hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know that but would prefer to use a standing order or card payment or better still just pay on board the flight.
    What’s the difference between standing order and direct debit? Why would it make a difference to you?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I know that but would prefer to use a standing order or card payment or better still just pay on board the flight.
    Does a card payment not just come out of your bank anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Does a card payment not just come out of your bank anyway?
    All payments come out of your bank. :-)

Standing orders/faster payments usually go out 2 hours.

Card payments are pending for a few days normally.

I prefer to send payments via online banking or standing orders as they debit straight away but either way it doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    What’s the difference between standing order and direct debit? Why would it make a difference to you?
    With a standing order I would control this and any future payments. Direct debit gives authority to the recipient to collect payments.
    Just my preference really. As mentioned, happy to pay on board too.

@hibs.net private member
    With a standing order I would control this and any future payments. Direct debit gives authority to the recipient to collect payments.
    Just my preference really. As mentioned, happy to pay on board too.
    You control a direct debit as well.

Yes I’m aware that I can cancel a direct debit after I’ve set it up😀. The point is that with a standing order it would not need to be cancelled as payments can only be made as and when the account owner authorised a payment. Unless cancelled, a direct debit remains active and the receiving account holder has the right to collect payments.
    I was asked what is the difference between a standing order and a direct debit.
    It just surprised me that I can’t make a payment to HSL by any other means than direct debit for this voluntary £25

@hibs.net private member
    Yes I’m aware that I can cancel a direct debit after I’ve set it up😀. The point is that with a standing order it would not need to be cancelled as payments can only be made as and when the account owner authorised a payment. Unless cancelled, a direct debit remains active and the receiving account holder has the right to collect payments.
    I was asked what is the difference between a standing order and a direct debit.
    It just surprised me that I can’t make a payment to HSL by any other means than direct debit for this voluntary £25
    I think you’re over complicating things.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I think you’re over complicating things.
    Surely it's entirely up to the man how he pays, naw?!
    Last edited by FranckSuzy; 12-08-2018 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Stupid # didn't work!

Quote Originally Posted by madhibby View Post
    I disagree. If it wasn’t for non HSL members joining the flight it might not have happened? The flight isnt cheap and the suggestion seems to be non HSL members have to pay £25 more. it makes me reconsider what I pay to HSL if this sort of moral pressure is being applied.
    Madhibby

Please note there is no intention whatsoever to apply any kind of pressure. Donations from non members are voluntary, in exactly the same way as donations from Members. As we have always said from the start we only want supporters to make donations if they are in a financial position to do so and just as important if they want to make the said donation.

We have a fine balancing act. You may recall in an earlier round we held some raffles and we received some feedback from some Members who thought they should be in the draw without making any additional donation as they had already made a donation that month. Our problem was if we had not requested such a donation we would not have been able to raise any additional funds which of course was the object of the initiative. With this in mind we have tried to keep everyone happy by having a slight differential. While we realise we will never be able to keep everyone happy what we do not want to ever lose sight of is the underlying principle that is involved here, a goodwill donation, given voluntarily by our supporters.

HSL

No option to make a one off card payment or standing order? Likewise not happy setting up a Direct debit.
    Prefer to just hand over cash on flight if anyone willing to collect for HSL?
    Hibby Dave

Yes there is an option to pay by card if you are unhappy about a one off direct debit. If you go to the bottom of the "donate" page on our website you will see a box that suggests that international donators, and those who do not wish to use the Go Cardless system, should click to proceed. If you further navigate to the single donation section you will find an option to select a specified amount. This collection system is administered for us by Stripe and they accepted all card payments.

Hope this helps.

HSL

Cheers- donation made
    Last edited by HibbyDave; 12-08-2018 at 04:29 PM.

First Team Breakthrough madhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    Madhibby

Please note there is no intention whatsoever to apply any kind of pressure. Donations from non members are voluntary, in exactly the same way as donations from Members. As we have always said from the start we only want supporters to make donations if they are in a financial position to do so and just as important if they want to make the said donation.

We have a fine balancing act. You may recall in an earlier round we held some raffles and we received some feedback from some Members who thought they should be in the draw without making any additional donation as they had already made a donation that month. Our problem was if we had not requested such a donation we would not have been able to raise any additional funds which of course was the object of the initiative. With this in mind we have tried to keep everyone happy by having a slight differential. While we realise we will never be able to keep everyone happy what we do not want to ever lose sight of is the underlying principle that is involved here, a goodwill donation, given voluntarily by our supporters.

HSL
    Your comments are appreciated - the person I am travelling with is a non HSL member and having already gone to Greece the cost of the Norway flight is quite a “strain” on his finances!

First Team Breakthrough
    Started this thread when the hope a trip may have been possible for me but unfortunately not this time. Well done to HSL and all involved in laying this on. Hope all the hibees making the journey have a safe and memorable one, jealous asf. Minsk hhmmm 👀

First Team Breakthrough declan macmanus's Avatar
    Hibby Dave

Yes there is an option to pay by card if you are unhappy about a one off direct debit. If you go to the bottom of the "donate" page on our website you will see a box that suggests that international donators, and those who do not wish to use the Go Cardless system, should click to proceed. If you further navigate to the single donation section you will find an option to select a specified amount. This collection system is administered for us by Stripe and they accepted all card payments.

Hope this helps.

HSL
    Donation made.

Anyone know how many of us are in the flight?

Anyone know how many of us are in the flight?
    HibbyDave

There will be 160 on the HSL flight. We are due to leave Edinburgh at 8.30 am on Thursday morning and anticipate landing in Molde at 11.15 local time. Buses have been arranged to take supporters directly to Sportspuben 1911 in the centre of town.

While the pub itself will not be open at that time we have made arrangements with the venue ( the pub is part of a hotel ) for an area exclusively for all Hibs supporters. They have an area which was their former Resturant upstairs which will be open for us from 12 Noon. They have agreed to sell local Norwegian lager for 69Kr / 0.5l. We understand this is normally over 80kr for the same quantity elsewhere. The Management have confirmed they understand the "Scottish fans are great company" and they are looking forward to seeing us. They have asked us to express one thing to all supporters. Drinking outside is strictly prohibited and will result in the Hotel getting into difficulty with local authorities. We trust everyone will respect this. They also tell us that they will try to put on some food at competitive prices.

Hope this helps.

HSL

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Well done HSL an "organisation for the fans"

HibbyDave

There will be 160 on the HSL flight. We are due to leave Edinburgh at 8.30 am on Thursday morning and anticipate landing in Molde at 11.15 local time. Buses have been arranged to take supporters directly to Sportspuben 1911 in the centre of town.

While the pub itself will not be open at that time we have made arrangements with the venue ( the pub is part of a hotel ) for an area exclusively for all Hibs supporters. They have an area which was their former Resturant upstairs which will be open for us from 12 Noon. They have agreed to sell local Norwegian lager for 69Kr / 0.5l. We understand this is normally over 80kr for the same quantity elsewhere. The Management have confirmed they understand the "Scottish fans are great company" and they are looking forward to seeing us. They have asked us to express one thing to all supporters. Drinking outside is strictly prohibited and will result in the Hotel getting into difficulty with local authorities. We trust everyone will respect this. They also tell us that they will try to put on some food at competitive prices.

Hope this helps.

HSL
    Good stuff. I’m sure they’ll enjoy our banter.

I’ve read about some places in Norway only accepting card payments. Do you know if the venue have any policy on what they’ll accept?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    £6.50 a pint.

Result.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member ano hibby's Avatar
    £6.42 a half litre which is a pint.
    Wonder what a large nip will cost 😂
    Well done for organising HSL. See you there.
    "We've also been unsure about what has happened to the receipts of the players who have been sold."
    George Foulkes BBC website 20/3/08

@hibs.net private member ano hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    £6.50 a pint.

Result.
    In my budget it was a tenner a pint so I’m practically saving money by going 😂
    "We've also been unsure about what has happened to the receipts of the players who have been sold."
    George Foulkes BBC website 20/3/08

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    £6.50 a pint.

Result.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    £6.50 a pint.

Result.
    To get it down to that price they have been collecting slops around Molde for the past week.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    £6.50 a pint.

Result.
    Is that not £8.50? Also we're 68ml short of a pint.

To think people say Edinburgh is a rip off.
    Mon the Hibs.

First Team Breakthrough Cheshire Hibby's Avatar
    Well done HSL, looking forward to the trip.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Is that not £8.50? Also we're 68ml short of a pint.

To think people say Edinburgh is a rip off.
    Maybe I’ve missed something...but HSL stated a price per half litre.

Given one litre is just over 2 pints, I’m struggling a bit to work out how half a litre is 68 ml SHORT of a pint?

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Maybe I’ve missed something...but HSL stated a price per half litre.

Given one litre is just over 2 pints, I’m struggling a bit to work out how half a litre is 68 ml SHORT of a pint?
    A litre is 1 3/4 pints

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    A litre is 1 3/4 pints
    Yep....appears there are different ‘pints’....

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    A fiver, a tenner, half pint , a pint, half a litre, a full litre, like its going to stop anyone indulging.

Enjoy yourselves boys and girls. Bring that result back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Yep....appears there are different ‘pints’....
    Aye. The Americans have diddy pints