hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Danny Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why can he still not clear a ball in any direction other than up then? Why is he still letting the ball bounce in front of him? Why is he still falling over when trying to turn, having been caught out of position?

What is this improvement you speak of?
    We've stopped conceding silly goals and our defence looks a lot more solid. The improvement I was talking about was the fact that Hanlon's got a decent centre back partner beside him for the firts time in ages (ever?) and our defence has improved greatly. Remember the St Johnstine game at Home? (2-3) You can't tell me we're not watching a different, more comfortable player than the Paun Hanlon from that game.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    We've stopped conceding silly goals and our defence looks a lot more solid. The improvement I was talking about was the fact that Hanlon's got a decent centre back partner beside him for the firts time in ages (ever?) and our defence has improved greatly. Remember the St Johnstine game at Home? (2-3) You can't tell me we're not watching a different, more comfortable player than the Paun Hanlon from that game.
    I agree that our defence has improved but that's more down to the quality of Doherty and McPake than it is an improvement in Hanlon...and Kujabi is the new Boco for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    I agree that our defence has improved but that's more down to the quality of Doherty and McPake than it is an improvement in Hanlon...and Kujabi is the new Boco for me.
    McPake himself think's Hanlon was even better than him in the semi v Aberdeen.

McPake's been brilliant. Hanlon's been much improved.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Not really in my opinion. If you fail to see the improvement in Hanlon's game since McPake's arrival, you don't understand football.
    The improvement of both full backs and another centre half have improved us, hanlon is still making most of the same mistakes he made before they arrived, but better players are able to clear them up now.

Has he suddenly got quicker, has his passing ability improved, and does he now out muscle players he previously didn't?

What are these improvements i'm failing to see?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    The improvement of both full backs and another centre half have improved us, hanlon is still making most of the same mistakes he made before they arrived, but better players are able to clear them up now.

Has he suddenly got quicker, has his passing ability improved, and does he now out muscle players he previously didn't?

What are these improvements i'm failing to see?
    His improvement is playing a good part in a much more solid defence. He has a great understanding with McPake. McPake attacks the ball, Hanlon drops off, dealing with balls in behind. Can you remember any glaring mistakes Hanlon has made in the past few weeks/months? he gave away a penalty at ICT, apart from that, I can't remember many. At the start of the season alongside O'Hanlon he was making some very basic errors. They've pretty much dried up.

Think its an absolute embarassment that we've got people still attacking Hanlon when he's been an integral part of a much more solid back four.

His improvement is playing a good part in a much more solid defence. He has a great understanding with McPake. McPake attacks the ball, Hanlon drops off, dealing with balls in behind. Can you remember any glaring mistakes Hanlon has made in the past few weeks/months? he gave away a penalty at ICT, apart from that, I can't remember many. At the start of the season alongside O'Hanlon he was making some very basic errors. They've pretty much dried up.

Think its an absolute embarassment that we've got people still attacking Hanlon when he's been an integral part of a much more solid back four.
    Perhaps O'Hanlon should partner McPake?

The penalty at inverness was only one of many mistakes he made that day. While i think he played well on Sunday, and during the semi made some timely tackles, he was still caught the wrong side of his man on a few occasions, and while i accept he's the best we have to partner McPake, i'd much prefer another McPake like player in beside James.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    On Pie and Bovril. Paul Cairney (Partick Thistle) and Fouad Bachirou (Morton) have been rumoured to us
    Last edited by SteveHFC; 24-04-2012 at 02:37 PM.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy19 View Post
    On Pie and Bovril. Paul Cairney (Partick Thistle) and (Fouad Bachirou) have been rumoured to us
    Never heard of them, what positions do they play?

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Never heard of them, what positions do they play?
    Both Midfielders
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member

The penalty at inverness was only one of many mistakes he made that day. While i think he played well on Sunday, and during the semi made some timely tackles, he was still caught the wrong side of his man on a few occasions, and while i accept he's the best we have to partner McPake, i'd much prefer another McPake like player in beside James.
    I think we constantly under-estimate the value than Hanlon brings. He has a decent turn of pace, comfortable on the ball, good in the air and takes responsibility...he is also left sided which brings balance to the team ...he improves consistently each season ... He will go on to play at a higher level...

He is a player that will seem better when he is gone . Fletcher only really matured in his final season, he wasn't seen as a top talent before then..

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    On Pie and Bovril. Paul Cairney (Partick Thistle) and Fouad Bachirou (Morton) have been rumoured to us
    Good pal of mine is a Ton(poor lad) although he's a soft spot for the hibees!

Anyway he describes bachirou as 'outstanding'

Morton are having a french themed last day of the season in his honour apparently

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I think we constantly under-estimate the value than Hanlon brings. He has a decent turn of pace, comfortable on the ball, good in the air and takes responsibility...he is also left sided which brings balance to the team ...he improves consistently each season ... He will go on to play at a higher level...

He is a player that will seem better when he is gone . Fletcher only really matured in his final season, he wasn't seen as a top talent before then..
    I must watch a different game, as i certainly would not in a million years say he has a decent turn of pace. And comfortable on the ball???????? His range of passing is long and longer. While i'd say he has improved a little year on year, he's still young and hopefully will play at a higher level, but imo i dont see it at the moment.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    I must watch a different game, as i certainly would not in a million years say he has a decent turn of pace. And comfortable on the ball???????? His range of passing is long and longer. While i'd say he has improved a little year on year, he's still young and hopefully will play at a higher level, but imo i dont see it at the moment.
    I watched him play for the Scotland U-21s against Holland recently and thought he was immense. He's struggled in a poor Hibs side, but as a CH, still has plenty time on his side.

I'm not a massive Hanlon fan. But you have to give credit where its due and say hes been far,far better recently with McPake in there. Defending is a team effort.

Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    I watched him play for the Scotland U-21s against Holland recently and thought he was immense. He's struggled in a poor Hibs side, but as a CH, still has plenty time on his side.
    I watched it too, and agree he looks good at that level. I also agree he's young, has time on his side, but i'm watching a very poor Hibs team, thats leaked goals for a number of years, and he's been part of that poor side.

I want him to succeed, the more home grown players the better. I want him sold for £1-2-3m in the coming year or so, but i get back to what i see with my own eyes on a Saturday, and thats a slow cumbersome central defender, easily bullied and little passing skills. Over to you Paul, prove me wrong.

@hibs.net private member

Whilst Hanlon still has room to improve I would rather money was spent on creating a midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Whilst Hanlon still has room to improve I would rather money was spent on creating a midfield.
    Listen, when all these loan players go back in the summer, we have a huge rebuilding job to do, all over the pitch.

Listen, when all these loan players go back in the summer, we have a huge rebuilding job to do, all over the pitch.
    Pat looks like he aware of this according to his HTV interview today, bounce game tomorrow with a few trialists involved?

I watched it too, and agree he looks good at that level. I also agree he's young, has time on his side, but i'm watching a very poor Hibs team, thats leaked goals for a number of years, and he's been part of that poor side.

I want him to succeed, the more home grown players the better. I want him sold for £1-2-3m in the coming year or so, but i get back to what i see with my own eyes on a Saturday, and thats a slow cumbersome central defender, easily bullied and little passing skills. Over to you Paul, prove me wrong.
    So you think he's slow, cumbersome, easily bullied and can't pass but you think he's good enough to be sold for up to £3m in a year?

Is that you, Rod?

@hibs.net private member Macaroon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    In my opinion Ozzy and Stevenson have been great for us this season. I'm baffled that people don't think they should be in our team.
    Both are very solid defensively. But there is no creativity whatsoever going forward. Even Osbourne has off days defensively then he is just dead weight in midfield. I'm baffled you didn't see that after the possession:chances ratio of the Killie game.

Shiels is the perfect player imo and him playing in CM with a slightly more defensive minded Stevenson, with Swanson and Hayes out wide. Would do the trick very well indeed.

@hibs.net private member Macaroon's Avatar
    Tom Cairney out of contract in the summer.

Purse oot Petrie !

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Fenlon and Brown watched him score a hat-trick on Saturday.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

So you think he's slow, cumbersome, easily bullied and can't pass but you think he's good enough to be sold for up to £3m in a year?

Is that you, Rod?
    Where did i say that?

Over to you, Petrie.

Over to you, Petrie.
    Again, where do i say he's worth any money?

Again, where do i say he's worth any money?
    How much do you reckon he's worth then?

Seeing as you're just intent on ripping the guy to shreds.

You "want" £3m for him, but how much do you reckon a slow, cumbersome, weak, crap passing centre half is worth these days?

Wouldn't it be great if he were reading this thread? Leading up to the biggest game in his life. I'm sure you're helping encourage him, BH.

How much do you reckon he's worth then?

Seeing as you're just intent on ripping the guy to shreds.

You "want" £3m for him, but how much do you reckon a slow, cumbersome, weak, crap passing centre half is worth these days?

Wouldn't it be great if he were reading this thread? Leading up to the biggest game in his life. I'm sure you're helping encourage him, BH.
    Its a message board and as such there will be pro and cons on it on every subject. 100K tops.
    Last edited by blackpoolhibs; 24-04-2012 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Shouldnt.

Can we rename the thread to be started off as a rumours about possible new signings but then reverted back to the usual just slate existing players because there is obviously not enough threads about that.

Any news on Danny Swanson?