hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Good goal tonight

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough Randolph Carter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This thread makes for very uncomfortable reading, especially for a family friendly football forum, i’m not sure where it fits on Hibs Net, but for me it’s not on a hibs discussion page.
    1. The thread is about a rape allegation so of course it's going to be uncomfortable reading.

2. The alleged rapist is one of the most famous and successful footballers of all time which is why it's on a football forum (there is no 'non Hibs football forum on this site so it goes on the general football discussion forum)

3. Its not a website aimed at young children and in my opinion anyone whose parent / guardian allows them to browse Internet forums that aren't specifically for fans of Paw Patrol or Peppa Pig should be ready to engage with the uncomfortable truths of this world e.g. a helluva lot of women get raped and statistics show that even if they go to the police they are unlikely to succeed with a prosecution. Read the report, she went to the cops within 24 hours and was advised by the cop to drop the case... just like the previous case with Ronaldo when he was at Man United.

Innocent until proven guilty. Thats all I got to say.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    Elton Johns Chin bounced more balls than sir Andy Murrays racket
    It always amazes me that people share their private fantasies on a public forum. Unless it's some kind of humiliation fetush, or something.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty. Thats all I got to say.
    Legally, you're correct and no-one disagrees with you.

But is it really that simple?

If you saw someone scratch your car, or steal your jacket then run away, would they be innocent of the crime if they didn't get prosecuted for it?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Legally, you're correct and no-one disagrees with you.

But is it really that simple?

If you saw someone scratch your car, or steal your jacket then run away, would they be innocent of the crime if they didn't get prosecuted for it?

They would be guilty of the action, but it would be for a court to decide if they had committed a crime.

We are getting into Salem territory, when the accuser is believed unconditionally. There are other possible reasons for this woman's story, so it would be wrong not to give them equal weight

For me, the financial reward argument is as compelling as the rape claim, at this point. It would be unfair to judge either party at this stage

Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    They would be guilty of the action, but it would be for a court to decide if they had committed a crime.

We are getting into Salem territory, when the accuser is believed unconditionally. There are other possible reasons for this woman's story, so it would be wrong not to give them equal weight

For me, the financial reward argument is as compelling as the rape claim, at this point. It would be unfair to judge either party at this stage
    I agree.

I just don't have much faith in the legal proces, particularly when it involves famous and powerful billionaires against ordinary citizens.

Often, innocent until proven guilty is almost meaningless in those circumstances.

It seems like if you've got plenty money, you can pretty much do what you want. Just ask Donald Trump.

Left by mutual consent!
    I agree.

I just don't have much faith in the legal proces, particularly when it involves famous and powerful billionaires against ordinary citizens.

Often, innocent until proven guilty is almost meaningless in those circumstances.

It seems like if you've got plenty money, you can pretty much do what you want. Just ask Donald Trump.
    Agreed.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Carter View Post
    1. The thread is about a rape allegation so of course it's going to be uncomfortable reading.

2. The alleged rapist is one of the most famous and successful footballers of all time which is why it's on a football forum (there is no 'non Hibs football forum on this site so it goes on the general football discussion forum)

3. Its not a website aimed at young children and in my opinion anyone whose parent / guardian allows them to browse Internet forums that aren't specifically for fans of Paw Patrol or Peppa Pig should be ready to engage with the uncomfortable truths of this world e.g. a helluva lot of women get raped and statistics show that even if they go to the police they are unlikely to succeed with a prosecution. Read the report, she went to the cops within 24 hours and was advised by the cop to drop the case... just like the previous case with Ronaldo when he was at Man United.
    4. There's a place for threads like this. It's called "the Holy Ground". This should be nowhere near the main forum page.

Even although it's about a football player, it's not about football so I do kind of agree that it probably should be moved to the Holy Ground where topics of this nature are usually discussed.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    4. There's a place for threads like this. It's called "the Holy Ground". This should be nowhere near the main forum page.
    Why do you say that?

Gamer IDs

Why do you say that?
    Because it's not about football. Simple as that.

The thread about Levein taking ill was on this forum. Why didn't you complain about that?

Same applies to the Bookie bashing and Adverts threads.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 07-10-2018 at 02:06 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Yes, but we discuss other things that are football related, but aren't actually about football, such as Rangers tax affairs, linesmen getting assaulted, and Heart of Midlothian. None of these end up in the Holy Ground.

It's a minefield!
    Last edited by Chic Murray; 07-10-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Maybe.. but why do people get so offended by whether a thread should be on the main forum or not. Does it really matter that much?

I take the point being made but multiple people demanding it is moved and seemingly getting upset by it?!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes

Nothing the woman has done so far has indicated all she has been after is a pay off, none of what has come to light is because of her in any way, she reported straight away when it happened and this recent burst of info is due to a journalist digging some stuff up themselves.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    Good goal tonight

Told you he never did it.

Gamer IDs

The thread about Levein taking ill was on this forum. Why didn't you complain about that?

Same applies to the Bookie bashing and Adverts threads.
    Do you know I didn't complain about that? I mean, I didn't, but still! Haha.

I just don't think the main forum is a place to be talking about whether someone is guilty of rape or not I guess.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    Nothing the woman has done so far has indicated all she has been after is a pay off, none of what has come to light is because of her in any way, she reported straight away when it happened and this recent burst of info is due to a journalist digging some stuff up themselves.
    Yet she accepted a pay off in the past? Doesn't mean it didn't happen, of course, but does raise understandable questions.

Left by mutual consent!
    Do you know I didn't complain about that? I mean, I didn't, but still! Haha.

I just don't think the main forum is a place to be talking about whether someone is guilty of rape or not I guess.
    What makes you think the Holy Ground is? I mean, I know there's a few perverts that post on there, but, well, you know?

Gamer IDs

What makes you think the Holy Ground is? I mean, I know there's a few perverts that post on there, but, well, you know?
    Exactly that! I'm only thinking of the perverts.

Left by mutual consent!
    Exactly that! I'm only thinking of the perverts.
    So am I.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

Yes, this is a family friendly forum, hence the swear filters and admin presence on site.

Some of the comments, particularly in respect of the woman making the allegations are shameful and wince inducing. Not really sure what that has to do with Peppa Pig? You’re being a bit presumptious in terms of creaming yourself over what my objections might be.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Yes, this is a family friendly forum, hence the swear filters and admin presence on site.

Some of the comments, particularly in respect of the woman making the allegations are shameful and wince inducing. Not really sure what that has to do with Peppa Pig? You’re being a bit presumptious in terms of creaming yourself over what my objections might be.
    Which post numbers are you referring to, please? I've missed these.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Which post numbers are you referring to, please? I've missed these.
    It’s called reading, give it a bash. The fuds know who they are.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Very helpful.

Left by mutual consent!

Might need to rethink that one.

As for the family friendly stuff, is there not a minimum age you have to be to join the forum? That's a genuine question, because sometimes discussions do get a bit adult in nature, and could cause problems if one of the parties is a minor.
    Last edited by Chic Murray; 07-10-2018 at 07:34 PM.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Sorry but the use of the word fud as an insult is not appropriate for a family friendly forum.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Back on topic, it seems a second woman has contacted the solicitor for the first alleged victim.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4854128?__t...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Back on topic, it seems a second woman has contacted the solicitor for the first alleged victim.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4854128?__t...mpression=true
    When I read his reported comment to the first woman, "I'm 99% good, but 1% bad", I thought it was a strange thing to say, if he hadn't done anything like that before.

Of course I don't know to what he was referring and maybe it was a translation thing, but it did strike me as odd, if not ominous.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!