hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Butcher and His JOB

Come on my fellow Brother and sisters,

This crap about Butcher should go if this or that happens. what the heck is this all about. Have we lost sight of who's team this really Is.

Fenlon!! was the one who brought this BUNCH OF NO-HOPPERS to HIB'S Not Butcher. so come on Give the man a decent run for his money and our sanity. he has always said that come summer new faces will be coming in and that Christmas time was no time for panic buy's.

November to this day is not long enough for us to Judge, we are a big club but that doesn't give us the right to be one of the best over night, for to long now the board have sacked Managers for not getting results, when what we should be doing is giving he manager a fair crack at the Job and allow them to show what they can do.

Two more seasons for Butcher enough time for him to get results and give us back our pride.

LONG GONE ARE THE TURNBULL YEARS.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Get ready...

They weren't rubbish when Fenlon was here though. Craig, Nelson, Harris, Collins and McGivern were all better players under Fenlon.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by thefifer1959 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

This crap about Butcher should go if this or that happens. what the heck is this all about. Have we lost sight of who's team this really Is.

Fenlon!! was the one who brought this BUNCH OF NO-HOPPERS to HIB'S Not Butcher. so come on Give the man a decent run for his money and our sanity. he has always said that come summer new faces will be coming in and that Christmas time was no time for panic buy's.

November to this day is not long enough for us to Judge, we are a big club but that doesn't give us the right to be one of the best over night, for to long now the board have sacked Managers for not getting results, when what we should be doing is giving he manager a fair crack at the Job and allow them to show what they can do.

Two more seasons for Butcher enough time for him to get results and give us back our pride.

Yes, lets give the guy a chance. He has already stated he brought in loans over the X-mas break because he had players lined up for the summer. He has once again stated that we just need to stay up and there are players that will come. I'd rather bring in some quality than make a rush signing - people are saying "Doherty" and "Soares" had an affect at Hibs? Haha yeah, both by being a poor standard of player. Doherty couldn't have given 2 tosses about our thrashing in the SC Final and I recall him making a statement on his Twitter account saying "Another day tomorrow to get the rest of my shopping done!" after the derby (probably got some shopping done in Glasgow whilst through). He clearly viewed his time up at Hibs as a bit of a holiday. Soares flattered to deceive and did pretty much nothing. O'Donovan scored 1 goal in 14 games and is proclaimed to have had a bigger effect than what we have. Eh, Watmore is better than all 3 of these but has, sadly, not been given any protection by the refs. Clearly chopped down in Raith games and against Killie. There is an intent to injure as well.

This "sack the manager" trash has to stop. Terry is looking visibly ill and frustrated. I'd take a manager who appears to care, I'd take an assistant that rants back at the abusive fans any day. Better that than having solemn wasters who couldn't give a toss (aka Calderwood).

This is Fenlon and Calderwoods fault. Calderwood destroyed moral at the club to almost disastrous levels, and was smug and aloof about it. Fenlon tried to recover some respect and did that. However, we must look forward and move forward.

WE NEED TO STOP THINKING ABOUT BYGONE DAYS!

I agree, far too early IMO to be calling for Butcher to go. He is still working with a bunch of gutless nobodies that Fenlon cobbled together. He didn't do much in the January window, he obviously thought he had enough in the team to see out the season and then the work would start in the summer for the new season (TBF he like everybody else could never have predicted how heavily we would spiral).

He hasn't covered himself in glory with some of his substitutions but I will reserve my judgment on him until after he has had time and the chance to clear out Fenlons utter garbage of a team and build HIS squad.

He has a better chance of turning things around if we give him a bit of support. I understand how frustrated we all are and we have every right to be but I think turning on the manager and wanting him to leave already is a bit ridiculous IMO.

Butcher has to go, he has managed to oversee the biggest collapse of Hibs team that I can recall

Blog Entries

Your choice of language to describe the strong desire to see the back of Butcher is more suited to his performance and the way he has dragged us to the point of hopelessness. Even a blindfolded monkey would have 'lucked' us to a few more results than he has. If he somehow flukes a couple of performances and keeps us up, I will reluctantly agree that he should get some time to show his worth. If we go down, I think his position would be untenable. Personally I hope he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Yes, lets give the guy a chance. He has already stated he brought in loans over the X-mas break because he had players lined up for the summer. He has once again stated that we just need to stay up and there are players that will come. I'd rather bring in some quality than make a rush signing - people are saying "Doherty" and "Soares" had an affect at Hibs? Haha yeah, both by being a poor standard of player. Doherty couldn't have given 2 tosses about our thrashing in the SC Final and I recall him making a statement on his Twitter account saying "Another day tomorrow to get the rest of my shopping done!" after the derby (probably got some shopping done in Glasgow whilst through). He clearly viewed his time up at Hibs as a bit of a holiday. Soares flattered to deceive and did pretty much nothing. O'Donovan scored 1 goal in 14 games and is proclaimed to have had a bigger effect than what we have. Eh, Watmore is better than all 3 of these but has, sadly, not been given any protection by the refs. Clearly chopped down in Raith games and against Killie. There is an intent to injure as well.

This "sack the manager" trash has to stop. Terry is looking visibly ill and frustrated. I'd take a manager who appears to care, I'd take an assistant that rants back at the abusive fans any day. Better that than having solemn wasters who couldn't give a toss (aka Calderwood).

This is Fenlon and Calderwoods fault. Calderwood destroyed moral at the club to almost disastrous levels, and was smug and aloof about it. Fenlon tried to recover some respect and did that. However, we must look forward and move forward.

WE NEED TO STOP THINKING ABOUT BYGONE DAYS!
    Stop thinking about bygone days but 99 percent of this post is about how keek previous players and managers were? If were forgetting bygone days then you're asking us to judge the situation as it is in its present condition. Which is utter terrible.

For what its worth Fenlons time at Hibs was coming to an end. But none of this is on him. This is Butchers mess and his alone.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    They weren't rubbish when Fenlon was here though. Craig, Nelson, Harris, Collins and McGivern were all better players under Fenlon.
    Under your reasoning, would Messi and Ronaldo be relegation candidates under a different manager? Good players are good players regardless of who their manager is. Never does a good player go from an absolute Hero to a Zero because one person changes. Put it this way, why does Craig now regularly try a hooked volley pass (without looking)? Because sadly, they are bottle merchants. I have seen Stanton and KT keep the ball in tight situations and keep the ball and make space and create. Every single other seems to have **** their pants and wants to offload the ball pronto.

McGivern has been useless at crossing and grossly unable to get back (due to fitness and pace) even whilst Fenlon was here. The only difference is Fenlon told him to stay within his own half and never cross. "Get it to Griffiths" was Fenlons motto and rightly so. Harris is just back from a horrendously long injury layoff so I can't imagine what you are basing this on?

Nelson and Collins. Where do I begin? Nelson played better when Hanlon was in the team because I cannot stress how important Hanlon is for us. People slate him but he is actually not an awful defender and can pass! Nelson has regularly kicked the ball out of play all season as far as I can recall. I guess we were playing more side-ways passing under Fenlon though...Collins, has never looked a better player, he has been consistently average. Huge workrate but no peaks or troughs in performances really - indifferent.

What people are also forgetting is that Butcher has had to put up with one of the worst injury records the club has suffered for a few years. Some of our crucial players have been injured at the wrong times.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Stop thinking about bygone days but 99 percent of this post is about how keek previous players and managers were? If were forgetting bygone days then you're asking us to judge the situation as it is in its present condition. Which is utter terrible.

For what its worth Fenlons time at Hibs was coming to an end. But none of this is on him. This is Butchers mess and his alone.
    Yes. I'm pointing out that people keep harping on about how good Fenlon was and we were in 5th, blah blah blah. They seem to have forgotten the bad times and/or are suppressing them. Things were equally poor then and we sacked managers. Fenlon got 2 years. People want Butcher out after 7 months without a summer transfer window, it is just ludicrous. His mess alone? I've never heard so much nonsense, really haven't. He has 3 players, out of a large squad, who he actually brought in. None of it is on Fenlon...haha when does he get knighted?

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Craig - lots of detractors while he was playing under Fenlon.
    Nelson - people were moaning how poor his distribution was from the get go.
    Harris - injured mostly and slowly returning, so can't compare.
    Collins - always praised for effort, but was under pressure before Butcher came in
    McGivern - this guy has been pretty inept all season.

Before Fenlon left we were a football team going absolutely nowhere. We were in the top 6 but had just been beaten by Hearts, and outplayed by Aberdeen. It was clear to many that this team was not a top6 team. Inverness, Motherwell, Aberdeen, and Dundee Utd were all looking in better shape than us under Fenlon. Butcher managed a brief partial revival, before killing the team spirt with his comments about their quality etc.

Butcher has mismanaged the situation, but under no circumstances were the players good enough under Fenlon.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Good players are good players regardless of who their manager is.
    Good managers get the best out of what is available to them. Your reasoning here is totally flawed as it implies that the players will always perform to their level regardless of who is in charge. Why even have a manager?

He is doing a bad job.

Yes. I'm pointing out that people keep harping on about how good Fenlon was and we were in 5th, blah blah blah. They seem to have forgotten the bad times and/or are suppressing them. Things were equally poor then and we sacked managers. Fenlon got 2 years. People want Butcher out after 7 months without a summer transfer window, it is just ludicrous. His mess alone? I've never heard so much nonsense, really haven't. He has 3 players, out of a large squad, who he actually brought in. None of it is on Fenlon...haha when does he get knighted?
    No-one has forgotten the bad times, but just because we were bad before doesn't make this ok. We have completely capitulated and I don't see why anyone would want to trust him with building our team for next season. He has absolutely demolished a boring, average SPFL team and turned them into the worst team in the league by a distance.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by mchibee View Post
    Good managers get the best out of what is available to them. Your reasoning here is totally flawed as it implies that the players will always perform to their level regardless of who is in charge. Why even have a manager?

He is doing a bad job.

No, you have grossly misunderstood what I stated. Are you saying that under a different manager Ronaldo would be tripping over his laces and looking like a right idiot? No, he wouldn't. He may play better, he may play worse depending on the style that the manager deploys. One things for sure though is if TB arranged for Ronaldo or Messi to play for us in the playoffs they would not, even under him, look like they should be amateur footballers...

Sadly, like many Hibs fans, you are on a witch hunt (for understandable reasons) but to defend these players and attack the manager is futile and stupid. We sack another manager forking out compensation, we keep these wasters and eventually they'll walk out for free to other clubs and play well for whatever manager is there. Then we'll get a new manager, he'll bring in his own players (wasting money) and we wake up put our foot in the same puddle and realise it is Groundhog day.

Rankin being an example as he has played well for many managers but just not at Hibs. Doyle is doing better down south than he did for us at Hibs etc. Butcher has done a bad job but to suggest a manager is responsible for "professional" footballers being professional is flawed. It is a job. Could you blame your manager if you were useless? No. So why can footballers who earn 1k+ a week minimum? Ridiculous.

As far as I can see, Butcher has told the players to wipe their own ****** but most seem to have enjoyed getting the Andrex supplied for them...I sense a John Collins (esque) type situation here.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    No-one has forgotten the bad times, but just because we were bad before doesn't make this ok. We have completely capitulated and I don't see why anyone would want to trust him with building our team for next season. He has absolutely demolished a boring, average SPFL team and turned them into the worst team in the league by a distance.
    Like the people who say "you want protest, you want Petrie out, ok then - what is your plan, what is your plan B, eh?". You want to protest, you want Butcher out, ok then - what is your plan, what is your plan B, eh? Who would you trust to build a team? At the moment, your choices are: "a kid that knows how to put lego together", "gary locke", "a blind man", "danny lennon", "a local garage owner", "a local builder", "terry butcher"...
    I can't help but think, that from the above, for many, our survey will say "a kid that knows how to put lego together"...

He has absolutely demolished a boring, average SPFL team and turned them into the worst team in the league by a distance.
    Some part of me hopes he absolutely demolishes this team further. They have bored me for £22 a week for 2+ years. They have constantly underachieved for years upon years and yet familiars stay around, festering being the suitable word. I might add that the spectacular failures have come on the big stage as well - embarrassment after embarrassment. Some would also argue that if Hibs are a boring, average SPFL team then what the hell is the point?

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar

He is doing a bad job.
    maybe he is getting the best out of them due to them being pish.

This blaming Fenlon for all our problems is becoming pretty boring now.

@hibs.net private member
    Under your reasoning, would Messi and Ronaldo be relegation candidates under a different manager? Good players are good players regardless of who their manager is. Never does a good player go from an absolute Hero to a Zero because one person changes. Put it this way, why does Craig now regularly try a hooked volley pass (without looking)? Because sadly, they are bottle merchants. I have seen Stanton and KT keep the ball in tight situations and keep the ball and make space and create. Every single other seems to have **** their pants and wants to offload the ball pronto.

McGivern has been useless at crossing and grossly unable to get back (due to fitness and pace) even whilst Fenlon was here. The only difference is Fenlon told him to stay within his own half and never cross. "Get it to Griffiths" was Fenlons motto and rightly so. Harris is just back from a horrendously long injury layoff so I can't imagine what you are basing this on?

Nelson and Collins. Where do I begin? Nelson played better when Hanlon was in the team because I cannot stress how important Hanlon is for us. People slate him but he is actually not an awful defender and can pass! Nelson has regularly kicked the ball out of play all season as far as I can recall. I guess we were playing more side-ways passing under Fenlon though...Collins, has never looked a better player, he has been consistently average. Huge workrate but no peaks or troughs in performances really - indifferent.

What people are also forgetting is that Butcher has had to put up with one of the worst injury records the club has suffered for a few years. Some of our crucial players have been injured at the wrong times.
    The truest post of the week.

And if he relegates us??

Never mind the Turnbull era, I'm borderline yearning for the Blobby Williamson era!!

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ionahibby View Post
    Who is blaming Fenlon? - in a positive thread about backing Butcher I've seen nothing but "get him out". I've stated facts about the players Fenlon brought in and sympathised with him for being the guy that came in after Calderwood. How about being bored out our minds about hearing about previous managers and how "we were in 5th", and how the current manager needs sacked. This all originating in largely a thread seeming to want to spread some support for Butcher - so how about all this being "pretty boring now"? In fact, "sack the manager" was "pretty boring" about 10 years ago but it's still trending amongst most fans clearly.

I also have not seen 1 post in this thread saying Fenlon is responsible for "all our problems". Seems to be a large proportion of people struggling to comprehend posts in all honesty. And in doing so try to breed negativity in a thread about supporting the current manager. Once again, no one, I have read on this thread, has said "Fenlon is to blame for all of this". I have seen many upon many threads and posts about "Fenlon had us in 5th and SC Finals and" blah blah blah. I have also seen a post on here that clearly states "This is Butchers mess and his alone.". You fed up of these comments as well, or do managers only get sympathy when they are sacked or walk away?

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    And if he relegates us??

Never mind the Turnbull era, I'm borderline yearning for the Blobby Williamson era!!

If the players relegate us, you mean. They've been here all season. And just incase people have forgotten. Record up until Fenlon left which if these superstars had won every game they could have accumulated 42 points up until end of November alone (Fenlon leaving). Lets have a look why don't we:

L, L, D, W, D, W, W, L, W, D, L, L, L, D = 16 points in 14 games I make it. Hardly terrific is it?

Managers don't relegate teams. Players do. Sooner people realise that the better.

Who was it that brought in Boeteng, Watmore & Haynes (sorry if spelt wrong). These players have contributed nothing, can't blame Fenlon for them.

First Team Breakthrough persevere1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ionahibby View Post

Theirs only one person to blame for the demise of Hibs this season and thats who ever was responsible for not getting Griffiths and worse than that not getting in a competent replacement, IMHO Hibs are by no way the worst team in the SPL, Hibs are suffering because in 38 games we've scored just 31 goals pure and simple, the stats dont lie, if you dont score you can have all the possesion or build up play in the world it matters not a jot if they score the one chance and you squander all yours end of.

No, you have grossly misunderstood what I stated. Are you saying that under a different manager Ronaldo would be tripping over his laces and looking like a right idiot? No, he wouldn't. He may play better, he may play worse depending on the style that the manager deploys. One things for sure though is if TB arranged for Ronaldo or Messi to play for us in the playoffs they would not, even under him, look like they should be amateur footballers...

Sadly, like many Hibs fans, you are on a witch hunt (for understandable reasons) but to defend these players and attack the manager is futile and stupid. We sack another manager forking out compensation, we keep these wasters and eventually they'll walk out for free to other clubs and play well for whatever manager is there. Then we'll get a new manager, he'll bring in his own players (wasting money) and we wake up put our foot in the same puddle and realise it is Groundhog day.

Rankin being an example as he has played well for many managers but just not at Hibs. Doyle is doing better down south than he did for us at Hibs etc. Butcher has done a bad job but to suggest a manager is responsible for "professional" footballers being professional is flawed. It is a job. Could you blame your manager if you were useless? No. So why can footballers who earn 1k+ a week minimum? Ridiculous.

As far as I can see, Butcher has told the players to wipe their own ****** but most seem to have enjoyed getting the Andrex supplied for them...I sense a John Collins (esque) type situation here.
    I don't understand the point in comparing Ronaldo and Messi and to those that are underperforming at ER. What I see is a team that were average having been mismanaged and are now in a relegation play off having taken 8 out of 57 points.

What is a more realistic comparison is maybe Tony Pulis and Palace, he didn't take much but took a team that was struggling and really turned them round. Without a summer transfer window. Gus Poyet has done similar at Sunderland. Butcher has done the opposite, in fact quite similar to Hughes at ICT the team is performing worse. Now however it has come about, whether he has told players to leave, whether they don't like the methods employed by him and Malpas or whether the players can't adapt to his tactics.

It IS this one man that is the catalyst for how things are at ER just now, if we were doing well would he be getting the credit, was he getting credit after we beat Hearts at new year?

I've never once defended the players, I think we should keep a few but very little. I don't think performances have been anywhere near acceptable. But I'm not on a witch hunt, I'm just simply agreeing with those that think where we are is unacceptable.

A managers job is to set expectations and make those that don't achieve them accountable. To suggest that a manager isn't responsible for keeping players professional is flawed not the other way round. He is there to manage them of course he is responsible. Look at Celtic with Griffiths and Stokes in the last couple of weeks, they both needed managed.

I'm not hounding him out the door, I just don't feel comfortable based on what I've seen over the last 7 months that he is the man for the job. If he stays I hope i'm wrong.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by coldingham hibs View Post
    Who was it that brought in Boeteng, Watmore & Haynes (sorry if spelt wrong). These players have contributed nothing, can't blame Fenlon for them.
    Are you wanting to play the who brought what in? For amusement because clearly people can't be told:

Soares, Doherty, Francomb, O'Donovan, Kujabi, Clancy, Kuqi? Vine? Mullen? Need I continue really?

Original poster was perhaps a bit over-exuberant in his criticism of Fenlon but his signings, and Calderwoods' signings being wage thieves, and being not great, have set this club back. May I remind you also that Boetang, Watmore and Haynes were brought in as temporary measures and will, barring something apocalyptic, not be here next season...

We cannot blame Fenlon for the 3 but where does the blame lie for the other 16+ others? Butcher still? I'd personally say the players but hey, lets all protect Fenlon and slate Butcher (our current manager btw)...

Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    maybe he is getting the best out of them due to them being pish.
    Absolutely, 8 points out of 57 with a squad that had achieved 27 out of 57 in the first half of the season certainly indicates he has done an excellent job.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    I don't understand the point in comparing Ronaldo and Messi and to those that are underperforming at ER. What I see is a team that were average having been mismanaged and are now in a relegation play off having taken 8 out of 57 points.

What is a more realistic comparison is maybe Tony Pulis and Palace, he didn't take much but took a team that was struggling and really turned them round. Without a summer transfer window. Gus Poyet has done similar at Sunderland. Butcher has done the opposite, in fact quite similar to Hughes at ICT the team is performing worse. Now however it has come about, whether he has told players to leave, whether they don't like the methods employed by him and Malpas or whether the players can't adapt to his tactics.

It IS this one man that is the catalyst for how things are at ER just now, if we were doing well would he be getting the credit, was he getting credit after we beat Hearts at new year?

I've never once defended the players, I think we should keep a few but very little. I don't think performances have been anywhere near acceptable. But I'm not on a witch hunt, I'm just simply agreeing with those that think where we are is unacceptable.

A managers job is to set expectations and make those that don't achieve them accountable. To suggest that a manager isn't responsible for keeping players professional is flawed not the other way round. He is there to manage them of course he is responsible. Look at Celtic with Griffiths and Stokes in the last couple of weeks, they both needed managed.

I'm not hounding him out the door, I just don't feel comfortable based on what I've seen over the last 7 months that he is the man for the job. If he stays I hope i'm wrong.

Please just look at my post regarding form up until November 23rd. If it was simply the manager then clearly, I'm struggling with logical thinking, because all I see is incapable players being brought in on the cheap, managers getting sacked and the next manager gets the same. Is the 5 year plan to continually sack managers over the space of 20 years until we luckily unearth a Hibs supporting "one of us" Alex Ferguson or something? Fans need to get real. We are failing for these reasons:

Other clubs speculate to accumulate; Hibs accumulate to speculate.
    Other clubs strive to get best possible signings in, and as early as possible; Hibs leave it until 1 week before season starts and sign players then (3rd, 4th, 5th choice signing done on the cheap).
    Other clubs realise that ultimately fans want to see a successful team on the pitch; Hibs think fans just want the club to engage with the community.
    Other clubs have a better relationship with fans; Hibs have systematically disintegrated this through the years.
    Other clubs do rallying calls and pull off big victories; Hibs fail and embarrass fans.

If you want the best, you need the best players and a decent manager. Players will always be more important than a manager. Your Crystal Palace example is flawed mainly due to the fact they have some skilful players that have a bit of class. Plus, guess what, they brought in players like Joe Ledley for a rumored price of 2.5mil. So, once again, argument flawed. Buy the best or expect the worst. Simple as.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Absolutely, 8 points out of 57 with a squad that had achieved 27 out of 57 in the first half of the season certainly indicates he has done an excellent job.
    11 out of those 27 came when under Butcher did they not? So in actual fact:

16 points in 14 games for Fenlon = possibility of 42

Who on here has stated Butcher has done an excellent job? Some people are simply stating he has barely been in the door and hasn't brought in any of his earmarked players. The same fans that gave Fenlon 2 years are wanting Butcher kicked out. Are you lot serious? Not just Jambos sang "Only one Pat Fenlon!" whilst playing us. Remember that one, eh? Fun times sitting in the stands losing and/or struggling to pass the ball forward with the opposition fans singing "One Pat Fenlon!!!". Ah the good old days, eh...

Butcher, you shall, because you aren't Irish and have Rangers links, sadly get a short time at Hibs, and you will get your gonads flayed on an open fire soon enough...

People need to stop defaulting to "Sack the Manager". Has not got us anywhere and continually sets the club back 1-2 years each time. Hence why the club stuck with Fenlon so long. Gave him a chance and they were going to continue to until he left.

Please just look at my post regarding form up until November 23rd. If it was simply the manager then clearly, I'm struggling with logical thinking, because all I see is incapable players being brought in on the cheap, managers getting sacked and the next manager gets the same. Is the 5 year plan to continually sack managers over the space of 20 years until we luckily unearth a Hibs supporting "one of us" Alex Ferguson or something? Fans need to get real. We are failing for these reasons:

Other clubs speculate to accumulate; Hibs accumulate to speculate.
    Other clubs strive to get best possible signings in, and as early as possible; Hibs leave it until 1 week before season starts and sign players then (3rd, 4th, 5th choice signing done on the cheap).
    Other clubs realise that ultimately fans want to see a successful team on the pitch; Hibs think fans just want the club to engage with the community.
    Other clubs have a better relationship with fans; Hibs have systematically disintegrated this through the years.
    Other clubs do rallying calls and pull off big victories; Hibs fail and embarrass fans.

If you want the best, you need the best players and a decent manager. Players will always be more important than a manager. Your Crystal Palace example is flawed mainly due to the fact they have some skilful players that have a bit of class. Plus, guess what, they brought in players like Joe Ledley for a rumored price of 2.5mil. So, once again, argument flawed. Buy the best or expect the worst. Simple as.
    The Palace example is perfectly relevant, it is all relative. £2.5 million is very little in the Premiership. Plus I notice you ignored Hughes and ICT as an example. A manager is responsible for the performance of the team. The fact is, especially as he accrued 11 of those points in the first half of the season, the players were performing to a level. He has changed things and now they have been underperforming

There are other things not right at Hibs, but there is no excuse for the rapid decline of this team. I've can't remember another team capitulate as badly as we have done this season.

And as for discrediting anyone who thinks he is doing a bad job with the Rangers stuff etc.... I haven't read a single post even mention it.

People need to stop defaulting to "Sack the Manager". Has not got us anywhere and continually sets the club back 1-2 years each time. Hence why the club stuck with Fenlon so long. Gave him a chance and they were going to continue to until he left.
    The number of sackings isn't the issue, appointing the wrong person is. Get the right man and you won't have to worry about sacking him.

And before you ask who I suggest, I don't know, but the evidence so far indicates it isn't likely to be Butcher.