hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes. I also think the Huns will fold within the next few years. Who is going to stop Celtic? They are now light years away it’s not like the 80’s the gap is massive. Only way Celtic won’t win the next ten is if they leave the league.
    Hibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Since when did hun lovin become cool? They are disgusting any way you look at it. Always! Sorry, you hun lovers, but they have blighted Scottish Football since forever. New, nae big honours bunch ae imposters who everyone outside of themselves dislike! Disgusting rangers old or new! Everyone who knows Scottish Football knows this. DISGUSTING.
    But what's that got to do with the fact they are a bigger club and a step up for any player or manager outwith Celtic?

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=cleanyman;5238682]But what's that got to do with the fact they are a bigger club and a step up for any player or manager outwith Celtic?[/QUOT

It's not a step up, its a step back to the dark ages.

Left by mutual consent!
    [QUOTE=brog;5238684]
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    But what's that got to do with the fact they are a bigger club and a step up for any player or manager outwith Celtic?[/QUOT

Whether you like it or not it is.

[QUOTE=brog;5238684]
    But what's that got to do with the fact they are a bigger club and a step up for any player or manager outwith Celtic?[/QUOT

No it’s not The Rangers are a far bigger club the Aberdeen,
    Pay bigger wages bigger crowds 2nd biggest team in Scotland , just because we hate them that is the facts he the guy would be an idiot to knock them back
    He must have a lot of belief in his ability to make the no1 team ,

Left by mutual consent!
    [QUOTE=stevie-bee;5238690]
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post

Pay bigger wages bigger crowds 2nd biggest team in Scotland , just because we hate them that is the facts he the guy would be an idiot to knock them back
    No idea what happened to the quotes there.

Left by mutual consent!
    [QUOTE=stevie-bee;5238690]
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post

That was my point.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    But what's that got to do with the fact they are a bigger club and a step up for any player or manager outwith Celtic?
    Listen tae yersel, please. It's no pretty.

Left by mutual consent!
    Well its true.

Left by mutual consent!
    Derek Mcinnes will be expected to win the league next season by the fans regardless of it being realistic. He won't and will likely get punted.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Derek Mcinnes will be expected to win the league next season by the fans regardless of it being realistic. He won't and will likely get punted.
    It’s a 3 year deal he’s getting, or that’s what King said at the AGM last week

Left by mutual consent!
    He's right.

2 years there and a cup or 2 he can go back down South. He's also a hun. He will be rangers manager tomorrow which is unfortunate because I've always admired him as a player and manager since Alan McGraw told his story. In fact when Mcinnes left Morton McGraw predicted he would manage rangers one day.

He will be appointed tomorrow.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    If he pisses it in second and has a European run he won't.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Aye it's true.

Promising Youngster
    I forgot that Edinburgh folk are so tight they'd rather cut off their own baws than spend 99 pence on a bag of sweets
    Only 65p in lidl

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    If he pisses it in second and has a European run he won't.
    Well IMO they won't.

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    He's right.

2 years there and a cup or 2 he can go back down South. He's also a hun. He will be rangers manager tomorrow which is unfortunate because I've always admired him as a player and manager since Alan McGraw told his story. In fact when Mcinnes left Morton McGraw predicted he would manage rangers one day.

He will be appointed tomorrow.
    Might be a bit longer, Dons digging their heels in:

https://www.afc.co.uk/2017/12/05/club-statement-18/

Aberdeen Football Club has announced this evening that Rangers have contacted the Club asking for permission to speak to Derek McInnes and that permission has been refused.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    Having worked in Greenock for ten years I can tell you that 99% of Morton fans couldn't give 2 hoots about the old firm, many despise them and all that they stand for.
    However a fair portion of Celtic and Rangers fans look fondly upon the 'Ton and regard them as their wee second team but haven't visited Cappielow since they were about 14.
    I also married into a St.Mirren family and the situation is the exact same in Paisley.
    I now work in the east end of Glasgow and everyone is incredibly patronising towards me regards being a Hibby. I miss the Morton fans as we stuck together and knew where we were both coming from.
    I totally agree with you, I was referring to the old firm fans who claim to have an affiliation with the local club, in my experience its often just a patronising "wee team" thing. There are loads of folk in the West who support there local club and couldn't give two hoots about the old firm and their nonsense.

McInnes lives just west of Paisley. His family stay there but he lives in Aberdeen probably getting a couple of days a week with his family. Taking the huns job will allow him to be with his family. Don’t underestimate the attraction of that.

My take on the whole saga is this.

McInnes will know he was wanted as Rangers will have contacted his agent, due to speculation all he could really say was he's Aberdeen manager and happy there, now they have contacted Aberdeen he knows he can now move things along. He's an ex Rangers player and a fan, so the move is right for him and whatever you think about Rangers they are still a massive club in Scotland.

Aberdeen's chairman will not stand in his way if he wants to speak to them as he'll not want an unhappy manager at the club, they'll accept the money and look for another manager themselves.

Clubs have been taking players and managers from other clubs for many a year and that will not change, we lost Mowbray to W Brom, Aberdeen took McGhee from Motherwell, when a manager does well they move on to bigger things, it's called ambition.

McInnes has gotten as close as he can to Celtic but recently it's been clear he's taken them as far as he can, he'll see Rangers as the opportunity to close that gap, they may still have back room problems but Rangers are still a big draw for a lot of players.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    My take on the whole saga is this.

McInnes will know he was wanted as Rangers will have contacted his agent, due to speculation all he could really say was he's Aberdeen manager and happy there, now they have contacted Aberdeen he knows he can now move things along. He's an ex Rangers player and a fan, so the move is right for him and whatever you think about Rangers they are still a massive club in Scotland.

Aberdeen's chairman will not stand in his way if he wants to speak to them as he'll not want an unhappy manager at the club, they'll accept the money and look for another manager themselves.

Clubs have been taking players and managers from other clubs for many a year and that will not change, we lost Mowbray to W Brom, Aberdeen took McGhee from Motherwell, when a manager does well they move on to bigger things, it's called ambition.

McInnes has gotten as close as he can to Celtic but recently it's been clear he's taken them as far as he can, he'll see Rangers as the opportunity to close that gap, they may still have back room problems but Rangers are still a big draw for a lot of players.
    If Rangers had come up with the contractual compensation then Aberdeen would not be able to prevent McIinnes from talking to Rangers.

Anyway I think what you say is correct but it has to be a huge risk to take the Rangers job. He's leaving a well run and stable club for one with a dysfunctional and dishonest board requiring directors loans to survive and with no line of credit from a bank. There's also the small matter of the enforcement of the Take Over Pannell ruling and the potential effects on Rangers.

If and it's a big if he is given the time I'm sure he could improve Rangers but it strikes me that there's an awful lot of stuff here that he has no control over and it's hard to see where the money is going to come from.

I wonder if Wiggy will be motivated to 'move on' in this case. He must be feeling a bit stupid now.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberSauzee View Post
    Might be a bit longer, Dons digging their heels in:

https://www.afc.co.uk/2017/12/05/club-statement-18/

Aberdeen Football Club has announced this evening that Rangers have contacted the Club asking for permission to speak to Derek McInnes and that permission has been refused.

This will because The Rangers will have structured the rumoured £800k compensation as follows: £8k when McInnes moves, and then £1 a week from then on.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This will because The Rangers will have structured the rumoured £800k compensation as follows: £8k when McInnes moves, and then £1 a week from then on.
    Absolutely no doubt it will be something like that or a lesser amount.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Yes. I also think the Huns will fold within the next few years. Who is going to stop Celtic? They are now light years away it’s not like the 80’s the gap is massive. Only way Celtic won’t win the next ten is if they leave the league.
    Nonsense. No way will the Huns fold. They may end up in admin again however fold, no chance. Even rubbish like Gretna and Clydebank come back in some shape or form and they are miniature compared to the Huns.

Unfortunately the cold hard facts are Rangers are the second biggest team in Scotland and unless something major happens in Scottish football (ie a Russian/Chinese/Arab Billionaire deciding he wants to own a club in Edinburgh/Aberdeen) they are always likely to be.

He will probably be earning atleast double what he was getting at Aberdeen and he will get to live in the area he grew up in and with his family. Although I think he has been playing Aberdeen like a fiddle with this I can see why he wants to move.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Not doing his media duties according to the scotsman, think that is it. Only stumbling block is compo, hope the sheep sting them.

Coaching Staff
    Wonder how he will get on working under a Director of Football, big difference from the way he has been allowed to operate at the Dons.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    Nonsense. No way will the Huns fold. They may end up in admin again however fold, no chance. Even rubbish like Gretna and Clydebank come back in some shape or form and they are miniature compared to the Huns.
    Funny I mind many saying the same first time around 🤔

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Looks like McInnes is standing on the edge of the springboard wondering whether to jump.
    The fans must view him with scepticism for getting on the plank in the first place not and killing the rumour/approach dead at the outset.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If the don’t agree compo what happens then? He had a release amount in his contract but obviously The Rangers haven’t offered enough.