hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds

DVD's - Extra Time For Heroes/Hibernian Reborn

Wow, just....wow. Sat down and watched both of them this week and they are superb! The 'Time for Heroes' is absolutely incredible but these 2 additional DVDs are also superb. Lennon's insights in Hibernian Reborn are fascinating and very uplifting and all the extra interviews etc in Extra Time For Heroes is hair on the back of the neck stuff just like the main DVD.

Any Hibee who doesn't have this double disk feature should get down to the shop pronto and purchase it!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

How much is the hibernian reborn DVD? Seen a wee trailer of it and looked superb.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    I watched them back to back, absolutely superb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 18Hibee75 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How much is the hibernian reborn DVD? Seen a wee trailer of it and looked superb.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk
    It's £23, plus £6 postage if you order online. Quite fancy it. I've still not watched my Time for Heroes DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by 17SquirrelPower View Post
    It's £23, plus £6 postage if you order online. Quite fancy it. I've still not watched my Time for Heroes DVD.
    Is there a reason why? Curious as it's every hibs fans chance to relive their own moment in history

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Can you buy Reborn separately or do they come together?

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    I've watched Time For Heroes Disc 1 twice now but in terms of Disc 2, it's never left the box.

Funny thing is, I've never watched the game back in full which is surprising as I can't remember much of the game itself at Hampden, it feels like a blur. A combination of drink and nerves has given me a hazy memory of the 90 minutes.

Obviously I've pored over the YouTube reels of the goals and Sunshine on Leith at the end (I'm still annoyed at that as I normally belt it out with gusto but I'd shouted that much during the game that I'd practically lost my voice by the final whistle).

Unless I'm at a complete loose end one day and it takes my fancy, I very much doubt I'll ever sit back and replay the full game. The memories I have, as blurred as they are, are more than enough to brighten up even the darkest day.

Disc 1 was fantastic however, one of the best things I've ever watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    I've watched Time For Heroes Disc 1 twice now but in terms of Disc 2, it's never left the box.

Funny thing is, I've never watched the game back in full which is surprising as I can't remember much of the game itself at Hampden, it feels like a blur. A combination of drink and nerves has given me a hazy memory of the 90 minutes.

Obviously I've pored over the YouTube reels of the goals and Sunshine on Leith at the end (I'm still annoyed at that as I normally belt it out with gusto but I'd shouted that much during the game that I'd practically lost my voice by the final whistle).

Unless I'm at a complete loose end one day and it takes my fancy, I very much doubt I'll ever sit back and replay the full game. The memories I have, as blurred as they are, are more than enough to brighten up even the darkest day.

Exactly the same for me. Except I was able to add to the crescendo.

I felt reborn was a bit weak tbh. It was sold as the story of our rebuild from going down to coming up back and it came across as a season review. I wanted a bit more history of all three seasons. Lennon is interesting and Leeann and GC add stuff but that apart it's just clips of the goals from last season. Maybe I'm just missing it?

Still. Hibs dvds are hibs dvds and I'd have paid the cash to watch the hearts highlights alone.

TFH is epic.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    I bought it this week, I've watched Reborn and loved it. Keeping Extra time for heroes for the weekend after we beat sevco, you know, to make it a perfect weekend 😉

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post

I watched the full match from disk 2 at 3PM on May 21st 2017. What an amazingend to end match it actually was. It may be because I’m biased but there canthave been many better finals anywhere in the last 10 years? Quality ofplayersis better in champs league etcbut for end to end nail biting action it had everything bar a rangers pen and ahibs red card. Well done Steven Mclean. I feel he should have been given one ofour medals for officiating the game with no biase!

As for the the new DVD, its phenomenal. Not watched disk 2yet but Hibernian Reborn is excellent. The wee story about Cumdog is fantastic.So much love and appreciation for everyone involved at Hibernian FC these days

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    Is there a reason why? Curious as it's every hibs fans chance to relive their own moment in history
    Yes, amongst all the emotion, my wife went into labour on the 22nd. I was at the game but was well aware she was overdue, no time to celebrate, no parade. If things had gone swimmingly for us I'd be different but she was fighting for her life after a massive internal haemorrhage immediately after her caesarean. I was on tenterhooks for that whole week, caring for her as she came out of intensive care and over a year later, we're still facing complications. It is simply the aftermath of the triumph reminds me of the difficulties we went through. Triumph and trauma are a difficult pairing.

We had a lovely baby boy, so alls well that will end well.
    Last edited by Scott Allan Key; 11-08-2017 at 12:35 PM.

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Do they still have any copies of Time For Hero's left in the club shop?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough Nitten Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Do they still have any copies of Time For Hero's left in the club shop?

I was in today and time for hero's was in the window so would think so 👍🏻

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitten Hibee View Post
    I was in today and time for hero's was in the window so would think so
    Nice one, thank you.

Watched both DVDs last 2 nights.
    Both very good but felt Reborn was best mainly due to the insights into NL & his style of management. Been said many times but he has changed the mentality of our club for the better.
    Very happy to recommend the DVD.

Just watched both discs one after another, excellent stuff.

Got my dvd yesterday watched the last seasons dvd, brilliant and a bargain for a tenner

Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    Got my dvd yesterday watched the last seasons dvd, brilliant and a bargain for a tenner
    An absolute steal.

Bought mine the other week, turned phones off, shut curtains and watched The Match first, then Time for Heroes, Extra Time then Reborn.
    Doesn’t get much better than that...

The start of the piano playing Glory Glory on Time For Heroes at SDG's goal is so moving. Can barely watch it without greeting like a 6 year old girl. Brilliant production.

I got my dvd yesterday... Bloody hell crying like a bairn. I would recommend you buy because will be gold dust soon.

Not seen it yet will need to buy it though now after reading this thread

Wasn't that impressed with Hibernian reborn tbh. Wasn't a patch on time for heroes.

Yet to watch extra time for heroes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Wasn't that impressed with Hibernian reborn tbh. Wasn't a patch on time for heroes.

Yet to watch extra time for heroes though.
    Having just watched etfh. I would say it's definitely worth at least a tenner. Etfh is a cracking watch.

I've just watched Time for Heroes for the first time.

I haven't gone through as much andrex with the curtains closed since the early eighties when I discovered scud mags. Greeting like a bairn at the start, at the middle and periodically throughout.

I support the best team in the world.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post

I haven't gone through as much andrex with the curtains closed since the early eighties when I discovered scud mags. Greeting like a bairn at the start, at the middle and periodically throughout.

I still haven't seen it. Don't have a DVD player and the one on my laptop is broken.

Will need to acquire myself a basic player and watch this. I was there on the day but it sounds (and obviously will be) an awesome experience to watch it the whole campaign back again.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post

It took me ages to build up the courage to watch it. I was in bits and I haven't watched it again since.

I avoid nost of the clips posted on here too because it's so emotional.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    It took me ages to build up the courage to watch it. I was in bits and I haven't watched it again since.

I avoid nost of the clips posted on here too because it's so emotional.
    I still haven’t watched it since the cinema showing at Ocean Terminal
    Just waiting for the appropriate moment

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Still not watched the full 90 minutes. DVD in the drawer. Not sure if I ever will watch it, even if my memory of the actual match is hazy at best.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 17SquirrelPower View Post
    Yes, amongst all the emotion, my wife went into labour on the 22nd. I was at the game but was well aware she was overdue, no time to celebrate, no parade. If things had gone swimmingly for us I'd be different but she was fighting for her life after a massive internal haemorrhage immediately after her caesarean. I was on tenterhooks for that whole week, caring for her as she came out of intensive care and over a year later, we're still facing complications. It is simply the aftermath of the triumph reminds me of the difficulties we went through. Triumph and trauma are a difficult pairing.

We had a lovely baby boy, so alls well that will end well.
    This puts things into perspective -glad she made it.
    It just goes to show Bill Shankly was wrong there are more important things.
    God bless you and all your family I hope your wife goes on to make a full recovery.

GGTTH