97 64.24%
  • No

54 35.76%
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyalty Points

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honest question and not trying to stir things. How many people do you know that want tickets but miss out on Tynecastle, Ibrox or Parkhead?
    Last season I missed out on one trip to Ibrox and one at Tynecastle, but fortunately was able to acquire tickets for both games from a friend who had a spare and one from a spare ticket thread.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    How could he possibly know? Unless he does, which he doesn’t !!

He is right however to say that there will be a cost involved.

If every penny raised through HSL is important to us then surely the same applies to every penny spent?
    I just find it abit odd to be banging on about the cost when we have no idea what it is. It might be £50 a week for all we know which is nothing in reality.

Where do you draw the line if every penny spent should go to the first team? Should Hibs stop getting involved in community outreach programs as they undoubtedly have a cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post

Where do you draw the line if every penny spent should go to the first team? Should Hibs stop getting involved in community outreach programs as they undoubtedly have a cost?
    If it suits people’s argument, or own situation, then they’d probably argue yes to this.

Every time this debate crops up the same people argue the same point and It’ll generally suit their point of view or whether or not there is a benefit to them in having or not having such a scheme.

As others have pointed out, I find it strange that other clubs in our league can run a points scheme successfully without all the talk of costs, elite groups etc.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I just find it abit odd to be banging on about the cost when we have no idea what it is. It might be £50 a week for all we know which is nothing in reality.

I agree with you, the cost is probably not what’s stopping the club from implementing a scheme.

However, every time HSL gets mentioned we’re told that every penny counts!

I don’t know where to draw the line. Personally I’m not really into the whole community club stuff so if we can save money there I’m all for it! I think the Hibernian Community Trust is completely separate from the club though other than them getting space in the south stand?

BHFC, you’re totally wrong if you’re referring to me? I don’t have strong feelings either way about a loyalty scheme.

If the club club bring one in then great, if they don’t, well it doesn’t affect me in the slightest.

I think I’m still allowed to discuss the point though?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I already covered this earlier in the thread. Too lazy to type it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It would’ve saved you time (and money) to have just said no.

I agree with you, the cost is probably not what’s stopping the club from implementing a scheme.

However, every time HSL gets mentioned we’re told that every penny counts!

I don’t know where to draw the line. Personally I’m not really into the whole community club stuff so if we can save money there I’m all for it! I think the Hibernian Community Trust is completely separate from the club though other than them getting space in the south stand?

BHFC, you’re totally wrong if you’re referring to me? I don’t have strong feelings either way about a loyalty scheme.

If the club club bring one in then great, if they don’t, well it doesn’t affect me in the slightest.

I think I’m still allowed to discuss the point though?
    I wasn’t referring to you. Just how I see it generally.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    You mention the cost nearly every single time. Do you have any idea how much it costs the club? Even a rough indication? £50 a week? £100? £500?

Given that you continually mention the cost I'm assuming you have some rough idea and guide to what these costs are.
    If he told you we couldn't afford to buy Leigh Griffiths, or Lionel Messi would you question his source?

His previous post clearly states he was told cost was prohibitive. Seems a reasonable reason to mention it.

The club simply don't broadcast these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    If he told you we couldn't afford to buy Leigh Griffiths, or Lionel Messi would you question his source?
    Eh no not really because that would be ridiculous. If we are having a discussion about the costs of a loyalty points scheme to the club then it's best to keep it sensible.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Me and 3 other home and away regulars missed a game at Ibrox a few years ago
    Thanks for replying. It appears as though you are the only one who has missed a game. If that is the case and you have only missed one game in a few seasons maybe the system works?

Eh no not really because that would be ridiculous. If we are having a discussion about the costs of a loyalty points scheme to the club then it's best to keep it sensible.
    Exactly. It's also ridiculous to dismiss cost as a factor because a particular poster can't tell you the figures.

Exactly. It's also ridiculous to dismiss cost as a factor because a particular poster can't tell you the figures.
    I wonder how Aberdeen and Hearts are able to run such a scheme with these prohibitive costs. It's very strange that they do this knowing the impact it has on the football budget.

Either they are happy to run such a scheme knowing the costs will impact their playing budget but do it anyway or such prohibitive costs don't actually exist. I think most people will be able to draw their own conclusions as to what the correct answer is .

I wonder how Aberdeen and Hearts are able to run such a scheme with these prohibitive costs. It's very strange that they do this knowing the impact it has on the football budget.

Either they are happy to run such a scheme knowing the costs will impact their playing budget but do it anyway or such prohibitive costs don't actually exist. I think most people will be able to draw their own conclusions as to what the correct answer is .
    I've no idea how much it costs but I'll refrain from using Hearts as a barometer for good financial management.

I've no idea how much it costs but I'll refrain from using Hearts as a barometer for good financial management.
    And Aberdeen?

Infact I agree we should not introduce a loyalty point scheme as we are clearly saving a huge amount that these two clubs are pumping into a loyalty points scheme to the detriment of their playing squad. One up for us.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 11-10-2018 at 07:22 PM.

And Aberdeen?
    As I said, no idea.

As I said, no idea.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Thanks for replying. It appears as though you are the only one who has missed a game. If that is the case and you have only missed one game in a few seasons maybe the system works?
    The system only works for me because I'm lucky enough to get tickets from a player, otherwise I imagine that I would have missed a few more like MWHIBEES (I think) has. I know I'm fortunate to have the benefit that I don't need to worry about tickets but even then still I'm still right behind an attendance points system because it's much fairer.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    You mention the cost nearly every single time. Do you have any idea how much it costs the club? Even a rough indication? £50 a week? £100? £500?

Given that you continually mention the cost I'm assuming you have some rough idea and guide to what these costs are.
    Given sales are now only online or via the call centre surely the TO must be saving money as they don't need to hire extra staff (including stewards) to cater for the large queues that used to gather at ER. Could this money not be used for any points system introduced.

Heats scheme is well run and easily understood by all their supporters. My brother is a season ticket holder and has been for about 40 years or so. He cannot get a ticket for ER because he no longer goes to away games and therefore doesn't have enough points. Why a system like this can't be done for us is utterly baffling.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    Heats scheme is well run and easily understood by all their supporters. My brother is a season ticket holder and has been for about 40 years or so. He cannot get a ticket for ER because he no longer goes to away games and therefore doesn't have enough points. Why a system like this can't be done for us is utterly baffling.
    I know a few of them and they rarely if ever complain about it. Easily understood and if they’ve not got the points they can’t go.

Not sure why we can’t just ask them for the code and copy and paste it.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    When the old points system was abandoned, the first game I missed out on was the cup game at Hearts in 2017. First Scottish cup tie I had missed in 36/years.
    I went radge and on these pages suggested I might consider telling HSL to forget my perpetual subs. A heated moment that I never went through with, but my rage was met with sarcasm and scorn by a poster, prominent on this thread, who now seems to believe that a points system will divert funds from the playing budget.
    At that stage, the lack of a points system was about to do just that. In my case.

I spoke to Leanne at the time (she in fact, called me) and was left in no doubt that the main reason the system was pulled was down to several complaints, of differing degree of politeness, about the decision to give HSL members an extra 100 points therefore taking them up the tier rating. Tier rating that was pivotal to getting tickets for the big ones.

Pitiful stuff. I never asked for anything extra and in return lost what I had.

I still had close to 700 points showing on my Club ticket log in and I’ve never heard a convincing argument for its abolition. Those who go no further than EH7 to watch the Hibs appear to be the most vocal about its cost to the club.
    Last edited by Iggy Pope; 12-10-2018 at 12:15 PM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    When the old points system was abandoned, the first game I missed out on was the cup game at Hearts in 2017. First Scottish cup tie I had missed in 36/years.
    I went radge and on these pages suggested I might consider telling HSL to forget my perpetual subs. A heated moment that I never went through with, but my rage was met with sarcasm and scorn by a poster, prominent on this thread, who now seems to believe that a points system will divert funds from the playing budget.
    At that stage, the lack of a points system was about to do just that. In my case.

I spoke to Leanne at the time (she in fact, called me) and was left in no doubt that the main reason the system was pulled was down to several complaints, of differing degree of politeness, about the decision to give HSL members an extra 100 points therefore taking them up the tier rating. Tier rating that was pivotal to getting tickets for the big ones.

I still had close to 700 points showing on my Club ticket log in and I’ve never heard a convincing argument for its abolition. Those who go no further than EH7 to watch the Hibs appear to be the most vocal about its cost to the club.
    Couldn’t have put it better myself IP

Thing is, it’s not down to people posting on here, it’s the club’s decision.

The fact that a few posters on here are maybe against a scheme is completely irrelevant.

Let's be honest, most people want a system that suits them. And there's no agreement on what benefits the system is trying to achieve. That's the biggest problem.

That leads to complaints, bickering, debates about long term ST holders v new ST holders, and ultimately club resource spent dealing with it.

FWIW, I agree with many posters that the Hearts system is fair and means those who go get first dibs (in my case that would mean I'd miss out but that's fair because I only get to a dozen or so games a year). Unfortunately not everyone has that view and for now the club seem to have concluded that it's not worth it.

The cost argument is a red herring as it’s functionality is already built in to the Ticketmaster system that the club use and is entirely automatic, bar the physical act of typing one number in to a box when setting the fixture up on the system. There’s not even a need to check back when selling the tickets via the call centre and online has been the case recently. Works fine at other clubs and I’ve never known such an issue to cause such a consistent level of bad PR for the club apart from maybe the catering.

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    The cost argument is a red herring as it’s functionality is already built in to the Ticketmaster system that the club use and is entirely automatic, bar the physical act of typing one number in to a box when setting the fixture up on the system. There’s not even a need to check back when selling the tickets via the call centre and online has been the case recently. Works fine at other clubs and I’ve never known such an issue to cause such a consistent level of bad PR for the club apart from maybe the catering.
    Matt
    I don't think the issue is cost or the actual scheme. It's been done to death this but ultimately the club sees season ticket sales as more important than loyalty points. You can see their point.
    Cougars!!!

Thing is, it’s not down to people posting on here, it’s the club’s decision.

The fact that a few posters on here are maybe against a scheme is completely irrelevant.
    Opinions posted on here are now to be considered irrelevant? It’s clear that the club read, and sometimes respond, to views on here.

Let's be honest, most people want a system that suits them. And there's no agreement on what benefits the system is trying to achieve. That's the biggest problem.

That leads to complaints, bickering, debates about long term ST holders v new ST holders, and ultimately club resource spent dealing with it.

FWIW, I agree with many posters that the Hearts system is fair and means those who go get first dibs (in my case that would mean I'd miss out but that's fair because I only get to a dozen or so games a year). Unfortunately not everyone has that view and for now the club seem to have concluded that it's not worth it.
    I think it’s regular away travellers that want the away ticketing system that suits them and quite right too.
    This isn’t about ST holders and never should have been.
    ST holder is only a starter for 10 until he travels.

The bickering comes about as we try to introduce brain surgery into the process of clipping ones fingernails.

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Matt
    I don't think the issue is cost or the actual scheme. It's been done to death this but ultimately the club sees season ticket sales as more important than loyalty points. You can see their point.
    They don’t need compared. That’s a real irrelevance.

What I’m saying is that they won’t not bring back a loyalty scheme based on 1 or 2 folk on here questioning it.

They clearly don’t value the opinions on here or they’d have brought it back no?

I just don’t see why you’re trying to pick an argument with other fans when your gripe is with the club?

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    I think it’s regular away travellers that want the away ticketing system that suits them and quite right too.
    This isn’t about ST holders and never should have been.
    ST holder is only a starter for 10 until he travels.

The bickering comes about as we try to introduce brain surgery into the process of clipping ones fingernails.
    Correct - and also there is no doubt that if we had a loyalty points system in place the crowds for the recent Aberdeen and Ross County cup games at Easter Road would also have been higher than they were.

The lack of a loyalty point system is costing the club money.