hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I see Hertz have a scheduled home game against Ross County on 25th November which is the same day that Scotland are due to play at Murrayfield. Let's not hope that Tynie is ready by then.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    No.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Maybe we should move to Straiton ...
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I would rather we play at Easter Road with 16K than Murrayfield with 30K. Atmosphere would be crap and we would be giving up our home advantage. Hearts wouldn't be playing at Murrayfield either if they had got their finger out and ordered seats and potatoes.

......At Easter Road we play. Not every other Saturday mind you.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I'd be extremely pissed off if hibs sold me my season ticket for Easter Road, and then moved a game to another stadium. Thankfully it's never going to happen.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see Hertz have a scheduled home game against Ross County on 25th November which is the same day that Scotland are due to play at Murrayfield. Let's not hope that Tynie is ready by then.

They are DUE to be back playing at Tynie by then

It's such a daft idea, it's hard to know where to begin, so I won't bother.

Scotland needs a Cardiff type stadium - close enough to the pitch for football and rugby.

Murrayfield like Hampden you can feel very far away from the action at times.

Both are under used and white elephants but both the SFA and SRU probably wouldn't even enter discussions to work together.

The only positive about Hampden is that it keeps the Old Firm through West - wouldn't fancy an old Old Firm final in Edinburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    Should we consider. Jam is get 24k including 6k Dons fans. If we staged Hertz, Huns and tic home games there what do you think crowds would be, 30k, 35k, 40k?. If we budget at 30k for 5 home games the extra turnover compared to full houses at ER could be 5 x 13k fans at ave £20 =65k x20=£1.3m. Subtract 300k for rental/ security that's an extra 1 million bottom line per year. Over 3 seasons an extra £3 million could buy us:
    £1 mill to fund indoor full size pitch at East Mains PLUS £2 million to fund top players and keep them enabling a Europa league challenge. A notional £700k per year is £14k per week that could top up current wages of 4 top players to around 7/8k per week. Could help keep Super McGinn or fund higher level new players. Speculative I know but what are thoughts?

Let's leave this 'Wee man' obsessed mentality to those unfortunates over on the other side of the city.

Should we consider. Jam is get 24k including 6k Dons fans. If we staged Hertz, Huns and tic home games there what do you think crowds would be, 30k, 35k, 40k?. If we budget at 30k for 5 home games the extra turnover compared to full houses at ER could be 5 x 13k fans at ave £20 =65k x20=£1.3m. Subtract 300k for rental/ security that's an extra 1 million bottom line per year. Over 3 seasons an extra £3 million could buy us:
    £1 mill to fund indoor full size pitch at East Mains PLUS £2 million to fund top players and keep them enabling a Europa league challenge. A notional £700k per year is £14k per week that could top up current wages of 4 top players to around 7/8k per week. Could help keep Super McGinn or fund higher level new players. Speculative I know but what are thoughts?
    Wouldn't get anywhere near 30k. Plus Hibs wouldn't want to play in a empty stadium. ER is home always will be. Fill the corners over the next few years.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    They are DUE to be back playing at Tynie by then
    9th September wasn't it?

Mrs Budge writed a statement about it and evryfing.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

What a bizarre idea, plus you've spent time working out scenarios 😯
    Last edited by poolman; 10-09-2017 at 10:34 AM.

After reading the suggestion above, I fear I might be losing my title as DotNet's stupidest poster

We already have a completed stadium, we have no need to borrow somebody else's ground for a few games.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    After reading the suggestion above, I fear I might be losing my title as DotNet's stupidest poster

No need to worry. You're way out in front.

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Scotland needs a Cardiff type stadium - close enough to the pitch for football and rugby.

Murrayfield like Hampden you can feel very far away from the action at times.

Both are under used and white elephants but both the SFA and SRU probably wouldn't even enter discussions to work together.

The only positive about Hampden is that it keeps the Old Firm through West - wouldn't fancy an old Old Firm final in Edinburgh.

Actually, the SRU approached the SFA, before Hampden was rebuilt and Murrayfield's West Stand was still in the planning stages, to ask if they would share Murrayfield with them. The SFA reply was something along the lines of 'Glasgow is the home of football, so beat it'.

It might not be everybody's cup of tea but, IMHO, Murrayfield is a much better stadium than Hampden.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    No need to worry. You're way out in front.

Aw shucks, thanks

This is up there with the strangest threads I've seen on .net over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Actually, the SRU approached the SFA, before Hampden was rebuilt and Murrayfield's West Stand was still in the planning stages, to ask if they would share Murrayfield with them. The SFA reply was something along the lines of 'Glasgow is the home of football, so beat it'.

It might not be everybody's cup of tea but, IMHO, Murrayfield is a much better stadium than Hampden.
    That was a good 15 years ago ?

I can't see them entering discussions now though would make sense as both need a soultion but have spent lots on improvements and issues like BT sponsoring Murrayfield till 2021.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    That was a good 15 years ago ?

I can't see them entering discussions now though would make sense as both need a soultion but have spent lots on improvements and issues like BT sponsoring Murrayfield till 2021.
    With the lease on Hampden running out in 2020 I can see it being considered. How old is Murrayfield? It's years since I've been and I don't know what sort of state it's in.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    We play at Easter Road at the other side of the city......NO.
    That's the bottom line : end of !!

Quote Originally Posted by jijihibby View Post
    Rather than Murrayfield, we should be giving careful consideration to filling in the corners at ER. At least a feasibility study could be made. The work could be done in stages, with no great upheaval as at PBS, several English clubs have done so, in the end we could get the 30,000 capacity,
    If the question is, do Hibs need a 30,000 capacity stadium? the answer is last season's average crowd of 15,500 was our highest in nearly 40 years. Hopefully this seasons average will be even higher, but we are miles from needing a 30,000 capacity.

At the very most filling in the FF / East corner with seats is as far as we will ever go, which would probably bring the capacity up to 22,000 or thereabouts and that would be more than enough ..... I look forward to the day Hibs get round to filling in the corners and extending the roofs of the FF and south to make the stadium the enclosed arena it can and should be, but for me its a question of atmosphere not capacity and from that point of view 22,000 is the very most we will ever require.

As for Murrayfield ............ we played Barcelona in front of 24,000 there and it convinced me forever that so far as being a football stadium is concerned its a very good rugby stadium.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    what's with the title Murderfield ?

Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    What a bizarre idea, plus you've spent time working out scenarios 😯
    never spent any time working out how much extra tax,stewarding,policing costs would be though!

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    what's with the title Murderfield ?
    It's a weird one especially when trying to big it up.

Surely not predictive text error either.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    It's a weird one especially when trying to big it up.

Surely not predictive text error either.
    Ok guys points taken I'll not engage any further on this bye

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    We will be playing at Murrayfield. It will be at the end of the year and will be because those idiots will still have a stand unfinished.
    I believe this will come to pass

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavinho View Post
    I believe this will come to pass
    I hope not, would be lining their pockets

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Why don't Millwall play at Wembley?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I hope not, would be lining their pockets
    Just think they'll not be done in time for our game.
    You wouldn't be boycotting it Billy would you?!

Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    Why don't Millwall play at Wembley?

I don't know about anybody else, but I can't wait to hear the punchline