hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Regular

Striker/Where are the goals coming from (Merged)

Find a free agent asap and get him signed, not one goal scorer at this club. Il give Collins his dues he is a workhorse but he is never in any of the positions a striker should be and when given chances he can't take them, he needs a goalscorer beside him, one with pace. We are going down bunch of impostors and a disgrace to this club.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by QMU-1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Find a free agent asap and get him signed, not one goal scorer at this club. Il give Collins his dues he is a workhorse but he is never in any of the positions a striker should be and when given chances he can't take them, he needs a goalscorer beside him, one with pace. We are going down bunch of impostors and a disgrace to this club.
    Don't think you can sign free agents any more? 31st March the deadline?

Did we force Langfield into a save at all? I don't remember one.

In fact, other than Forster's "goal", did we have anything on target a week past Sunday either?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post

In fact, other than Forster's "goal", did we have anything on target a week past Sunday either?
    Nope. Not a shot on target tonight... Embarrassing!

No saves from Langfield at all.

Macdonald had to save a 20 yard shot straight at him from Harris. That's it though.

We need two up top. Yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by QMU-1875 View Post
    We need more than one.

Left by mutual consent!

Never mind winning, where the hell are the goals going to come from?

As it says, we need to win matches but how can we if we don't look capable of scoring a goal? I really do fear for us.

I backed Butcher from the start and I still do but... He's made some horrific mistakes. His team selections are baffling me. 4-5-1 at home and 1-0 down yet nothing changed. Collins (another I backed) was rotten can win a header if his life depended on it. But tonight he has ZERO support. We never tested their keeper once.

MM should learn to shut his trap as well and instead of telling the fans to "shut the **** up" he needs to get a grip of his coaching style.

TB and MM were overwhelming winners when asked who we wanted. But something is deeply wrong guys at this club. How can we be so soulless? Liam Craig a captain? LIAM ****ING CRAIG!!! He's nothing short of a coward. Wee Lewis constantly gets ripped on here but by god that boy has more heart than everyone on that park tonight. Give him the captaincy and get these ****ing impostors out of Hibs. Sick of this I'm sick of failure and failure each season.

Enough is enough now! They are a bunch of losers who don't care.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I backed Butcher from the start and I still do but... He's made some horrific mistakes. His team selections are baffling me. 4-5-1 at home and 1-0 down yet nothing changed. Collins (another I backed) was rotten can win a header if his life depended on it. But tonight he has ZERO support. We never tested their keeper once.

MM should learn to shut his trap as well and instead of telling the fans to "shut the **** up" he needs to get a grip of his coaching style.

TB and MM were overwhelming winners when asked who we wanted. But something is deeply wrong guys at this club. How can we be so soulless? Liam Craig a captain? LIAM ****ING CRAIG!!! He's nothing short of a coward. Wee Lewis constantly gets ripped on here but by god that boy has more heart than everyone on that park tonight. Give him the captaincy and get these ****ing impostors out of Hibs. Sick of this I'm sick of failure and failure each season.

Did MM actually say that? Lewis Stevenson for captain

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Did MM actually say that? Lewis Stevenson for captain
    Yes 100% I sit right behind the home dugout and he turned to the guys who sit to the right of the dugout and shouted it. At least 5 of us heard it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Yes 100% I sit right behind the home dugout and he turned to the guys who sit to the right of the dugout and shouted it. At least 5 of us heard it.
    Jeez. What did he say that for like?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MrHibs
    I hope folk were giving them pelters for sticking with one up top the whole game and and making pointless subs right at the death!

MM should learn to shut his trap as well and instead of telling the fans to "shut the **** up" he needs to get a grip of his coaching
    Arguing with fans was the start if the end for Bobby Williamson. Sadly that's not where the similarities end.

Hibs are worse than *****e. We could still be playing now and we wouldn't score. Never looked like scoring. Soft as ***** at the back, nae pace, nae quality, no technique, can't pass a ball to a Hibs player.

Particularly bad in all areas.

We desperately need a couple of wins from the next 5 games. I can't even see us scoring.

Shecht!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibstrooper View Post
    I hope folk were giving them pelters for sticking with one up top the whole game and and making pointless subs right at the death!
    It just wasn't working and Collins has not got a clue playing up front on his own. Cairnié and Harris looked lost too

We've had six shots on target in the past five games (scoring once) and only 1 shot on target in our past three games (scoring none).

Utterly pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    We've had six shots on target in the past five games (scoring once) and only 1 shot on target in our past three games (scoring none).

Utterly pathetic.
    And yet still James Collins plays. Bizarre

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    I think for our next game Ladbrokes and Co will prob have the full St Mirren starting line up including the goalie at lower prices to score the first goal than our entire forward line, our prices might look like this
    1. Haynes 250-1
    2. Heff 250-1
    3. Handling 275-1
    4. Cummings 300-1
    5. Zoubir 500-1
    6. Collins = put a £1 on get a four bedroom house at Ravelston

Hail Hail

You have forfeited your right to complain ,you didn't start match thread on Sunday night like you said you would

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthamptonHibs View Post
    I think for our next game Ladbrokes and Co will prob have the full St Mirren starting line up including the goalie at lower prices to score the first goal than our entire forward line, our prices might look like this
    1. Haynes 250-1
    2. Heff 250-1
    3. Handling 275-1
    4. Cummings 300-1
    5. Zoubir 500-1

Hail Hail
    Hibs to have a shot on target - 1000/1

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    And yet still James Collins plays. Bizarre
    He scored tonight though. Finished it well - if he had been onside it would've been a really good goal.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthamptonHibs View Post
    1. Haynes 250-1
    2. Heff 250-1
    3. Handling 275-1
    4. Cummings 300-1
    5. Zoubir 500-1

Hail Hail

I know I shouldn't have laughed at that but that did make me chuckle!

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    He scored tonight though. Finished it well - if he had been onside it would've been a really good goal.
    Was that the one where he could have got a yellow for playing the ball after the whistle had gone for offside and the defenders had all stopped?

Or did I miss another one ;-)

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    Was that the one where he could have got a yellow for playing the ball after the whistle had gone for offside and the defenders had all stopped?

Or did I miss another one ;-)
    It would be that one. I'm just basing it on the fact I was told countless times last week that hearts had a goal chopped off last week. Collins one tonight was similar - lobbed Langfield beautifully.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post

Utterly pathetic.
    We are a laughing stock just now ,and T B is embarrassed and his reputation tarnished ,but losing plot with players clearly isn't working ,yet he continues to do it . hearts will call off their Boycott they have nothing to fear coming to play us in fact no one does and that is the problem we have created for ourselves. I don't want to hear another hibs player talking about we aren't too big a club to go down .its like we talk ourselves into situations and it becomes a self fulfilling fallacy ,so they can turn round and say see I told you we could end up in play offs .

It would be that one. I'm just basing it on the fact I was told countless times last week that hearts had a goal chopped off last week. Collins one tonight was similar - lobbed Langfield beautifully.
    Exactly! I knew what you meant.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Surely the need for goals needs us to play 2 strikers.

FFS butcher, if they're gonna score 2 we need to score 3.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Terry said there seems to be some glass wall the players can't get past at ER, they are struggling to get round it as well.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    If he had been on-side he would have missed it, his bottle would have went and he would have blasted it over the bar, the whistle had went before he scored, Collins new that so there was no pressure and he finished it nicely.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I challenged anyone in the pub to name me a Hibs striker who has had as long a run in the Hibs team as Collins has had and yet be so ineffectual. No one could answer which says it all really.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    I'd get Watmore up top with Collins. Play a couple of wingers, and have a centre midfield with plenty of movement and energy.

............................Williams
    ....Forster....Nelson.............McGivern...Steve nson
    ....................Taiwo......Robertson
    .....Harris.....................................St anton
    ...........................Collins
    ....................Watmore

Watmore can run at players, has pace, and would make a lot of space for James in the box.