hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Middle Earth was home to all the dudes; humans, hobbits, elves,dwarves, goblins, orcs and trolls etc.

Mordor is the name of the specifically evil - and smelly - place where the Orcs abide.
    They were bred in Utumno originally and after that fell they were based in Angband. Mordor was their third home, making it the appropriate name for the home of the successor club only after the current version goes bust like its unlamented predecessor.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    He’s not finished, he’s only 38..........

Seriously though, I think he’s looked good the times I’ve seen him this season, as long as we were signing him as a squad player I think he’d have a lot to offer.
    I listened to that TalkSport classic today. It's the urban myth that really is true..

Testimonial Due
    Wallace to finally solve the Hearts' left back problem?

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    If Miller is released from his contract this or next week then he could sign for anyone and you've just got to know that if Lenny signs him it would be to wind up the Thes to a pitch of frenzy...and that he would come on in the last game 5 minutes from the end and slot home the winner that consigned them to 5th place. Karma baby.
    He wouldn't be eligible to play for any other club until next season as he couldn't officially join a new club until 1st July.

From Kickback...

"What is laughable is the Scottish press in January falling over themselves to mention how Rangers were making excellent common sense signings and that they were now on the road to recovery. Not one of them has the guts to point out the obvious i.e. Rangers are a club in serious decline who just seem incapable of accepting it.*There is every chance that Hearts if run prudently and sensibly over the next 5 years will overtake Rangers as the second biggest club in Scotland"

Wow. This is what some of them think. Frightening. They are going to have a smaller home average than their city rivals and less season tickets than us next season and this guy thinks they're going to be the second biggest club in Scotland. Should try and become the 3rd biggest and take it from there.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    If this had happened in the January transfer window, I’d have happily taken him (the injury he had at the time aside). I think we need 4 strikers in the first team squad and we only have 3 excluding Boyle who started off as a striker. He’d have been fine as the fourth striker.

I’d hope we’d be able to sign Kamberi and possibly also Maclaren. I’d be hoping for a slightly younger option than KM next season as a fourth striker.

Kamberi actually reminds me of the type of player Miller developed into in his mid/late career.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    If he is free and The Rangers new management team don't want him, it's an absolute no-brainer for me - I'd drive him to HTC to sign

Anyone who doesn't think KM wouldn't improve and add to the already good squad (as player, coach, mentor and professional) needs their head examined. To think of him in a Hearts strip gives me shivers next season will be a very important one for Hibs, building on our success but also having to add to the squad after losing very influential players in SJM and DM...........so to get an experienced head in there and one which can help the transition would be invaluable.

I must need my head examined then

And what makes people think he'll make a good coach when he hangs his boots up

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    I must need my head examined then

And what makes people think he'll make a good coach when he hangs his boots up

I also think his days as a player in this division are nearly done.

But the fact he is where is at 38 says a lot about his professionalism. As a role model to young players there are few better. He’s had a 20+ year career and it started at Hibs.

He seems a pretty smart guy and surely has potential as a coach?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by .KingDomofFife. View Post
    From Kickback...

"What is laughable is the Scottish press in January falling over themselves to mention how Rangers were making excellent common sense signings and that they were now on the road to recovery. Not one of them has the guts to point out the obvious i.e. Rangers are a club in serious decline who just seem incapable of accepting it.*There is every chance that Hearts if run prudently and sensibly over the next 5 years will overtake Rangers as the second biggest club in Scotland"

Wow. This is what some of them think. Frightening. They are going to have a smaller home average than their city rivals and less season tickets than us next season and this guy thinks they're going to be the second biggest club in Scotland. Should try and become the 3rd biggest and take it from there.
    Another wee gem from the 'Whoosh' brigade over the road -

'They will never be what they were before, the quicker that sinks in for them the better'

Yeah, like they're taking the 'Level Playing-Field' and the fact it's led to an almost 100% reversal in the derby-game, extremely well - almost as well as they're taking our league-position/attendances/season-ticket numbers/capacity .....................
    Let's not even mention our SC win !!

Quote Originally Posted by huggie1875 View Post
    burning heroin on a spoon
    its only heating it up

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Why would we want Kenny bloody Miller in this squad, he's finished?

And how do we know he'd be such a good mentor for our youngsters, and do we not have coaches for this already?

He's finished, and the last thing we need is another washed up has been at the club, we are past signing these types now.
    as it should be. lets move on. Stokesy was brilliant even when he came back the third time but put the shine off it all with his recent antics. shame. don't want Miller, in any shape or form!!

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    He cant play for anyone until next season because he was under contract when the window closed.
    This does seem odd. Does this mean if a player is sacked the day after the window closes he can't take up a job with another employer for 5 months? I wonder has anyone ever tested this in court?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    This does seem odd. Does this mean if a player is sacked the day after the window closes he can't take up a job with another employer for 5 months? I wonder has anyone ever tested this in court?
    Players rarely get sacked - almost always terminated by mutual consent. I'm willing to bet money that even if Miller is sacked his contract will be paid off. That would probably be cheaper than the legal fees......

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    I listened to that TalkSport classic today. It's the urban myth that really is true..
    Wasn't it radio Scotland?

Turns out it wasn't.

https://talksport.com/football/phone...d-160531197918
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 18-04-2018 at 08:58 AM.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I can understand why folk wouldn’t want him now. For me he’d be a squad player but if he didn’t come here it wouldn’t bother me. Do think he’d be good for the younger guys though.
    2-3 years ago Kenny may have been a sensible signing but anybody signing a 38 year old would need their head examined.

He needs to think about any coaching ambitions he has, if he has any, but in terms of signing for Hibs that ship has sailed. Hibs need to be signing the new Kenny Miller not boosting the pension of the old one.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    He's not available to sign. He's a The Rangers' player.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Very relaxed about him signing for Hearts. Yes, he was a decent player, but 2 goals in 15 league appearances for the New Huns this year tells its own story. And he'd eat up a nice chunk of their budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post

I know a guy who was an up and coming pro at an SPL club about 11-12 years ago who was freed the day after the window closed, he believes this was done specifically so that he couldn’t sign for another Scottish club until the following window (a Scottish 1st division club wanted to sign him).

I think that that only applies to EUFA registered clubs though, a player could go to Australia, USA, etc to play.

BBC gossip saying we're in for miller. Lazy journalists trawling FB and forums?

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    There’s an article on football insider saying there’s mutiny in the air over the treatment of KM & LW. Mind you I think it’s just copying from the daily ranger. Can’t see to copy the link from my iPhone newsfeed though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    2-3 years ago Kenny may have been a sensible signing but anybody signing a 38 year old would need their head examined.

He needs to think about any coaching ambitions he has, if he has any, but in terms of signing for Hibs that ship has sailed. Hibs need to be signing the new Kenny Miller not boosting the pension of the old one.
    I don’t think anyone would need there head examined. If we were paying a fee for him then I’d agree but he’d be free. I’d offer him a deal on a low wage and if he takes it then great, if not we move on. He’d have something to offer as a mentor to the 3 strikers we have right now (presuming they all stayed) and I think he still has something to offer as a squad player. If he was paid accordingly, I think he’d be a decent signing for a season.

I don't think he's good enough now as a player. A wage that could be better spent elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    BBC gossip saying we're in for miller. Lazy journalists trawling FB and forums?
    I'd be surprised if we weren't

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .KingDomofFife. View Post
    I'd be surprised if we weren't

Lenny does like his veterans!

Still be a better signing than what hearts have signed this week

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    I don't think he's good enough now as a player. A wage that could be better spent elsewhere
    Sign him as a player coach. He has never disrespected the club he started his career with, has a wealth of experience to pass on and gives back up if required. He is probably a future Hibs manager so lets start his apprenticeship now.

So get a pre contract signed and parade him before the Thes game.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I don’t think anyone would need there head examined. If we were paying a fee for him then I’d agree but he’d be free. I’d offer him a deal on a low wage and if he takes it then great, if not we move on. He’d have something to offer as a mentor to the 3 strikers we have right now (presuming they all stayed) and I think he still has something to offer as a squad player. If he was paid accordingly, I think he’d be a decent signing for a season.
    It would seem a low risk signing. He's obviously a passionate guy about his football(as is his missus) and he has nothing but good things to say about us. He was a tremendous player in his younger days and a player who excited fans. What's not to like about a player coach position plus of course be an ideal mentor for Shaw and Allan and other young strikers coming through. I can see him being one of our four strikers for next season easily. Also a great impact sub to have.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Sign him as a player coach. He has never disrespected the club he started his career with, has a wealth of experience to pass on and gives back up if required. He is probably a future Hibs manager so lets start his apprenticeship now.

So get a pre contract signed and parade him before the Thes game.
    What?

Cant see us signing a 38 year old player .....hes done

All sorts of reasons why Lennon could be quoted as showing interest in Miller.
    Could be he knows better than us what he has to offer, in whatever capacity, and the interest is genuine.
    Could be he already knows either Kamberi or McLaren won't be here next season.
    Could be either of these two are still weighing things up and his stated interest in KM is just a wee message that there are other options.
    Could be absolute made-up sh*te.
    Who knows? I'll trust his judgement, as long as KM is not being preferred to either FK or JM!