hibs.net Messageboard

In years to come, they won't believe me...

In years to come they'll say...

My boy is 9 years old. Been going to Easter Road since he was 5.

Him and his pals will be able to say all of the following when they get older:

* When I started going to Easter Road, we won almost every week, every season
    * I saw a goalkeeper score on his debut
    * I saw Hibs win 7 in a row at Easter Road, including v Hearts, Aberdeen & Celtic.
    * It would have been 8 in a row but we drew 5-5 with Rangers after being 3-0 up, then 5-3 down, and Lennon did his aeroplane when we got the injury time leveller
    * We had a team full of Hibs fans who grew up a stone's throw from Easter Road
    * Even the ones who came from further afield were gripped with the club, the city, the Sunshine on Leith
    * We were at Hampden more often than we were at Tynecastle
    * We beat Rangers by a scoreline of 3-2 in any stadium they put the fixture on
    * We knocked out Hearts after a replay almost every year in the Scottish Cup 5th round
    * And in 2016 we beat Raith, we beat Hearts, we beat the holders, we beat Dundee Utd with Cummings failed Panenka & the Polar bear's heroics.
    * We scored a last minute winner that the whole of Scottish football cheered, after going a goal up in the first minute, to 2-1 down in the final, then 2-2 in 90+2...
    * We won the Scottish Cup

What a team, what great managers, what a board, what a support, what a club.

Best time imaginable to be a Hibee

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

* I saw Hibs win 7 in a row at Easter Road, including v Hearts, Aberdeen & Celtic.
    * It would have been 8 in a row but we drew 5-5 with Rangers after being 3-0 up, then 5-3 down, and Lennon did his aeroplane when we got the injury time leveller
    * Even the ones who came from further afield were gripped with the club, the city, the Sunshine on Leith
    * We knocked out Hearts after a replay almost every year in the Scottish Cup 5th round
    * And in 2016 we beat Raith, we beat Hearts, we beat the holders, we beat Dundee Utd with Cummings failed Panenka & the Polar bear's heroics.
    * We scored a last minute winner that the whole of Scottish football cheered, after going a goal up in the first minute, to 2-1 down in the final, then 2-2 in 90+2...

That is superb, great post!

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Belter of a post
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

I’ve got an 11 year old who has been a season ticket holder since 2011 with a slightly more mixed record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

That's brilliant!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member

Top class post. Thank you.

@hibs.net private member WeAreHibs's Avatar
    He was there!

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    Love it.

Great time to be a hibs fan. Attractive football, exciting entertaining games, passionate winner of a manager, a good team with a great bond who have proved they can beat anyone on their day, record attendances and ST sales etc etc.

Hopefully the feel good factor and recent successes encourage more and more of the young ones to get interested. Hibs Kids days etc are great initiatives to get the kids involved and enthusiastic about hibs.

Blog Entries
    Absolutely brilliant. My man started going to Easter Road in 2011 (I think) to watch Sunderland and Hibs play out a goalless draw. The agony and joy that followed that game is immeasurable.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranraer View Post
    Absolutely brilliant. My man started going to Easter Road in 2011 (I think) to watch Sunderland and Hibs play out a goalless draw. The agony and joy that followed that game is immeasurable.
    The exploits of the mcgeough / mcginn team will be talked about for years i suspect

@hibs.net private member
    Some nice points. My two have been season ticket holder since they were about 5 and although their record is more mixed than your lad they haven't quite worked out how disappointing football can be barring the relegation and that final. For the most part it has been amazing and all the bad stuff is so long ago in their short lives they have probably forgotten about it.

That is a classic post. It brilliantly depicts exactly what a young supporter has experienced.
    His memories are being etched forever, and when he recalls it years down the line as a middle aged man, it can be guaranteed that there will be young Jambos deriding and mocking as they in turn would be immersed in their own experience, which might be that of having known only Jambo derby domination.
    I personally grew up knowing only Hibs dominating the derby and fantastic European nights during Eddie Turnbull's reign, something generations of younger Hibbies did not experience, nor indeed Jambos of 30 and under.