hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Awful stuff. Glad Macar is not put off the football by this.

This is why we call them Huns. Their behaviour is uncivilised.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aberdeen fans organising a round of applause on 30 minutes as a show of support to Macar.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...t-at-1-4686272

Report also states 2400 Sheep will be at the game.
    There wasn't much support for an applause on the forum it was posted on so the guy who suggested it has now suggested that they display a banner instead. There hasn't been any response to this idea yet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    I collude with no one. That you can't/won't accept that the Rangers and Celtic are mutually dependent on each others bigotry that has no place in Scottish football in the 21st century, makes you a part of the equation. Both teams use bigotry to polarise support in all our cities and create the Catholic/Protestant divide that plagues our game and drains the lifeblood from smaller clubs around the country.

For the vast majority of the Ugly Sisters, hatred and religious bigotry are the corner stones of the attraction to their institutions. Football is merely a medium for their behaviour.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    I collude with no one. That you can't/won't accept that the Rangers and Celtic are mutually dependent on each others bigotry that has no place in Scottish football in the 21st century, makes you a part of the equation. Both teams use bigotry to polarise support in all our cities and create the Catholic/Protestant divide that plagues our game and drains the lifeblood from smaller clubs around the country.
    Spot on. Classic divide and conquer

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Cut there allocation for Easter Road. Fill the rest of the stand with Hibs fans. End of the game hold them in, like they do us. Won't take them long to get home anyway as most of them are from in and around Edinburgh. ****s.
    One day we might just make the point, it's long overdue and the money argument doesn't prevail any more as we'd fill the seats, if we didn't then frankly it's a hit I'd be prepared to see us take.

It's really down to the people running our club. Things clearly haven't changed for us at ibrox by talking about it

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Absolutely stop their allocation, ban them from the stadium, we do not need their money. having Hibs fans set upon, abused, spat on, bottled, streets turning into war zones and OUR yes OUR fans having to wait god knows how long before getting to walk up ER is too much. A stand needs to be taken against these ****my *******s. The police also need to be taken to task for their turning a blind eye to this for decades as do the so called Glasgow media. When will the club stand up and be counted. Were not the only club to go through this. Does someone have to die before notice is taken. Football fans being regularly bottled spat upon and attacked at Ibrox and the authorities do nothing. Maybe a protest march in Edinburgh by all decent fans is what is called for?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    One day we might just make the point, it's long overdue and the money argument doesn't prevail any more as we'd fill the seats, if we didn't then frankly it's a hit I'd be prepared to see us take.

It's really down to the people running our club. Things clearly haven't changed for us at ibrox by talking about it

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    There's a lot that Leeann and Rod are doing that I am very, very happy about. What they have done on the football front (a fairly important part of a football club after all) has been magnificent, and they (and the others) deserve great credit for turning our fortunes around.

I have to say that I think they let us down when it comes to the way we are treated at other grounds.

I've become so fed up that I've stopped going to away games.

Some clubs are undoubtedly worse than others - Tynecastle (and their regular shambles outside the ground whilst charging top whack for tickets) is a disgrace. Celtic Park and their idiotic stewards are more of an annoyance but it still shouldn't really be accepted.

East End Park - we always take about 2x as many fans as they are prepared for and they don't know what to do.

I actually quite enjoyed going to away games in the First Division - the grounds were what they were (occasionally not ideal) but they seemed to be organised, ready for us and on many levels welcoming and helpful towards a support that were giving their club a decent pay day.

Ibrox is just another level. It was always a bit tasty, but the older I get the more repulsed I am by the whole atmosphere. I'm fine with a bit of goading, I'm also fairly broad shouldered when it comes to most songs. The actual violence that happens though is ridiculous. Why should you have to accept being pelted by coins, lighters and whatever else they can throw down on you? It happens, I've seen it - it happens every time.

Why should a blind football fan be accepting verbal abuse and actual physical violence the type of which Macar has suffered? You can't doubt that it happened - anyone who has ever been to Ibrox will know that it did. It is disgusting that in this day in age, that should be expected - the inevitability of what has happened since online, then the BBC pulling a story covering it tells you all you need to know about 21st century Scotland.

I've long thought that if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem, and I am really uneasy about the tendency of our club and our board to continue to be as subservient as they are to the disgraceful behaviour, actions and language that comes from staff and fans of Rangers. It is disgusting.

But whilst we continue to roll up to Easter Road in our record numbers (ultimately the only thing that I think our club REALLY care about) then nothing will be done.

Gobbing on blind football fans? FFS.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    Is this not the boy who left Hibs.net because he got torn apart for his slipper fetish?

Disgraceful stuff though.
    The Rangers are currently preparing a statement that one of their support had gone to the game in their jammies and slippers (it was their good ones though, their dress jammies and slippers) and those brave souls were only protecting them from the Hibs support.

Spitting on anyone, never mind a blind person, is despicable behaviour and the fact their own fans didn't call the ****bag out says everything. Minority my arse.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    There's a lot that Leeann and Rod are doing that I am very, very happy about. What they have done on the football front (a fairly important part of a football club after all) has been magnificent, and they (and the others) deserve great credit for turning our fortunes around.

I have to say that I think they let us down when it comes to the way we are treated at other grounds.

Some clubs are undoubtedly worse than others - Tynecastle (and their regular shambles outside the ground whilst charging top whack for tickets) is a disgrace. Celtic Park and their idiotic stewards are more of an annoyance but it still shouldn't really be accepted.

East End Park - we always take about 2x as many fans as they are prepared for and they don't know what to do.

I actually quite enjoyed going to away games in the First Division - the grounds were what they were (occasionally not ideal) but they seemed to be organised, ready for us and on many levels welcoming and helpful towards a support that were giving their club a decent pay day.

Ibrox is just another level. It was always a bit tasty, but the older I get the more repulsed I am by the whole atmosphere. I'm fine with a bit of goading, I'm also fairly broad shouldered when it comes to most songs. The actual violence that happens though is ridiculous. Why should you have to accept being pelted by coins, lighters and whatever else they can throw down on you? It happens, I've seen it - it happens every time.

Why should a blind football fan be accepting verbal abuse and actual physical violence the type of which Macar has suffered? You can't doubt that it happened - anyone who has ever been to Ibrox will know that it did. It is disgusting that in this day in age, that should be expected - the inevitability of what has happened since online, then the BBC pulling a story covering it tells you all you need to know about 21st century Scotland.

I've long thought that if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem, and I am really uneasy about the tendency of our club and our board to continue to be as subservient as they are to the disgraceful behaviour, actions and language that comes from staff and fans of Rangers. It is disgusting.

But whilst we continue to roll up to Easter Road in our record numbers (ultimately the only thing that I think our club REALLY care about) then nothing will be done.

Is the Hibs support 100% squeaky clean in terms of behaviour toward ALL visiting supporters in and especially around ER?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    The Rangers behaviour is worse compared to the smellies on a whole, BUT, they both feed off each other, and are both the cause of bigotry we see EVERY weekend at both of their games.

Our country's politicians do not have the appetite to punish these people, they are too scared.

When this changes, we will see change. Until then, its more and more of the same ****.

Bigotry is normalised in our country, in some parts its encouraged.

Yet if someone abused someone who was a different colour, gay or in this case disabled, all hell lets loose.

You need to want change for change to happen, as i said there is no appetite for it because of fear.

There are many words that could be written about the absolute **** of the earth who could/would do something as vile as that, but the bit in bold says it all for me.

Regarding our fans treatment/safety at away games, is that not the job of the Supporters Liaison Officer (SLO)? I personally will never set foot in Ibrox again after the treatment our fans received at the 4-2 game in the Championship, which was both disgusting but sadly, entirely predictable.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    There are many words that could be written about the absolute **** of the earth who could/would do something as vile as that, but the bit in bold says it all for me.

Regarding our fans treatment/safety at away games, is that not the job of the Supporters Liaison Officer (SLO)? I personally will never set foot in Ibrox again after the treatment our fans received at the 4-2 game in the Championship, which was both disgusting but sadly, entirely predictable.
    As i said on my last post, sevcos fans are so used to abusing other fans, it has become normal for them. If we had a section of supporters who behaved like they do towards the opposition fans like they do in that small corner, we'd have the police ejecting them within seconds.

They have a sense of entitlement, that they can abuse whoever they want without punishment. Watch the police and stewards around them, the completely ignore what is going on. Either its because they are frightened or condoning it.

Whatever the reason, it shouldn't happen but it still does because its normality to these people.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    As i said on my last post, sevcos fans are so used to abusing other fans, it has become normal for them. If we had a section of supporters who behaved like they do towards the opposition fans like they do in that small corner, we'd have the police ejecting them within seconds.

They have a sense of entitlement, that they can abuse whoever they want without punishment. Watch the police and stewards around them, the completely ignore what is going on. Either its because they are frightened or condoning it.

Whatever the reason, it shouldn't happen but it still does because its normality to these people.
    I completely agree G, but by saying and doing nothing, then we are accepting it as "normal" too, IMHO. Not sure if anything was said or done after the fiasco I mentioned but unless the ground is being used as a neutral venue then I'll not be back. In fact, the years that they were missing from the top flight were most pleasant

The level that lot stoop to never ceases to amaze. The gap between Hibs and that lot widens, even further () Utter rodents.

Good to see Aberdeen fans on our side with this one.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    Every club has It's share of angry morons. For every one we have, rangers have 3 or 4, as one might expect given their larger attendances.

Step forward Frank and Tracey to escalate given the situation? This isn’t the first time such an incident has happened there and unlikely to be the last.

It’s sadly no surprise how hibs and most away fans are treated st ibrox. This should act as the straw to break the camel and the rangers allocation reduced or a club statement to say enough is enough.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    There wasn't much support for an applause on the forum it was posted on so the guy who suggested it has now suggested that they display a banner instead. There hasn't been any response to this idea yet.
    Which forum mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Is the Hibs support 100% squeaky clean in terms of behaviour toward ALL visiting supporters in and especially around ER?
    I'm sure we're not - and we can work on improving the "self-policing" side of that.

As I mentioned - I'm ok with a bit of atmosphere, a bit of goading and a few songs.

Violence I'm not ok with.

And if I ever saw a Hibs fan gobbing on a blind Rangers fan, you can rest assured that football allegiances would be out the window.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    That’s great if you can guarantee we sell our tickets

Otherwise you are throwing away the annual salary of 2-3 decent players so not for me
    Do two trips from the Huns really bring in that money?

They club would have to market it.

Sell it as the “Stand up to Rangers” game. I know I’d be inclined to bring my kids to a game against Rangers if there were only 300 of them, so there’s an extra two for the pot.

J

The question I have always asked is Why are they allowed to have Rangers supporters sitting/standing above Hibs support regardless if its just the edges of the support. At ER were made to close of a small section of the east for segregation even though they are in a completely different stand. Over recent years you have heard fans like M'well, Hearts, Hibs, Patrick raise concerns about this yet nothing ever seems to be done about it, I would like to see not just our club but other stand up for the supporters and take this further.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Which forum mate?
    http://boards.footymad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=4

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I'm sure we're not - and we can work on improving the "self-policing" side of that.

As I mentioned - I'm ok with a bit of atmosphere, a bit of goading and a few songs.

Violence I'm not ok with.

And if I ever saw a Hibs fan gobbing on a blind Rangers fan, you can rest assured that football allegiances would be out the window.

Exactly.

Is it just me who finds the idea of a minutes applause a bit strange? Seems like Aberdeen fans using it to try and get one over on Rangers again more than anything.

It's a disgrace what happened to him but it's not like he has died or been seriously injured.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Is it just me who finds the idea of a minutes applause a bit strange? Seems like Aberdeen fans using it to try and get one over on Rangers again more than anything.

It's a disgrace what happened to him but it's not like he has died or been seriously injured.
    It’s not just you.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Nope it’s just weird.

NO, I dont find it strange at all. Anything we can do to raise awareness to a problem that constantly gets swept under the carpet is fine by me. Whether the Dons fans will use it to get one over on them is another issue.
    Oh and there will always be people against this sort of thing,but, should we just sit by and ignore the issue?

No, it's not just you.

I think it's weird.

There is a right way to go about it, and a wrong way. I think it is an empty gesture and that it totally smacks of oneupmanship.

The right things to do would be to slash Sevco's allocation when they come to Easter Road (as has been suggested). Make them feel as unwelcome as we can without crossing any boundaries. Why do we roll out the red carpet to fans who consistently assault us and subject us to repeated sectarian abuse? (I speak as a protestant whose grandfathers were both Rangers fans btw).

I don't much like going down the statement route, but I think that the problem needs to be highlighted. The media just get bullied, they bow to the lunatic fringe. Some sort of official statement would by now be welcome. Hibs have been quiet and dignified for a while, but enough is enough. Rangers cranked up the poisonous atmosphere that exists between the clubs after the 2016 cup final and I think Hibs have done the right thing not to get involved up until now. But when our blind fans are being assaulted at Ibrox, someone has to stand up and demonstrate that this is not acceptable.

Not that I think it will happen. There is a Sevco-sympathising (or possibly fearing) faction within Easter Road, who I am not convinced give a flying one.
    Last edited by Smartie; 09-02-2018 at 01:11 PM.

Nope it's not.

I actually can't even be bothered with a minute's applause when it comes to a death and much prefer a silence but for something like this I really don't see the point.

I think the guy's intentions are genuine and coming from a good place but I really don't think a minute's applause is the best way to do it.

@hibs.net private member
    Rather than a minutes applause. Ban them for ER for one game. If the horrible treatment continues at Ibrox then we should refuse a ticket allocation. Whilst banning them from ER will cost us cash it would send a big message out to the wider public as it would carry significant media coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Do two trips from the Huns really bring in that money?

They club would have to market it.

Sell it as the “Stand up to Rangers” game. I know I’d be inclined to bring my kids to a game against Rangers if there were only 300 of them, so there’s an extra two for the pot.

J
    3800 x average 20 quid a ticket = 76000 by my calculations

X2 so £150k

So yes we need to factor in that we give them some and we’d sell some but I’d expect extra police costs to segregate and probably the 20 quid average is on the conservative side

I’d like nothing better than to restrict their tickets if we can guarantee selling them. Absolutely. It’s the folk that say restrict them irrespective that don’t see the financial impact