ref no’s

tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk

Ask them to confirm your email

Section 27 of the South lower now on sale to Hibs fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Send an email to the below address, giving your seat and client ref no’s

tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk

Ask them to confirm your email
    Cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Agreed. He wouldn't survive the Premier League of the Edinburgh Amateurs, never mind the SPFL if a hard tackle was enough to knock him off his game.

Sometimes I think football fans are the most knowledgable fans of any sport, at other times the daftness of people's "insight" astonishes me.
    To be fair you're not offering any "insight" yourself.

You've made a vague references to suggest you're "involved with the game" which is the classic defence around here for "You're not allowed an opinion because you haven't played/coached/refed".

British football has a reputation is either allowing or having an appetite for more physical challenges in the game than some other big leagues.
    Plently of good players have come to British football, not looked great here and moved elsewhere and looked amazing.

There are probably a lot of different reasons behind that (some of those players are probably just ****ing cold) but some of those players just don't like an overly physical game and for whether it's courage or mentality they don't play to the level they can after. Doesn't mean they're poor players or that they can't have a successful career in football.

I'll stick by the assertion that GMS is a player who will be significantly less effective and involved with a match if a heavy challenge is fresh in his mind - he's more likely to be thinking of simple offloads of the ball rather than pulling an impressive trick out his locker and skipping past a player.

To be clear I'm not advocating injuring him and I'm not suggesting we take the hearts playbook of kicking teams off the park.

However you cut it up though we cannot allow GMS to do what he did in the last game where we made him look like ****ing Ronaldo.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    To be fair you're not offering any "insight" yourself.

You've made a vague references to suggest you're "involved with the game" which is the classic defence around here for "You're not allowed an opinion because you haven't played/coached/refed".

British football has a reputation is either allowing or having an appetite for more physical challenges in the game than some other big leagues.
    Plently of good players have come to British football, not looked great here and moved elsewhere and looked amazing.

There are probably a lot of different reasons behind that (some of those players are probably just ****ing cold) but some of those players just don't like an overly physical game and for whether it's courage or mentality they don't play to the level they can after. Doesn't mean they're poor players or that they can't have a successful career in football.

I'll stick by the assertion that GMS is a player who will be significantly less effective and involved with a match if a heavy challenge is fresh in his mind - he's more likely to be thinking of simple offloads of the ball rather than pulling an impressive trick out his locker and skipping past a player.

To be clear I'm not advocating injuring him and I'm not suggesting we take the hearts playbook of kicking teams off the park.

However you cut it up though we cannot allow GMS to do what he did in the last game where we made him look like ****ing Ronaldo.
    My insight was that you need bawz to play the game at any level and that any player who doesn't fancy the physical aspect would never make it past the primary school team. It's a hard game and shrinking violets will wilt.

Of course there are players who relish the physicality more than others, but i would suggest all players who make the grade in our game have the capacity to cope with a few thumping tackles. As far as I know GMS is la product of the Scottish game.

Players who come from elsewhere and struggle with pace and physical aspects of our game, slightly different arguement there.

Either way, the key to stopping GMS is for Lewis to play at his best and for us as a team to limit opportunity for the swimmer to show his undoubted talent.

@hibs.net private member
    Back on. topic, have released my seat in S43

Only 127 tickets left (all in the South Stand) and its got to be expected that there will not be any ticket sales on the day to Hibs fans.

Attendance probably 19,500 ish?

First Team Breakthrough madhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieCowan View Post
    Only 127 tickets left (all in the South Stand) and its got to be expected that there will not be any ticket sales on the day to Hibs fans.

Attendance probably 19,500 ish?

I assume Hibs will still be able to release sections 31 and 32 in the South Stand (the top tier sections above the two lower tiers currently available in the South Stand for Hibs fans) which should make around another 600 tickets available for Hibs fans. So if these were all sold plus the around 120 currently available the attendance would be around 19,500 with the balance to the ground capacity lost due to segregation seats between Hibs and Aberdeen fans not offered for sale.

My guess is around 19,200 will be the attendance, slightly higher than the last match against the Dons? Not sure why there shouldn’t be tickets available on the day for Hibs fans?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madhibby View Post
    I assume Hibs will still be able to release sections 31 and 32 in the South Stand (the top tier sections above the two lower tiers currently available in the South Stand for Hibs fans) which should make around another 600 tickets available for Hibs fans. So if these were all sold plus the around 120 currently available the attendance would be around 19,500 with the balance to the ground capacity lost due to segregation seats between Hibs and Aberdeen fans not offered for sale.

My guess is around 19,200 will be the attendance, slightly higher than the last match against the Dons? Not sure why there shouldn’t be tickets available on the day for Hibs fans?
    Hibs have said no sales on day.

Excellent news....another (close) to sell out.

Won't be able to attend myself so contacted the ticket office to ask them to release our 3 tickets in the FF and they came back sharpish saying they would. Good to see others who are unable to make it doing the same.

Will be there in spirit hoping for another 3pts....GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by madhibby View Post

A tyney 20 k

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Hibs have said no sales on day.
    Are there ever many waalk ups on the day? I can't imagine why there would be.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Callum7's Avatar
    119 left.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

Not thaat maany usuaally.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I would be surprised if it’s anything less than 500 depending on who we are playing

@hibs.net private member Callum7's Avatar
    105 left.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Not thaat maany usuaally.
    STFU you!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Think the attendance will be 19/5/16 😁
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    What's the significance of that?

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!

What happened on that date? 😐

on a three day bender before you arrived at Hampden?

Thursdays before the final are always the best