hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why did Celtic sign him then?

Celtic are by far and away the best team in Scotland so it stands to reason the best Scottish players will play for them.

I’m pleased to see him get a call up and imo if he’d joined some no mark English club then other people would be too.
    Spot on. If he’s good enough for Celtic he’s good enough for Scotland. He might not be ready to start but this experience will help him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Spot on. If he’s good enough for Celtic he’s good enough for Scotland. He might not be ready to start but this experience will help him.
    Lindsay is a better defender. Celtic have that much confidence in the lad he’s only played a couple of games. I’m actually surprised Celtic never went for Lindsay he’s a fantastic player.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Craig Gordon is good enough for Celtic but has sold the jerseys for Scotland. No way does Hendry deserve a call up. Depressing national management team of ex rangers manager ex Celtic assistant.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I have no idea how good this Jack Reilly is, i couldn't pick him out in a one man line up. I do wonder why Celtic paid all that money for him when they could have bought Paul Hanlon?

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Dont get this Hanlon promotional talk , would have Porteous in front of him now.
    Really? What are you basing that on, one game?
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I have no idea how good this Jack Reilly is, i couldn't pick him out in a one man line up. I do wonder why Celtic paid all that money for him when they could have bought Paul Hanlon?
    Probably couldn’t pick him out in a 1 man line up as his names Jack Hendry 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Jack hendry called up
    I think we can safely say that Hanlon wont be getting called up any time soon now. Nothing changes with these squads....players with potential get a move to Old Firm and are suddenly in the squad. The positive is Hanlon wont be wasting his time playing pointless games and can concentrate on the team that counts.

I feel for Paul because now is his time.

While it's great to get some young players bled into the squad they do also require some experienced guys along side them and Hanlon has plenty more football in him. I'd say he gets better with every season.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    would be interesting to hear from mcleish and why he didnt pick hanlon

Blog Entries
    McLeish picks Hendry with a couple of games for Celtc. He picks 3 players on loan at The Rangers. He tells 33 yo Berra he wants to try some younger players then brings in 32 yo Martin & Mulgrew. He brings back Grant Hanley, probably our worst player ( with extremely stiff competition ) in our most recent qualifying competition. He doesn't pick Hanlon or Souttar. Scotland's future looks bleak.

Blog Entries
    He got rave reviews when playing for Partick, were you calling for him to be capped then too?
    While I agree with your point, you're also justifying Hendry's call up. Were you calling for him to be capped when he was at Dundee?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    would be interesting to hear from mcleish and why he didnt pick hanlon
    He doesn’t believe his is good enough would be the obvious answer?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    McLeish picks Hendry with a couple of games for Celtc. He picks 3 players on loan at The Rangers. He tells 33 yo Berra he wants to try some younger players then brings in 32 yo Martin & Mulgrew. He brings back Grant Hanley, probably our worst player ( with extremely stiff competition ) in our most recent qualifying competition. He doesn't pick Hanlon or Souttar. Scotland's future looks bleak.
    Hendry was brilliant with Dundee too leading to his big money move to Celtic plus he has age on his time development wise and if he’s going to be in the squad of a core of Celtic teammates it’s not going to do him any harm. Different sets of supporters tend to think their players should be in there, look at Berra being omitted for instance.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Dont get this Hanlon promotional talk , would have Porteous in front of him now.
    Are there any Hibs players you actually like?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    While I agree with your point, you're also justifying Hendry's call up. Were you calling for him to be capped when he was at Dundee?
    I’m not aware of ever seeing him play so I’ve no idea.

I just don’t think it’s as outrageous as some are suggesting that Scottish players playing for the best team in Scotland should get called up to the national side. Just because there’s a Scottish player playing well in the English second division (apparently although I’m sceptical Many on here regularly watch Barnsley) it doesn’t make him better than people that are playing well up here, I’m assuming he must have been playing well to earn a move to Celtic.

Left by mutual consent!
    I’m not aware of ever seeing him play so I’ve no idea.

I just don’t think it’s as outrageous as some are suggesting that Scottish players playing for the best team in Scotland should get called up to the national side. Just because there’s a Scottish player playing well in the English second division (apparently although I’m sceptical Many on here regularly watch Barnsley) it doesn’t make him better than people that are playing well up here, I’m assuming he must have been playing well to earn a move to Celtic.
    Lindsay has been linked with a £5m+ move to the EPL and has been a standout in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee16 View Post
    Lindsay has been linked with a £5m+ move to the EPL and has been a standout in the Championship.
    Linked with a move doesn’t get me as excited as it does for some.

The market in England is utterly bonkers, he might be brilliant, I honestly don’t know however just because some tabloids have linked him with a move for a lot of money I personally don’t think that means that much any more. Lots of very very average players are going for a lot of money down there, think Grant Hanley was sold for about £6m was he not?

Left by mutual consent!
    Linked with a move doesn’t get me as excited as it does for some.

The market in England is utterly bonkers, he might be brilliant, I honestly don’t know however just because some tabloids have linked him with a move for a lot of money I personally don’t think that means that much any more. Lots of very very average players are going for a lot of money down there, think Grant Hanley was sold for about £6m was he not?
    It shows he’s performing well at a higher level than our league.

Hanley was bought on potential and isn’t as bad as some make out.

Lindsay was brilliant at Partick and has made the move down south brilliantly. He’s our top prospect CH in my opinion. He dry and the sheep lad are very good too.

Daz and Paul are both too good for Scotland.

Lindsay was brilliant at Partick and has made the move down south brilliantly. He’s our top prospect CH in my opinion. He dry and the sheep lad are very good too.
    I can’t really be bothered getting into a debate about it however I’m not convinced the championship is much better than our premier league.

Any Scottish player that goes down to the English championship is practically always a success.

There’s no exact science to working it out, English football is so overhyped it’s unreal and imo the ridiculous values on players give the impression of the championship being much better than it actually is.

Lindsay may well be brilliant down there though, I’ve no idea. I don’t think many people actually do, that’s my point.

or it shows that there is to much money in england and that clubs pay stupid money for average players

Left by mutual consent!
    Fair do’s guys.

Quote Originally Posted by davidgray210516 View Post
    Probably couldn’t pick him out in a 1 man line up as his names Jack Hendry 😂
    I wouldn't know him either.

Blog Entries
    Hendry was brilliant with Dundee too leading to his big money move to Celtic plus he has age on his time development wise and if he’s going to be in the squad of a core of Celtic teammates it’s not going to do him any harm. Different sets of supporters tend to think their players should be in there, look at Berra being omitted for instance.
    Let's put it in perspective. Until this season Hendry had played 17 league games for Partick, Wigan, Shrewsbury & MKD. This season he's been a regular in the 10th placed team in our top league & has started 2 games for Celtc. Does anyone seriously think he'd be anywhere near the squad if he was still being "brilliant" with Dundee.

Left by mutual consent!
    Let's put it in perspective. Until this season Hendry had played 17 league games for Partick, Wigan, Shrewsbury & MKD. This season he's been a regular in the 10th placed team in our top league & has started 2 games for Celtc. Does anyone seriously think he'd be anywhere near the squad if he was still being "brilliant" with Dundee.
    He’s near the squad because he was that good the best team in the country paid over £1m for him regardless of his past teams or form before Dundee. His brilliant form for Dundee led to that move and his Scotland call up. If Hanlon or anyone else had shown enough to have £1m buds accepted or rejected at Hendrys age in fact whatever age then I’m sure they would be in contention too. There’s a reason he just went for over £1m and for that reason he’s in the squad.

Blog Entries
    He’s near the squad because he was that good the best team in the country paid over £1m for him regardless of his past teams or form before Dundee. His brilliant form for Dundee led to that move and his Scotland call up. If Hanlon or anyone else had shown enough to have £1m buds accepted or rejected at Hendrys age in fact whatever age then I’m sure they would be in contention too. There’s a reason he just went for over £1m and for that reason he’s in the squad.
    Sorry but that's nonsense. If an English championship team had signed him for a million or so he wouldn't be near the team. Oli Burke has been transferred for a total of over £20m & he's not quoted. It's 100% down to him being a Celtc (mostly reserve) player. Have a look at the under age teams to see the pervasive influence of the uglies throughout Scottish football.

Left by mutual consent!
    Sorry but that's nonsense. If an English championship team had signed him for a million or so he wouldn't be near the team. Oli Burke has been transferred for a total of over £20m & he's not quoted. It's 100% down to him being a Celtc (mostly reserve) player. Have a look at the under age teams to see the pervasive influence of the uglies throughout Scottish football.
    Hendry was brilliant for Dundee. He then moved for £1m and is very young with bags of potential our Champions or down South he deserves to be in with a shout. Who would you prefer in instead apart from Lindsay?

Hendry was brilliant for Dundee. He then moved for £1m and is very young with bags of potential our Champions or down South he deserves to be in with a shout. Who would you prefer in instead apart from Lindsay?
    how many games have you seen hendry play?

Which games was Hendry Brilliant for Dundee?

A Scotland call up isn't just an honour for Hendry. It's an honour for his team - Celtic reserves.