Naw
    Is he gonnae?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    See him more of a Cambridge man.
    Not a Blue, surely?

Stubbsy💚 love that man!
    Last edited by Swedish hibee; 14-02-2018 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    There is a good interview with Stubbs on that Si Ferry meets ... You tube thing.

It's actually incredible how these interviews are so watchable when ferry basically just s******s and agrees with everything!
    Watched the 1st one last night and enjoyed it. It was interesting when he spoke about Wim Jansen's management style being completely different to anything he'd encountered before. No shouting and going nuts at them when they weren't performing well, just very calmly saying what they need to do to play better. It obviously worked for Celtic that season and I wondered how big an influence it had on his own management style. A fair bit I'd guess and Si Ferry should have asked him the question.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I've said before that Lewis Stevenson is my all time favourite Hibs player because of the manner in which he plays, the loyalty he's shown and what he's achieved and I hold him and also Stubbs up in the same level as Turnbull, Stanton, Reilly etc. in terms of how I view my all time favourite members of the Hibs family.

I can't think of a manager in the time I've followed Hibs who has represented the club with such class and dignity as him. His life story as well, his battles with cancer and how he's battled back into football, the football he had us playing, the exciting young players he brought in, the derby record, his obvious love for the club and leading us to the Scottish cup.

I'd absolutely love to have him back at the club. In thirty years time people won't remember the 3rd placed league finish (caused by a ridiculous schedule for a team with not that many players), he'll be seen as a great of the club because of his achievement and his incredible dignity and humility in how he handled himself in that cup run.
    Brilliant post, one of my favourite posts ever in fact. Word for word how I feel about Stubbs and Stevenson.

I think his exceptional work with the Everton under 23s will carry more weight than the Rotherham disaster. Any manager would’ve struggled at that club during that time. If he gets a job at a stable club with realistic expectations he’ll do well.

Stubbsy built a wonderful side that had everything stacked against it in terms of circumstances: The Rangers and Hearts being down there with us; the appalling refereeing decisions in key play off matches such as the "blatant handball pullback" by the Falkirk defender; fixture congestion pile ups that meant playing game after game after game, mere days apart, inducing fatigue and niggly injuries, and affecting recovery time and eventually our league form. To deliver the Holy Grail on the back of so much heartache leading up to it in the play offs was a minor miracle.
    Stubbsy had an eye for a good player and he built an attractive side. He ultimately laid the foundations of a promotion-winning side for Neil Lennon to take over, tweak and take us back to where we belong.
    Should Lennon leave us, which is inevitable at some future point, Stubbsy would be warmly welcomed back as manager by this Hibby.

I wouldn't want him back.

What if he failed? Cries of Stubbs Out?

Not worth the risk.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    Might need to worry more about explaining the third place finish behind Falkirk.

He could start with making both major cup finals from the second tier, and winning the big one.

United we stand here....

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    He could start with making both major cup finals from the second tier, and winning the big one.
    That's where I'd start.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    I wouldn't want him back.

What if he failed? Cries of Stubbs Out?

Not worth the risk.
    There were cries of that before the cup final