97 64.24%
  • No

54 35.76%
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyalty Points

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Should potential new fans be turned away to make way for folk that have seen it and done it? If a newbie wants to come and watch Hibs it's as much their club as it is yours.
    They are more than welcome to come along and under a loyalty point scheme the more games they attend the better chance they have of getting a ticket for low allocation games. It's not rocket science.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    loyalty points should be dished out at the end of each season, a walk-up that attends every home game gives the club far more money that a ST holder, who's the more loyal fan then away ST holders don't pay money towards the running of the club

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Why should someone who's been going to all the games for 50+ years miss out on a big game to some Johnny come lately who has got their first season ticket because Hibs are doing well and they want to jump on the band wagon?
    I’m not saying they should.

I’m saying everyone should be treated equally with an equal chance of getting a ticket.

I really don’t see how anyone can complain about that?

If we take your position to extremes, we’d then be waiting on older fans dying off before anyone else gets to go!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

I’m saying everyone should be treated equally with an equal chance of getting a ticket.

Because the more of the 'unattractive' away games you go to, the more right you have to first refusal of a big game away ticket?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

If we take your position to extremes, we’d then be waiting on older fans dying off before anyone else gets to go!!

Attending the less attractive away matches is the only way to build up your points to make you eligible for the bigger, lower allocation away games. Every club that has a LP does it that way. Takes time but its the fairest way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    I've been watching Hibs since the 60s through thick and thin and boy have I watched some crap during that time. Now that better times are with us I should lose out to some newbie?
    That's the spirit. So why should a 'newbie' lose out to someone who has had more that their fair share of suffering?

Suffering should be shared equally.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Attending the less attractive away matches is the only way to build up your points to make you eligible for the bigger, lower allocation away games. Every club that has a LP does it that way. Takes time but its the fairest way.
    Exactly. The first year in the Championship I only missed one away game all season (due to a holiday) but missed out on tickets to the game at Ibrox when Lewy scored because a whole bunch of people decided that Hibs were worth watching by that point.

Having spent the time and money travelling to watch us lose against QOTS, Alloa, Raith etc as well as midweek trips to Ross County and Dumbarton that season I felt it was a bit unfair that I ended up missing one of the few real highlights of that season

There should be a Loyalty Points system based on how many Hibs Tatoos you have, with double points given for any in 'painful' regions.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    This is just one of these things, that you will never get a large fan base all agreeing on what system is best, purely because everyone will want to put their own personal circumstances as a priority.

We have all seen things like people queuing for hours and then buying for up to 10 people, people logging on with different accounts on several different computers/devices when trying to get in the online purchase queue.

But it all boils down to the no matter what system you do, what loyalty scheme you come up with, 16,000 fans fighting over 3000 tickets, there will always be 13,000 that will miss out.

The the argument " I've has a ST for X number of years" and " well I have a ST and AST" and "but I buy a walk up ticket to all home and away" etc the list goes on.

Yes, I do think that loyalty should be rewarded in some way, but now we have 13,500 ST holders, not everyone will fit in the away end at the PBS.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    This is just one of these things, that you will never get a large fan base all agreeing on what system is best, purely because everyone will want to put their own personal circumstances as a priority.

We have all seen things like people queuing for hours and then buying for up to 10 people, people logging on with different accounts on several different computers/devices when trying to get in the online purchase queue.

But it all boils down to the no matter what system you do, what loyalty scheme you come up with, 16,000 fans fighting over 3000 tickets, there will always be 13,000 that will miss out.

The the argument " I've has a ST for X number of years" and " well I have a ST and AST" and "but I buy a walk up ticket to all home and away" etc the list goes on.

Yes, I do think that loyalty should be rewarded in some way, but now we have 13,500 ST holders, not everyone will fit in the away end at the PBS.
    I get what you mean but the bit in bold isn't always true. People like Hermit Crab for example already have an away season ticket so they are sorted for all away games as it is so moving back to loyalty points wouldn't benefit him any further but still he's one of the louder advocates for the system.

I fall into the same bracket, I'll get a ticket for any away game but still would rather see loyalty points brought back because I think it's fairer.

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Any loyalty points Scheme can’t diminish the value of a season ticket. Any points scheme should only be for season ticket Holders to promote the clubs main stream of income.

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    I get what you mean but the bit in bold isn't always true. People like Hermit Crab for example already have an away season ticket so they are sorted for all away games as it is so moving back to loyalty points wouldn't benefit him any further but still he's one of the louder advocates for the system.

I fall into the same bracket, I'll get a ticket for any away game but still would rather see loyalty points brought back because I think it's fairer.

I would fully support a LP system returning. It really is simple to do. Ask Hearts.

@hibs.net private member
    I like the idea of an Away Season Ticket for those who are keen to commit to every away game then as a secondary way of allocating tickets a loyalty scheme.

I've got an away season ticket this year and it's flawless (apart from the restricted view nonsense lol).

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    I would fully support a LP system returning. It really is simple to do. Ask Hearts.
    This, implement the system that Hearts use and have been using for what must be nearly 10 years.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackh View Post
    Bring them back. Simple as.
    Yep. I’m not even going to waste my time trying to get a ticket for the Derby at the end of the month.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This, implement the system that Hearts use and have been using for what must be nearly 10 years.

This.
    I hate to admit when they do something right, but their scheme is easy and straight forward.. I think the one that we tried was too complicated( I mean that by the way you earned points)

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    This.
    I hate to admit when they do something right, but their scheme is easy and straight forward.. I think the one that we tried was too complicated( I mean that by the way you earned points)
    Did you not get allocated points for buying season ticket and attending games?

For home games were crowds are very low and season tickets are not valid eg league cup games, for me this is an opportunity to add bonus points for loyalty
    Last edited by Dancehibs; 10-10-2018 at 03:45 PM.

If Hibs wanted to bring in the LP system for the 2019/20 season then heres how easy it is.

If you had a 18/19 season ticket coupled with an away season ticket this season and renew then you start of on 60 points.

If you just had an 18/19 season ticket and renew you start with 50 points.

If you're a first time purchaser of a season ticket in 2019/20 season then you get 40 points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Away games

Loyalty points for away games issued as follows (depending on league participants) and depending whether tickets are issued by the respective clubs although most clubs no longer accommodate PATG without tickets going on sale first.

Hearts, Celtic, Rangers away, 1 loyalty point for big away games smaller allocation (hearts isn't exactly away so 1 loyalty point)

Livingston, Motherwell, Hamilton, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and Dundee 2 points, fairly easy to get to with large away allocations but can be unattractive to fans so more loyalty points for attending these lesser attractive games.

Aberdeen away, 3 loyalty points, long distance to travel, unattractive in the winter and usually tv games but incentive to go with more points for attending.

If Ross County or Inverness come up then they would be 3 point matches going by distance and and attractiveness of the fixtures.

Cup away games would depend on the draw and allocation. Use the method above regarding distance as a general rule of thumb.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Home games

Points issued in the following way for home games.

Cup matches that season Ticket Holders attend gets you 1 loyalty point if you buy a ticket through the website, call centre or ticket office getting the ticket using their client reference number. (NB if you buy multiple tickets for friends using you client ref then you still only get 1 point for your actual ticket for your seat.

Walk ups (PATG) 0 loyalty points, I know it seems harsh but the incentive is there to buy in advance to get points, tickets can be bought online minutes before kick off and scanned from phones at turnstiles.

No retrospective adding of points etc.

No points for pies, clubs shop crap and pints behind the goals. Points are for tickets only.

At the end of the season everyone gets 50 knocked off their total and he scheme begins again.
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 10-10-2018 at 03:47 PM.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I get your point.

However, let’s say for example that our first game of the season is away to Rangers.

800 Hibs fans get their tickets and some loyalty points. Let’s say you and I both missed out for whatever reason.

We have now got zero chance of amassing the same number of points as the 800 meaning that we won’t ever be able to get another ticket for Ibrox.

In essence, these 800 are the only ones that will be guaranteed tickets for the next match at Ibrox

That just doesn’t seem fair to me, or for you!!

If Hibs wanted to bring in the LP system for the 2019/20 season then heres how easy it is.

If you had a 18/19 season ticket coupled with an away season ticket this season and renew then you start of on 60 points.

If you just had an 18/19 season ticket and renew you start with 50 points.

If you're a first time purchaser of a season ticket in 2019/20 season then you get 40 points.

Away games

Loyalty points for away games issued as follows (depending on league participants) and depending whether tickets are issued by the respective clubs although most clubs no longer accommodate PATG without tickets going on sale first.

Hearts, Celtic, Rangers away, 1 loyalty point for big away games smaller allocation (hearts isn't exactly away so 1 loyalty point)

Livingston, Motherwell, Hamilton, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and Dundee 2 points, fairly easy to get to with large away allocations but can be unattractive to fans so more loyalty points for attending these lesser attractive games.

Aberdeen away, 3 loyalty points, long distance to travel, unattractive in the winter and usually tv games but incentive to go with more points for attending.

If Ross County or Inverness come up then they would be 3 point matches going by distance and and attractiveness of the fixtures.

Cup away games would depend on the draw and allocation. Use the method above regarding distance as a general rule of thumb.

Home games

Points issued in the following way for home games.

Cup matches that season Ticket Holders attend gets you 1 loyalty point if you buy a ticket through the website, call centre or ticket office getting the ticket using their client reference number. (NB if you buy multiple tickets for friends using you client ref then you still only get 1 point for your actual ticket for your seat.

Walk ups (PATG) 0 loyalty points, I know it seems harsh but the incentive is there to buy in advance to get points, tickets can be bought online minutes before kick off and scanned from phones at turnstiles.

No retrospective adding of points etc.

No points for pies, clubs shop crap and pints behind the goals. Points are for tickets only.

At the end of the season everyone gets 50 knocked off their total and he scheme begins again.
    Similar to my idea. I don't see how people don't seem this as fair.

I get your point.

However, let’s say for example that our first game of the season is away to Rangers.

800 Hibs fans get their tickets and some loyalty points. Let’s say you and I both missed out for whatever reason.

We have now got zero chance of amassing the same number of points as the 800 meaning that we won’t ever be able to get another ticket for Ibrox.

In essence, these 800 are the only ones that will be guaranteed tickets for the next match at Ibrox

You're relying on those same 800 fans buying tickets for every away game and home cup game where points are issued until the next Ibrox match which is unlikely. You have to start somewhere though but in the long run it is a fair system.

I get your point.

Simple way to fix that is to not award loyalty points for Celtic, rangers and hearts where demand is larger that supply.

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    Similar to my idea. I don't see how people don't seem this as fair.

Its so simple but Hibs made it so difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    Simple way to fix that is to not award loyalty points for Celtic, rangers and hearts where demand is larger that supply.

Yeah, that could work as well. Only give out points for less attractive away fixtures.

Leeann is very smart and will never devalue the season ticket again. It’s the most important revenue generator for the club and she wants to keep it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Yeah, that could work as well. Only give out points for less attractive away fixtures.
    That seems sensible compromise. In recent times demand outstrips supply. Not than long ago we had a few hundred fans at Ibrox and parkhead. Also, only 1500 fans at the PBS, to witness a magnificent one nil win

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancehibs View Post
    That seems sensible compromise. In recent times demand outstrips supply. Not than long ago we had a few hundred fans at Ibrox and parkhead. Also, only 1500 fans at the PBS, to witness a magnificent one nil win
    That wasn’t in her thoughts when she introduced it in the 1st place

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    That wasn’t in her thoughts when she introduced it in the 1st place
    What was in her thoughts?

@hibs.net private member
    First thing that needs done is to change the name from loyalty points as this causes friction as fans all regard themselves as loyal and most invest a fair chunk into the club through various methods.

LD has said no on numerous occasions so it’s not coming back as fans threatened not to renew their STs as they had no chance of getting a ticket for Hearts away. The AST works,so maybe we could have a scheme where fans sign up for half AST or a Cat AST

Also I’d rather we spent money on the team rather than waste it running a loyalty scheme that will not bring in a penny of extra income for the club. Things are going well just now, why divert money from Lennon’s budget for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk