hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Relegation Dogfight

What more can we supporters do to keep our team in the SPL?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Gogs43 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had a ticket for S43 yesterday and we need another 6000 fans to join this group, that might help.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    Support the team, that's all 99% of us can do...

Do you have perhaps........ £10 million?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nando™ View Post
    Support the team, that's all 99% of us can do...
    Chuck coins at them..

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Slenj.=] View Post
    Chuck coins at them..
    Dinnae get me started on those utter ***** mate, I'd rather be a hun than a coin-chucker.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

In short get right behind the team.

Accentuate the positives
    Dont let the frustration spill out of control

Seize the moment when it comes eg Stacky pen save, equaliser

First Team Regular

We could submit posts with positive criticisisms as opposed to the more frequent negative criticism. Provide moral and vocal support at matches. Players are most likely to read these columns. If I was one of them, and while playing I would have significantly increased anxiety levels,experience panic,reduced adrenaline levels, reduced physical strength, make mistakes,hide and hope my colleagues take over my responsibilities.Basically I would be s--t scared. My behaviour on the field would equate with how the Hibs team has performed over the past 3/4 years. I cant imagine any Hibs player looking forward to playing in front of Hibs supporters at Easter Road.

The players don't like the atmosphere at home, Fife and co made that clear at the recent forum.

Caught myself screaming abuse recently but now I'm starting to question the impact that's having on their confidence.

@hibs.net private member
    The players don't like the atmosphere at home, Fife and co made that clear at the recent forum.

Caught myself screaming abuse recently but now I'm starting to question the impact that's having on their confidence.
    Let's be honest - the players are responsible for the atmosphere (or lack of it) that we have at ER.
    For a 15 minute spell, or thereabouts on Monday, they showed a bit of commitment and passion and the fans responded in kind. Much more of this is required from both if we're to get out of the mess we're in.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nando™ View Post
    Dinnae get me started on those utter ***** mate, I'd rather be a hun than a coin-chucker.
    Steady...

Quote Originally Posted by killie-hibby View Post
    We could submit posts with positive criticisisms as opposed to the more frequent negative criticism. Provide moral and vocal support at matches. Players are most likely to read these columns. If I was one of them, and while playing I would have significantly increased anxiety levels,experience panic,reduced adrenaline levels, reduced physical strength, make mistakes,hide and hope my colleagues take over my responsibilities.Basically I would be s--t scared. My behaviour on the field would equate with how the Hibs team has performed over the past 3/4 years. I cant imagine any Hibs player looking forward to playing in front of Hibs supporters at Easter Road.
    Maybe they should get different jobs then, maybe plumbers or something?
    Stop pampering them: they do not have tough lives!
    They got us into this mess: they can get us out of it - booing fans are not THE problem!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    Steady...
    Ok slight exaggeration

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    They got us into this mess: they can get us out of it - booing fans are not THE problem!

Booing Hibs at home games increases the oppositions confidence,and at the same time drains the confidence of the home team. The current Hibs squad would benefit more from a psychologist than a boot up the arse. It would not surprise me if most of the Hibs players wished they were plumbers.
    IMOP those who boo are helping the opposition.

Booing Hibs at home games increases the oppositions confidence,and at the same time drains the confidence of the home team. The current Hibs squad would benefit more from a psychologist than a boot up the arse. It would not surprise me if most of the Hibs players wished they were plumbers.
    IMOP those who boo are helping the opposition.
    Disagree - anyone would think Hibs were booed from the moment they step on to the field - they're booed (not by me BTW, I've never actually booed my team) after performing badly, not before it. If they want it to stop: start delivering! If they don't have the mental strength and ability to deal with a few people in a sparsely filled ground booing at them every so often then they are in the wrong career. They should apply themselves more professionally to the job they are in and then they would be able to cope with it at all levels.

I don't think booing is an issue: it shouldn't be one and anyone using it as one is avoiding the real issues at the heart of the club's problems.

First Team Regular
    Disagree - anyone would think Hibs were booed from the moment they step on to the field - they're booed (not by me BTW, I've never actually booed my team) after performing badly, not before it. If they want it to stop: start delivering! If they don't have the mental strength and ability to deal with a few people in a sparsely filled ground booing at them every so often then they are in the wrong career. They should apply themselves more professionally to the job they are in and then they would be able to cope with it at all levels.

I don't think booing is an issue: it shouldn't be one and anyone using it as one is avoiding the real issues at the heart of the club's problems.

In the past 2/3 years booing has been rife at Easter Road. Mostly directed towards the team. This gives more confidence to the opposing team while having a negative effect on Hibs. It was you that raised the subject of booing,not me. Like yourself I dont boo the team or players. Booing is an issue when considering team confidence, but not an issue when looking at the real problems created by the clubs directors in their failure to give equal focus on team and financial performance.

The away sides are confident at ER, because Hibs are mince. They know hibs can't defend and right through the side there is no quality. That's why away sides fancy there chances before even stepping on the pitch, bugger all to do with a few boooo's.
    Also, as all other sides are better than us, they enjoy our pitch.

It is vile at ER at times, and my last game (Killie) there were hordes who left the East after Killie opened the scoring in 35 minutes!! WTF?!?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    It is vile at ER at times, and my last game (Killie) there were hordes who left the East after Killie opened the scoring in 35 minutes!! WTF?!?
    Cause the majority of folk that left probably go more than twice a season and are sick and tired of watching us getting humped at home

In the past 2/3 years booing has been rife at Easter Road. Mostly directed towards the team. This gives more confidence to the opposing team while having a negative effect on Hibs. It was you that raised the subject of booing,not me. Like yourself I dont boo the team or players. Booing is an issue when considering team confidence, but not an issue when looking at the real problems created by the clubs directors in their failure to give equal focus on team and financial performance.
    Yeah - just used "booing" as a catch-all term for the negativity on the board and at ER - laziness on my part really...

How about eleven of us playing every week

It's common knowledge amongst SPL teams that if you score a goal against Hibs at ER the crowd will get on the players backs.

I was told that by 2 coaches at St Johnstone. Apparently similar was said by Butcher and Lennon

We may not like it - but it's a fact.

The players know it
    The opposition know it
    Our manager and board know it

and it contributes to why we are languishing at the bottom of the SPL

Left by mutual consent!
    It's common knowledge amongst SPL teams that if you score a goal against Hibs at ER the crowd will get on the players backs.

I was told that by 2 coaches at St Johnstone. Apparently similar was said by Butcher and Lennon

The players know it
    The opposition know it

I forgot it was the fans fault that we're in this mess

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    I am almost at a dead end, I have bought shares in the club, I buy nearly everything out the Hibs store, I bought club membership, I go to every game I can possibly go to, and as I'm based near Bedford, it's quite costly getting back and forth.

So as far as I can see I'm pumping in as much cash as I can afford into the club,so isn't it about time the board were taking my example and pumping in some money so that we can get the players want/need/deserve.

Off to get my ticket for Cowdenbeath, see you all there.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    I forgot it was the fans fault that we're in this mess
    I don't think that's what they are saying. I actually agree with them in the sense that maybe it's not the fans fault we are pish, but we could definately do more to help the team. I mean if you go to work and have customers screaming abuse at you, booing you and saying "I can shout what I like, I pay your wages" to you throughout your shift then I'm sure you would go a little bit mental.

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    You're correct the booing fans are not THE problem but they are definitely ONE of the many problems at ER just now. It is however one of the easier problems to overcome if the fans were firstly willing to accept they are part of the overall problem and then simply make a decision now to stop the negativity and start encouraging the team regardless of what is happening on the pitch. I'd be very interested to see what improvements there would be if we, the fans, introduced a self imposed amnesty and basically cut out the negative reaction to everything that happens on the pitch that is less than 100% in Hibs favour. There is nothing to lose by cutting out the booing, jeering etc and you never know it might just see the team and therefore the fans gain something.

There is a lack of quality in the team and some of the players are less able to handle the criticism than others. Correcting that lack of quality and inner strength costs money, changing the way the fans react costs nothing and while it may not result in us going on long winning streak and reaching / winning cup finals I do believe that it would see a positive return in terms of performance and points gained. As I said nothing to lose in trying it is there?

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Disagree - anyone would think Hibs were booed from the moment they step on to the field - they're booed (not by me BTW, I've never actually booed my team) after performing badly, not before it.
    Sorry but I have heard certain players being booed when the team was announced before a ball was even kicked. That is I assure you 100% genuine. I have also witnessed a player being booed as he put his jersey on as he was about to come on as a substitute.

The players know it
    The opposition know it

What a shock. Home team - with god awful record in last 2 years - lose a goal and fans get edgy.

Yes, those Saints coaches really did let slip a state secret eh......

Between this post and the garbage you posted last night on the PM board Im not entirely sue what your agenda is anymore. Your continual booting of the hibs support is completely at odds with your holier than thou approach to the singing section.

Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    Sorry but I have heard certain players being booed when the team was announced before a ball was even kicked. That is I assure you 100% genuine. I have also witnessed a player being booed as he put his jersey on as he was about to come on as a substitute.
    I believe you - Joe Harper got booed off for scoring 5 goals for us once I seem to remember (!) -
    I've seen some terrible performances from us, but I've never actually booed the team - why fans do it is beyond me- I seem to remember Nishy being booed when he came on a few times - and Hart regularly gets written off on here, before the game has started!

I feel players should be able to deal with it however - if they can't, then they are not applying themselves correctly to the job of being a footballer - football is an emotional sport - highly charged at times, players have to take the rough with the smooth - when the team is playing well the fans sing their praises, when they play badly: what are fans supposed to do - they have to vent their frustration somehow.

Players have to be mentally strong, not just physically fit, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    Cause the majority of folk that left probably go more than twice a season and are sick and tired of watching us getting humped at home
    How original