hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Next two league fixtures

Whilst hopeful for more I think two points from the next two fixtures should be viewed an acceptable return.

Parkhead will be tough, Celtic have resources beyond everyone in the division and may be finding their form.

Tynecastle is rarely a happy hunting ground and while would love a win I think remaining unbeaten would be a satisfactory outcome.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I agree.

If we can emerge from the next 2 games without having been defeated then we should be delighted.

Get back to putting away the wee teams home and away then get a bit of momentum going when we have all our injured players back going into the busy December schedule.

I would rather have at least 3 points

Due a win at both places. Probably best chance of beating Celtic in Glasgow for a while.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Aim for six points, happy enough with 4 points, settle for 3 points as long as win is at Tynie, 2 points disappointing, 1 point very disappointing and 0 poinrs not even being discussed.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    I'm hoping the new surface at Tynecastle will play to our strengths, plus with their strong arm tactics Mallan will hopefully get a few shots at goal so 3 points there for me.

Celtic who know, I listened to game yesterday on radio while driving and they sounded pretty unplayable but from what I gather other genes they've been terrible. Possibly at a similar point in the season to us where things are starting to click and players are starting to come back from niggly injuries, expecting a good game as we've shown recently we can go head to head with them, but I have no idea how it will finish.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Not winning at Celtc Park isn't really news. When we go there, the performance is as important as anything else. If we go there and play our own game, that will be good enough.

The Hearts game, hyperbole aside, looks like a draw.

@hibs.net private member
    Killie and Livi have a couple of winnable fixtures. While it's not the end of the world if they go above us temporary, it would be better we don't slip to 5th or 6th. So, I'd hope we manage to win at least one of these next two games.

Two draws on paper doesn't seem terrible, but would still be four point dropped.

So, two wins please.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Two points would be great.

However, I'd take an 0-5 at Parkhead for the scrappiest, jammiest luckiest 1-0 at Tynecastle.

We're capable of getting a result in both. 2 points wouldn't be a disaster but 4 is more than doable

Left by mutual consent!
    I'd be happy with 2.

If we get more than that then fantastic

Above all I want us to win at Tynecastle.

We all know how brutal our record is there and I think I’ve spent most of my Hibs supporting life saying that we need to change it. However, we do need to change it.

We’re capable of getting a result in both games. We should have won at Parkhead last year and they were in far better nick then than they are now. And I think we are a better side than we were at this time last season as well.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    2 would be a fair return I think. In all honesty, even 1 (from Tynie) wouldn't be all that bad - as pessimistic as that sounds it's about in line with expectations.

3+ would be lovely. 6 Would put us top of the league after pretty much a full round of fixtures - net sure when that would have last happened. 72/73 perhaps?
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2 would be a fair return I think. In all honesty, even 1 (from Tynie) wouldn't be all that bad - as pessimistic as that sounds it's about in line with expectations.

3+ would be lovely. 6 Would put us top of the league after pretty much a full round of fixtures - net sure when that would have last happened. 72/73 perhaps?
    We went top in 12-13 after 13 games.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Not winning at Celtc Park isn't really news. When we go there, the performance is as important as anything else. If we go there and play our own game, that will be good enough.

The Hearts game, hyperbole aside, looks like a draw.
    After todays headlines in the papers, it will be the next usurpers put to the sword!!!!
    Every game from now, they will be waiting for our bubble to burst, and if and when it does you will hear about it!!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Aim for six points, happy enough with 4 points, settle for 3 points as long as win is at Tynie, 2 points disappointing, 1 point very disappointing and 0 poinrs not even being discussed.
    A much poorer hearts team beat us at Tyine last year and we’ve not won at Celtic Park in a good while so why is 0 points not to be discussed?? I would love us to come out with at least 1 win but it’s just as likely we won’t win either. I’d be happy with 2 points.

Anything less than 6 points would be disappointing

6 points would be bloody title winning form

Its really hard to say what will happen, Celtic appear to have rediscovered their mojo, at least domestically, and I remain to be convinced that we are yet tough enough in midfield to combat the usual brutal Hertz approach, I highly doubt they will allow us to play football.

Two draws would be a very acceptable outcome IMO … how many teams are actually going to come away with full points from Celtic park and the Rust arena this season anyway? A win and a draw would be a fantastic return and a win and a defeat would still be more than decent, but the truth is we could just as easily lose both games … as usual we will have to be at our very best and carry a bit of luck … always in short supply at both venues unfortunately.

We are capable of beating both teams, of that I have no doubt. But they have home advantage and in Hertz case that infuriatingly postage sized pitch which nullifies our width to an extent, its where more than any other venue we miss a Scott Allan type player capable of a defence splitting through ball.

If we can defy the odds and beat Celtic it makes the derby a free hit IMO … wouldn't that be good

@hibs.net private member
    Two points would be a very good return as these are the teams we will be fighting it out against and it is important to take something from the games if we want a European spot or better. We are capable of beating anyone on their day but historically the signs are not good for a haul of points from either ground.

@hibs.net private member
    2 wins for me and at least 50% of shots on target a goal. Means we’ll beat Celtic 2-0 and hearts by at least 4.😉

GGTTH

If we really have ambitions about winning the league, and I believe secretly our manager does, then we need the full 6 points.

For the first time in over a decade the league is there for the taking.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    If we really have ambitions about winning the league, and I believe secretly our manager does, then we need the full 6 points.

For the first time in over a decade the league is there for the taking.
    I really don't think it is but we are building a great platform to push for a European place.

1 game at a time . go to glasgow and get tore right intae them from the kick off .. we have the players to go there and get the win

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Anything less than 6 points would be disappointing
    This

We as fans need to change our attitude to a winning one if we’re serious about challenging for top 3, the players have done so

We have the advantage of a 10 day break between the Celtic game and the derby while the yams have to fit two extra games in in that time. Hopefully we can make it tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    2-1 to us v Celtic.
    3-1 to us v Hearts.

6pts in bag.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevi_SOL View Post
    This

We as fans need to change our attitude to a winning one if we’re serious about challenging for top 3, the players have done so
    I'd expect the players to aim for 6 points, of course. What individual fans think will happen will have no bearing on the outcome though.
    Mon the Hibs.

Think we'll get 3 points, loss to Celtic & win at Tynie

We're long overdue at win at Tynecastle so I hope that when we do score, the officials actually award us the goal(s).

I feel a bit more positive than I did 2-3 weeks ago, as we seem to be coming on to some decent form, and Mallan's Free Kicks should give us an even better chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Due a win at both places. Probably best chance of beating Celtic in Glasgow for a while.
    Our best chance in probably my entire time as a Hibs fan. Still very difficult though.

Our last win there was early 2009 (Danny Galbraith winner).