hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Should Scott Allan play for Hibs again?

Voters
371. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

241 64.96%
  • No

130 35.04%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    As things stand now, no, IMHO. It's all too much of a circus and a distraction.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

2. Log in to remove the advert

It is a No from me. Get rid and move on. Ungrateful and disrespectful player who should remember who gave him the chance to resurrect his career.

Yes from me. Our aim as a club is to gain promotion this year,it will be easier with Allan on board than him sitting on a bench somewhere or - worse still - him playing in Glasgow. Hand back his transfer request, tell the lad he will see out his contract and he now simply has to apply himself professionally to the task at hand with the rest of the players in the squad. Stubbs should then put out a statement saying the issue has been resolved and any inquiries from Glasgow are a waste of time, effort and money. When Allan's contract is up he is a free man to do as he wishes ... until then he is a Hibs player. Surely somebody at the club can get this through to Allan and finally get this matter off the table?

We need to focus as a club, and get down to winning promotion, Allan should stay, he should play for us and help get us to get promoted, then he can slink off to the Rangers and help them maybe gain promotion next season ...

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Whilst it's disappointing to say the least the way this has unfolded, it's happened before at clubs bigger than ours and will happen again.

It's an annual occurrence for some Epl clubs and we have seen it all before with various Hibs players over the years to both Rantic teams.

I get that we are competing directly with Rangers this year, but weren't we always supposed to be?

He won't go to Rangers, I doubt very much he will go elsewhere so IMO there is no point cutting off our noses to spite our faces and form permitting I would play him.

Most modern day footballers don't give two hoots for the clubs they are at and would work their ticket out if it suited them, so quite why there is so much vitriol being directed at him I don't get.

Good or bad I would totally ignore him, slating him isn't going to help the team and he certainly isn't worthy of our applause.
    Last edited by BSEJVT; 29-07-2015 at 06:03 AM.

First Team Regular
    Only to get him cup tied and to make him face the music for his treatment of us.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    No chance

No. Loan him to Spartans.

I don't know.

Give me a good but unhappy player over some of the dross we have been watching these last few years anytime. Play him.

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Of course he should. He is a Hibs player. If however he doesn't give everything and be professional about it then he should be dropped for good.

If he ain't leaving then get him on the park. If he decides not to try a leg, which I find hard to believe, then deal with it then.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    In an ideal world i'd have him punted to anybody (for the right price) I have nothing but loathing for the person now but, if he is still at Hibs come the end of the window can we afford to leave him out. So in theory it's a reluctant yes.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

I should add my preference is we move him on anywhere except the Huns.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the easier third option should be. Once he realises we intend him to see out his contract (provided we don't sell to a non cempetitor that he agrees terms with) play him and if he performs keep playing him.
    Nail on the head.
    football is pragmatic, it will be this

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Of course he should, there's no sense in cutting off our nose to spite our face.

I hate what's happening as much as anybody else (especially the manner in which its been orchestrated,) but at the end of the day if the guy wants to play for his boyhood heroes with probably a greatly enhanced salary, then morals and ethics tend to go out of the window.

It's called human weakness.

Whatever ultimately happens it's a no win situation for us in what has been a miserable pre-season.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Another thread straight in the papers :)

Too simplistic. Let the manager do his job ffs.

We talk about (board) interference. is this not just another flavour? If the fans pick the team what's the point of having a manager? The managers job is to get the best out of the resources available. He'll have his work cut out but Stubbs above all is the person to make the call. By inadvertently stoking the flames (albeit its orgins lie elsewhere) were not making Stubbs job easier.

Give Stubbs space and a little time to do his job.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I'd tell him to stay away from the club until the transfer window shuts. By that point if he's still here I'd then look to see what frame of mind he's in, he'll know he can't go anywhere so may be happy to get back playing and knuckle down and get on with it, or he might be away elsewhere (not Rangers). I don't think he should be playing over the next few games.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I'd tell him to stay away from the club until the transfer window shuts. By that point if he's still here I'd then look to see what frame of mind he's in, he'll know he can't go anywhere so may be happy to get back playing and knuckle down and get on with it, or he might be away elsewhere (not Rangers). I don't think he should be playing over the next few games.
    In doing that, his fitness levels then drop and if he was still here would not be fit enough to play.

I thought Hibs have to provide him with training facilities.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Unless we get a bid acceptable from someone other than sevco then he will be playing. Had stubbs had a full squad to choose from then i would have made him train with the kids till the close of the window then gradually brought him back into the fold.As it is we are down to the bare bones as was shown on saturday. I think he now realises he aint going to sevco and he needs to keep playing for his own sake so while i can see him being left out on saturday he will be in the squad for the first league game.One last thing that hibs should make clear is that he wont be sold to sevco in january either so save all this nonsense happening again. HOPEFULLY GET BACK TO TALKING ABOUT FOOTBALL SOON.

A big NO from me.

He needs to understand that pulling on a Hibs strip is a privelege.

Instead he's trying to engineer himself a move to sevco and going out drinking with their players after they humped us 6-2.

Great talent, but his attitude and conduct doesn't meet the minimum standard I expect of a Hibs player.

If the famous five were alive today they'd be turning in their graves....

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    A big NO from me.

Instead he's trying to engineer himself a move to sevco and going out drinking with their players after they humped us 6-2.

Great talent, but his attitude and conduct doesn't meet the minimum standard I expect of a Hibs player.

He didn't go out with the Rangers players on Saturday night.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    No. He'll be away before the transfer window closes anyway.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    A big NO from me.

doh?

"five were alive today they'd be turning in their graves...."

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post

We talk about (board) interference. is this not just another flavour? If the fans pick the team what's the point of having a manager? The managers job is to get the best out of the resources available. He'll have his work cut out but Stubbs above all is the person to make the call. By inadvertently stoking the flames (albeit its orgins lie elsewhere) were not making Stubbs job easier.

This for me ,but some people just want to come on and vent anger and frustration,and talk about S. A. Throwing his toys out the pram ,Ironic .
    If people can't let Stubbs get on with the good job he has been doing and start boing S. A when he plays ,because the logical conclusion from all this is that he will at some point ,then we risk Stubbs thinking if an offer for me comes in from a club down south maybe I should consider it ,as it's not the board that's not letting me do the job it's the fans.Booing as we have seem impacts on the whole
    team and after losing six goals at home the last thing we need is fan unrest just when the feel good factor was flooding back

No.

No player is bigger than the club. There is no need for him to play again. He can rot in the stands. Him and his hun agent have made their bed.

doh?

"five were alive today they'd be turning in their graves...."
    Giggle giggle

Coaching Staff scott7_0(Prague)'s Avatar
    yes he should - if he is deemed fit and well enough to do so. In Stubbs i trust.

Hibs, Scott and The Rangers are all playing the system. But Hibs hold the trump card "The Contract"

Its now up to Scott how to play this, will he focus and get on with his work or will he be a problem and be thrown to the kids for a year.

if he is focused then get him to make a statement to the fans and get him back in the squad.

On my mobile but yes I think he should if he is fit and stubbsy thinks he is up to the job. He would also deserve our support as part of the team if he does play

Quote Originally Posted by Paloschi View Post
    No.

No player is bigger than the club. There is no need for him to play again. He can rot in the stands. Him and his hun agent have made their bed.
    Exactly no player is bigger than the club but you would spite the club to make him sit in the stand,he is the best talent we have so if he is in Stubbs best team then he should play

Exactly. This is all playing exactly as his agent and The Rangers want it to. Our best response would be to calm down and trust Stubbs to manage this. If he wants to play SA that's fine by me.

By the way,I coukdn't help smiling when I saw the current results of this poll. The folk who are right are at 45%