hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Thomson

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Always trouble? The trouble at Hibs started after KT left when al players went to Petries door regarding Collins. Thomson wasn’t the one that handed in a transfer request let’s remind ourselves. Then along come Butcher and can you honestly say that KT was wrong regarding him? And then Stubbs, I cannot remember one bit of trouble caused, instead he went out of his way pre-cup final to help the younger boys.
    I'm sure he also played for us for free for a while when he returned.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Just a thought, maybe if Hibs had kept their word and gave him the coaching role he was told about when he came back for his 3rd spell he wouldn't have ended up back at the Huns?

Coaching bairns at Rangers is no better or worse than scoring goals for Celtic but half this forum seem to spend their time on here rimming the hoop of Leigh Griffiths, is that purely because he's at Celtic and not Rangers cause I don't see any difference in the two?
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by JDHibs View Post
    Mans got to make a living, so good luck to him!

Helped us win the Scottish Cup and had 3 spells at us, will always be a legend to me.

Everyone makes mistakes by the way, for all those who feel they can sit on their wee high horse....

Is a wee high horse the same as a a normal sized horse?😀

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    I'm sure he also played for us for free for a while when he returned.

He did.

his interview on the Monday night fitba podcast (I think that’s what it’s called) is really insightful into what Hibs mean to KT, his regrets over how he left Hibs (more than once), his highs and lows with Hibs, how he was fed to get a chance to play for Hibs a second and third time, even unpaid, and just how much the fans responded to him the second time means to him. He pays his way into ER with his sons, and was apparently gutted to lose the opportunity to work as a coach with Hibs.

i like most was pissed off with how he left for rangers, but he’s tried to make amends and can rightly say he played a crucial part in us winning the Scottish Cup.

Theres plenty players who have **** on Hibs and us over the years, worse the KT by a distance (imo of course).

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    He did.

his interview on the Monday night fitba podcast (I think that’s what it’s called) is really insightful into what Hibs mean to KT, his regrets over how he left Hibs (more than once), his highs and lows with Hibs, how he was fed to get a chance to play for Hibs a second and third time, even unpaid, and just how much the fans responded to him the second time means to him. He pays his way into ER with his sons, and was apparently gutted to lose the opportunity to work as a coach with Hibs.

i like most was pissed off with how he left for rangers, but he’s tried to make amends and can rightly say he played a crucial part in us winning the Scottish Cup.

Theres plenty players who have **** on Hibs and us over the years, worse the KT by a distance (imo of course).
    Well said

He did.

Well said 👍🏼

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    When i was 22 and somebody was offering to make me a millionaire for playing football i would probably have bitched about Hibs and anybody else i needed to, to make it happen at the time.

Its easy to take the high ground when its a situation you've not been faced with.
    Whittaker got the same move presumably also got good money, got Hibs a good fee and enjoyed his league cup day out with us to leave on a high.

I’ve not heard Hibbies say a bad word about him.

Conclusion - it’s not just going to the Old Huns that makes folk think you’re a bit of an arse.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Whittaker got the same move presumably also got good money, got Hibs a good fee and enjoyed his league cup day out with us to leave on a high.

Conclusion - it’s not just going to the Old Huns that makes folk think you’re a bit of an arse.
    Correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm convinced.

He's a living saint.

When you set up the testimonial committee, I'm in.

Only one game we can play there. Got to be our old pals, the Teddy Bears. I've got a contact who can do half and half scarves.

Cannae wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    I'm convinced.

He's a living saint.

When you set up the testimonial committee, I'm in.

Only one game we can play there. Got to be our old pals, the Teddy Bears. I've got a contact who can do half and half scarves.

Cannae wait.
    Yet Scott "dunno" transfer request Brown remains a hero with some. I don't get it. Old firm are bad as each other.

@hibs.net private member
    He did.

I agree with this having held the same views as other posters on this thread.

Having sat in on the interview, the impression I (like yourself) got was KT was incredibly regretful over how that whole scenario happened. It all stemmed from him and Brown employing McKay as their agent which totally annoyed Collins.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post

Well said. Glad KT isn't anywhere near Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post

You are entitled to your opinion of course.

Do you know Kevin ? Do you know anything about his coaching sessions ?

I can tell you that his training sessions are magnificent - cannot believe he's gone to The Huns, he would have been a fantastic addition to the Coaching Staff at East Mains. Instead, he'll be coaching the Rangers Under 13s

Hibs loss is Rangers gain

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    He sits near me...pays for his own ST and his kids.
    Yes - good luck to KT - good job and all that but I think I know where he'd rather be

There's a few that need to grow up a bit on here I think - but with football supporters that's like asking a gorilla to give up bananas. Thomson was the captain of our side years ago as a relative youngster of 22. The club made the perhaps understandable mistake of allowing a certain national tabloid regular access to the young KT as per his position as captain to write a weekly column (as did all SPL clubs at the time I think) and this turned out to be a bad thing for both Hibs and the player as the inevitable result was exposing the young Thomo to unadulterated **** like Traynor and Jackson on a regular basis.

Thomson along with Brown got Willie Mackay as their agent who was ALWAYS going to push like mad for big money deals for both of them. He did his job well - much to every Hibs fan's disapointment but the club was paid very well - but Thomson through his weekly column managed to put on an exhibition in digging a hole and burying yourself as far as Hibs fans were concerned - ably abbeted by Traynor and Jackson at every step of the way I would imagine.

Years later now I think Thomson has grown up and has long since realised his mistake - me? Well I was mightily pissed off at him at the time for apparently abusing his position as captain to engineer a move - but on reflection I'd quite possibly have come out with some even more stupid things than he did if I'd had to write a column in a pressure situation like that at the tender age of 22. And meanwhile his best pal Brown said nothing and took a route to the other arse cheek of Glasgow for even more money and came out smelling of roses!

At the end of it all Thomson is a Hibs fan and has proved that again and again over the years but he's also a football pro and so I wish him good luck in his new role - if there's one thing the club should have learned from that whole sorry episode though - if you allow your skipper to write a regular column for the press he is not just talking for himself but is a spokesman for the club - so make sure and vet it before publishing.
    Last edited by basehibby; 10-01-2018 at 11:28 PM.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Our of interest, why??

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Just a thought, maybe if Hibs had kept their word and gave him the coaching role he was told about when he came back for his 3rd spell he wouldn't have ended up back at the Huns?

Coaching bairns at Rangers is no better or worse than scoring goals for Celtic but half this forum seem to spend their time on here rimming the hoop of Leigh Griffiths, is that purely because he's at Celtic and not Rangers cause I don't see any difference in the two?

Maybe be its because Griffiths didn't **** us over unlike Thomson?

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    I think Thomson is a fanny and I’ve thought that for a long time.

Don’t care if he has a season ticket at Easter Road; I still think he’s a fanny.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Maybe be its because Griffiths didn't **** us over unlike Thomson?
    He also didn’t make us £2m, play for free, or win a Scottish cup with us. Scott brown shat all over us that year and arguably played a huge part in our capitulation including losing to ****ing Dunfermline at Hampden, yet he’s still some sort of hero.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    He also didn’t make us £2m, play for free, or win a Scottish cup with us. Scott brown shat all over us that year and arguably played a huge part in our capitulation including losing to ****ing Dunfermline at Hampden, yet he’s still some sort of hero.
    Or to put in another way, Scott Brown knuckled down , played some great games and helped us win our first trophy for about 15 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post

Don’t care if he has a season ticket at Easter Road; I still think he’s a fanny.
    Why do you think that ?

When are you all going to stop going on about this guy!

What more has he to do to prove to you he is a true Hibby?

The laddie made a mistake when he was young....... haven't we all?

He admitted to it and apologised and i for one was glad to see him back at Easter Road a second time round.

as far as i can recollect he rejoined us a third time to take up a proposed post with the development academy which the change of manager put an end to.

His new adventure in his coaching school will take time to settle in and its hard enough to earn a decent salary so why shouldnt he take on looking after their bairns?

Lets wish him luck to get on with his life and hope that he wont once again have made the wrong choice.

There are more things going on in the world just now that need to be righted what about the loyalty scheme????

As usual a few keyboard hardmen on here giving it plenty and I can guarantee they'd hide rather than say anything to his face.

He's a fine youth coach - my boy's been at two of his sessions recently. Top drawer, high impact, brilliant way with them all.

More than that he's one of us. A Hibee til he dies. And he had/has a wand of a left peg.
    Last edited by Cropley10; 10-01-2018 at 11:21 PM.

Coward

Quote Originally Posted by hibsboy69 View Post
    Why do you think that ?
    If he was chocolate he’d eat himself.
    PERSEVERE
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Take it you know him, aye?

You clearly don’t know the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    As usual a few keyboard hardmen on here giving it plenty and I can guarantee they'd hide rather than say anything to his face.

He's a fine youth coach - my boy's been at two over his sessions recently. Top drawer, high impact, brilliant way with them all.

More than that he's one of us. A Hibee til he dies. And he had/has a wand of a left peg.
    10/10

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    Or to put in another way, Scott Brown knuckled down , played some great games and helped us win our first trophy for about 15 yrs.
    After causing huge unrest. I don’t have a problem with Scott either, btw, but too many people use a couple of words that KT said 12 years ago to beat him with yet totally forget what really happened that season.

Ps Scott Brown didn’t really have that many decent games the second half of that season, we were already in the final when he played funny buggers with his transfer request and games behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    Coward
    Not sure how this makes me a coward?
    PERSEVERE
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    After causing huge unrest. I don’t have a problem with Scott either, btw, but too many people use a couple of words that KT said 12 years ago to beat him with yet totally forget what really happened that season.

Ps Scott Brown didn’t really have that many decent games the second half of that season, we were already in the final when he played funny buggers with his transfer request and games behind the scenes.

Fair enough....and I agree with you re KT