hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fixture changes

Fixture changes

Hibernian has received confirmation that three Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier League matches will now have revised kick off dates and times.

The next Edinburgh Derby will be staged at Tynecastle on Sunday 18 March, kick off midday (televised live on ESPN).

Our big trip north to the Highlands has now changed; away at Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Sunday 1 April, kick off midday (televised live on ESPN).

On Sunday 8 April, Hibernian take on Motherwell at Easter Road (kick off 12.30pm, televised live on ESPN).
    Inverness midday on a Sunday

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is a shocker. Sunday lunchtime games are awful IMO.

Latest TV selections

The SPL today announced the next batch of Clydesdale Bank Premier League games to be covered live on Sky Sports and ESPN through to the split on the weekend of April 7/8.

Sky Sports will screen the third Old Firm derby of the season at Ibrox on Sunday March 25, kick-off 1pm, while the capital clash between Hearts and Hibernian is live on ESPN the previous Sunday.

Saturday March 17
    Dundee United v Rangers
    Live on Sky Sports, 12.45pm

Sunday March 18
    Hearts v Hibernian
    Live on ESPN, 12 noon

Sunday March 25
    Rangers v Celtic
    Live on Sky Sports, 1pm

Saturday March 31
    Motherwell v Rangers
    Live on ESPN, 12 noon

Sunday April 1
    Inverness CT v Hibernian
    Live on ESPN, 12 noon

Saturday April 7
    Kilmarnock v Celtic
    Live on ESPN, 12 noon

Sunday April 8
    Hibernian v Motherwell
    Live on ESPN, 12.30pm

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Not happy with any games being moved. Inverness at 12pm on a Sunday they can **** right off with that one.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar

Tin hat on here but it will inconvenience the few hundred that would've made the trip but it will allow the several thousand back home to see the game 'live'

Although I can see a Sat night stopover and Johnny Foxes for a few of the younger team :pfgwa

3 Sunday early kick offs out of 4 weeks thats crazy. Mind good for me cause I play on a Saturday, delighted with the derby get in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy View Post
    Not happy with any games being moved. Inverness at 12pm on a Sunday they can **** right off with that one.

Maybe they should have big screens at ER and open the gates for us, charge a fiver a head...would be funny to see a higher attendance at ER than in the Inverness ground

Blog Entries
    I really loathe fixture changes.

I now have to miss either the derby (which I've not missed home or away for 27 years or so) or my kids game.

Midday Sunday for Motherwell? Woop de f***ing doo.

Out of all the things that TV brings, this mucking about with kick offs is the one that really, really gets on my t!ts

The Inverness fixture change is brutal but just about every SPL club suffers because of the crowd-killing, atmosphere-sucking, OF-favouring TV deal the SPL not only agreed to but positively celebrate.

@hibs.net private member
    Sure Hibs Hearts game is on Mothers Day which will go down really well. BTW same day as League Cup final so it won't get any build up on BBC.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Another game off my season ticket.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Another game off my season ticket.
    You got a season ticket for Tynecastle?

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Why would i have one of those?

Left by mutual consent!
    Anyone from the Inverness area or recent experience of going out up there on a Saturday/Sunday?

I have been out up there on a Saturday night a couple of times, not for 5 years or so now, and a lot of pubs closed quite early.

What is it like these days?

What about staying up for a bevy on the Sunday, are there plenty pubs open on a Sunday afternoon/night?

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Sure Hibs Hearts game is on Mothers Day which will go down really well. BTW same day as League Cup final so it won't get any build up on BBC.
    It is, as was our league cup win in '07 and what seems a fair number of OF matches over the last few years. It means I will miss my first tynecastle derby for several years as I keep a promise I made in '07.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Left by mutual consent!
    Sure the 2-2 "Vaz Te" derby last season was Mother's day too.

@hibs.net private member
    And the Motherwell one is now Easter Sunday.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    The bad news for the Inverness game is that the first train on a Sunday morning to Inverness is not until 09:36 and it doesn't arrive in to Inverness until 13:15 so that's the train scratched off the cards as an option for fans going up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    The bad news for the Inverness game is that the first train on a Sunday morning to Inverness is not until 09:36 and it doesn't arrive in to Inverness until 13:15 so that's the train scratched off the cards as an option for fans going up.
    The football fan who actually likes to go to games, is the last person they think of when arranging dates and times these days.

The football fan who actually likes to go to games, is the last person they think of when arranging dates and times these days.

Thats been evident for seasons now as we've been shafted season after season with away games to either Aberdeen or Inverness with either crazy kick off times or moved to a Sunday with a crazy kick off time or a midweek game over the festive period or just a midweek match away to either of the 2.

Sunday midday in Inverness is a shocker, fans really are being shafted.....

Our Bus will be leaving at 07.30 on the Sunday, that seems mad....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Thats been evident for seasons now as we've been shafted season after season with away games to either Aberdeen or Inverness with either crazy kick off times or moved to a Sunday with a crazy kick off time or a midweek game over the festive period or just a midweek match away to either of the 2.
    When the league and clubs are looking at ways of attracting more fans through the doors, who in their right mind sanctions these fixtures? I mean Inverness away on a sunday, at 12. Why, just why?

@hibs.net private member
    So let me get this right.... They have moved our games to Mother's Day and Easter Sunday at 12 noon. My mum and my wife -2 separate people btw as I'm not a Hearts supporter- will be delighted at that. The Inverness game moved to a time when supporters can't get the train there before kick off.

Who plans these things?

bloody espn

When the league and clubs are looking at ways of attracting more fans through the doors, who in their right mind sanctions these fixtures? I mean Inverness away on a sunday, at 12. Why, just why?

I wouldn't have been so bad if it was the Saturday 12pm. Fixture changes like this should be restricted to derbys/teams close to each other geographically imo. The TV rules over the SFA because they have no balls and wont stand up to Sky or ESPN but then again they need the money from the TV deals so its like being stuck between a rock and a hard place .

I wouldn't have been so bad if it was the Saturday 12pm. Fixture changes like this should be restricted to derbys/teams close to each other geographically imo. The TV rules over the SFA because they have no balls and wont stand up to Sky or ESPN but then again they need the money from the TV deals so its like being stuck between a rock and a hard place .
    Agree wholeheartedly, but once again fans are last ones that are considered.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Agree wholeheartedly, but once again fans are last ones that are considered.....
    Although i actually will see the game now, and wouldn't have if it was not on telly. The paying public those who like attending live football, are kicked in the baws one again.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Tin hat on here but it will inconvenience the few hundred that would've made the trip but it will allow the several thousand back home to see the game 'live'

Although I can see a Sat night stopover and Johnny Foxes for a few of the younger team :pfgwa

Not a fan of midday games. We've quite often played away to Aberdeen early doors recently and it spoils the occassion if you plan on a day out.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

It's just pure mental...

I have always said that Inverness or Aberdeen should never have noon or evening kick offs due to location, length of time and lack of services to the North...so i agree the location must come into consideration.

Why doesn't the Infirm negotiate their own TV deal with SKY or ESPN as they seem to be on a different planet to the rest of Scottish Football and let's face it the TV companies are only interested in them (see tv fixture list) which will allow the rest of Scotland to kick off at 3pm on a Saturday.

Kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday may increase season ticket sales as there will be some form of structure to the league with everyone knowing when their teams are playing. Would it increase walk up fans...maybe if they reduced ticket prices.

With the Old Firm negotiating their own deals and just say they wanted to play us outwith the fixture date they would have to seek permission firstly from us and the league to play on a day outwith the fixture calander. They would also have to give us 60% of the TV cash for that day, that is for the privilage of playing us at ER, 40% if we play them in their lego stadium...NO DEAL if they don't agree and we force a 3pm kick off on saturday.