hibs.net Messageboard

Page 67 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 2514
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is no denying his form has dipped mate...those 2 goals against Celtic were back in mid Sept..it's January now. He has had some good matches but a fair few indifferent performances too. Maybe loss of form Was a bit harsh...but more a dip. But hey form is temporary...class is permanent

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I appreciate you pulling back a bit & the positive comments about SIM. My problem arises when people make a comment that reads as a fact when the reality is they're opinions only & 100 different posters will have 100 different opinions. I live in England & constantly put up with people telling me how crap our game is even though they've never seen a game & I see much more English football than they do. These "facts" contribute to our game, & our players being devalued & we need to bring a bit more balance & reality to the debate. Im not suggesting we make things up but I'd prefer we talked our players up rather than down.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Dungannon v Crusaders tonight. Dungannon 40 miles from Belfast.
    Postponed!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...fers-1-4662292

There’s one club unsettling everybody; if they want players then pay the money and come and take them''

Strange that the fat, ****my, Hun-******* is only speaking-out about it now when it's his own club that the Hun are trying to shaft !!
    His own club is the Huns. Boyd has grown up, ill say it again and he's got the baws to call it like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    His own club is the Huns. Boyd has grown up, ill say it again and he's got the baws to call it like it is.
    Last month he was on the radio saying attendances are only doing well because of rangers being in the league and wouldn't take no for an answer. He's a total welt and wouldn't be saying this if Jones didn't play for Killie. Just another case of an ex OF player getting one of the jobs for the boys type role where they get paid to play down everything that happens unless rangers or celtic are involved

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I appreciate you pulling back a bit & the positive comments about SIM. My problem arises when people make a comment that reads as a fact when the reality is they're opinions only & 100 different posters will have 100 different opinions. I live in England & constantly put up with people telling me how crap our game is even though they've never seen a game & I see much more English football than they do. These "facts" contribute to our game, & our players being devalued & we need to bring a bit more balance & reality to the debate. Im not suggesting we make things up but I'd prefer we talked our players up rather than down.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    McGinn's performances have dipped from "absolutely outstanding" to "still top notch compared to every other player but slightly less than he's capable of, but probably understandable playing in an inconsistent team every week".

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    Last month he was on the radio saying attendances are only doing well because of rangers being in the league and wouldn't take no for an answer. He's a total welt and wouldn't be saying this if Jones didn't play for Killie. Just another case of an ex OF player getting one of the jobs for the boys type role where they get paid to play down everything that happens unless rangers or celtic are involved
    Wee possibility mebbes, eftir 120 yrs o numpties, finally along comes somebody like S.C. Worked wi Gullit/Vialli/Zola & many mair, says tae Boyd “what’s this rantic nonsense” “get that nonsense sorted” & fat Scotland noshow Boyd & others slowly start to get it just a little bit what a cancer rantic are to every other team in Scotland?

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    I thought Hendo was off to Bari, are there two Italian teams in for him?
    lol

Naismith going to Hearts. It's in tomorrow's Sun so must be true 😂

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Naismith going to Hearts. It's in tomorrow's Sun so must be true 😂
    It probably is.

Testimonial Due
    I read on the Bari fans forum that they seemed to like Hendo ! Someone who plays with his head up and not afraid to pass long !

They are in a promotion race for serie A

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    St Johnstone looking to get Swanson on loan until summer.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Looks like Naismith is going to Hearts. 10k a week wage contribution is what Norwich were apparently wanting...

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    St Johnstone looking to get Swanson on loan until summer.
    do it. frees up a wage for someone who will contribute. lets danny get games and come back next season fit and ready. win win.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Looks like Naismith is going to Hearts. 10k a week wage contribution is what Norwich were apparently wanting...
    No chance they are paying 10k a week...not a hope

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    No chance they are paying 10k a week...not a hope

Isn't lavatory on a fair wage as well?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Lot of money for a bang average player in my opinion. They could have used the Jamie Walker money to pay off Malaury Martin's contract instead . Typical yams spending oodles of money on a loan player just to try to beat us.

We'll just have to move up the gears a little and smash them out of the SC for the third year running.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    Isn't lavatory on a fair wage as well?
    Rumours were 5/6k mate but 10k is another level...I really doubt that's what they are paying

Was told mallan was shown around East mains today,
    Lennon also trying to bring In 2 others , 1 of the players are pretty much a done deal, the other one is a wee bit away yet (dependant on moving a few players on) but would certainly put a smile on our faces 😉

Quote Originally Posted by 21sMay View Post
    Lennon also trying to bring In 2 others , 1 of the players are pretty much a done deal, the other one is a wee bit away yet (dependant on moving a few players on) but would certainly put a smile on our faces 😉
    That sounds to me like you're implying Hendo. I haven't quite given up hope yet, reports say Bari have offered him a contract but nothing yet saying he's accepted. It's wishful thinking I know, but maybe he's holding off to see what happens with Hibs.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 21sMay View Post
    Mallan started for his team at the weekend.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member
    Right at present Hearts are oot the cup ( lost Walker, and Laughatme can’t play). So here’s my thoughts on what they probably are thinking 125/150 Grand each team will get for this game Sunday (19,000 times £15 equals £285,000 plus tv money minus expenses) I understand that game cost more than £15 just being economical.

Now if they get a draw again they’ll get about the same when game goes back to Easter Road and if they get a win they get money from next round.
    If they get beat they’ve still got nearly £150,000 or poss £300,000 depending on score with us. But more importantly they can then if rumour is true sell Laughatme and keep the Jambo hoards relatively happy, with bringing iN Naismith.

Problem will be when we knock them out they’ll turn against the hand that feeds them. I’m predicting 3-1 Hibs.

GGTTH
    Last edited by southern hibby; 16-01-2018 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Mallan started for his team at the weekend.
    Good, he’s match fit then.
    I doubt anyone we sign now will start on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    Right at present Hearts are oot the cup ( lost Walker, and Laughatme can’t play). So here’s my thoughts on what they probably are thinking 125/150 Grand each team will get for this game Sunday (19,000 times £15 equals £285,000 plus tv money minus expenses) I understand that game cost more than £15 just being economical.

Now if they get a draw again they’ll get about the same when game goes back to Easter Road and if they get a win they get money from next round.
    If they get beat they’ve still got nearly £150,000 or poss £300,000 depending on score with us. But more importantly they can then if rumour is true sell Laughatme and keep the Jambo hoards relatively happy, with bringing iN Naismith.

Problem will be when we knock them out they’ll turn against the hand that feeds them. I’m predicting 3-1 Hibs.

GGTTH
    Levein rolling the dice and splashing cash to bring in Naismith for the cup game. He needs Naismith to win him the game to keep him in a job. This deal will substantially up the ante for Levein because if they don't go through, the honeymoon period will be over and it will be the beginning of the end for Levein, particularly if Naismith and their other new signing don't not perform.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Is that not something many Scots findi a bit of a struggle ? By nature we tend to shy away from “blowing our own trumpet”?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post
    I agree with this 100%. I honestly don't know what some posters are going on about. McGinn has been absolutely outstanding in some games during the period people talk about and good in most of the rest.
    And all that considering he’s hardly had much of a break in the last 2-3 seasons playing in playoffs, cups Scotland games then starting back for Europe. The boys a bit of a machine...
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    And all that considering he’s hardly had much of a break in the last 2-3 seasons playing in playoffs, cups Scotland games then starting back for Europe. The boys a bit of a machine...
    This, and the post you've quoted. 👏 Spot on.

Really don’t want Swanson to leave and I find the timing odd as he is just getting fit again.

Regarding Mallan being shown round today - i find it odd how the only people who know about this are 3 posters. Normally that sort of information is leaked and the papepers know about it.

You would suspect Hendo coming in means either Mcginn or Mcgeouch away, can’t see us being able to have all 3 plus Slivka, Bartley, Mallan and Stirling.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Really don’t want Swanson to leave and I find the timing odd as he is just getting fit again.

Regarding Mallan being shown round today - i find it odd how the only people who know about this are 3 posters. Normally that sort of information is leaked and the papepers know about it.

You would suspect Hendo coming in means either Mcginn or Mcgeouch away, can’t see us being able to have all 3 plus Slivka, Bartley, Mallan and Stirling.
    Swanson has been a horrific signing. Off field issues or not it hasn't worked out. He'll end up back at St Johnstone.
    Last edited by SirDavidsNapper; 17-01-2018 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Swanson has been a horrific signing. Off field issues or not it hasn't worked out.
    Thats a bit harsh, hes only had half a season which has been hampered by injuries. He showed what he could contribute against killie, any chance of winning that was lost when he tired in the second half.