hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why? He has made all that up.
    It’s not been announced yet so of course it’s made up, it’s a prediction of what’s to come.

I find it depressing because it’s likely to be true.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Unless all clubs share the tv money equally, less games simply means more to the cheeks.

Sent from my KFTBWI using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    **** Sky Sports and **** Neil Doncaster. Tool.

Absolute joke. I will stick to streaming my football for free, not giving money to those parasites.
    and what does that make you?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I think the current deal includes the Scottish Cup. When you add in what we will be getting for the cup during this deal it will be a significant increase on what we’re currently getting.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I think the current deal includes the Scottish Cup. When you add in what we will be getting for the cup during this deal it will be a significant increase on what we’re currently getting.
    Why not tell us that then?

Michael Stewart has questioned the timing of the bids as one of the main bidders is without a CEO just now.

I’m guessing that’s BT Sport and I would agree with him, would seem strange timing if that’s the case, what’s the rush?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Why not tell us that then?

Michael Stewart has questioned the timing of the bids as one of the main bidders is without a CEO just now.

I’m guessing that’s BT Sport and I would agree with him, would seem strange timing if that’s the case, what’s the rush?
    I’m presuming that the Scottish cup deal hasn’t been finalised or officially announced yet.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I’m presuming that the Scottish cup deal hasn’t been finalised or officially announced yet.
    They could tell us this deal doesn’t include that and explain why this deal is better deal because of that.

They could actually promote our game and the ‘deal’ we’ve just got. If it’s a good deal then shout it from the roof tops, get people excited about it.

Looks like a 65% increase if you compare deals and number of games.

That’s pretty good given BT were not willing to get the big Cheque book out.

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Looks like a 65% increase if you compare deals and number of games.

That’s pretty good given BT were not willing to get the big Cheque book out.
    Why are you taking into account the number of games?

Surely that’s largely irrelevant and is a worse thing when it comes to attracting sponsorship?

Surely that’s largely irrelevant and is a worse thing when it comes to attracting sponsorship?
    Why are you getting so steamed up about this?

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Why are you getting so steamed up about this?
    There’s a number of reasons.

I am really enjoying the revival of Scottish football and think this will set it back.

I enjoy having pundits talking positively about our game, I think this will set it back.

I take a lot of pride in Scottish football, I think our broadcaster should as well.

I hate the old firm centric coverage you get from Sky and their tweet announcing the deal with a photo of Rodgers and Gerrard really really annoyed me.

It annoys me that the deal we get is equivalent to about the 8th league in English football (I’m exaggerating I know)

I can not stand Hayley Macqueen, Andy Walker, Charlie Nicholas and Davie Provan

I’m bored and there’s very little else hibs related news to talk about.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    There’s a number of reasons.

I am really enjoying the revival of Scottish football and think this will set it back.

I enjoy having pundits talking positively about our game, I think this will set it back.

I take a lot of pride in Scottish football, I think our broadcaster should as well.

I hate the old firm centric coverage you get from Sky and their tweet announcing the deal with a photo of Rodgers and Gerrard really really annoyed me.

It annoys me that the deal we get is equivalent to about the 8th league in English football (I’m exaggerating I know)

I can not stand Hayley Macqueen, Andy Walker, Charlie Nicholas and Davie Provan

I’m bored and there’s very little else hibs related news to talk about.
    There was a match recently not involving rangers where Hayley McQueen repeatedly reffered to one of the teams as Rangers. Complete farce.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    They could tell us this deal doesn’t include that and explain why this deal is better deal because of that.

They could actually promote our game and the ‘deal’ we’ve just got. If it’s a good deal then shout it from the roof tops, get people excited about it.
    They could try treating us as ADULTS!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    **** Sky Sports and **** Neil Doncaster. Tool.

Absolute joke. I will stick to streaming my football for free, not giving money to those parasites.
    So you will give your money to an IPTV provider who contributes zero to the game. Might not be the best deal but BT were not interested. Who's the parasite?

I agree with many of your points but I don’t get this thought.

If there is more money being brought in to the game as a result of this, I’m not sure how it’s setting the game back?

I like BT’s coverage but I think it’s being exaggerated how much they do for the game. How often do they have Scottish football content on their channels? Once a week, every second week perhaps?

The 4 home game rule is total crap.the biggest games need to be on the box.if that means more Rangers and Celtic home games v hibs.hearts and Aberdeen so be it

Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    The 4 home game rule is total crap.the biggest games need to be on the box.if that means more Rangers and Celtic home games v hibs.hearts and Aberdeen so be it
    Agreed. That would market the game and show it in a better light more than any amount of positive chat from pundits.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I agree with many of your points but I don’t get this thought.

If there is more money being brought in to the game as a result of this, I’m not sure how it’s setting the game back?

I like BT’s coverage but I think it’s being exaggerated how much they do for the game. How often do they have Scottish football content on their channels? Once a week, every second week perhaps?
    Before games which I think is when people want it.

Having it on a Tuesday night or something I don’t think is much interest, imo people would rather have a decent pre game build up.

Bt sport weren’t perfect and I agree how good they are has been exaggerated, especially as they’ve only offered us a pittance as well by the sounds of it.

I don’t think the increase in tv money will positively effect our game that much, we compete with lower league clubs in England for players and it sounds like they’ve just had an increased tv deal as well. They’re shouting their deal from the rooftops though so I’m guessing they’ve got a better increase than us.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar

If less on TV, potentially more of the favoured 3pm Sat kick-off.

Every cloud and all that.

BT haven't been completely impartial in their coverage either to be fair:

Trying to think of positives for Sky coverage, I guess the games will be available to a wider audience - I know some of my English mates are more likely to stick on an SPL game if it's on Sky, as most of them have it as opposed to BT.

The 4 home game rule( or whatever it is) is total crap.the biggest games need to be on the box.if that means more Rangers and Celtic home games v hibs.hearts and Aberdeen so be it

@hibs.net private member
    Does anyone know the split in the income i.e. How much Hibs would get out of this?

The money is absolutely chicken feed and once again the administrators of our game have failed spectacularly in selling our league as a product.

BT Sport aren't being left with much, are they?

I can't see them keeping many subscriptions.

There must be trouble round the corner for someone in this ultra-competitive field......

Before games which I think is when people want it.

Having it on a Tuesday night or something I don’t think is much interest, imo people would rather have a decent pre game build up.

Bt sport weren’t perfect and I agree how good they are has been exaggerated, especially as they’ve only offered us a pittance as well by the sounds of it.

I don’t think the increase in tv money will positively effect our game that much, we compete with lower league clubs in England for players and it sounds like they’ve just had an increased tv deal as well. They’re shouting their deal from the rooftops though so I’m guessing they’ve got a better increase than us.
    For all the talk of talking our game up, it inevitably comes back to a comparison with England in some way. We need to forget England, it’s an irrelevance to us really. They get substantially more and always will, probably because the broadcasters make substantially more from English based subscriptions and more people wanting to watch English games.

I’m not saying we should just have taken any old increase and been delighted with it, far from it. Given Doncaster was leading the process who even knows if we got the best possible deal. If the demand isn’t there from the competitors there is only so much you can do though.
    Last edited by B.H.F.C; 19-11-2018 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Does anyone know the split in the income i.e. How much Hibs would get out of this?

The money is absolutely chicken feed and once again the administrators of our game have failed spectacularly in selling our league as a product.
    Usually based on league position I think.

Left by mutual consent!
    Didn’t the OF vote against us getting the biggest TV deal ever for Scottish football only a few years ago? Can’t remember why they voted against it, but no doubt it was because it never suited them... usual.

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Didn’t the OF vote against us getting the biggest TV deal ever for Scottish football only a few years ago? Can’t remember why they voted against it, but no doubt it was because it never suited them... usual.
    Although - is this not now the biggest tv deal? People don't seem to be overly happy with it - what would the reaction be if Celtc and Rangers kicked this deal out?

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    The Old Firm and Aberdeen voted against Setanta's bid which was the biggest bid the SPL ever recieved, SKY offered the same koney (£125m) but they offered it ocer 5 years compared to Setanta's four years,the Old Firm and Aberdeen were defeated but ultimately proven correct

This deal is apparently worth £170m pver five years

What we see today is that BT don’t ‘care’ about Scottish football, while we all look at the league deal, they have lost the league cup too. They have built up a niche of making out they care, they should have put their money where their mouth is.

Also on this issue, if they didn’t have a live game, they never did any of Scottish football programmes, nothing. They could have done a preview show from London but they only did extended build-up on a live game.

Sky will need to up their game when they get exclusive rights. I like what they did with Edinburgh Derby day in March, a whole day doing live stuff in the city. They did a good fixtures day and went around the clubs before the season started, they can do it when they want to.

More money and less games on TV, fair enough.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    Totally agree.