hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Award for Conrad

On twitter. Conrad to get a Donegal 2016 sports award for his performances for us last year. Well deserved

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular Canon Hannan's Avatar
    What a kind gesture from the Irish people.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Brilliant and well deserved.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hart RIP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On twitter. Conrad to get a Donegal 2016 sports award for his performances for us last year. Well deserved
    Well done big man Can't wait for him and the others who have left us to come back so we can show our appreciation in the stands.

Hopefully it is for Lewey's testimonial match

The big guy is a hero and fully deserving. Well done.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDavidofGray View Post
    Well done big man Can't wait for him and the others who have left us to come back so we can show our appreciation in the stands.

Hopefully it is for Lewey's testimonial match
    Better not Come on for the half time penalties - it would only end with the kids in tears ;)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

well done Conrad, well deserved honour!

Congrats Polar Bear. Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by s.a.m View Post
    Oh no - the tears are starting again.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Well done big man. The emotion he shows in the DVD is unbelievable, loved watching him in it.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    There are so many amazing stories within our Scottish Cup victory, it's one of the all time great cup stories in Scottish football.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    There are so many amazing stories within our Scottish Cup victory, it's one of the all time great cup stories in Scottish football.
    it is, and Conrad's has a special place in it. was very heartwarmerming, to see his interview with Packy Bonner another Donegal man and Conrad Logan's ultimate goalie hero.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    it is, and Conrad's has a special place in it. was very heartwarmerming, to see his interview with Packy Bonner another Donegal man and Conrad Logan's ultimate goalie hero.
    If we'd won it in 2012 or 2013 I honestly don't think it'd have been as special. There's just so much to it - coming back after the league cup to knock out the defending champions, the whole thing about beating Raith away from home in the fourth round being an omen, beating Hearts after being 2-0 down at Tynie with ten to play, Conrad's heroics against Dundee United, coming back from losing in the playoffs, Stokes finally coming onto a game at just the right time, going 2-1 down with just over ten to play in the final, the last minute goal against our biggest rivals for the last two seasons - you genuinely couldn't script it.

You could make a movie about it and it'd be dismissed as being too saccharine.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

It's one of the greatest football stories period. You couldn't make up the circumstances and it was clear how much it meant to him. As stokes said in the DVD most players never get moments like how we won the cup in their career. How many keepers are mom in a cup semi final in their first game in over a year. Thoroughly deserved and I hope he realises he is a total legend with every hibs fan.

If we'd won it in 2012 or 2013 I honestly don't think it'd have been as special. There's just so much to it - coming back after the league cup to knock out the defending champions, the whole thing about beating Raith away from home in the fourth round being an omen, beating Hearts after being 2-0 down at Tynie with ten to play, Conrad's heroics against Dundee United, coming back from losing in the playoffs, Stokes finally coming onto a game at just the right time, going 2-1 down with just over ten to play in the final, the last minute goal against our biggest rivals for the last two seasons - you genuinely couldn't script it.

You're right. Of all the many varied and fantastic ways I've dreamed about us winning the Scottish since I was about 6, none of the scenarios came close to our eventual victorious cup run. Conrad's tale and contribution will always have a special place in our hibs story

Well deserved. Congrats, big man
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by s.a.m View Post
    I now have a soft spot for rochdale

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    You're right. Of all the many varied and fantastic ways I've dreamed about us winning the Scottish since I was about 6, none of the scenarios came close to our eventual victorious cup run. Conrad's tale and contribution will always have a special place in our hibs story
    And I'll tell you what, that's what killed 5-1. By winning it this year rather than that year with a bunch of loan signings and has beens we've had the most incredible experience we'll ever has as Hibs fans rather than the opportunity for a cheap GIRUY against our neighbours.

I wish we kept hold of big conrad tbh

Legend forever. Well deserved.

Legend.

His story is the kind of thing I always thought only happened against Hibs.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

The man will always be a God to me.

Contributed even more to our cup success than Robbie Neilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    The man will always be a God to me.

Contributed even more to our cup success than Robbie Neilson.

Another Hibs legend.

Congrats the Polar Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Legend.

This with bells on top. It's still hard to believe.

Legend.

so much so I have also thought this, for more than 48 years of following Hibernian. still sometimes have to pinch masel,when thinking of that particular day 21/5/16. my old token number at work, was 561, and the 21 or 12 could just be Mrs Broon or Mrs Thompson that lived up the road from us

Legend.

That's also how I feel about David Gray's performance in the final

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar

Award for Conrad

Our first goal in the competition away to Raith being our 1,000 Scottish cup goal ever. Scored by a lifelong Hibs fan with his first ever goal for the club. Written in the stars.

Hearts fans having a million hour countdown to the last time we won the cup in 1902, which I think was due to be met about two days after the final #oops

Coaching Staff
    And I'll tell you what, that's what killed 5-1. By winning it this year rather than that year with a bunch of loan signings and has beens we've had the most incredible experience we'll ever has as Hibs fans rather than the opportunity for a cheap GIRUY against our neighbours.
    That works if you forget Stokes, Henderson and Gunnarson and were loan signings!

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    I wish we kept hold of big conrad tbh
    I see where you are coming from but I'm happy enough with the untainted memory.