hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some sort of rebuild, the £20 and £10 entrance fee for this game is funding it.
    rebuild?

They are supposed to be knocking the bloody thing down in the close season!

Maybe they should have let the Hibs fans in there to save them the cost of the demolition?

2. Log in to remove the advert

On a related matter, do the hospitality packages for sale go to Bonnyrigg or the charity thieving sex offenders? The latter, I would assume?

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    On a related matter, do the hospitality packages for sale go to Bonnyrigg or the charity thieving sex offenders? The latter, I would assume?
    It's split between them. Understand Hibs doing their own hospitality from ER and buses to Tynecastle, not seen any detail released yet however

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Mainwaring View Post
    It's split between them. Understand Hibs doing their own hospitality from ER and buses to Tynecastle, not seen any detail released yet however
    Thanks Captain. I salute you.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    So could they not have negotiated to take it to ER and maximised the attendance. Restricted tickets at Tynecastle against Bonnyrigg seems ridiculous, coupled with the pricing I think it's a balls up IMO.
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Total crowd of around 8k I'd say.
    Think you are way off the mark! Bonnyrigg will have 4000 no problem ( great occasion for the town and team) and it's once in a lifetime game for some. It's also Hibs 1st game in the Scottish since "that day" so I will be shocked if Hibs supporters don't turn up in decent numbers. I just hope we don't underestimate them because they showed against Dumbarton over two games that they can play. Really looking forward to it. There will be far more than 8000 at the game.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    What's everyone's thoughts on the General sale?

I'm coming up with my old man, would hate to miss out.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Mainwaring View Post
    Would be interested in this.

J

Seems madness to be playing it at a stadium where the whole main stand is going to be closed and therefore empty down 1 side of the pitch.

Bonnyrigg would have been aswell just using Easter Road; nice facilities for their big day, a crowd on all 4 sides of the ground. We are actually worse at home so would probably be more advantageous for Bonnyrigg .

With what has happened to the young lad that played for them, Hibs and Leith community would have rallied round to get as many along as possible. I'm sure there will be a decent crowd at Tynie but ridiculous they are closing the main stand for that 1 game.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    Seems madness to be playing it at a stadium where the whole main stand is going to be closed and therefore empty down 1 side of the pitch.

Bonnyrigg would have been aswell just using Easter Road; nice facilities for their big day, a crowd on all 4 sides of the ground. We are actually worse at home so would probably be more advantageous for Bonnyrigg .

With what has happened to the young lad that played for them, Hibs and Leith community would have rallied round to get as many along as possible. I'm sure there will be a decent crowd at Tynie but ridiculous they are closing the main stand for that 1 game.

I think the main stand seen its last game there against aberdeen did it not? Sure its now closed for the remainder of the season.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I think the main stand seen its last game there against aberdeen did it not? Sure its now closed for the remainder of the season.
    Don't think it is

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Don't think it is

I must have picked up what Derek Rae said during commentary wrongly then, I could have sworn he said this was the last game spectators would be in that stand this season.

Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post

Easter road can't be used

It can't be as they have more Season Tickets than the rest of the stadium holds, plus Away supporters.

The stand itself isn't getting knocked down until the end of the season, however they will still be working round the back as far as I know.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    No matches were scheduled to be played at the PBS in January. I'd imagine that the contractors will be taking advantage of this 'window' to carry out certain work, eg. there are probably underground drains, power and water supplies which will have to be diverted to accommodate the foundations of the new stand. This could mean excavations etc. which might be OK for everyday use but unacceptable for matchday/supporter access.

I suspect this is why there was a delay in confirming Tynecastle as the venue - things would have to have been agreed by the contractors, ie. having the stadium ready again for matches a week earlier then planned.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Sounds about right.

I cant think of any circumstances that would take me along to Easter Road if the poppy thieves were playing there. They really have some strange ones following them, eh?
    Spending twenty quid to watch Hearts versus a junior side at Easter Road in the cup, in order to sign anti-Hearts songs? I can't think of any Hibs fan I know with such a sad and ******ed world view whereby they'd countenance such nonsense. Therin lies the difference.

Bonnyrigg have sold out by all accounts.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I hear what you're saying but if Bonnyrigg Rose bring 5000 spectators then i'll eat the breadman's hat.
    Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    I agree and will also eat his hat. However they can obviously request that amount and there's not much we can do about it other than restrict our tickets to one per ST annoyingly.

BR will be doing extremely well to sell 3,000. Whilst folk are talking about the 'whole of Bonnyrigg being at the game' they are forgetting that a large number of Bonnyrigg locals will be in the Hibs end.
    Just opened this thread and it opened at these quotes, gave me a laugh but hope they tasted ok!

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    Just opened this thread and it opened at these quotes, gave me a laugh but hope they tasted ok!
    Great effort from them to be fair

Reinforces my original argument on this thread which was that Hibs were absolutely correct to limit ticket sales to one per ST. This could have sold out the whole of Tynecastle, real shame that one side will be closed. It should also undoubtedly be one of the televised games, however from a selfish point of view I'm glad it's 3pm on Saturday.

First Team Breakthrough

Official Site: TICKET INFO | BONNYRIGG ROSE

Bonnyrigg are kicking themselves they didn't stick to the original plan of having the roseburn and the gorgie road ends.

Everyone is a genius with hindsight, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post

BR will be doing extremely well to sell 3,000. Whilst folk are talking about the 'whole of Bonnyrigg being at the game' they are forgetting that a large number of Bonnyrigg locals will be in the Hibs end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Bonnyrigg have sold out by all accounts.
    They have - over 5000 plus hoping to sell out Corporate hospitality. Bloody good effort!

Any chance of the asbestos stand being opened?

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    What's everyone's thoughts on the General sale?

I'm coming up with my old man, would hate to miss out.

J
    Worried about this. What's the General view, have thenprives put people off? Will it get to general sale?

J

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Worried about this. What's the General view, have thenprives put people off? Will it get to general sale?

J
    Hard to gauge, but in our group of 12, 9 are going, only 3/4 go away regularly. Have you asked Hibs the cost of their hospitality

@hibs.net private member
    It's a pity they couldn't have picked a bigger ground for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    It's a pity they couldn't have picked a bigger ground for this one.
    Can you imagine the rush for tickets, if this was played at their ground

@hibs.net private member
    Can you imagine the rush for tickets, if this was played at their ground
    I'd probably just have made plans to sneak in instead.

Hard to gauge, but in our group of 12, 9 are going, only 3/4 go away regularly. Have you asked Hibs the cost of their hospitality
    I called up today re hospitality, they will be announcing something this week. Crazy that that may be my strongest option.

J

Without reverting to a Loyalty Points debate LOL, there's going to be a few disappointed ST holders who won't get a ticket for the game I reckon.

Despite some reservations from others on here earlier in this thread that we'll 'struggle' to sell around 8-9 thousand tickets for a cup game against a Junior team, now it's been confirmed Rose have sold out their allocation, can't see any way this will go to General sale.

My point is, that full season ST holders should get first dibs to buy tickets, then half season ST holders come in a second wave. If there are any left after that then fair enough, a general sale required. Just don't believe it will come to that given the restricted capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Without reverting to a Loyalty Points debate LOL, there's going to be a few disappointed ST holders who won't get a ticket for the game I reckon.

Despite some reservations from others on here earlier in this thread that we'll 'struggle' to sell around 8-9 thousand tickets for a cup game against a Junior team, now it's been confirmed Rose have sold out their allocation, can't see any way this will go to General sale.

My point is, that full season ST holders should get first dibs to buy tickets, then half season ST holders come in a second wave. If there are any left after that then fair enough, a general sale required. Just don't believe it will come to that given the restricted capacity.

Naw, away season ticket holders first then season ticket holders which includes half season tickets. Then a general sale if any left