hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cummings??

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar

Cummings??

Now, sure as eggs is eggs someone will be posting that Cummings wasn't dropped on Saturday but was carrying a niggle and left out as a precaution.

However, assuming he was dropped when do folks think he will be back as a starter?

Personally I think he needs to be rested until he gets the idea that it is about the team scoring goals and not about his scoring prowess. Saturday shows that we can score without him and it will hopefully make him think.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I read or heard (either here on the radio) that he fell out with Lennon, though this was not substantiated. I also suspect that if this was the case there'd be more than a few threads about it on here. Guessing he was actually injured then?

First Team Breakthrough Coults1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crabis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now, sure as eggs is eggs someone will be posting that Cummings wasn't dropped on Saturday but was carrying a niggle and left out as a precaution.

However, assuming he was dropped when do folks think he will be back as a starter?

Personally I think he needs to be rested until he gets the idea that it is about the team scoring goals and not about his scoring prowess. Saturday shows that we can score without him and it will hopefully make him think.
    I reckon he will be back next game depending on Keatings' injury. Really think Lennon is trying to make him see the bigger picture and trying to nurture him into becoming a brilliant striker. May seem harsh to drop him if hes not taking his chances as all strikers go through a "drought" but Cummings has came on so well over the last few years id imagine he can only get better under Lennon's guidance.

He was out of form with players eager to start and impress, i.e Keatings. Whos been playing well and doesnt deserved to be dropped for a player out of form.

Havent heard of anything other than that. He needs to work hard to get back into the team.

First Team Regular Highland_Hibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Amusing Munch PSN ID: Amusing_Munch
    We have 3 other strikers all of which were involved in at least one of each of our goals on Saturday. It's not the JC show and if players are scoring I'm happy for them to be in the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crabis View Post

Unless there are injuries I would imagine NL will go with the same team this Saturday.

When Keatings went off I thought it would be natural that JC came on however with Boyle taking his place it will surely act as a reminder that JC isn't exactly flavour of the month and will need to work to get his place back.

Sure as eggs is eggs....people on here still think we have injured players on the bench.

Cummings will replace Keatings on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    deleted
    Whats the point in posts like this?
    Last edited by Mr White; 24-10-2016 at 06:35 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Whats the point in posts like this?
    Beats me, trying to be smart I suppose & failed miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    deleted
    Living up to your name, I see
    Last edited by Mr White; 24-10-2016 at 06:34 PM.

Some people have the most ridiculous opinion about Jason's attitude based on absolutely no facts.

I genuinely think they think they know him based on how he looks and speaks to media.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Some people have the most ridiculous opinion about Jason's attitude based on absolutely no facts.

I genuinely think they think they know him based on how he looks and speaks to media.
    I agree. Jason is a confident young lad and hopefully that same confidence will never be knocked out of him.

Tam McManus said he had heard that Cummings had put on a couple of pounds over the international weekend. Which Lennon was not happy about.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 Mickey Weir View Post
    Tam McManus said he had heard that Cummings had put on a couple of pounds over the international weekend. Which Lennon was not happy about.
    I said on a previous thread that I doubted this.

Hibs never had a break so to speak and were still training and playing st the weekends. Even if his diet was atrocious for a week there would be very little weight gain, never mind noticeable.

He may of been a bit sluggish but I seriously doubt it.

I'm sure McManus has contacts etc but I find it very hard to believe that this is true.

Cummings he bulked up considerably since coming on the scene, he is a muscular boy with very little fat on him.

@hibs.net private member

Hibs never had a break so to speak and were still training and playing st the weekends. Even if his diet was atrocious for a week there would be very little weight gain, never mind noticeable.

I'm sure McManus has contacts etc but I find it very hard to believe that this is true.

Cummings he bulked up considerably since coming on the scene, he is a muscular boy with very little fat on him.
    Maybe he didn't turn up to get weighed or something?

It's actually refreshing to see someone like Cummings having to fight to secure a start. This can only be healthy.
    It was also good to see Holt, Shinnie, Graham and Keatings making it hard for Lennon to drop them. Keep scoring boys and maybe we can feel a lot easier about over-relying on Cummings for our goals. As for Cummings himself, I like to think that he will return sharper, hungrier and with an additional dimension to his game - such as offering far more when he is not on the ball.
    Last edited by Hi Heid Yin; 24-10-2016 at 09:14 PM.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Maybe he didn't turn up to get weighed or something?
    Did Cummings attend the team day/ night bonding session.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Sounds like you may already know the answer to your own question!

He will be back when the manager decides he is ready to play. He needed dropped.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    With Keatings injured, Boyle performing well when he came on and Graham getting a goal on saturday it'll be interesting to see who plays up front against St Mirren. I'm assuming Holt will start.

Notice how Cummings was fine before he fell in with Stokes who got him involved in an Irish republican drug cartel? I'm hearing that they have taken Lennon's family hostage and that him being dropped was a result of Lennon standing firm and showing he can't be intimidated.

The good news is that Police Scotland are on the case and expect to have their investigations concluded by the 12th July 2030.

@hibs.net private member
    No idea mate. Do you know?

McManus got that little bit of info at the golf day.

Mu guess would be that NL wants players who are going to give more in terms of effort when not on the ball and he does have to know that this is a team game and not all about JC. If you don't perform you won't play, which is a good message for the rest. I like JC and don't expect him to miss too many games but complacency could be his down fall at Hibs, I think NL is managing him.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    No idea mate. Do you know?
    Me neither bud, that's why I was asking.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 Mickey Weir View Post
    Muscle of course weighs more than fat .

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Notice how Cummings was fine before he fell in with Stokes who got him involved in an Irish republican drug cartel? I'm hearing that they have taken Lennon's family hostage and that him being dropped was a result of Lennon standing firm and showing he can't be intimidated.

The good news is that Police Scotland are on the case and expect to have their investigations concluded by the 12th July 2030.
    Your information's not right on this one, Bob.

There was a kidnapp plot but the buffoons they hired to do the job got in a mix up and somehow managed to kidnapp Mark Warburton instead. They got him on 21st May and held him for a month but then released him without a ransom because he's worth ****** all.

What really happened was that Rod got wind of Cummings ties to a Far Eat match-fixing syndicate and confronted him. JC threw a pint of red wine over him. Rod told Lennon that JC was out the team - and with an AGM coming up, Lennon couldn't afford to disobey orders.

Me neither bud, that's why I was asking.
    He was there....and he enjoyed a slushy.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    Mu guess would be that NL wants players who are going to give more in terms of effort when not on the ball and he does have to know that this is a team game and not all about JC. If you don't perform you won't play, which is a good message for the rest. I like JC and don't expect him to miss too many games but complacency could be his down fall at Hibs, I think NL is managing him.
    Jason has been working his arse off so in my opinion that's a lot of pish.