hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar

Diaz v McGregor 2

I'm looking forward to this.

I want Diaz to win but I think McGregor will last a bit longer this time.
    It could easily go either way but I would love to see him tapping out again :

2. Log in to remove the advert

Looking forward to this as well. Conor has never proved he has a ground game and Diaz showed it up last time. I'd expect him to look to do the same again, if it stays on their feet for 5 rounds Conor will win.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Diaz submission in the 3rd! Got a fiver on it haha

Hope McGreggor does the business this time. He's an arrogant barsteward but sport needs it's personalities and that's what Conor has. Boxing and MMA need the guys everybody loves to hate.

He seems to have really got down to business in training this time and I think we will see things last a bit longer this time.

I like the Diaz brothers as well so hoping for a good fight.

Hope mcgregor gets battered.

He's a rude, disrespectful wee prick.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    What time is the fight due to start?

Found it
    Last edited by Allant1981; 20-08-2016 at 09:19 PM.

I can see this being a very physical fight. I legitimately think they hate each other and mcgregor especially wants to hurt him.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What time is the fight due to start?

Found it
    You mind sharing the time, don't really watch this but may stay up to watch it.

Who is favourite, what round, any tips.

Think fight is due at 5am .

What a fight. Diaz looks like he has been in a car crash.

Too close to call imo.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    For once it's great to stay up all night and watch a belter of a fight, look forward to the inevitable 3rd fight

Diaz can take some punishment

Will there be a third deciding bout between the two? Maybe some mileage in it

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Great fight was worried for mcgregor going into the 3rd thought he'd blown his load again but done very well to stay in it IMO looking forward to fight 3 if Diaz accepts the drop to 155

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Good fight although I'm disappointed in McGregor just kicking his legs over and over and running away.
    MCGregor himself has slagged off people for just kicking legs in the past.
    I thought Nate had him in the 3rd.

Not too fussed about a 3rd fight now tbh.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Testimonial Due
    Not a UFC fan usually, but always drawn in by a McGregor fight with all the publicity he gets. Watched a replay earlier this morning and that was a really good fight, not your typical UFC match where 2 semi naked men roll about on the ground for the entire match. I'm not sure how these fights are scored, but to the untrained eye I would've said that Diaz won, although it was pretty close. McGregor has clearly learned from the previous fight.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Good fight although I'm disappointed in McGregor just kicking his legs over and over and running away.

Well I guess he had to adapt and if that meant modifying his tactics to those he isn't happy with and has criticised in the past, so be it. It worked for him

That was an incredible fight, decision could have went anyway but winning the first 10-8 was probably the deciding factor.

Conor had to "run away" at some points as he said because Diaz durability is unreal. He was literally leaking from the face and still trying to push forward, no fighter could have just stood and engaged for 25 mins.

The 3rd fight is a cert at 155 which will no doubt lead to conor trying to take on that divisional. Can't see him going back to 145 after all he did beat the no1 contender in 12 secs. He'll probably vacate title and go after 155 belt.

I thought Conors defence to the takedowns was a huge factor. He realised after the last fight that he wasn't going to win on the floor. Until the last few seconds Diaz had almost not joy taking it to the ground.

I don't think the way he fought was one he particularly enjoyed but the leg kicks and outside game was largely effective.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post

By "Just kicking his legs over and over and running away" I was shocked at the resulting damage to Nates Face 😉
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I thought Conors defence to the takedowns was a huge factor. He realised after the last fight that he wasn't going to win on the floor. Until the last few seconds Diaz had almost not joy taking it to the ground.

I don't think the way he fought was one he particularly enjoyed but the leg kicks and outside game was largely effective.
    Thought he did brilliant, obviously a plan formulated by Coach Kav which is a flaw in not only Diaz but also others within his gym as Big Artem (keep it flowy Artem) fought much the same fight against Avila.
    Thought Conor was excellent in the Clinch throwing some great short elbows and his take down defense was also impressive
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post
    Thought he did brilliant, obviously a plan formulated by Coach Kav which is a flaw in not only Diaz but also others within his gym as Big Artem (keep it flowy Artem) fought much the same fight against Avila.
    Thought Conor was excellent in the Clinch throwing some great short elbows and his take down defense was also impressive
    I noticed that Artems game plan was the same and they both worked. Good coaching imho