hibs.net Messageboard

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cant see that happening based on his recent performances...
    Shinnie couldnt lace commons boots, he cant get near the team at the minute so I would say there's every chance of him going back to Birmingham

2. Log in to remove the advert

OK lets say I am a celtic player earning 12 k per week, I have an offer from Hibs for between 2-4 k for 18 months, thers no way on this planet I would take an 8k drop in wages at the end of my career just so I could play for Hibs.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    OK lets say I am a celtic player earning 12 k per week, I have an offer from Hibs for between 2-4 k for 18 months, thers no way on this planet I would take an 8k drop in wages at the end of my career just so I could play for Hibs.
    You might if you got a pay off that gave you the balance from celtic?

I'd imagine he wants to play, and thats clearly not going to happen at parkead.

He will either sign for us, someone else or stay put.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    He'll never get £4k off us. £2k absolute max

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    Shinnie couldnt lace commons boots, he cant get near the team at the minute so I would say there's every chance of him going back to Birmingham
    I wouldn't be disappointed with this.

I wonder if he could ship him out to St Johnstone to help them replace Swanson

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    I wouldn't be disappointed with this.

I wonder if he could ship him out to St Johnstone to help them replace Swanson
    He's not our player to ship out?

@hibs.net private member
    I totally understand the frustration with Shinnie. He was very good in the SPL and had a good spell at Birmingham to start off. It's a pity it's not working out because there is defo a player in there.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    How can we cut his loan short if no-one else wants him because of uninspiring performances? We can't just renage on our agreement to keep him to the end of the season because we want to
    How do you know that? Players get their loans cut short all the time. Tony Watt if you want a recent example

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Rodgers was on tonight basically saying it's not just this season that concerns Commons but also the next 3 years. I don't think their is anyway he will get that length of deal from us.
    I don't think Rodgers is interested in what happens with commons. Celtic are obviously waiting to see if anybody else will want Kris on loan and get more of his wages paid. It will go to the last couple of days of the window most likely. Not ideal for us but that's the way it looks.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    He'll never get £4k off us. £2k absolute max
    Just wondering what your basing that on because everyone I've known to have close connections with the club always state that the 2k mark is completely wrong and we do pay around 4K to our highest rating players. Just what I've been told/heard over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    Can't believe some of the rubbish being written in these pages.

A top class player who had been out of action for nearly 12 months has played about 5 games for us.

He has scored 2 vital goals and we are questioning his weight.

Deary me - the guy is class and his experience is worth loads on the pitch to our younger players.

We can afford him - crowds are 5k up on last year.
    I've not gone back through the thread but, looks like only one poster questioning his weight.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Just wondering what your basing that on because everyone I've known to have close connections with the club always state that the 2k mark is completely wrong and we do pay around 4K to our highest rating players. Just what I've been told/heard over the last few years.
    No player at Easter Road has a basic above £2k.

Win bonuses could possibly get it up to that figure though.

Hibs highest earner is on 2k a week basic. No chance Commons will get double that even if its only for 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    I totally understand the frustration with Shinnie. He was very good in the SPL and had a good spell at Birmingham to start off. It's a pity it's not working out because there is defo a player in there.
    He will sign for Dundee or someone and be amazing . Absolutel nap.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    The thread has been hijacked but I will say that Shinnie is a class football player and anyone who doesn't recognise this would be better employed visiting the shops on a Saturday afternoon.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    The thread has been hijacked but I will say that Shinnie is a class football player and anyone who doesn't recognise this would be better employed visiting the shops on a Saturday afternoon.
    This.

Shinnie is out and out one of our best players this season. He seems to get a lot of criticism as he does seem to make errors but this is mostly due to the fact he is involved with almost every attacking play we make, when he is on the pitch.

The more he is on the ball the more he will get noticed when he makes a bad pass or doesn't release the ball, but overall Shinnie has been up there with the best this year...... and like every football squad, a dip in form gives someone else the chance and if they take it then you have to bide your time for your next chance.... Just look at Cummings! (and Fontaine now we have changed shape!).

Football is a squad game, not just a team game these days too... we need a strong and deep squad to finish this season in first place as well as make efforts to retain the Scottish Cup.... a shallow squad has been our downfall in seasons past and I think Lennon sees this.

@hibs.net private member
    That's just nonsense

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    This.

Shinnie is out and out one of our best players this season. He seems to get a lot of criticism as he does seem to make errors but this is mostly due to the fact he is involved with almost every attacking play we make, when he is on the pitch.

The more he is on the ball the more he will get noticed when he makes a bad pass or doesn't release the ball, but overall Shinnie has been up there with the best this year...... and like every football squad, a dip in form gives someone else the chance and if they take it then you have to bide your time for your next chance.... Just look at Cummings! (and Fontaine now we have changed shape!).

Football is a squad game, not just a team game these days too... we need a strong and deep squad to finish this season in first place as well as make efforts to retain the Scottish Cup.... a shallow squad has been our downfall in seasons past and I think Lennon sees this.
    No he hasn't. I'd have McGregor, Hanlon, McGinn, Fyvie and Cummings all above in the the stakes for being our best player this season. Add in what Commons has contributed in his games so far and Shinnie doesn't come close to being "our best player" this season

I think he looks a player with a bit of class but doesn't do it often enough. He's been no better than average for us

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    No he hasn't. I'd have McGregor, Hanlon, McGinn, Fyvie and Cummings all above in the the stakes for being our best player this season. Add in what Commons has contributed in his games so far and Shinnie doesn't come close to being "our best player" this season
    I think his post said "one of our best players." Which is absolutely correct.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    You might if you got a pay off that gave you the balance from celtic?

I'd imagine he wants to play, and thats clearly not going to happen at parkead.

He will either sign for us, someone else or stay put.
    I do love the way you state the bleedin obvious

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    I'll send you my shopping list cause your vision is clearly impaired

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    I think his post said "one of our best players." Which is absolutely correct.
    When you have at least 6 that have been better then, for me, he wouldn't come under the banner of "one of our best players"

An attacking midfielder that has contributed one goal this season. A few assists as well in fairness. He's shown flashes of quality but he hasn't shown his 'class' on a consistent basis whatsoever.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I think he looks a player with a bit of class but doesn't do it often enough. He's been no better than average for us

I think we expect too much from some players too soon - that they hit the ground running. It doesn't always work like that - especially in midfield.

I remember when Hibs signed Pat McGinaly from Blackpool. He wasn't a laddie - he was already 21 and he made his debut at the beginning of season 88-89. I think most people thought he was a reasonable player, but there definitely wasn't a "wow" thing.

It wasn't until season 91-92 that he started scoring regularly, until then he'd only totalled a handful of league goals.

These days it seems that many would want to empty him after 6 months.

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/playe...d=6327&page=11
    Last edited by Peevemor; 20-01-2017 at 10:07 AM.

If Shinnie is one of our best players, why does the manager keep dropping him? He's an attacking midfielder, where are all the goals and assists? Fact is, it's not working out for him for whatever reason. He was a decent player previously but has lost his edge.
    If he is no longer in the team then it's probably best for all concerned that he returns to his club and goes where he can get game time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    An attacking midfielder that has contributed one goal this season. A few assists as well in fairness. He's shown flashes of quality but he hasn't shown his 'class' on a consistent basis whatsoever.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I think we expect too much from some players too soon - that they hit the groud running. It doesn't always work like that - especially in midfield.

I remember when Hibs signed Pat McGinaly from Blackpool. He wasn't a laddie - he was already 21 and he made his debut at the beginning of season 88-89. I think most people thought he was a reasonable player, but there definitely wasn't a "wow" thing.

It wasn't until season 91-92 that he started scoring regularly, until then he'd only totalled a handful of league goals.

These days it seems that many would want to empty him after 6 months.

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/playe...d=6327&page=11
    Yes agree with the expectation point. He has got ability but I still think he's been average for us and not one of our best players of the season so far as has been suggested

Maybe lennon will be down the shops tomorrow then because he hardly ever picks him! I wouldn't pick him ahead of any of our other midfielders that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    If Shinnie is one of our best players, why does the manager keep dropping him? He's an attacking midfielder, where are all the goals and assists? Fact is, it's not working out for him for whatever reason. He was a decent player previously but has lost his edge.
    If he is no longer in the team then it's probably best for all concerned that he returns to his club and goes where he can get game time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty sure he has 7/8 assists.